[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If I want to understand what the freemasons believe is Morals

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: 1489505388652.jpg (112KB, 800x690px) Image search: [Google]
1489505388652.jpg
112KB, 800x690px
If I want to understand what the freemasons believe is Morals and Dogma the best place to start?
>>
>>18891753
Join them. It is really easy, they always want new members (especially if you are under 30) and you get a free spaghetti dinner once a month (Or three times a week, if your wife is dead).
>>
>>18891764
Because most of the old guys cannot cook for themselves, so other members wives make food and sent it to them. (We do not get spaghetti for murdering our wives)
>>
>>18891764
No thanks. I'm just a Christian with too many questions for his own good. I'd rather not get involved with pagan practices and ritual abuse.
>>
>>18891753
Also we get movie tickets for helping make spaghetti
>>
>>18891790
The Masons are a Christian organization. They claim to have been founded by the builders of Solomon's temple and to be a member you have to profess your belief in the one true god with your hand on the Bible (Some lodges allow you to use the Koran or Torah but that is rare and only in urban chapters).
>>
I didn't think they'd be easy to join. I thought they were pretty much one of those rich-only pickpocketing sorta outfits that rob gullible people
>>
File: Manly_Hall.jpg (36KB, 585x466px) Image search: [Google]
Manly_Hall.jpg
36KB, 585x466px
>>18891798
So wtf is with the Illuminati and Baphomet then? Albert Pike proclaimed Lucifer as God.
>>
>>18891819
Seeing as their motto is as above, so below, id hazard a guess that the point is God and Satan are one and the same?
>>
>>18891819
Lucifer is god to modern man.

The wanting of power money wealth. Doing anything beyond living an agrarian life is luciferian
>>
>>18891823
So god is schizophrenic? I'd rather just read something than join some weird cult I can never leave.
>>
>>18891753
No, it's quite terrible, actually. M&D is a book of one man's opinions on a side degree system he wrote, rather than Freemasonry.
You're better off reading the rituals themselves, as that's what we go off.
http://www.stichtingargus.nl/vrijmetselarij/ritualen_en.html

>>18891781
>(We do not get spaghetti for murdering our wives)
That's not how we did it when i was WM!

>>18891819
He didn't, actually. And Hall wasn't speaking for Masonry (he wasn't even a member then).

>>18891823
That's Hermeticism.
>>
>>18891834
Ah my bad, my bad

What's the selling point of freemasonry over hermeticism? Gleaming both wikiped articles it seems like hermeticism is cool and freemasonry is just a shitty boys only club probably used as an excuse to have gay sex when God's not looking
>>
>>18891865
Hermeticism is like the scientific method before we had it. And Freemasonry is a school of science and philosophy. It can use Hermeticism.
>>
>>18891870
Is there any reason it's typically men only? I don't wanna be on spaghetti duty while the boys are summoning succubi or w/e
>>
>>18891880
Bunch of reasons. Officially, because women weren't guild stone masons. Plus, men and women act differently in mixed v segregated company. They also learn differently, and the ceremonies are more geared towards men (as opposed to say public school nowadays).
Unofficially, it's because women are quarrelsome bitches, as evidenced by the mixed concordant bodies like OES.
>>
>>18891889
Also only men can be trusted to keep a secret.
>>
>>18891889
>>18891899
Lol

Virgin club
>>
>>18891922
White knight detected.
>>
>>18891972
>doesn't know 90% of this board hab vagoo

Impart your ancient NEET wisdom on me mr mason
>>
>>18891819
>Albert Pike proclaimed Lucifer as God.
He didn't. This was black propaganda.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taxil_hoax

Morals and Dogma is a lousy book for a layman to understand anything about freemasonry. It's written to only make sense if you're already an initiate of the Scottish Rite.

Bahopmet has nothing to do with Freemasonry.
>>
>>18891753
With the G of course. Gnosis. Greek Philosophy and you are looking for the dialogue about 'What is Just?'
>>
>>18892261
>Ur a NEET
>and a virgin!
>For reasons!
Dat projecting, hombre. Sounds like you don't understand people.
>>
>>18892388
In 4chan it has a 7 on 10 chance of being correct, good enough for a random insult.
>>
File: images (2) (1).jpg (7KB, 312x161px) Image search: [Google]
images (2) (1).jpg
7KB, 312x161px
>>18891790
>watch Passion of the Christ for fun.
>follows a god who kills like a pro just because he refuse to use his power to just convince people
>thinks killing your own son is the ultimate sign of loving an other.
>don't like freemasonry because of hur hur ritual abuse

Real Jesucsist detached !!
>>
>>18891823
That concept was a statement of evolutionary and universal over control techniques are the same in the heavens as on earth as for bacteria. Not a Satan and god are the same
>>
>>18891865
Hermeticism in started with secrecy. Hermetically sealed.

Masons could've considered a hermetic cult
>>
>>18892302
It says right in the book

"LUCIFER, the Light-bearer! Strange
and mysterious name to give to the
Spirit of Darknesss
! Lucifer, the Son
of the Morning! Is it he who
bears the Light, and with its
splendors intolerable blinds feeble,
sensual or selfish Souls ? Doubt it
not!"

I am just more inclined to believe that Satan and Lucifer aren't the same thing. This is not even presented in the bible as being the case. At any rate Albert certainly has a hard-on for Lucifer.
>>
For context and full disclosure: Master Master here under the jurisdiction of the Grand Lodge of Texas. I am also involved in Chapter, Council, and tomorrow, Commandery. I'm also an instructor in my lodge and involved on the degree team.

>>18891753

Awful place to start. Pike was a smart guy and all, but Morals and Dogma is just his opinion. It's also not great IMO.

>>18891790

Masonry is not pagan and we don't practice ritual abuse. I'm a Christian (Episcopalian-ish), FWIW.

>>18891818

Nah. We're pretty easy to join. You just have to believe in God and be a reasonably nice person (no felons kthxbai).

>>18891819

Illuminati and Baphomet don't really have anything to do with Masonry. As far as the Lucifer thing goes, a) Pike was busy being Pike, and b) "Lucifer" is the old Latin name for the "Morning Star" (Venus).

>>18891823

Nope.

>>18891865

Hermeticism doesn't really have a structured organizational format, and Masonry also only kind of touches on Hermetic stuff.

>>18891880

Women are distracting.

>>18893318

Does he call Lucifer "God" in that passage?
>>
File: 39744906-lucifer-wallpapers.jpg (465KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
39744906-lucifer-wallpapers.jpg
465KB, 1600x1200px
>>18891819
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caTodjoE2b0

Ephesians 6:12

For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.
Demons do not hide in the darkness.

Anyway, The masons and all that junk are about liberty and good morality but they do it in the name of satan.

But it gets complicated and most of them think they are doing good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBjOs-egFMs
>>
>>18894061
No but he obviously doesn't think he is the supreme evil prince of darkness beelzebub. Furthermore there was another quote I read on a gnostic website where he did declare such a thing.
>>
>>18894682
>another quote I read on a gnostic website where he did declare such a thing.
You might need to take a grain of salt with that.
>>
>>18894697

"hey so I read this thing on a random fuckin website"

/x/ PLS
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.