[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone know of or ever come across creepy occurrences in a video

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 317
Thread images: 63

File: IMG_4009.jpg (57KB, 420x320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4009.jpg
57KB, 420x320px
Anyone know of or ever come across creepy occurrences in a video game? most likely something the programmers coded into the game to fuck with people. A strange hidden room with bizarre symbols, cryptic messages that turn out to be unrelated to the actual game, out of place gore, etc?
>>
File: cali_speed.png (356KB, 591x437px)
cali_speed.png
356KB, 591x437px
>>
That Kanye Quest RPG game contained a hidden message with directions for initiation into some sorta cult.
>>
>>18900023
Maybe it's just a RP to mess up with people who takes that shit really serious or spread the word making people search for more information about that kind of stuff. I always liked this.
>>
File: IMG_3348.gif (290KB, 500x278px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3348.gif
290KB, 500x278px
>>18900023
There was someone who posted here or on one of the boards here. Swore every aspect of the game(Halo, one of the newer boots)was hinting at him directly. That his name, initials, and image were woven into the background of the graphics, and sound. Turned out he was just becoming schizophrenic. Hope he told someone.
>>
>>18900023
Pokemon X and Y have a ghost girl easter egg in them. I thought it was a bugged npc and it kinda made me shit myself even if it's really tame
>>
>>18900053
I did have the two main protagonists in FarCry 4 end up in a house, that wasn't marked. They wouldn't speak to me. Only walked around. Definitely weird. I kept choosing to not help with drugs, and at one point, the missions stopped coming from either the Male or the Female. Then I found them in the house, couldn't make heads or tales of it. The dude would only stare out the window, and the female just walked up and down the stairs. No dialog. Figured I broke the game. Felt haunted though.
>>
>>18900064
My house is all upgraded. Have the pigs and the tree decorated. All the plants. But I can't seem to locate, those two. When I do it gets weird like this. I saved a clip of it somewhere.
>>
File: Clankers_Cavern3.png (281KB, 629x480px) Image search: [Google]
Clankers_Cavern3.png
281KB, 629x480px
>>18900061
Oh also not really a secret but deffo out of place gore

Clankers insides fucked me up so hard as a kid. I have no clue how they got this past Nintendo. Maybe they didn't playtest it further than the second world
>>
>>18900068
Banjo Kazooie is a Rare game, isn't it?
>>
File: IMG_3414.jpg (22KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3414.jpg
22KB, 240x320px
>>18900023
There was a splatterhouse machine in the arcade, downtown A squared when I was a kid. That machine, was haunted or possessed.
>>
>>18900092
no it's pretty common
>>
>>18900092
Yeah. So you think they let it slide due to Rare's popularity and ability to shot out good games ? (Or was that a pun, saying it's a rare game)
>>
File: IMG_3393.gif (219KB, 321x322px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3393.gif
219KB, 321x322px
>>18900120
Rare is the company that makes it Anon.
>>
>>18900120
Kek'd
>>
File: 1480114291329.jpg (113KB, 1138x640px) Image search: [Google]
1480114291329.jpg
113KB, 1138x640px
>>18900023

It's very well known now, but before WoW-info was all over the place, the WKM room in Orgrimmar was a small easteregg from the devs only the elite could enter.

It's silly looking back at it, but it was really cool at the time.

It's got nothing to do with the game's universe or story at all, and is just there as a little wink from the devs.
>>
>>18900023
https://youtu.be/6e6RK8o1fcs
"Petscop" absolutely fucking creepy. References throughout the game talk about a girl who died in a "rebirth" therapy session that actually did occur.
>>
>>18900023
My uncle had a cyber and when I was a kid I used to play a lot.
Most of the PCs had GTA Vice City installed so I played the game most of the time.
And in some house I somehow traspased a door and get to a place full of blood, then I got scared and leave.

Later I found out about an Easter Egg of the game about an apartament from a movie, so I guess that someone just mod the game and replaced it for what I saw
>>
File: FB_IMG_1486461280407.jpg (201KB, 1598x1690px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1486461280407.jpg
201KB, 1598x1690px
>>18900120
>>
Back in 2011 I started playing Minecraft because of all the Herobrine things on /x/. The thought of it actually scared the shit out of my 16 year old self for a while until I realized it was a meme.

And then there was the BEN DROWNED ARG on /x/ that genuinely spooked me while it was going on.
>>
File: 987.jpg (3KB, 256x182px)
987.jpg
3KB, 256x182px
For being a company that mainly markets towards kids, Nintendo has always creeped me out. There's one section of Super Mario Galaxy where you can see dark figures with yellow eyes staring at you from the top of a ridge. And the original Pokémon games gave me an eerie vibe for whatever reason.
>>
>>18900607
There's also the Fallout 3 Numbers Stations that I discovered while UVB-76 was a big topic on /x/. My buddy and I stayed up all night playing through Fallout 3 and listening to UVB-76 in his parents basement trying to find the Fallout 3 Numbers Station ourselves. Good times, really creepy shit.
>>
I actually had a paranormal experience in a video game to this day I still can't believe really happened. It's a little long so I'll green text it

>playing L4D (on console)
>no that's not the scary part
>playing with irl friend doing campaign on hard. Subway level
>at the part where we just killed a tank and going through some abandoned area
>in the dialogue box and in game voice, Francis said my irl name. The same way when you look at a character and command something
>"anon!"
>didn't think much of it but then asked my friend if he noticed it
>he tells me to stop playing around and we eventually forget about it

To this day, I know what I say. Francis's voice and character looked at me and said my real life name. It has been one of the most bizarre occurrences I've ever experienced. No drugs involved
>>
>>18900617
What pokémon?the first?
>>
File: pokemon_red_blue_main_169.jpg (211KB, 588x331px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon_red_blue_main_169.jpg
211KB, 588x331px
>>18900742
Yeah red & blue. And I know the Lavender town meme has been beaten to death, but you can't deny that it's kinda spooky, especially when you listen to the theme they originally wanted to use. https://youtu.be/3qFxAIC1F4Q
And I think it's the only pokemon game that actually addresses pokemon dying.
>>
>>18900755
I think i'm going to play it on an emulator,I played pokemon when i was a child but i was too young to understand something and I can't find my gameboy anyway
>>
>>18900129
That's the joke, kid.
>>
>>18900650
what is your name? bill, louis, zoey?
>>
>>18900755
I had no concept of death before I got to lavender town in pokemon blue in the 90s.
Was a pretty unsettling way to learn that things don't exist forever.

I also lost hundreds of hours of gameplay by dropping the thing and having the batteries fall out, or the batteries simply dying when I couldn't save.

The GBA was revolutionary. Absolute fucking gold. I've been glued to it for 15 years.
Emulation was just the next step on the road to heaven with savestates and fast forward, which are mandatory features for dealing with the slow, crawling pace of these games that we never noticed as kids.
>>
Right now there's the shuffler happening in watch dogs 2. It's probably just a creepy side quest but it's kinda cool.
>>
>>18900825
marco
>>
File: yumo nikki.png (239KB, 965x398px) Image search: [Google]
yumo nikki.png
239KB, 965x398px
this entire game creeped me the fug out
>>
File: zelda34.jpg (102KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
zelda34.jpg
102KB, 1600x900px
>>
>>18900850
i feel that way about my 3DS. with the wealth of games (for free, if you hack it) from past systems like the GBC, GBA, NES, SNES, etc.. i will be playing it for many years to come.

not to mention that they made a bretty good remake of 3rd-gen pokemon—which is, ofc, best-gen.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
The Fallout 1 bad ending disturbed me when I was younger. It still does a little.

https://youtu.be/PfyqlMBeQFU
>>
>>18900755
>And I think it's the only pokemon game that actually addresses pokemon dying
Every main pokemon game has a graveyard-type area.
>>
File: carlos.jpg (458KB, 972x873px) Image search: [Google]
carlos.jpg
458KB, 972x873px
>>18900120
>>
Might be just coincidence, but I have a game that seems to be unlucky. Jeanne d'Arc for psp.

I ordered it from the internet and have never made it too far into it. Every time I start trying to play through it, I have a lot of bad luck.
>>
>>18900023
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hi6WyRP6Cog
>>
>>18900595
I imagine it was the apartment with the bloody bathroom and chainsaw. It was an homage to the movie Scarface, in which a character gets killed by a chainsaw in an apartment bathroom.

Unrelated - back in vanilla WoW, I noticed a tiny spit of land on the far side of the mountains to the east of the Arathi Highlands. This was before flying mounts and when the map wasn't quite so detailed, so I swam east down the river at the south end of the zone until I hit the ocean, then north along the coast. Took like a half hour, since the character was so slow.

