[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone miss late 90's-early 00's paranormal internet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 127
Thread images: 13

File: ayy.jpg (7KB, 221x228px) Image search: [Google]
ayy.jpg
7KB, 221x228px
Does anyone miss late 90's-early 00's paranormal internet culture? Back then, there was a greater sense of mystery and community online.

Between Ted the Caver, Unexplained Mysteries forums, the beginning of small images that intrigued the mind...it was a heady time.

I feel like online paranormal discussion changed for the worse towards the end of the 2000's and has declined since.

Thoughts?
>>
>>18889671
The same can be said about everything else revolving around the internet.
>>
yeah the rise of the internet and spread of information has sort of ruined the scene

everything has already been discussed to death and nothing relevant seems to happen

hell even this place was way different just 8 years ago. lots more mystery and scary shit back then
>>
>>18889671
Thank Internet transparency. We let it happen. They took away free thought, essentially. That's why it sucks now. Half of the people can't drop real knowledge here without having someone intercede. Almost every single time.
>>
>>18889671
Yeah, back then there was more of a paranormal investigator type feel to it.
Everyone working together to explore mysteries.
Now no matter what site you go to everyone just wants to larp about magic.
>>
>>18889721
There was no rise of the internet. Just the cashing in of our freedom of expression. No VPNs. No mystery. No Ronin. No fun.
>>
>>18889671
Everything on the internet died a fucking death once social media brought normies and real identities online. Now every ten year old has a smartphone and shit up the internet with their retarded thoughts
>>
Theres a lot of great material from those days which no longer exists on the internet. Good thing I've been saving all the good stuff I come across.
>>
>>18889776
Dump your folder?

Decentralize that shit.
>>
>>18889671
The devil noticed that people believe when exposed to the supernatural, so less children of the devil do it nao.
>>
>>18889746
>Everything on the internet died a fucking death once social media brought normies and real identities online. Now every ten year old has a smartphone and shit up the internet with their retarded thoughts
You seem really upset man.
>>
File: yourebecomingmorelikeyourfather.jpg (33KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
yourebecomingmorelikeyourfather.jpg
33KB, 1280x720px
>>18890089
I am too. lowest common denominator and all that.
>>
File: 8chan hazard.png (35KB, 600x525px) Image search: [Google]
8chan hazard.png
35KB, 600x525px
>>18889671
You can still find communities like that if you go on the smaller chans.
>>
>>18889785
This
>>
>>18890089
18 + website anon. If you had lived through the era he was speaking about you'd be angry too. The internet is a joke now.
>>
>>18892884
>18 + website anon

>Implying everyone actually follows that rule, or that there's anyway to enforce it
>>
The last 2 years have been fucking nuts for the paranormal community (to a lesser extent the last 6 actually), I don't know if any time in the past can beat it.
>>
>>18889691
This
2000's was basically the golden age of the internet, now a days every big corporation is doing everything in it's power to turn the internet into cable television (which will be dead in a few decades) and every online community has basically run out of stuff to talk about so now all they do is bitch about politics or make up some really shitty stories.
>>
>>18892872
I dump as much as the doctors allow me.
>>
>>18889691
You're not wrong.
>>
>>18890089
With good reason, he is. It's like those who lived lawless in the wild west, but got to see barbed wire's inventention strangle the freedom out. We lost The Game. You can't win, brother.
>>
File: 1491233265966.png (309KB, 635x720px) Image search: [Google]
1491233265966.png
309KB, 635x720px
I miss stories like Mel's Hole.

It started so innocently, this guy calling into Art Bell with a yarn about a bottomless pit on his property, and all the listeners had fun with the "what if it's true" banter which resulted in an early meme about a falling cat, no less.

There it would have stayed, just another fun, slightly spooky tall tale, if told innocently and interestingly to the point where you disregarded physics and just went with it.

Then the guy gets his property invaded by armed feds (a common 90s theme) they boot him off, pay him an obscene amount of money to leave the country and never come back. They cover the site from visibility from the air, and censor the proto earth mapping software to boot.

