[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Our universe is a simulation. If there wasn't any simulation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 1492234483859.jpg (122KB, 559x836px) Image search: [Google]
1492234483859.jpg
122KB, 559x836px
Our universe is a simulation.
If there wasn't any simulation you wouldn't even exist.

Any realm in which you exist requires applications of the principles of that realm.
The application of those principles can be considered akin to a per-frame update of a video game.
The most obvious principle of the universe is physics. There are a few other principles that work "behind the scenes," similar to how the logic of animation updates occur such as the way NPCs example move around.
When Elon Musk spoke about it he referred to "base reality." Yes, we are living in base reality. Harven, the afterlife, etc... are different realms, each with their own principles that have to be applied.
The application of these principles pretty much match our understanding of them. We describe the paths of particles via the mathematical principles defined in physics, "updating" or advancing the state of the universe involves applying these principles to every particle in the universe.
Consider how much of a computational challenge it is to update the forces on a single atom on the surface of earth. The atom has to consider the gravitational pull caused by all other atoms on earth.
Time in this universe can be paused and the universe can be duplicated or deleted. Consider the case of an emulation where you pause the emulation, any amount of time can occur outside of the universe and it could take any amount of time to update the universe because your perception of the flow of time is dependent purely on the principles of the universe. Our universe could be paused for any indefinite amount of time and you wouldn't perceive it at all.
>>
>>18912051
hmm
>>
>>18912051
>I've never heard of relativity
cool story, bro
>>
>>18912126
Elaborate on your perspective.
>>
>>
>>18912051
The universe could be the origin of itself. As long as it can create an origin for itself, it can exist stably.
>>
test
>>
File: we wuz yakub n shit.png (1MB, 924x1196px) Image search: [Google]
we wuz yakub n shit.png
1MB, 924x1196px
>>18912051
Those pictures always make me laugh
>>
>>18912317
>The universe could be the origin of itself
Not really unless you consider God to be the universe.

The universe has been completely designed.

>In the beginning God created the Pen, He said to the Pen, "write," and the Pen answered "What shall I write?" and He said, "Write what happens till the end"
>>
>>18912145
Time is dependent on reference frame and spatial position, there is no absolute point of reference for where particle X is at time T because the idea of a time T for the entire universe does not match our understanding of physics.
>>
>>18912051
the problem is that the principles of physics are simply the labels we have put on our observations
which means they could be wrong

physics doesn't cause reality the way programming causes is effects, it simply describes our limited way of understanding it

true reality could function in a way that far exceeds anything we can even comprehend as "parameters". we just have no way of describing it

so calling reality a simulation is simply limiting the functions of reality into a box we can pretend to have figured out
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.