When I hit the little peninsula, I found a small farm with two unnamed dwarf NPCs that I couldn't interact with. One would wander around the yard of the house, the other was always asleep in the bed. It wasn't exactly creepy, but it had a sort of surreal feel to it - just two NPCs stuck on a tiny, inaccessible little patch of land, doing nothing but staring at the endless ocean.

I jumped off the dock and went underwater, and there was no ground whatsoever. It looked like a continental shelf or something, just a vertical wall of rock descending into the depths.

I sorta miss those days of WoW - everything seemed like such a mystery.
>>
>>18902398
My nigga. Vanilla wow was spooky as shit
>>
File: 1461293857493.jpg (28KB, 599x578px) Image search: [Google]
1461293857493.jpg
28KB, 599x578px
>>18902002
>brag about breaking the law
>get arrested

To what end?
>>
>>18901717
that's pretty fucked up
>>
>>18902425
Yes. Quite unsettling.
>>
>>18902430
What's unsettling is that I'm such a fucking casual I can barely make it five squares after leaving the Vault before I get jobbed and have to start over.
>>
If you're looking for canon creepy, SMT is probably the best for that. Nocturne was hella creepy when I was like 15. Also the Zelda games.were pretty spooky. My most scary moment was when my n64 glitched out while playing danky kang and retard kong lost his shit and his arms became fucking tentacles. Haunts me to this day.
>>
>>18900068
They obviously play tested it to at least mad monster mansion. What with those "fuck you" pots... You were a sensitive little bitch as a kid
>>
>>18900617
Ah the beyond hell valley sky trees... A classic
>>
>>18902430
Haven't played F1, what in particular triggers this ending?
>>
>>18902455
>leave home vault to get water chip so you can keep producing clean water
>make your way to LA
>mutant thing called the Master is creating super mutants in a vault under the destroyed city
>can choose to side with him and become a mutant yourself
>return to home vault and kill everyone there
>>
>>18902433
You're not the only one. The first time I saw a Deathclaw, I died more than 6 times.

>>18902455
If you side with the super mutants and reveal the location of your vault, it triggers the bad ending. You can actually see yourself in mutant form, since you are the mutant that runs by the dead mutant charging the Overseer.
>>
>>18900116
elaborate...
>>
>>18902504
I got to the stage where you had to kill the guy by doing the thing and a ghost popped out of the screen.
>>
>>18901188
You're fucking retarded.
Every once in a while Francis says "Marco" like someone else will say "polo", he says it sarcastically in dark areas or areas with water, but the dialogue line triggers all the time when it shouldn't so sometimes he just says it when the water or dark area renders in the distance
>>
>>18900023
iv thought of making a reasonable rom hack and then "trading in" pokemon cartrages that have reasonable creepy pasta in them just to scare children
>>
>>18900068
The simple fact that this levzl is 70% uderwater fucked mz up way more than his inside. In fact i dont think i took more than one puzzle piece in this level during my first playthrough
>>
The NES godzilla creepy pasta is kinda cool. There is also a really cool story about modded morrowind. Not sure of the name of it, but supposedly players running this mod would always catch glimpses of some unknown npc and as the game progresses the occurrences get weirder and weirder.
>>
>>18902872
True that. The fucking key turning part was horrible for me when I was little. I replay BK now and then and it's really easy but at that time, struggling to turn a key at the bottom of a lake with the fear of drowning there was impossible for me

>>18902449
I wasn't desensitized yet by this point so yeah I was a scared little girl. the pots not being changed could just be because nintendo no speaku engurish
>>
>>18902538
Was it a hyper-realistic spoopy ghost
>>
While playing GTA 4 with a friend I was just beginning my turn. I found the perfect alley way to bottle neck cops for the slaughter. Well I had only killed a few people when out of no where a guy that looked like Neo from the Matrix, I mean trench coat, sunglasses, short black hair. He had the whole outfit, popped around the corner with a handgun. I popped him in the head and I instantly went from two stars to five. Nothing to freaky but I never had it happen again.
>>
I agree with the other fags: vanilla Wow was great for spooky secrets. Look up the Karazhan Crypts, an unfinished portion of a dungeon filled with drowned corpses and a mount of bodies. People glitches their way into it and speculated on why it was there and what it's purpose was

Nowadays WoW is like the bad sat-am cartoon of MMOs
>>
Honestly surprised no one on /x/ has mentioned this set of games by unknown developer. People are trying to decode what the fuck they even mean. It's really interesting.

https://unknown-developer.itch.io/
>>
>>18900053
The monkey men in whatever halo game they're in are creepy though so i get creepy vibes from the early games myself just because of those.

I've never run into any creepy easter eggs that weren't well known though myself but I get scared by companion characters easily in stealth games if that counts (Like fallout 4. Fucking nick valentine just always walks ahead of me slightly when i'm looking for items, and when i look back i end up shooting him because I think he's a crouching ghoul about to pounce on me or something.
>>
I recently bought Elder Scrolls Online but from a weird website where pretty much everything is around $1. When I started it up there wasn't any menu screen or character creator or whatever, it just started. I couldn't even check what I looked like. There was around 2-3 players online when I check which is weird because all my other friends who played the game said there was "hundreds and hundreds". I do think this is just a broken game but what creeped me out the most was the only audio that could be heard was the character breathing and whispering. Come to think of it I'm not too sure if that's normal. Either way if I try to open it up now it crashes my PC.
>>
>>18902398
>>18902402
>>18902915
Back in vanilla before Naxxramass was even hinted at to be the next MAJ there was this chick in SW followed by a pack of child who would get into a house in goldshire right outside SW and the kids would sit up in a pentagram form.
When you got up in the house where the kids were the music would get all creepy.
You couldn't talk to any of them but I think they had a strange dialogue in SW and someties said strange things in the house, I don't quite remember desu
People then speculated it had to do with the scourge invasion that later went on with the realease of naxramass but I don't think they ever did anything during the event.
Last i remember Blizzard left them into the game.

> I replay BK now and then and it's really easy but at that time, struggling to turn a key at the bottom of a lake with the fear of drowning there was impossible for me
This.
I finished it at 100% recently easily but when i was a kid that shit was impossible. Coincidentaly every water heavy level fucked me up.
Level 2 with the spooky shark and the spooky music when you were in the water (I still finished it cuz the whole stage was rather comfy) but the one jiggzaw that were in the water at the beginning of the stage gave me cold sweat.
And the level before the 4 seasons one's was hard as fuck and had toxic water. I didn't pass much time there either
>>
>>18901188
Thats fancis making a joke about hiding zombies to cut the tension, the gag is the zombies should answer polo as per the popular pool game.

Hehe youre safe anon.
>>
Yes, the Godzilla creepypasta is real. I'm not kidding. Hidden in the NES Godzilla is a hidden psychological test(it even asks if you've wanted to kill someone) [!] and eventually Hell and the devil are shown.

It's odd how everyone thinks it's a ROM hack or the work or a real talent when in fact all the cartridges contain the secret.
>>
>>18902996
You paid a dollar to dial into someones private server.
>>
>>18903046
>the obviously fake creepypasta about a Godzilla game taunting you about your dead gf and taking your soul is super real guys

Uh-huh..
>>
Some extremely popular video games from the 1980s can drive children and even adults insane through subtle sounds, however they are limited to actual cartridges, so far as I can tell.

Beware when playing video games.

I discovered something horribly wrong with a hot title back in 1988, it's like the game was subliminally adding psychosexual suggestions during gameplay. Wouldn't you know it, the feeling/suggestion immediately stopped when the machine was turned off.
>>
>>18903055
No, that shit is fake, but the weird and sick sprites-they're real. The guy who made a hack IS a hack. He knows the real story and to make money and cynically cover it up, they added a thick layer of bullshit, like with most things in life.

Guys, I'll just prove it on youtube someday, all right? Or you can put the code in yourself and find out.

Hint: You must press up 22 times fast on controller 2 BEFORE the title screen fully appears.

:D It's frustrating and satisfying that you doubt it.
>>
WoW memorialized a few people in the game who have passed away but the weirdest thing is that they're usually a little hidden so even you do find something odd or spooky it's a memorial to them.

Someone already covered the secret room in Orgrimar and the dwarf in Arathi highlands but there's also a spirit healer in the barrens named Koiter, meaning you character has to die to see it(i think now however it's visible when your character is alive)

But the most jarring is the Tauren in Mulgore who was voiced by the make a wish kid who has since passed also. It's a nice gesture but when you're in a zone full of low voiced cows and you run across his NPC who says in a kid's voice "will you help me find my dog?" is really unsettling, especially without context
>>
>>18900023
My friend's uncle worked for Atari so I got to play Polybius once

I ended up getting aids
>>
>>18903225
From your friend's uncle?

It was the 80s man
>>
>>18900592
I'm pretty sure that's not a real game (at least, not an old one or anything, probably made by the dude who made the videos), probably some ARG that dude made.