Mel reutrns to the US years later to settle a divorce case, and is kidnapped! A lot of other weird shit happens, and he falls in with the Native Americans who take him to see a second "bottomless pit". They explain to him that they are not really bottomless, they are dimensional portals to other timelines (!) and this them makes sense of Mel's bizarre coin collections and other oddities he found on the original property.

Now... whether any of it was true is frankly irrelevant. The telling was perfect for the medium in which it was delivered. So, yeah, that's what I miss from the 90s spooky stuff.

t old fucker. Time is a bitch, young 'uns, she runs ahead of you too damn fast.
>>
>>18892939
>implying that's what I meant.
I was using it as an age reference. If he had experienced internet pre-social media and "web 2.0" he'd understand what anon was saying
>>
>>18889671

Overexposure. It lost its magic, though nosleep and some of the rituals/games can be fun if you suspend the disbelief and forget what you know for a little while.
>>
>>18890089
He's right, though.
>>
>>18889671
/x/ is really fucking cancer now.
Wouldn't be surprised if 99% of the posters are 14.
Nothing but stupid threads and people telling each other to take their meds.
Why the fuck are you on /x/ if you're calling everyone schizophrenic you morons.
>>
>>18889721
>Half of the people can't drop real knowledge here without having someone intercede. Almost every single time.
Umm.. I think you mean to say that all the stupid bullshit people try to pass off as truth is immediately debunked due to the proliferation of knowledge the internet fosters.
>>
>>18892953
hahaha do explain..
>>
>>18893140
To be fair when the vast majority of the thread are some absolutely retarded shit like "the earth is flat," "I saw some spooky shit and then woke up, how did the monster put me to sleep?" and the ever infamous "I'm a vampire, ask me anything" a take your meds response is warranted.

I miss the unsolved crimes, bizarre documented incidents, and numbers stations threads.

I still plainly remember this time where the board was monitoring a numbers station that was actually reading out messages and eventually the message came out in Czech, quickly getting on my keyboard and transcribing the English translation into the board. Sure we weren't really doing anything all that notable but it sure felt like we were actually investigating something.
>>
>>18889746
Can we ever go back? Is there a replacement?
>>
>>18889746

The truth has been spoken.

4chan was ruined by normalfags
>>
>>18893367
Nope, even the deep web is nothing but an FBI honeypot these days
>>
Hi /x/ didnt want to create my own thread for this but I have a really interesting story and I want some insight. Is there anything mystical or paranormal about the number 10? Here's my story:

My mother was born on October 10, 1964.
10,10, 1964. 1+9 = 10, 6+ 4 = 10. 10,10,10,10.
On 10/10/2010, (10/10/10), she turned 46 (4 + 6 = 10)
She will turn 64 (6 + 4 = 10) on 10/10/28 2 + 8 = 10.
October has 7 letters in it, ten has 3. October ten = 7 + 3 = 10 which is the month and the number.

Is there anything at all relating to demons, divination, magical numbers, anything, relating to 10?
>>
>>18889671
Fuck Ted the caver and its lack of closure
>>
>>18889671
Are there any old internet sites with /x/ stuff?

I would love to read that.
>>
There was a bbs in Portland that I would log on to every once in awhile, this would have been 1995-96 or so. I think it was called "Extreme Dreams" but I could have it confused with something else, as back then there were fuckloads of various boards around.
But it had a shitload of text files to download, mostly paranormal or conspiracy type stuff - and a lot of the things i remember reading get posted literally 10 years later on various websites as "new" when the story/urbanlegend/whatever had really been around for quite awhile before the internet got big.

But I do miss how counter-culture everything was back then. I know it's a cliche to complain about, but it's ironic with how "open" the internet is and how the ideal should be exposing yourself to multitudes of viewpoints, most everyone (including most of us, I'm sure) isolate themselves within circlejerk groups and in many ways we have more barriers than before the internet.

