[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does every native Mexican believe in witches, or brujas?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8

File: 4chins x.jpg (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
4chins x.jpg
8KB, 225x225px
Why does every native Mexican believe in witches, or brujas? I just don't understand, and whenever I ask about it, they don't want to talk about it, for fear of being attacked. What am I missing? I want to believe in them but I have absolutely zero tangible evidence that leads me to do so.
>>
>>18916965
>Mexican believe
As well as the whole rest of the damn world, you nacho munching bitch.

>want to believe
Then go to the witch... Simple.

pretty much every every village has one and cities have loads of'em...

so set an appointment and have your curiosity satisfied.
>>
>>18917022
>As well as the whole rest of the damn world
Except for the people with working brains.
>>
>>18916965
A Mexican guy at my job randomly started talking about them one day. He said something like
"In my country, the priest go into the graveyard at night. He no come back out. It was...I don't know how to say...Bruja. I see them here too in America. I no go out at night. It's not safe!" I hope that was enough info for you OP.
>>
>>18917026
>Except for the people with working brains.
Which pretty much account for a drop in an ocean of the vast majority of human specimens sleepwalking throughout the surface of the earth.
>>
As a mexican I can say: Pues sí, aunque ese tipo de creencias se están olvidando con todo esto de la modernidad. Ahora a lo que le tenemos miedo es al narco :/
>>
>>18916965

If you want to believe, then believe. It's not like someone is going to pop up behind you, and shove their thumb up your ass if you do/don't think something. On the reals though, bruja/brujo are *mostly* just people that dispense counsel and home remedies to people who need a sympathetic ear and a way to cope with whatever ails them.
>>
>>18917053
Me parece que tienen suficiente difusion, no tienes que obligar a todo el mundo a creer en estas cosas, pero con que la gente lo tenga presente significa que le quedan muchos años.
>>
File: faggots-everywhere.png (203KB, 556x303px) Image search: [Google]
faggots-everywhere.png
203KB, 556x303px
>>18917030
>A Mexican guy said "I see them here too in America"

As if Mexico was in Asia, perhaps... *facepalm*
>>
File: 20150607_123619.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20150607_123619.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>live in a country where drogos cartels wholesale slaughter and kidnap people
>"MUST B WITCHES"

It's just people trying to cope with their society in upheaval.
>>
>>18917053
and a nacho cheese to you my friend
>>
>>18917102
qué funny eres, cainal.
>>
>>18917062
>just people that dispense counsel
Suuuuure...

Neighbours son drop school to marry skank met through online gaming... desperate parents go to the witch... skank gone, kid studying.

Other neighbour's wife turning feminist lesbian derrailed by old classmate group of lesbians/gays... desperate husband go to the witch... 2 or 3 months later gays/lesbians either losing job changing city or turning chronically metally ill losing jobs beginning committed to asylum becoming a life-long burden to their relatives.

>just people that dispense counsel
Suuuuure...
>>
Dated a Peruvian girl. Witches were the scariest thing to her. Told her a folk tale which I saw on YouTube because she wouldn't watch the thing herself. Made her so afraid she wouldn't talk at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2Hq4AzOhds
>>
>>18916965

Why does every right-wing American believe in reptilians, or ayys. I just don't understand, and whenever I ask about it, (((they))) don't want to talk about it, for fear of being probed. What am I missing? I want to believe in Saturn but I have abosutely zero tangible evidence that fluorides me to do so.
>>
File: 1463835892198.png (111KB, 247x248px) Image search: [Google]
1463835892198.png
111KB, 247x248px
paranoid, uneducated, savages
>>
>>18917335
why are questions used to frame racist statements?

Seems like a nigger thing to do.
>>
In Mexico if you stick your head up it's very possible you will get chainsaw dismembered do you really think it's even slightly out of the ordinary for crazy old bitches to drug/poison your dumb ass? Mexico is fucking terrible. Build the wall.
>>
File: Kek.jpg (391KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Kek.jpg
391KB, 2000x1000px
>>18917396
>Mexico is fucking terrible. Build the wall.
We take it you be either Unitedstatean or Guatemalan, my narcissist friend.
>>
File: Mexico is terrible.jpg (104KB, 590x648px) Image search: [Google]
Mexico is terrible.jpg
104KB, 590x648px
>>18917465
Get your country under control Paco
>>
>>18917348
He says while posting on /x/
>>
File: US-Global-Travel-Warning.jpg (53KB, 620x444px) Image search: [Google]
US-Global-Travel-Warning.jpg
53KB, 620x444px
>>18917473
Dumb enough still not to notice propaganda by someone pulling his leg for the millionth time.

Oh, USA, we love you. Kek
>>
>>18917561
>Central Mexico and the Middle East are perfectly safe places. Come on down and see for yourself!
>>
>>18916965
Well, im from mexico and i have never seen one, so i dont belive in them, like having powers and magic, but the tradition of witchcaft in mexico is a very interesting one, is mainly native and european kinda mix, witches here in mexico at least, are shape shifters
my dad a very rational i dont see its bullshit kinda guy, saw one transform into an owl becouse he call her on her shit, story goes like this, my mom an pops have several properties in town, one was rented to this lady 30 something in age, kinda hot but unrelevant to the story, she says she want to start a "hierberia" natural shop with home remedies and some witchie things, not so unusual in mexico, dad thinks is a scam for dumb people, but she pays in advance six months and they make a formal contract, two years min and shit, and well she starts her hierberia and it goea great, then she adds statues for la santa muerte, small ones and big ones, form black to gold etc, and dad is like, who gives a fuck, and well, she keeps telling my dad that she can do magic, and the like, normaly whats known as amarres, love spells, but my dad is not buying it, and maybe shes just trying to seduce him, so he tells her to show him something he can see, so mshe transforms into a fucking owl, my dad doesnt like to go into detail so i dont know what she said or how she did it, cant ask her couse shes dead, she was dateing a narco and was killed when he was killed, thats life i guess.
>>
>>18917653
Cont.
And well, people normaly fears witches because they supously can transform into many animals, theres the story that they can transform into something like a turky, a blood suckin turky that prays on pregnants and babys, thats what they will tell you in ranchos and the like, they can appear as balls of light, owls mainly, vampire turky, some are more like navajo skinwalkers, you know many indian tribes have similar things, the nahual is more similar, and there are many, some brujos can transform into coyotes, jaguares, cocodriles and the like depending on some mayan bullshit

So its mainly superstition and folklore, i like the similarities with the navajo skinwalkes that some legends and stories have, mainly the dont thalk about them or they will fuck you up
>>
>>18917659
>>18917653
Damn she shoulda changed into one of those vampire turkeys when they were chain saw dismembering her bf
>>
>>18917730
It was more like a filled the truck with 1000 bullets kinda deal, but yeah, one would think an owl could have scaped more easly, and then vampire turkey the hitmen or something
>>
>>18917053
pero los narcos practican brujeria y rituales, ¿no?
>english antiban
>>
>>18917758
Only goes to show that power doesn't always necessarily bring wisdom.
>>
>bruja

I only recognize this from reading The Teachings of Don Juan.
>>
I've visited Oaxaca and let me tell you, there are some creepy Mexican villages out there that have witches that can shapeshift into owls and cats.

People who don't believe or say that witches aren't real just don't know anything about them. They are very real. Their curses have ruined many families I know of.
>>
>>18916965

Same reason the people in soviet bloc countries do. They're years behind civilized nations and are still catching up.
>>
File: Everyone is Game.jpg (666KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
Everyone is Game.jpg
666KB, 666x666px
>>18917568
>safe places
Look at this, an anon that still believes in human safety on this earth.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.