Still though, one of the better video game creepypasta's I've seen
>>
Jeanette (Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines) once told me about making friends and loyalties before my enemies came.

I was creeped because I had never seen that line of dialogue, I haven't seen it ever again.
>>
>>18901640
Absolutely loved it. Spent hours playing it, reading all the various theories about the game, the characters and their relationship with each other... but ultimately we might never know what all of it means according to who created it
>>
>>18903057
What game?
>>
Yooka-Laylee ost is full of weird sounds

https://youtu.be/UOQCltgX3xM
>>
>>18903321
polybius ofc
>>
>>18901756
He's referencing the death of your rival's Raticate
>>
File: Gbprintercreepy.jpg (11KB, 250x227px)
Gbprintercreepy.jpg
11KB, 250x227px
>>
>>18903278
Great game, and I don't remember ever getting that dialog either. What clan were you?
>>
not really a video game, but when I was younger I left my original xbox on the dashboard when I was sat in bed at night and went and did something else for a bit, the freaky as fuck background noises really scared me
>>
>>18900755
It makes me uneasy that when I first heard this video I could hear the last very frequency, but now I can't hear it at all.
>>
>>18903575
There isn't actually anything in the dialogue that suggests that your rival's Raticate is dead. The rival also isn't as much of an asshole as people remember.

>Hey, RED! What brings you here? Your POKEMON don't look dead! I can at least make them faint! Let's go, pal!

>What? You stinker! I took it easy on you too!

>How's your POKEDEX coming, pal? I just caught a CUBONE! I can't find the grown-up MAROWAK yet! I doubt there are any left! Well, I better get going! I've got a lot to accomplish, pal! Smell ya later!
>>
The original Xbox idle noises are pretty unsettling
https://youtu.be/wIbI6I5adWQ
>>
>>18903666
As you get older you can't hear very high frequencies any more, it's normal
>>
>>18903672
The Raticate is dead dude
>>
>>18903781
Prove it.
>>
File: 6313660440_f380c72cf1_b.jpg (875KB, 1024x761px) Image search: [Google]
6313660440_f380c72cf1_b.jpg
875KB, 1024x761px
>>18903801
Here you go Gary.
Look at your fucking Raticate.
Not so smug now, fucker?
>>
>>18902446
Play DK64 and do some multiplayer. Play as Lanky. Slow walk towards your opponent so your arms wave above your head rythmically. My friend and I used to do that and spook the shit out of us.
>>
>>18903801
raticate isn't dead. during the battle with gary is raticate is a level 15 but any poke-fag knows that ratita evolves into raticate at level 16. so gary found his raticate in the wild
>>
>>18900067
Can you post it?
>>
>>18901662
this whole game is truly something special
and i'm not even a /v/-kid
it explores a lot of how different cultures cope with death
>>
>>18903994
Rattata is 15 when you fight him on the nugget bridge and a 16+ Raticate in subsequent battles.

But yeah it's not dead. He's depicted to be more competitive than you and it's likely he just replaced it since it wasn't pulling its weight(yes, despite him not having a full team then. GF is hesitant to give non final opponents full teams, even back then)
>>
>>18900023
>playing skyrim, coolin in my dope-ass mansion
>don't know about hearthfire glitch
>door to other room swings open
>mannequin takes two steps through the door, then looks at me and freezes
>stop playing game for months before I find out that's a normal issue

I also get paranoid in empty garrysmod maps, especially gm_bigcity and the underground areas in gm_construct, I feel like something's going to jump out at me and I don't know why. Hope it isn't schizophrenia.
>>
>>18900030
oh yeah, I remember /indie/ talking about this
>>
>>18902936
>https://unknown-developer.itch.io/
I'll look into them
>>
>>18902936
just some gay marketing for an indie game
>>
>>18904547

I had a similar issue starting out, what i did was get a fuckton of guns and I wasn't scared anymore :)
>>
>>18905513
one of these days you're gonna download a workshop mod for a powerful gun and the dev will have secretly added a spooky ghoul to the files with the express intent to spook you
>>
VERY CREEPY AND THAT UPSIDE DOWN FF12 BOX ART WITH SOME AYYLMAO FACE TOO
>>
>>18900030
>>18905403
Oh? I have nostalgic feels for this game, but never heard of this. Indulge me, pls.
>>
File: Quest64_big.jpg (46KB, 620x428px) Image search: [Google]
Quest64_big.jpg
46KB, 620x428px
>>18905691
Oh nevermind, disregard, I'm drunk and misread and thought you were talking about Quest 64.
>>
>>18900030

SAUCESAUCESAUCESAUCE
>>
>>18902002

That is the most >>>/r/eddit screencap I've ever seen. Just shows how much cancer /pol/ has recruited during the election.
You have to go back
>>
>>18903037

I rememver that house lol. Back in my vanilla days I ised to be nothing but an Explorer. Seriously. I never even hit lvl 60. I stayed at lvl 50 and explored azeroth. Stopped playing when BC came.
>>
>>18900023
Anybody remember the "ticket please" story with swirly guy?
>>
>>18905809
The house is still there with kids in it. I'm still interested to see where the lore goes but the game is very bland.

>>18905819
The theater?
>>
>>18903060
Shut the fuck up
>>
File: doom2.png (105KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
doom2.png
105KB, 640x480px
>>18900023
doom 2 had some really spooky nazi imagery. felt really out of place
>>
>>18900064
I had this also, in a little hut near a body of water if i remember correctly.
>>
>>18905959
That level was a tribute to the original Wolfenstein.
>>
>>18903462
top keks
>>
>>18900023
Something to me happened playing Yoshi's story for 64
>everytime you turn the game on yoshi' voice says nintendo
kinda cute with the tone of yoshi voice
but i turned it on one day when i was alone and heard a horrible demonic voice 'NINTENDO'!
creeped me out as a kid never played again that game
>>
File: splatoon.jpg (98KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
splatoon.jpg
98KB, 1280x720px
In Splatoon you can hear some disturbing sounds after beating the final boss, and the director wasn't even aware of that until he got asked about them in an interview. Weird.
>>
There were certain towns in runescape that hadn't been updated in years and always felt a little bit strange to me. The characters were all very old looking and players were seldom there, just kinda weird that this virtual place exists and got left behind and these little men keep walking around aimlessly forever.
>>
>>18906142
Post audio?
>>
>>18906169
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71PcaIOV0a8
>>
>>18903970
top kek
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71PcaIOV0a8

Here it is.

I can't quote you, AAA, for some reason it says "Connection error" and doesn't let me reply.
>>
Oh nvm I got ninja'd
>>
>>18906181
>>18906185
What a wonderful story this was, dank you.
>>
Anyways, yeah that's some creepy shit.
>>
FFXI Gusgen Mines was pretty spooky before they plopped field manuals in there.
>ghosts
>one way doors
>siren that always goes off at the same time every game day
>>
I didn't know that holding different buttons while the GameCube started up made it make different noises, until my TV started giggling like a child in the middle of the night when i was starting up Prime.
Nearly shat myself.
>>
File: IMG_1973.jpg (25KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1973.jpg
25KB, 640x480px
Falling off the edge in twisted metal 2 or swimming out too far in dk64 would make me shit
>>
File: RE.jpg (134KB, 960x872px) Image search: [Google]
RE.jpg
134KB, 960x872px
>>18906408
vid?
>>
>>18900595
Sos inimputable hermano
>>
>>18900061

Every Pokemon game has something scary added to it, some more fucked up and elaborate than the others. Haunted buildings, ghosts, pranks that got out of hand, etc. You should look up ghost stories of Pokemon.

One of the Pokemon Generations episodes is dedicated to one of Sinnoh's haunted houses. Great episode.
>>
>>18903060
I'll bite. Show me, anon.
>>
>>18900755

That's a hoax, this is the original Lavender Town track from Pokemon Green.

https://youtu.be/lvD5vFSwAlY

Anyways, there are more spooks in RGBY, like the hand.
>>
>>18902446
Never, ever happened. That does not happen.
>>
once in our local arcade games store , the street fighter alpha 2 machine was near the x- men machine , one day a super akuma appeared in the x-men game and he was undefeatable .. i don't know if it was a secret character in the x-men though ... this was in the late 90's
>>
>>18906499
stop lying
>>
>>18906142
Hey i remember this
>>
>>18905637
I started playing this game when I was a kid but never beat it . What made it creepy ?
>>
File: 108132118 .jpg (47KB, 600x344px) Image search: [Google]
108132118 .jpg
47KB, 600x344px
>>
iz thred ded?
>>
>>18903637
Holy shit I remember that. I totally forget about that.
>>
>>18900580
Talking about WOW wasnt there something about a children cult? I remember people going crazy about it
>>
>>18906680
>>18906690

can you stop being a faggot you tripfaggot >>>/r/edditor?
>>
>>18900026
oh shit
>>
File: sonic-cd-creepy-1280x720.png (16KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
sonic-cd-creepy-1280x720.png
16KB, 1280x720px
>>18900023
The classic Sonic CD secret sound test screen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idheGtky7os
>>
>home alone late at night
>playing pic related
>Raiden escapes from the torture room and is running around naked
>music gets really spooky
>Colonel calls
>Tells you to turn the console off
>keep playing
>colonel calls again
>"Raiden. Something happened to me last night when I was driving home. I had a couple of miles to go. I looked up and saw a glowing orange object in the sky. It was moving irregularly. Suddenly, there was intense light all around. And when I came to, I was home. What do you think happened to me?"

almost shit myself
>>
>>18906489
So I recently turned 20
And i DO hear very high pitched noises in the song
Can someone tell me what i supposedly shouldn't be able to hear?
>>
>>18906847

>not being able to distinguish a namefag from a tripfag

wow, good job embarassing yourself, newfaggot.