Either way, I had some really fucking scary nightmares as a kid from reading those text files. One about an alien being interviewed by government operatives especially got to me. I think i've seen that particular story mentioned on here at some point, or at least one with very similar beats.
>>
What kills me is that the internet was such a good place until the Normie's arrived en masse.

Worst part is I thought I was a normie until I saw all the Normie's.

And the fact that after all these years to work on some of these mysteries, and the ever growing library of information that becomes available every second, and the constant influx of more people to help collaborate, I don't think we've solved a single. Fucking. Mystery.

It almost leads me to suspend all of my beliefs that there really is anything else out there. Whether it be ghosts, aliens, magic, anything.

It's fucking depressing senpai.
>>
>>18893444
Look into numerology. 10 is the first master number. It typically represents major change. It's also linked to the wheel of fortune tarot card.
>>
>>18893444
So?
>>
>>18890089
Man ain't wrong.
>>
>>18890089
No, no, he's right. If you were on the internet before 2007, you'd realise just how different it was. It changed in 2007 due to the release of the smartphone, and every person with the most retarded opinions in the world and had no access to a computer suddenly had access to everything on the internet. This is why you see the internet so divided and shitty these days.
>>
All anyone wants to do is troll and/or larp. Also so many paranormal things have been debunked now that most people don't really believe in it. Even when spoopy things happen, most of our first reactions are somewhat logical. Access to more information results in less curiosity. General speaking
>>
>>18893444
You really need to get out of the house a bit man, you're talking total nonsense
>>
>>18894604
>That moment when you considered monster girls a super vanilla normie-tier fetish, but then saw normies act like it was some hardcore cockvore shit shit when exposed to it
It's bizarre, you'd think these people would be a little more experienced living their lives normally but then you find out how naive they are.
>>
>>18889709

this, 10 years ago i first came to /x/ and i loved being able to go on here find only creepy and very interesting discussions on here..
>>
>>18889671
if there are so many feels. it should be progressed to deal true para-shit 30d23h59m59s
>>
Does anybody have that one Australian interviewer who talks to this guy about a paranormal experience while there's some blue and black flash landscape background as the video? I've been trying to figure out what it was called since I first saw it in 2010
>>
>>18891702
What smaller chan? I've looked at a few, they seem really small and lacking usage.
>>
>>18894547
Museum of /x/ history. Google it.
>>
>>18897507
>spot the normalfag
>>
File: bhjbhj.jpg (18KB, 540x325px) Image search: [Google]
bhjbhj.jpg
18KB, 540x325px
>>18897435
Pilliga scrub?

was he talking about being dragged out of his car by some thing that had human legs all strung up in trees?
>>
>>18897435
hey it's
>>18898156
here again. is this what you were looking for?
http://bitey.com/flash/pilliga/pilliga.html
>>
At least we still have AboveTopSecret and Godlikeproductions. Those have archives that go back pretty far. But all the newer threads on them are about shitty politics. Fucking Normiebook ruined everything.
>>
I hate normalfags so much.

4chan is so full of them it's disgusting. How to stop lurking?
>>
>>18889671
"late 90s-early 00s paranormal internet culture?"

Just how old are you, m8?
>>
>>18898387
You can never leave
>>
File: image.jpg (25KB, 171x188px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25KB, 171x188px
How much of this general feeling in this thread is simply nostalgia and glorification of old /x/, 4chan, 90's and early 00's internet and counter culture.
Like /k/'s excessive circlejerking over Rhodesia, a long gone, racist settler state.
I acknowdledge earlier times were more wild and free, but I'm very sure we also simply ignore tons of shit which was going on back then and made it miserable.
>>
>>18898637
It was miserable, yes, but it was OURS. it was not the misery given to us by the Powers-That-Be, but misery of our own human condition. We miss our selves, worn down like stones in a deluge. All our edges filed off, we are left with rememberance of things past. It's not just nostalgia; were it but that I could look more clearly. No, it is a desire for self instead of the microwaved-dinner heart of the man(if you could even call anyone a human presently) of nowadays. We miss the largesse of times when we could look at things ourselves instead of being forcefed bullshit.
>>
Conspiracy theories went from being grassroots and mostly apolitical, back then, to being astroturf politically-motivated bullshit now.

