[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so, i noticed a very specific point in the narrative of the garden

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1477704877534.jpg (47KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
1477704877534.jpg
47KB, 680x680px
so, i noticed a very specific point in the narrative of the garden of Eden today, as i was reading up on islamic interpretations of angels and Satan on Britannica; which i later verified for myself [although, if you yourself have something to say to the contrary, come forth and do so]

>first[to the point im making] god makes man [Adam] from dust, breathing "air into his nostrils" to do so
>then, he sets out a point TO ADAM not to eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil, but can till the land and live on the fruits of all other trees in the garden
>LATER, god puts adam to sleep, takes a rib of his, and from this rib creates Eve, but neither God the Lord nor Adam first of men in gods creation take it upon themself to allow eve to know that the fruit is forbidden
>satan, the snake, the devil, the root of all evil, "tricks" eve into eating from this tree, that she has no knowledge of being forbidden.
>then, she has adam eat its fruit as well, with no trickery, with adam knowing full well what it is when he eats it.

this provides a certain point of conversation not normally brought up in christian discussion [i wonder why?]

>the first point to be made, in the fact of the events described, is that eve is still innocent: she was never instructed not to eat of that trees fruit, only her husband was given this demand to stay away, which he failed to follow when he saw eve feasting upon it.
>original sin, is therefor, not entirely the fault of the woman, as normal christian doctrine dictates
>nor, either, is it the fault of both man and woman, as in islamic doctrine
>it is the fault of the man entirely: he was told not to eat it, she was not; nor was she told [if the story in scripture is to be believed to be a recording of all important information which could possibly relate to discussion, as a holy text should] that her husband, adam, was not allowed to eat of this fruit.

reptilianking for luciferian pope?
>>
now, to propose a dogmatic christian argument which may be brought up, and strike it down to only allow actually possible avenues of thought

>eve was created from adams rib, therefor she is of his flesh and is to follow the same rule[singular] set down by god for adam
and to a similar point:
>as a married couple, they are the same flesh, the same being, and are subject to the same law of god as eachother.

this is a fact of the physical, material existance, which god is above, and knows everything about; which isnt to say that those points are valid.
but those points arent valid, in that if either of those proclamations were desired to be by god, he merely would have told eve as he told adam to stay away from those fruits,
and also, married couples being flesh is only stated by ADAM, in reference to his affection for eve, not by god
and as much as well, adam could have told eve, if he thought as much, not to eat the fruit as well, and eve probably would have stayed away, even if not commanded by god, just to please her husband adam, knowing he could not partake of the fruit.

and yet, eve stays oblivious to a rule that does not need to, nor is it implied to, be in effect for her, and so does something she is allowed to do, not knowing it is banned from her husband, and so offers it to him as well, who partakes as well, yet against the directions of the lord.

so the true moral of the garden of eden story is not "women are evil and worship the devil"
its "the devil will tell people to do what they can, dont do the same thing if you arent supposed to" i guess??
or, more likely, the story was always meant to mean "don't listen to women, you'll always get into trouble."
>>
Someone has already thought of this, OP:

https://christianity.stackexchange.com/questions/48931/who-told-eve-about-the-fruit
>>
here, in the very first story of the bible narrative, we have an example of an action of this "divine, ultimate creator" where we must question his motives in sending BOTH adam and eve from the garden, when only ONE of them was actually forbidden from conducting the action which they both conducted.
>unless he just kicked them out for not staying naked, which in that case we dont need to question anything anymore.
>>
>>18910428
none of the answers there really argue to the point of eve following a rule recited to her by a man, when the rule was given specifically to that man before she was created.
i mean, can an all-present all-powerful god not even be asked to at least tell his rules to everyone individually?
>>
>>18910455
religion would work a lot better if we all heard a voice like a week after our birthdays, each time telling us the same rules that we must always follow, and we all heard the same rules.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.