>>>/r/eddit
>>
>>18906920
Good old Kojima
>>
>>18906920
shat*
>>
>>18903054
ahahahaha
>>
Harvest moon friends of mineral town .
When you go outside the house at 444. the game freezes.
>>
>>18906156
thats how I felt about all the elvish places and their crystal castle that you couldnt even get into. It looked like they tried to program a heaven into the game but it was really remote and just trying to get to it might kill your character because of traps and things.
the Underground Pass quest was pretty ominous in general and the whole game was kind of lonely and eerie, especially in low-populated servers
>>
>>18901188
Heartiest kek I've had on this board since the "rare" joke a few posts up
>>
>>18900617
Well it IS super mario galaxy. Why not throw some AYY's in the background. They do look creepy though.
>>
File: surprise abortion.jpg (35KB, 270x480px) Image search: [Google]
surprise abortion.jpg
35KB, 270x480px
>>18900592
I shit that's also a Law and Order episode

spoopy
>>
>>18900030
Here is a video about this https://youtu.be/gua1dX4wbyM
>>
>>18903037
>Wait until last second to get the jinjo underwater because of that shark
>the jiggy spawns underwater
>no nO FUCK FUCK PLSASE GOD SATAN HAVE MERCY ON MY SOUL

I was not a clever child
>>
>>18907800

Thank you! That is fucking weird and cool
>>
>>18903635
Dude, that was in 2010, I can't remember.
>>
>>18900023
I remember being 11 or 12 maybe and having played Super Mario 64 for hours and hours past my bed time then going to bed. I would have intensely vivid dreams about playing the game and finding bizarre hidden areas and secrets. That game was really random and surreal if you stop and think about it. You drain a moat to access a hidden hole in the bottom. You go to that fountain in the rear of the castle and it's all normal but then all of a sudden you see a boo at the hall to the exit and it runs away when you follow it then you go out the back of the castle and there's just an infestation of boos. And one of them has a weird buttplug inside it that sucks you inside it. Liquid metal portals. Infinite stair cases.

With all that trippy weird shit it was sometimes hard to differentiate if something was a dream or real as a 12 year old.
>>
File: 1448317323558.png (54KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1448317323558.png
54KB, 300x300px
>>18900030
Holy shit, what the fuck. It's like the Cicada thing all over again.

What was /indie/'s opinion on that thing anyway?
>>
>>18906913
this is used as boss theme too depending of the version you have
>>
>>18902337
Elaborate further a little bit more, anon.
>>
Had a naked guy appear and run past me in Fallout 4 while I was under a broken bridge. Scared the shit out me but made me laugh.
Could be glitched ghoul or Hancock glitching. Was funny jumpscare either way.
>>
>>18900023
i've heard there are many in GTA San Andreas
>>
>>18907908
oh fuck, i totally forgot. there was a period that i would play it with a gameshark, and when you pressed the small button on the gameshark it would give you instantly 100 coins. but you would get these super bizarre glitch noises that were really unsettling
>>
>>18901188

Well played.
>>
>>18902398

Can't remember what zone it's in, but remember seeing on a vid where the Devs put in an Easter egg, where it was a shrine of rememberance to fallen soldiers, sort of like the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.

And at a specific time each day, a skeleton would rise from one of the graves, and stand at attention for a minute or 2, before disappearing.

Not very spooky, but still cool nonetheless.
>>
>>18900026
why does the signs say 'peed'
>>
File: PortGet2.png (88KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
PortGet2.png
88KB, 500x500px
I'll just be a second.
>>
>>18906105
Creepy. I always felt that game was kind of eerie
>>
>>18910244
checked
>>
File: carlos at his computer.gif (928KB, 275x198px) Image search: [Google]
carlos at his computer.gif
928KB, 275x198px
>>18900120
ok cuck
>>
File: 1478796275599.jpg (269KB, 860x1152px) Image search: [Google]
1478796275599.jpg
269KB, 860x1152px
>>18910244
then there's that
>>
>>18906920
Holy shit. I remember that part of the game but for some reason I didn't remember that exact dialogue. I'm getting a little freaked out now because it perfectly describes something that happened to me six or seven years ago
>>
I was bashing this woman with a baseball bat in Mafia 1 and suddenly her head morphed into a dogs head.
>>
>>18904106
>>18901662
what is this
>>
>>18910456
The ending of Majora's Mask. The moon is about to crash into the world, and you go up there to stop it. You find yourself in the field in the pic, and there are a bunch of children running around who don't speak. If you've collected all the masks in the game, you can give each of them one, and they'll give you the Fierce Deity mask, which basically makes you go god mode during boss fights.

It's a fantastic game, the best of the entire Zelda series imho. Very dark and creepy. Almost all the quests have to do with death, but not in an edgy way. Like one anon above said, they explore how different people and cultures cope with death in many ways.

I bought a 3DS for Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, and it was one of the best purchases I've made.
>>
File: 1481257218387.jpg (13KB, 480x360px)
1481257218387.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>18900120
>>
>>18910237

>I think this is bait but I'll respond anyway

"Speed." You can see the 'S' in front of the first four letters.
>>
>>18903060
I just booted up the game on an emulator and pressed up 500 times via turbo button.

You're full of shit.
>>
>>18903094
Don't forget the gravestone in Hillsbrad with a kneeling dwarf in front of it, commemorating one of the game's programmers who passed away. When I saw that for the first time, I instantly thought it was the most badass thing ever.
>>
>>18900617
The first generation of Pokemon was definitely a bit darker than it is today, though not necessarily more sinister, mainly because it drew a lot of inspiration from the Mother series (the game in OP's pic, as it happens), the storylines of which generally dealt with more serious subject matter.

As for that Mario thing, it's actually from Galaxy 2, and was more than likely put in the game by a graphic artist in a half-assed attempt at being thought-provoking and deep. I remember Halo 3 had something similar hidden in the first stage. If you somehow managed to get on top of a certain ledge about a quarter way through the level (there was an incredibly contrived way of doing this), you could see a sasquatch family huddled in a corner, presumably cowering from all the gunfire, who would bleed if you shot them.
>>
>>18904547
gm_construct is fucking freaky. I hate when your chilling outside that sqaure building in that map and you can see that dark corridor staring right at you
>>
>>18906105
I've heard that demonic voice say "nintendo" on the start of luigi's mansion. Did you have a gamecube at that time?
>>
>>18900755
Literally all of the pokemon games adress death in some form
>>
File: 2134321412.png (15KB, 414x101px)
2134321412.png
15KB, 414x101px
There's resort island in Lisa the Painful, mainly the Marty head sticking out of the tv for seemingly no reason
>>
>>18903579
yo this shit made me shit my pants when I was a kid
>>
Call me a pussy, but this game had some seriously spooky shit at the final areas which were called "The darklands"

I remember that first they started out as a jungle and eventually as you got deeper in it got more dark since that was were the main baddies were, but one of the areas in the darklands where called the "Dark Hallow" which was just a huge floating tree in the middle of a chasm, and the lighting made it worse since it was darker than a nazi gas chamber.
Also there was a future part during the vanilla stage which was pretty much the entire CN world destroyed, really fucked me up as a lad seeing the ground leveled, goo spewing everywhere and just all of the implications that the CN characters went out in dark ways like drowning in the goo.