Instead of "the elites" and "the government" hiding aliens from us, it turned into "Facebook says [the political opponent of my party] is a pedophile" and other inane bullshit. Obama's presidency had a lot to do with it too; they couldn't deal with the idea of a black president so they came up with all kinds of bizarro horseshit about him being a Kenyan. There was a shift in the discourse from "the government" as the bad guys, to specific politicians as the bad guys.

Trump has made this his M.O.. Notice how this has been the most openly incompetent and corrupt administration in a while, and yet /x/ and the conspiracy theory community has remained totally mum on all of it since all the facts point to "our guy" being the bad guy?

Basically it went from critical thinkers utilizing free speech to voice their dissent, to politicians using their fanbases to take cheap shots at their opponents.
>>
>>18898159
>http://bitey.com/flash/pilliga/pilliga.html
Jesus fuck, fake or not that was an amazing story
>>
>>18897519
No. Not 4chan stuff.

By /x/ stuff, I just mean spooky things, in general.
>>
What was the website everyone used to share that had really good articles on crazy existential stuff? It was obligatory in any "life is a simulation" or similar thread. Montalk or something like that
>>
>>18890089
pre-2007 internet was a much more interesting place. much less corporate and much more free
>>
>>18889721
>No one believes my jack off crystal gives me super powers

>no one believe my dusty ass room is haunted because all these orbs on a picture

>organite
>>
>>18898637
>Rhodesia was RACIST111!!!!!!!
Please hang yourself
>>
>>18898670
>people couldn't deal with a black president
Ya man I remember all those people out rioting and throwing absolute tantrums because they didn't get their way. Not my president.
>>
>>18889721
Plus the weird complex on here where anybody who's not mentally ill or painfully feeble minded is called a shill
>>
>>18894548
There was video for that interview if I remember right, super low res
>>
>>18893444
nice trips. My mom was also born on october 10
>>
>>18889671

God yes, sometimes I really do.

>>18889691

And yes, it really feels that way.

But guys, when I really, really think about it, back then it was all speculation and wild goose chases. Most topics really just went nowhere, and ultimately it was very much the same as it is now; only more interesting because I/we had not been "initiated" so to speak, in the sense that I/we were still so, so gullible, and it was all so, so new.

What I miss is the feeling, not the actual era. It really wasn't that great of a time.

What I ACTUALLY miss about 90s Internet was the feeling of being a technological pioneer. Every website looked like garbage, and it felt like an amazing achievement to make a nice, professional looking website as a middleschooler, when actual corporate/professional websites were all complete garbage in both code and design.
>>
>>18898414
Not him, but I distinctly remember that period and I'm 32.
>>
>>18889721
A lot of projection in here. I've been in threads where things that could be legitimate, are burned to the ground by splitting consensus. Not talking about wandering sub-human primates, with a Puter.
>>
>>18900692

I'm 25 and I remember that era. Started browsing when I was 7 in 1998/99. And yeah, I was the OG shitposter until I grew up a little..
>>
>>18897507
implying im going to let a normie like you in it
>>
>>18889721
yeah who do these fuckers think they are questioning things and not believing it just because someone they've never met says it's true?
>>
>>18889709
this

7 years ago I went to /x/ for a good spook and/or an interesting read

people were actually discussing conspiracy theroies, not memeing all the time

Today /x/ is my last resort when I'm suoer bired and I go into some threads to troll the rp fags that are still fucking this corpse of a board
>>
File: 1453390471918.jpg (75KB, 600x434px) Image search: [Google]
1453390471918.jpg
75KB, 600x434px
>>18889671
This applies to all of the internet, everything is becoming more mainstream thanks to sites like Facebook and Twitter

More casual internet users are coming in droves, and thus content is becoming easier to digest so that it appeals to the mass market.

