[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a name for the kind of deeply unsettling panicky feeling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: EnokitakeJapaneseMushroom.jpg (64KB, 780x543px) Image search: [Google]
EnokitakeJapaneseMushroom.jpg
64KB, 780x543px
Is there a name for the kind of deeply unsettling panicky feeling that these mushrooms instil in me?

Like I see these at the store and think, "Those mushrooms aren't supposed to be here. I know those mushrooms. They're not supposed to be here."

It's hard to describe. Is this the kind of thing you guys can help me with? I just want to know if there's a name for it, something I can google.
>>
>>18910490
Fungal displacement syndrome
>>
>>18910490
Like magic mushrooms? Wtf ya talking about
>>
>>18910513
No they're just regular food mushrooms. I dont have this reaction to eating them. I would probably never be able to bring myself to eating one because I have this reaction to just seeing them.

It feels like a sort of danger response from deep in the lizard part of the brain. Like fight or flight.
>>
>>18910490
its because mushrooms are not from earth. the came from outerspace. the spores can survive in space they came from some other planet and they scare you.
>>
>>18910490
Maybe abjection
>>
>>18910623
That's dumb except for the fact that "alien" is actually a really good word to describe how they feel to me. That sense that they don't belong somehow. That they're out of place.
>>
>>18910490
>Is there a name for the kind of deeply unsettling panicky feeling that these mushrooms instil in me?

bedwetting
>>
File: 2017-04-19_03.21.08.jpg (235KB, 672x531px) Image search: [Google]
2017-04-19_03.21.08.jpg
235KB, 672x531px
>>18910490
>>
>>18910490
Mycophobia?
>>
Its called being triggered.
>>
Cordyceps are fucking terrifying and you should be afraid of them OP. Fuck anything that controls your brain.
>>
>>18910510
kek
>>
>>18910490
>Hey, those mushrooms are not supposed to be here
>Better eat them

Or do you eat them, I don't understand
>>
>>18910515
just your brain telling you that you're special in some way so you can tell people on the internet that you're a weird paranormal fungus man (like the Naruto headband wearing weaboo who told everyone he was schizo at your high school). look past it.
>>
>>18910490
>panicking over mushrooms
>fucking 1st world problems, man
>you must be a privileged white nigger
>>
>>18910876
By that logic, f-k me.
>>
>>18910510

This

Sadly, OP you have 3 hours left
>>
>>18910945
>>18910945
>>18910945
This, just like the tryptophobia fad.
>>
Those mushrooms are delicious in miso soup, op, dont hate.
>>
>>18910490
Maybe it's some kind of uncanny valley thing, although I don't exactly understand why it would be triggered by mushrooms.
>>
>>18910490
They're enoki mushrooms and they're fuckin tasty bro
>>
>>18910490
probs some sort of apriory knowledge
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.