Plus some of the enemies were a little dark, but I can't remember them all too well.
>>
File: not spoopy anymore.png (482KB, 861x503px) Image search: [Google]
not spoopy anymore.png
482KB, 861x503px
>>18911936
Actually now after looking up images its not that spooky, heres that Dark Hallow, will dump a few images though of "Creepy" or "dark" places.
>>
File: Breeders.jpg (25KB, 362x276px) Image search: [Google]
Breeders.jpg
25KB, 362x276px
These shits were spooky
>>
File: images.jpg (6KB, 280x180px)
images.jpg
6KB, 280x180px
>>
>>18906920
That scene from MGS2 is creepy and unsettling to me now, because I've had a similar occurrence to the Colonel's a few years ago
>>
File: 997DVA_Keanu_Reeves_003.jpg (47KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
997DVA_Keanu_Reeves_003.jpg
47KB, 720x480px
>>18900026
Thats some dark shit.
>>
>>18900592
This is great. Can't wait to see how this plays out, obviously not real but the work on recreating PSX styles is spot on.
>>
>>18910355
>>18912172
it's actually quite a common experience. Arsenal gear is just talking out of its ass at this point and just repeating stuff that comes through it. I've read about it happening to quite a few people, either they end up somewhere they weren't before or they look at the clock and hours have passed in what felt like minutes. It's surprising how many people share such a similar unexplained experience. What do you think, alien abduction or just a mental fault?
>>
>>18906590
why do you post his sigil
>>
>>18902898
>gril
D-do you happen to like battletoads as well?
>>
File: darksouls_eclipse353699565.jpg (43KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
darksouls_eclipse353699565.jpg
43KB, 640x640px
>>
>>18910309
Fucking idiot
>>
File: 1474926160818.png (795KB, 668x866px) Image search: [Google]
1474926160818.png
795KB, 668x866px
>>18906156
>>18907506
I'd often wonder to myself what tile in runescape had never been stepped on, or what content or NPC's hadn't been experienced in x amount of time due to their lack of substance. There are so many one line NPC's in overly large areas untouched by the devs since like '05, and it has a really creepy vibe.

my account is a decade old and I did most of that content ages ago, but it must be really strange for a new player to go through quests and stuff that are long dead. sort of like playing that worlds mmo

you do sometimes see people in those areas though. dorgeshuun city and meiyerditch often have people (not questers mind you) standing around silently which just adds to the overall feel of desolation. I thought they were bots at first, but a bot account with quest points to that extent is unreasonable. I'm babbling at this point but I have seen some strange stuff on dead servers. game that old breeds some esoteric events I guess
>>
File: In_Cold_Blood_Coverart.png (124KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
In_Cold_Blood_Coverart.png
124KB, 256x256px
When playing half life 2 as a kid at the beginning of the level water hazard, after the chimneys collapsing and in the few short section afterwards if you get out of the boat and walk around, I constantly had the feeling of being watched. The ambient noises made it sound as if somebody was laughing/cackling in the distance, which was probably supposed to be crows or something but it was a real uneasy feeling I had those few short levels.

Also hat this game called 'in cold blood' which was kinda like an secret agent thriller adventure with shooting/hacking from time to time. It had point&click characteristics to it and shitty controls, especially for fighting. Did somebody else play this as a kid? It came out sometimes around 2000 I think.
I'm mainly pointing to the level with the spectre robot, which was pretty much my first encounter with gore and extreme violence in a video game.
>>
This is old but good
https://youtu.be/PRgATG6PUA0
>>
>>18902980
Fucking Boone in NV would headshot something and it would snap into the cinematic out of nowhere. This happened more than once before I turned that setting off
>>
>>18908178
What cicada thing?
>>
>>18900053
I do know that when halo reach launched, the skyboxes and far off terrain in some of the maps had easter eggs, some of them pretty overt that anyone could point out, but others would require pretty unique circumstances to see. sort of like escaping the maps in halo 3 but turned up to eleven
>>
Can't believe no one mentioned Black and White. The game would spookily whisper your name for no reason whatsoever every now and then.
>>
>>18914833
I always thought it was whispering "death" in the creepiest way possible
>>
In the fallout 3 DLC Pointlookout the pint sized slasher motel room really freaked me out when I first came across it. That and the dunwich building was really freaky
>>
File: IMG_0939.jpg (74KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0939.jpg
74KB, 800x600px
>>18914901
Forgot pic
>>
>>18900023
Super R-Type. Snes....

I never have seen anyone talk about this, and it can be recreated with an emulator, I used to do it on a console.

Go to the sound test, pick a song, any sound works though. Play it, then start tapping L and R (maybe just one of them, don't remember).

At first not much happens, you'll hear a little sound effect here and there, keep pressing it little by little and listen for changes. I don't know what the fuck is going on here, but it does some creepy remix of the songs, changes the instruments and melody and gets all evil sounding and strange the more you press it.

I feel like nobody will see this, too many comments, but it's very interesting.
>>
>>18906499
I'm pretty sure you're mistaken as fuck, and saw the game "Marvel vs Street Fighter" and saw Cyborg Akuma (the end boss).
>>
Tomb Raider 1's draw distances make me bugged out to this day. The completely silent, cramped caves which just lead to black creep me the fuck out. Something is just plain wrong about it.
>>
Thief - The Dark Project:
The Sword mission. Its architecture and the laughing spooked me. Everytime the laughing started I thought I was seen somehow, played that level so many times because of that.

Minecraft:
Many version ago there was a bug with chuncks; chunks from other worlds would be loaded in the one you were playing. I generated many worlds and did all kinds of build tutorials. I was playing my main survival save when I saw a torch burning at night; went to explore to find this building with very akward surroundings and it gave me this "I'm not alone?" feeling. Took me a while to realize what was going on.
>>
>>18914833
>>18914838
It was actually both.

The way I understand it is: the game searched your computer for something it could guess was your name. It would then have a list of recorded whispers for various names that it could use.

If it didn't find a name that matched that list, then it would simply whisper "death". Or maybe the "death" whisper happened any time a villager died, I've heard both accounts.

>>18914901
The Dunwich Bulding and the Dunwich mining facility in Fallouts 3 and 4 were both awesome and really disappointing for me. Lovecraftian horror is something I adore, so it was great to see elements of it being inserted out of nowhere in these games, but very disappointing to see how thin the "story" behind the locations was.

Especially in Fallout 4, because at least 3 gave you a little bit of exposition regarding the book you find in a later add-on, but to my knowledge there's no piece of lore to explain the massive statue buried underneath the mines.
>>
>>18914990
if thats the game where you get shot at by arrows in the walls and hunted by wolves then yeah, its an unnerving game
>>
>>18915141

It is. Running into blackness, getting attacked by wolves out of nowehere, and the only sounds being the low-fi wolf snarls, gunshot echoes, and your pained groans is really spooky.
>>
>>18915024
hEroBrInE
>>
>>18901680
>which is, ofc, best-gen
my man
>>
>>18900129
>life with autism
>>
>>18902872
Banjo kazooie, mario, fucking anygame with water and death fucked me so hard. I almost drowned at the beach once and ever since then I've had this innate fear of everything water. Not enough to bother me in everyday life, but if it involves water and death I just freeze up. I remember the first time playing Mario64 and I got swallowed by that fish on little/big world. I didn't play the game for a week
>>
>>18902894
Watch the sky? I don't remember the actual name of it but absolutely loved that pasta.
>>
>>18914833
MY NIGGA. Black and White is so underrated. Best game I've ever played as a kid
>>
>>18914926
Do it and record it maybe?
>>
File: 8e8.png (102KB, 600x730px) Image search: [Google]
8e8.png
102KB, 600x730px
Cry of Fear is fucking spooky mod for Half Life.

Never I thought a mod would be so scary, and it's not even jumpscares.

>go to a building
>read memos
>it's child molesters wrote about how he ate children
>start hearing loud as fuck thumping noises from stairs and furious door knocking.

Not to mention the endings. It's depressing because it's reality.
>>
File: HVTpGXDb1Cgx2.gif (785KB, 500x276px) Image search: [Google]
HVTpGXDb1Cgx2.gif
785KB, 500x276px
>>18915889
>My Secret Note 4
This one was a good one. Very nice to kill. Easy to cut with my knife, like to cut food.
>>
>>18914771
I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt like that in half life 2. I loved the atmosphere of that game. For me personally whenever I would stop and look at shit it always had that "better keep moving" vibe.
>>
>>18900023
Lucas Arts' Outlaws was a first person cowboy shooter game set in the wild west released in the 90s.

At some point in the game you can blast a hole under an outhouse and find a UFO full of terrifying aliens inside of it.

Freaked me out as a kid.
>>
Sometimes when I'm playing battlefield a dead body falls infront of me from a rooftop
>>
I remember playing my favourite game Gothic 2 and finding corpses of important NPCs (watermages from the addon) in some weird cave. It made no sence in the games context since all of them are invicible, one of them had a note with him that disappered when i tried to read it.
Turns out there is a space under the map where the game puts NPCs when they go to another map and sometimes they get pushed to the nearest place on the map which just happens to be a random ass cave in the middle of nowhere.
The note was empty because he just used it for the visuals.
Not that scary, but actually pretty interesting i think.
>>
>>18915995
That was the point, they had sounds and things in walls to make it feel like your being chased.
>>
>>18908465
Or at all
>>
Man, seeing these WoW posts bring back memories. I played it when I was still an absolute scrub at games. I liked to forge my own path to places and I ended up getting lost a lot of the time. Just so many expansive and empty places in that game. So dead and dark. Like the foresty zones and WoTLK zones as well.

