[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /x/ what do you think of the universe? I often like to think

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 1

File: zenyatta-screenshot-001.jpg (31KB, 350x192px) Image search: [Google]
zenyatta-screenshot-001.jpg
31KB, 350x192px
Hey /x/ what do you think of the universe? I often like to think the universe is the mother of Creation and is alive and aware but after it creates it has no control over it and so it just keeps creating letting the power of time do it's thing
>>
>>18914398
Then we should see that emergence happen randomly. since there is an order that then means there is a sentience or lawmaker.
>>
Long time ago I did a ritual thing and invited an entity into my body, it told me that the entirety of the universe and everything in it is one giant super organism. Every atom, collection there of, every bit of energy and wave, every particle was a piece of this singular entity.
>>
>>18914424
We do see it. New species of animals are discovered all the time
>>
Maybe alive, but not aware. Unless you wanna go all Alan watts and say that we are the aperture through which the universe observes itself. But the rest is dead on.
>>
>>18914398
>what do you think of the universe
I think it's a name we have for the dimensions of space and time and the things that are contained therein.

Saying "the universe is alive and aware" is meaningless. Not wrong, meaningless. It indicates no actual concept or state. It's a jumble of words thrown together.

Perhaps you meant to go for the far more poetic "we are the universe experiencing itself"
>>
Sorry but God created the universe 6,000 years ago, and it only took him six days to do it, he was tired on the seventh day and he rested, and it was good, that is why we have the Sabbath day where working is sin.
Anyone who is not Christian is going to burn in hell for eternity and that is a solid fact, God gave his only son to die for your sins. Amen.
>>
>>18915219
>Thread.

Throws mic on the ground.
>>
>>18915113
a new species is simply a different name people give to an abberation of an existing animal
not a new creature that popped up out of nowhere

it came about because evolution not creation
>>
>>18914764
>A ritual thing
Such as...?
>>
>>18914398
time is not a power
its the name we give to the limited, sequential way humans perceive reality
>>
>>18914398
either we are a simulation meant to experience every aspect and possible outcome of life to feed into some computer or we were created by a k5 civilization from another universe for fun.
>>
>>18914424
>since there is an order that then means there is a sentience or lawmaker.
This does not follow.

That the laws of the universe appear to be consistent in no way implies a being of consciousness or special agency designing those rules.
>>
>>18915310
In order for laws or an order to arise, there must be a higher governing order from which the laws/order comes from.
>>
>>18915281
Codex succubi, it's what was being passed around at the time, 2013-ish
>>
>>18914398
Paper 1. The Universal Father

1:0.1.THE Universal Father is the God of all creation, the First Source and Center of all things and beings. First think of God as a creator, then as a controller, and lastly as an infinite upholder. The truth about the Universal Father had begun to dawn upon mankind when the prophet said: "You, God, are alone; there is none beside you. You have created the heaven and the heaven of heavens, with all their hosts; you preserve and control them. By the Sons of God were the universes made. The Creator covers himself with light as with a garment and stretches out the heavens as a curtain." Only the concept of the Universal Father—one God in the place of many gods—enabled mortal man to comprehend the Father as divine creator and infinite controller.
1:0.2.The myriads of planetary systems were all made to be eventually inhabited by many different types of intelligent creatures, beings who could know God, receive the divine affection, and love him in return. The universe of universes is the work of God and the dwelling place of his diverse creatures. "God created the heavens and formed the earth; he established the universe and created this world not in vain; he formed it to be inhabited."
>>
>>18915843
What the holy hell is that/can you link me to it or give quick rundown please? Hoping it isn't what it sounds like.
>>
>>18915823
That is simply not true. Please provide the formal logic that supports your assertion.
>>
>>18916005
I suppose you think everything comes from nothing?

There must be a preceding order, a higher order of which form may follow otherwise there would be no order in the first place.

What the fuck is holding the laws in place? The laws don't have to be there, there's something else behind the scenes that keeps everything functioning and in order. Complex systems cannot arise randomly from nothing. There must be some initiating template.
>>
>>18916033
Not that anon, but according to Nietzsche they do not rise from a higher order but rather a "lower" one
>>
>>18916039
A lower order cannot rise higher than that which formed it.
>>
>>18916048
It's why they call it ascension
>>
>>18916033
>There must be some initiating template.

