[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any places in real life that are similar to the world

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: silenthillmovie.jpg (204KB, 811x1200px) Image search: [Google]
silenthillmovie.jpg
204KB, 811x1200px
Are there any places in real life that are similar to the world of Silent Hill /x/?
>>
Centralia, PA USA

Google it
>>
>>18896221
yes, and the real town that silent hill was based off can even be seen in the list of haunted towns the mother looked up in the movie

>im not going to tell you the name of said coal fire towns because fuck you that's googles job
>>
>>18896221
chernobyl comes to mind
>>
>>18896221
Fatal Frame is based off the Himoru Mansion haunting, and I think one of the designers of Fatal Frame worked on SH as well.

There's a legend that a psychopathic family ritual went down wrong and the father killed the whole family then himself.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.paranormala.com/himuro-mansion-haunting/amp/
>>
>>18896221
how about the town silent hill was based on with the coaL FIRES SINCE THE 70'S UNDERGROUND?
>>
Centralia, PA
>>
File: yoyoblacknblueface.png (16KB, 107x68px) Image search: [Google]
yoyoblacknblueface.png
16KB, 107x68px
>>18896221
There are not any places that change their entire landscape atmosphere and constructs based on your psyche no. that would be impossible.

Play the games
>>
>>18896239
/thread
>>
>>18896244
this
>>
That's just the movie. From what I hear, it's not really there anymore. Just a bunch of Dick and Silent Hill graffiti on the road.
>>
>>18896221
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iX4O8KjJsRY&t=158s
>>
>>18896239

centralia is barely anything anymore, just a cemetery and 2 roads covered in graffiti and shotgun shells

you can drive past it while looking for it
>>
>>18899383
Agreed. Centrailia is a bunch of over-hyped bullshit.
>>
There's a small ''forest'' in flevoland, netherlands. I once walked through it when there was a very dense fog, giving it an identical/classic Silent Hill look

>>18896239

I guess i'll be visiting Centralia when i'm in the states.
I've heard alot of spooky things about PA, from a headless woman wandering a cemetery i can't remember the name from atm to sounds from the Gettysburg battle being able to be recorded.

Didn't Chino Moreno made a song about Centralia with one of the bands he sung for a few years ago?
>>
>>18899676

centralia isn't worth it, i went there on the way to gettysburg which also wasn't very supernatural

it's a nice town with a lot of history, but there's nothing really there unless you're into the history

there are "ghost" tours, but that's literally every large-small town that has any significant history in america because people will spend money on it

all i did in gettysburg was wander around all night after taking a bunch of vicodin and i saw absolutely nothing /x/ would find interesting

>>18899424

yeah, the town beside it asheville (however you spell it) has a weird "mother" statue and looks like something out of a backwoods horror movie, but it's mostly just a poor town with a mine tourists can look at
>>
>>18899676

gettysburg is a nice town btw, centralia is literally just a couple of roads with some graffiti and a cemetery outside of a small poor mining town

you drive a minute out of asheville and it's right there, you could miss centralia while looking for it

also all the smoke from the fire isn't even something you'll even necessarily see so that foggy silent hill look isn't going to add any effect to the trip
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.