I also remember an Easter egg in Saints Row 2 that scared me as a child. I was shooting up a graveyard for no reason. My brother is sitting behind me, and I shoot a large gravestone. It reveals a tunnel, and he urges me to go in. I do, and there's a bunch of dolls around a shrine. He is laughing, and I'm utterly creeped out by it. But now, I realize it was just a bunch of blow-up sex dolls. Was pretty fun to find an Easter egg on my own back then, though.
>>
>>18916513
>tfw I was 21 when these games came out and it was the last time I spoke to other human beings.
>>
>>18901717
Any tips for getting into F1? I love the games music and look but it's super primative.
>>
>>18916649
Get the unofficial patch mod so that any bugs will be fixed, other than that I'd give it a go. It's hard as shit at points but I figure that's part of the experience.
>>
File: 2spooky.png (96KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
2spooky.png
96KB, 400x240px
I love threads like these. Especially when older games are talked about because sometimes they were unsettling just because of the limited graphics.

I feel like one of the creepiest things a game can do is, especially when sound and music is usually so present in video games, go completely silent. It's the #1 way to put someone on alert because it's the definition of "it's quiet... too quiet."

>>18906142
>>18906175
>>18906181
This is an incredible example, since its usually after beating a boss that no music in particular is played. But the fact a game like Splatoon added something that horrifying is something in itself.

Pic related is from Mario 3D Land, you finish a spooky level and if you wait at the end this face appears just to dissolve into the darkness after lingering for a few seconds. Sometimes it's the little things that get put into a game that has the most effect because there's little to no explanation or buildup to it that make it so mysterious.

And, on the topic of Nintendo, there was an interesting article called "The Message of Majora's Mask" discussing the surreal installment of the Legend of Zelda series and how deep the story really is and all the symbolism. I haven't read it in a few years but I remember it being fascinating.
>>
File: images (1).jpg (8KB, 324x358px)
images (1).jpg
8KB, 324x358px
>>18900120
>mfw
>>
>>18918007
>Pic related is from Mario 3D Land, you finish a spooky level and if you wait at the end this face appears just to dissolve into the darkness after lingering for a few seconds. Sometimes it's the little things that get put into a game that has the most effect because there's little to no explanation or buildup to it that make it so mysterious.
Fucking fatal frame silent jumpscare pause screens.
Still getting me nightmares.
>>
File: 1491530511739.jpg (45KB, 683x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1491530511739.jpg
45KB, 683x1024px
>>18914902

recently played point lookout again, great atmosphere and the place is really eerie. the story about the calverts in combination with the smawp, the lovecraftian vibe and swampfolk reminded me of true detective,

fuck i wish one of the next fallouts will be set in some place around louisiana. the potential for post nuclear fuckery regarding the enemies, locations and quests is huge.
but knowing bethesda they probably would fuck it up and fill the place with super mutants and brotherhood of steel paladins for no reason at all.
>>
>>18906142
>Midnight
>Let's finish splatoon tonight
>Beat boss
>Put controller down and reach for can of Dr peps
>Game playing audio of train crossing beeps
>Low moans
>I'm so scared I'm in a creepy pasta
>look it up to find no information on it
>Think I've been chosen
>OK
>go to bed
>>
>>18915119
> the game searched your computer for something it could guess was your name
So... Literally the game stalks you... that makes it a lot creepier.
>>
>>18900592
>Petscop

Pretty awesome, and it's unfolding right now. Will have to follow.
>>
File: 1492137924862.jpg (98KB, 672x960px) Image search: [Google]
1492137924862.jpg
98KB, 672x960px
>>18906847
>Replying to namefags at all
You're part of the problem
>>
>>18901135
Elaborate. Seems like no one else cared to reply because lmaoWatchDogs but I'm a sucker for weird obscure kinda creepy hidden/unlisted quests/details in games, regardless of the game.
>>
>>18917839
Will do
>>
>>18915545
>I almost drowned at the beach once and ever since then I've had this innate fear of everything water
>innate

All joking aside, water in videogames freaks me out too (SotC water boss)
>>
>>18915545
I only had a fear if death as a kid but that super Mario 64 drowning animation was horrifying.
>>
>>18915688
JVK1166z.esp
>>
Dishonoured 2 - before the last level when you're on the boat at night, look into the distance at the other boats and there is a silhouette of ... Somebody watching you.
I can't take a picture because i traded it in (poorfag) but it freaked me out at the time, even if it's just some NPC they placed there to save loading times, it looks like it's staring right at you.
>>
>>18903060
And your uncle works for Nintendo, am I right?
>>
I remember this one time, I was visiting a cousin's house for Thanksgiving, and they had this Billy & Mandy game for Gamecube. It was real late, probably after midnight (it figures that weird stuff always happens when there's no witnesses), and was about to start another level when it lagged at the loading screen for about twenty seconds longer than normal. Then, this weirdness happened.

The screen went black briefly, then cut to a title screen which read "Magick with Marjory", and then it switched over to... god, this was fucking weird. It wasn't a cutscene or anything, just a still image of a cartoon goth girl (she looked a bit like Marjane from Persepolis, funny enough), and there was some text on the screen giving instructions for a death spell. It involved lighting a black candle, breaking a bunch of chicken bones, and stabbing a photograph of your enemy with the bone shards... nothing too dangerous or shocking, but it's still a bit fucked up that they'd put that in a kid's game.

The weirdest thing is, I don't think Marjory is even a character from the show. And she's nowhere else in the game except for that one little bit.
>>
>>18916513
Exploring the obscure areas of an mmo is always one if the best parts
>>
>>18900621
what happened to UVB-76 threads anyways
>>
>>18921708
This desu

MMORPGs also usually have comfy and dreamlike music. At least the weeb MMORPGs.
>>
>>18916427
got it back around 2013 from Amazon and only ever finished the first few hour or so (Pretty cool strategy rpg with nice art and interesting anime style interpretation of Joan of Arc) Shortly after I had a run of weird bad luck. Don't remember any exact details; was mostly financial and family problems which are normal for me. However, I do remember thinking they were extra bad at the time.

Quit to play other games and eventually my psp battery broke. After that I moved on to playing mostly PC games.

Fast forward to 2015. I managed to get the system working and decided on a whim to start playing it again. Figured it would be best to start from a new save file. Well, sure enough I had another run of the same type of bad luck.

The part that gets me is that this was a time in my life where things were more stable (less life problems, etc). Another weird thing was that I got to relatively the same point in the story before giving up.

Once again, moved on to other games and luck turned basically back to normal after like a month or so.

Since then Ive taken a long break playing from my psp and haven't played the game since.
Still, like I said, it may just be a coincidence .

I wonder if I should try it again one day. I cant stand leaving a game unfinished, and it bothers me to see it just sit there gathering dust. Or maybe I should sell it but potentially pass on the curse/jinx whatever?
>>
>>18916649
If you love fallout enough its easy, but i would say get good stat builds. Also if you find it boring because you cant find what to do look up a walkthrough. Cheating is better than getting bored and not touching it ever again.
>>
>>18914771
>>18915995
G-man is always watching you in Half Life.

Pretty well known but he's always either off in the distance where you catch a glimpse of him as he's walking away or sometimes through security minitors of tv sets.

Youtube it.
>>
>>18914961
Akuma only appeared in one X-Men based game and that was Children of The Atom
>>
>>18922101
wait i was wrong, he also was in SFvX-Men
>>
>>18919822
Nah, you enter your name in the beginning and it has them pre recorded. I'm not sure what these Tom Clancey sounding guys are on about.
>>
>>18920008
The diving missions in GTA V were awful for me because of that
>>
>>18921814
They pop up every once and a while if something happens. Either here or /pol/
>>
short fucked up green cause i'm buzzin'
>post on /x/ (and maybe /b/) pops up
>has an image that said the following

Hello we are looking for highly intelligent individuals to find them we have devised a test.

there is a message hidden in this image.

find it, and it will lead you on the road to finding us. we look forward to meeting the few that make it through.

good luck.