What initiated the initiating template? So on and so on...
>>
>>18916334
0:6.10.PATTERN can be projected as material, spiritual, or mindal, or any combination of these energies. It can pervade personalities, identities, entities, or nonliving matter. But pattern is pattern and remains pattern; only copies are multiplied.
0:6.11.Pattern may configure energy, but it does not control it. Gravity is the sole control of energy-matter. Neither space nor pattern are gravity responsive, but there is no relationship between space and pattern; space is neither pattern nor potential pattern. Pattern is a configuration of reality which has already paid all gravity debt; the reality of any pattern consists of its energies, its mind, spirit, or material components.
0:6.12.In contrast to the aspect of the total, pattern discloses the individual aspect of energy and of personality. Personality or identity forms are patterns resultant from energy (physical, spiritual, or mindal) but are not inherent therein. That quality of energy or of personality by virtue of which pattern is caused to appear may be attributed to God—Deity—to Paradise force endowment, to the coexistence of personality and power.
0:6.13.Pattern is a master design from which copies are made. Eternal Paradise is the absolute of patterns; the Eternal Son is the pattern personality; the Universal Father is the direct ancestor-source of both. But Paradise does not bestow pattern, and the Son cannot bestow personality.
>>
>>18916033
>What the fuck is holding the laws in place?
Why should they need to be held in place by some arbitrarily "higher" concept?

I simply don't understand your position.
>>
>>18914398
Is that a boss from MGS3?
>>
>>18916323
>it's why they call it ascension
>being stuck at the level of whatever created you
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>18916785
Ascending is moving g to a higher form of being. You attain a higher form than human, finish your Bestowal, when you die your soul is carried to the next level.

Human is probably the most ascended form of life on earth. From here we go to heaven, or are destroyed, or maybe we get another chance
>>
>>18914398
I think what is created is possibility and agency ie space and consciousness. The universe has to be sheltered from cosmic power, like a placenta protects the fetus from the mothers immune system/outside world in general.
>>
>>18915310
>That the laws of the universe appear to be consistent in no way implies a being of consciousness or special agency designing those rules.
True, but for mankind to come up with mathematical equations and other mental concepts that match up so exactly with physical phenomenon implies that the universe may be built more of concepts and rules than chunks of stuff. That subatomic thingies seem to behave differently depending on how they are observed implies that consciousness could have a direct effect on the universe.
>>
>>18915981
It's very poorly written and extra cringy but it was really the only thing at the time

I don't have a link but there's a Google doc
>>
>>18916974
Only thing for what? Summoning succubi?
>>
>>18916984
Yeah, threads were abundant back then and a lot of talk of weird things happening to anons while they meditated and stuff but no one had a concrete method.

Figured, fuck it, I've never had a paranormal experience so I'll do it and see what happens.
>>
>>18916971
>True, but for mankind to come up with mathematical equations and other mental concepts that match up so exactly with physical phenomenon implies that the universe may be built more of concepts and rules than chunks of stuff
"chunks and stuff?"

Again: the idea that the universe has consistent behavior at most scales doesn't say anything about a creator.
>>
>>18915823
Its only logical to presume that what we call logic only is, since it arises from within the same universe, or system.

like a dam breaking and having all the water spill out, chaos would ensue, but entropy ensures that everything must fall into place and so the ebb and flow of the water appears to be following set rules, but these rules might be totally whimsical if searched for in a different universe.

What I mean is the big bang bangs and then the pieces will fall into place and it's only through retrospecting on these movements that provides the illusion of governing dynamics

I have no idea what im talking about and it probably shows, glad this is an anonymous board.
>>
>>18914398
We live
We Die
We live again

The Immortals as they call themselves won't let it rest until everything is over. Then they'll have done everything plus 1. And will continue plus 2
>>
>>18919840
It's just them overreaching their rights over the world, we peasants have always knew this.
>>
>>18914398
the fuck does zenyatta have to do with this

get a better picture op
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.