>everyone thinks it's a random anon fucking with people but some think it's a secret cult or goverment organization/agency that want to recruit anons cause weaponized autism
>sometime later anon solves the image
>leads to a decoy
>another anon sovles og image with weaponized autism (steganography) and says the following

Here is a book code. To find the book, and more information, go to http://www.reddit.com/r/a2e7j6ic78h0j/

1:20, 2:3, 3:5, 4:20, 5:5, 6:53, 7:1, 8:8, 9:2, 10:4, 11:8, 12:4, 13:13, 14:4, 15:8, 16:4, 17:5, 18:14, 19:7, 20:31, 21:12, 22:36, 23:2, 24:3, 25:5, 26:65, 27:5, 28:1, 29:2, 30:18, 31:32, 32:10, 33:3, 34:25, 35:10, 36:7, 37:20, 38:10, 39:32, 40:4, 41:40, 42:11, 43:9, 44:13, 45:6, 46:3, 47:5, 48:43, 49:17, 50:13, 51:4, 52:2, 53:18, 54:4, 55:6, 56:4, 57:24, 58:64, 59:5, 60:37, 61:60, 62:12, 63:6, 64:8, 65:5, 66:18, 67:45, 68:10, 69:2, 70:17, 71:9, 72:20, 73:2, 74:34, 75:13, 76:21

Good luck.

>link leads to post on reddit
>has two images named "welcome" and "problems"
>both contain code
welcome code message:
From here on out, we will cryptographically sign all messages with this key.

It is available on the mit keyservers. Key ID 7A35090F, as posted in a2e7j6ic78h0j.

Patience is a virtue.

Good luck.

>>
>>18921913
Woah I thought you meant in-game bad luck, that's very weird but it might be a coincidence. Maybe try another time, if it really is the game and you want to sell it make an ebay listing and specify that you suspect it is cursed. That way you won't feel guilty if the same thing happens to someone else. Also the internet is full of weirdos, if you put it on auction you might get a lot of money for it
>>
>>18922260
forgot to link (also fuck this and (you) going nearly all out)
>>18914785
problems code:
The key has always been right in front of your eyes.

This isn't the quest for the Holy Grail. Stop making
it more difficult than it is.

Good luck.

also both codes were signed with PGP
>anon does a thing and discovers a phone number and says this:

Very good. You have done well. There are three prime numbers associated with the original final.jpg image. 3301 is one of them. You will have to find the other two. Multiply all three of these numbers together and add a .com to find the next step. Good luck. Goodbye.
>anon does even more things and finds cicada website that has an image of a cicada and a countdown
>anon uses steganography again that leads to another message that says:

You have done well to come this far.

Patience is a virtue.

Check back at 17:00 on Monday, 9 January 2012 UTC.

>SOME TIME LATER a new message containing coordinates appears in same website image
>all lead to places that have images of cicadas and QR codes (by this point people are interested)
1st QR code:
In twenty-nine volumes, knowledge was once contained.
How many lines of the code remained when the Mabinogion paused?
Go that far in from the beginning and find my first name.

1:29
6:46
the product of the first two primes
2:37
14:41
17:3
27:40
the first prime
2:33
1:1
7:45
17:29
21:31
12:17
22:42
15:18
24:33
27:46
12:29
25:66
7:47

You've shared too much to this point. We want the best,
not the followers. Thus, the first few there will receive
the prize.

Good luck.

>cont
>>
>>18922303
2nd code:
A poem of fading death, named for a king
Meant to be read only once and vanish
Alas, it could not remain unseen.
1:5
152:24
14:13
7:36
12:10
7:16
24:3
271:22
10:7
13:28
12:7
86:17
93:14
16:7
96:4
19:13
47:2
71:22
75:9
77:4
You've shared too much to this point. We want the best,
not the followers. Thus, the first few there will receive
the prize.

Good luck.

>cont cause too many lines
>>
>>18903740
Bill Gates is a satanist anon.
>>
>>18922373
>anon does more stuff and reveals a little code that points to web browsers that use tor
>message says a new email address from a site you never used is needed
>some time later another post pops up on /x/ and /b/
Hello again. Our search for intelligent
individuals now continues.

The first clue is hidden within this image.
Find it, and it will lead you on the road to
finding us. We look forward to meeting the
few that will make it all the way through.

Good luck

>anon does even more things and finds this
Welcome again.
Here is a book code. To find the book, break this riddle:
A book whose study is forbidden
Once dictated to a beast;
To be read once and then destroyed
Or you shall have no peace.

I:1:6
I:2:15
I:3:26
I:5:4
I:6:15
I:10:26
I:14:136
I:15:68
I:16:42
I:18:17
I:19:14
I:20:58
I:21:10
I:22:8
I:23:6
I:25:17
I:26:33
I:27:30
I:46:32
I:47:53
I:49:209
I:50:10
I:51:115
I:52:39
I:53:4
I:62:43
I:63:8
III:19:84
III:20:10
III:21:11
III:22:3
III:23:58
I:1:3
I:2:15
I:3:6
I:14:17
I:30:68
I:60:11
II:49:84
II:50:50
II:64:104
II:76:3
II:76:3
I:60:11

Good luck.
>book referenced is The Law by Aleister Crowley
>anon does something else and discovers a hyperlink leading to a dropbox with a .iso file (this was found through a file check)
>anon does something that makes the image become a command screen with data, boot and audio being the only selections, booting causes something and a code that says the key is all around you
>audio leads to a recording known as 761.mp3
>autism leads to this
The Instar Emergence

Parable 1,595,277,641
Like the instar, tunneling to the surface
We must shed our own circumferences;
Find the divinity within and emerge.
>SOME MORE TIME LATER weaponized autism saves the day via binary and ASCII another two messages are revealed, the 2nd being on a tor website
1st
"Come to emiwp4muu2ktwknf.onion"

We shall await you there.

Good luck.

2nd
Web browsers are useless here.
(code forming an image of a cicada)
Welcome.
>cont
>>
File: SM64 EEL.png (324KB, 407x414px) Image search: [Google]
SM64 EEL.png
324KB, 407x414px
>>18900023
>>
When Morrowind came out I was just a kiddo so obviously many things in the odd atmosphere scared me(old classic have that spooky vibe to them, don't they). I remember this one cave, pretty much flooded, that had a body of a dead elf laying at the end of it, with loud buzzing(sounded like bees or electronics) coming from a wall right behind it. I don't remember if I found out what was it about later on, but it was so weirdly unsettling without any context.
>>
>>18922405
We know the Cicada story you don't need to post it in full you fucking autist.
>>
File: ReDead Ocarina of Time.jpg (45KB, 640x336px) Image search: [Google]
ReDead Ocarina of Time.jpg
45KB, 640x336px
Also surprised nobody's mentioned these. That sudden change of atmosphere and their sounds and screams terrified me so much as a kid. Especially when the whole city gets fucked up and they're everywhere.
>>
>>18922434
JUST
>>
>>18922432
you wanna play 21 anon?
cause ive got 22
>>
>>18916138
Gothic 2 was spooky as fuck. Mainly due to the total keyboard control.
>>
>>18901188
Holy shit anon you made my fucking day
>>
>anon discovers that web browsers are useless as shit in this and telenets and discovers a message that i don't feel like posting
>anon finds out that the messages could be converted into ASCII and finds another message leads to another tor page
>anon gets impatient and finds another message and another that says patience is a virtue which means come back soon
>after this site was taken down and came back up with
You already have everything you need to continue.
Sometimes one must "knock on the sky and listen to the sound."
Good luck.
>anon discovers the meaning of this and gets the reply
>reply says to wait for coordinates
>coordinates reveal locations of a hint leading to more hints
>hints are scattered and where the coordinates lead to are cicada images with a phone number and access code beneth them and upon calling said number phone a voice asks for a code and after entering a message would be given leading to different onion pages depending on location
>onion links led to a timed test
some of the questions were the following
There is no truth

What you are is more important than what you do

You cannot step into the same river twice

This sentence is false

Disregarding color blindness, any arbitrary color looks the same to all people

If A is not true, then it must be:

1 = 0.9 recurring

Grass is only green due to a relationship between the grass, the light and your mind

All things are true

What does the word 'it' refer to in this sentence: It is dark outside?

The mathematical operation known as addition is modeled after what?

Explain, in your own words, what mathematical operation is relied upon for the security of Shamir's Secret Sharing Scheme?

Name similarities between the concept and reality of the 'News Feed' on Facebook?

>some more bullshit happens (a test about creating a server)
>Cicada goes silent from that point on
hope you enjoyed my drunk explanation on this
>>
>>18922648
>>18922405
>>
>>18907402
Wot? Really? Damn I'm going to try it
>>
>>18922860
Can verify it does happen
>>
File: IMG_1400.png (120KB, 412x436px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1400.png
120KB, 412x436px
>>18922434
funny thing about ocarina of time. in the official strategy guide (also the guide for ocarina of time 3d) there is absolutely no mention of the dead hand miniboss, even though you fight it twice.
>>
>>18922902
On the subject of OoT, wasn't there a connection between OoT and LttP with the Bongo Bongo (or whatever it was called) boss in the Shadow Temple, and an NPC/boss in LttP? The boss in Ocarina is a neck stump and hands, the LttP character had his head and hands cut off for being a thief, etc.
>>
Anything made by Rockstar games.They put occult symbols everywhere in their shit.
>>
>>18900755
I was going to say - Pokemon has quite a few of them, mostly to do with ghosts.

The music never bothered me (other than being wonderfully creepy), but I did love the atmosphere of the town. The girl referring to the hand on your shoulder... the actual ghost of a Marowak in the tower...

And then there is stuff in later games. My favorite is the Old Chateau in Eterna Forest, with the ghosts of a little girl and a butler. They're just sort of there. No explanation, nothing happens because of it. It's just a haunted house.
>>
>>18900592

there's a whole thread about it here
>>18921915
>>
>>18922902

There's no info on any minibosses on the manual.
>>
File: Capture.png (542KB, 1257x935px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
542KB, 1257x935px
How about the Freemason symbol in Men in Black the game? Played the shit out of it when I was a kid, but obviously never noticed it or knew what the symbol meant until now.
>>
>>18924764
You still don't know
>>
File: 1485979326649.jpg (28KB, 411x411px) Image search: [Google]
1485979326649.jpg
28KB, 411x411px
>>18900023

Donkey kong country 2 castle crush glitc

Doing the glitch results in one of multiple characters in a weird color scheme. If you become Klubba and move or touch a wall, you hear a grunting noise and the screen goes black. Sometimes it takes you back at the main menu right after. When you start up the game, there's a chance that your memory will be wiped, so be careful and max out all save files.

The other character I remember was a golden rambi. You pretty much fly around the map and shit, but you 'die'. It shows that you lose a life and you're kinda stuck on the screen after the you loose a life music plays. This also fucks with your save files.

Another is if you use Dixie kong to get into the glitched rambi barrel to transform into a silohuette of the sword boss. If the sword touches anything, you start to hear a clip of Dixie Kong crying and then the screen goes black.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-u1ZlwcSEQ

Those kind of games are kinda glitchy itself, but it's the weirdest and drastic in the game.

Another REALLY weird one is this wind waker glitch. I don't know if this one is real for sure, but it's creepy af for a kid's game.

When you're in the ghost ship, at the end of the ship is a treasure chest containing the triforce treasure chart that you need to get out of the ship. Do not open the chest or you'll be teleported out of the map. Above this chest is a portrait of the captain of the ship it seems. He has a very creepy grin, like that of a shark if you're away from the portrait. If you walk up close to it, it resembles a regular man. Anyway, the creepy part is to do a backflip to get on top of the treasure chest and face the portrait. Then you do a jump slash... as you're halfway through the jump slash, the game freezes with the creepy face and your jump slash towards it. Like I said, it's a baby's game. I wonder if it's a prank, but still, it's very creepy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mGB6elWqSw
>>
>>18924783
And you do?
>>
>>18924828
I'm not at liberty to discuss that
>>
>>18916132
Haha I know that one, one ends up staring at you then suddenly the UFO window shuts
>>
>>18912911
>be me, living in a tiny rural town in the mountains
>evening time in winter
>girlfriend is driving us to her place (she lives maybe 10min drive outside town)
>we're just driving past the outskirts of town when I notice a light moving in the sky
>at first I think it's just a reflection of a streetlight since it's the same colour as a tungsten streetlamp
>I realize it's not a reflection and it's moving erratically
>point it out to gf and she sees it too
>we both get freaked and she pulls the car over
>we both get out to make sure we're really seeing this properly
>sure enough, it's a dull orange light swinging back in forth in a random pendulous pattern
>it continues to move but eventually fades to black
>we get back in the car and try to rationalize what we saw, and never really make a big deal of it

No abduction but I never really came up with anything concrete. I don't believe in flying saucers or gray men but I don't know what I saw that night
>>
>>18905959
kek.
>>
File: 1485411716687.jpg (33KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1485411716687.jpg
33KB, 320x320px
In Pokemon Crystal (probably works with Silver and Gold also?) You can get into a weird black and white glitchy city with pokemon league music constantly playing if you use walk through walls cheat and walk to the left from route 30 if i remember correctly. It also has trainers that approach you with ominous music and battle with missingnos. (Usually the game crashes when the match starts tho)
>>
I found the headless girl statue in the secret garden of Shadow of the Colossus. Very weird. The whole game in general had such spooky vibe when you think about it.
>>
>>18900617
These niggas are also in 3d land, enter a ghost house level and when you reach the flag don't grab it, wait until you only have 100 seconds left/when the music speeds up and look near the fence, they're there same model and all, only they disappear after a few seconds and reappear somewhere else, like ghosts.
>>
>>18925166
that only appears on the prerelease disc tho, headless mono is only up there because the devs grabbed their own test copy and hastily made this version for PS to play, so all the assets were moved wherever the fuck, so unless you had swapmagic and got some bootleg copy off of some warehouse it's impossible because retail pal and ntsc have jackshit on them, or at least nothing that you can't see without an emulator and hacks like the beta castle/fortress and beta dam with caves and a meadow near it
>>
File: IMG_1401.jpg (33KB, 254x346px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1401.jpg
33KB, 254x346px
>>18924686
im not taking about the manual, I'm talking about the official strategy guide
pic related
>>
>>18925282
Ok maybe I remembered wrong but at least I know I got to the garden. I was looking for the rumored 17 Colossus.
>>
File: 1477178448492.png (83KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1477178448492.png
83KB, 600x600px
>>18905637
Oh boy, don't play the third game then, there's torture, something implied to be scat, watersports and BDSM, child prostitution, child rape and tons of other fucked up shit, lemme see if i can find the link where the little girl that gets raped in a daily basis tells her story, iirc she can be a potential party member, in case you do decide to play the entire series be warned that said link is full of spoilers.
>>
File: 1489772710962.png (397KB, 820x461px) Image search: [Google]
1489772710962.png
397KB, 820x461px
>>18905637
>>18906541
>>18925361
Here it is, it was in my loli folder lmoa.

https://eiyuutrans.blogspot.mx/2013/04/sora-no-kiseki-3rd-little-girl-of.html
>>
File: 40261-Super_Mario_64_(USA)-1.jpg (101KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
40261-Super_Mario_64_(USA)-1.jpg
101KB, 800x600px
For my Super Mario 64 was a very bizarre game and with many hidden messages
>>
>>18914926
Can't get it to work on my psp mate, and i don't have the balls to try it on pc and discover it is indeed real because it's fucking 3 am here aka the "cursed" hour, why not record it so everyone can hear it? Spread it on plebbit and you'll get millions of views.
>>
>>18919915
Basically ARG using the tumblr blog and the game.
4 people went missing after they started investigating this urban legend called the shuffler, in the game you find 4 images on walls that play creepy shit when you take a pic.

But it's over now, tutorials on it all over YouTube.
>>
File: Logo.jpg (40KB, 512x410px) Image search: [Google]
Logo.jpg
40KB, 512x410px
>>18900023

Deus Ex has to rate a mention here - it is absolutely full of conspiracy/illuminati references all the way through. There are some interesting books to read lying around in the game that allude to real life conspiracies. Definitely worth a revisit if you haven't played it in a long time.

Can't help thinking the plot may be hinting at the future in a prophetic way - part of the story includes the notion that America suffered a civil war and UN forces gained jurisdictional power before a horrifying virus was unleashed on the world:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zStn70Ot4r0
>>
>>18914926

Yeah, this is bullshit. I have a turbo controller and held down the L (R button stops the song) button for around ~5 minutes, with absolutely no change in arrangement or tone.

2/10, and only for making me waste 5 minutes of my life.
>>
>>18902903
If he only popped his head around the corner how did you see the trench coay?
>>
>>18926320
Boi...
>>
File: 1356100448339.png (181KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1356100448339.png
181KB, 500x500px
>>18925066
Yeah that's because you're breaking the fucking game
Dimwit
>>
>>18900116
Wow. I was so spooked, but enthralled with the arcade version. I later got the tg16 version but it wasn't the same.
>>
>>18920008
>SotC

When you aren't a loser game fag, looking up these acronyms are a pain in the ass.
>>
>>18923507
Around the time the Warriors and Manhunt came out they really had an unsettling (to me) atmosphere with the minimalist synth soundtrack. Empty bathrooms and rooms were creepy and yet nothing happened. At least two gangs were satanic cults and then there was pigsy....
>>
>>18922648
Thanx anon
>>
>>18906830
http://www.cracked.com/article_19172_8-creepy-video-game-urban-legends-that-happen-to-be-true.html

Check entry 7.

>inb4 >Cracked

That's where I first remember reading about it, it's not my fault that the site went from shit to irredeemable shit.
Thread posts: 317
Thread images: 63

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.