Sites like YouTube are a big offender. Top 10 videos and certain internet personalities have brought once obscure information into ten minute videos that any retard with a smartphone can watch.

It's called consolidation and streamlining and it really hurt a lot of early internet communities.
>>
>>18889671
There are still places you can visit untouched by the common mundanity and ignorance of the mainstream presence, what I would call the Lowest Common Denominator Human Being ("Normie").

No, I will not speak of any details or names regarding these places since I would only be bringing normies to them.

Needless to say, 4chan has been ruined since 2007, and if you missed out on those glory days I truly feel sorry for you.

The main offenders in bringing "normies" to this once wonderful place, are three:
1. Gaiaonline.com
2. Encyclopediadramatica.com created by that fat bitch with emotional issues, Girlvinyl (probably not brest fed as a kid)
3. The raid culture itself which spread the website like a tumor spreads itself until it kills its host

All I will say is that deep knowledge of cryptography is the path to a deeper, wilder internet reminicent of the early days.

I hope cryptography is BANNED so even less people will make it into these places.
>>
>>18894627
Ten is pagan tier numbers.

We were taught to use 10 because its the shittiest one, it kept us stupid. Look up Pope Sylvester II for a history of why we are using it now.

The universe works on 7, 3,13.

Human counting works best on 20,60,10 (in that order)
>>
>>18901310
proof?
>>
>>18898670
I miss when conspiracy theories werent true. It's kind of a bummer now that they are all real.

Back when noone had heard of anunaki, chemtrails.

The 1997 Jedi Mind Trick album 'The Psycho-Social, Chemical, Biological & Electro-Magnetic Manipulation of Human Consciousness' was redpilling for me.

Lots of directions to look
>>
>>18901328
>weren't true

this
people are just willingly naive because everything was debunked already

I WANT TO BELIEVE

became this board's slogan, literally
>>
File: Counting 101.png (882KB, 1481x1946px) Image search: [Google]
Counting 101.png
882KB, 1481x1946px
>>18901327
Its simple human performance. The western teaching of counting is stressing on your hands, can you hold the number 3 at attention for 5 hours with the western method? You could with the Mayan/Pythagorean system.

Scaling is natural on mayan count, Pythagorean is designed for work on ratios and circles.

Mayans had a unique count system for each natural cycle they identified, and everyone was OK with it.
>>
>>18901352
none of this proves that 20 or 60 are better systems

12 is an obvious one ( you didn't even mention) because it can be devided by 2,3,4 and 6 so it's more practical in everyday life

you don't know shit
>>
>>18901328
>>18901337
I think a lot of the problem was that we moved towards the mundane.

The conspiracy theories back then were about secret government programs to make psychic supersoldiers, hiding alien craft from us and hidden departments of paranormal defence.

Now it's all Jews and Pedophiles and Deep State shit.

What we really need is a new direction to inspire and motivate people to start producing good content again. I've got a couple of ideas but you're never sure how they'll pan out.
>>
>>18901368
Don't forget the mendela effect

a meme theory because people have bad memory

niw that's mundane shit
>>
/x/ went full-blown /b/ after 2spooky4u and skellingtons went viral. It was finished after that.
>>
>>18898637
Back when I used to get on x frequently (2010ish) it was nothing but creepy pastas. A lot of "much video games are haunted" and bullshit like that but was at least much more entertaining than it was now. It really has become a different board
>>
>>18901405

the average age on /x/ is 16 or something, i am totally convinced of that
>>
File: argos.jpg (38KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
argos.jpg
38KB, 350x350px
Early x had a lot more creative people making OC and meme's and a good board culture, and generally trying to post scary and interesting things.

X in 2017 is nothing but flat earthers, trolls, succubus' tulpas, people shitposting, never ending shitposting, people coming here thinking they are above everyone "YOU DONT ACTUALLY BELIVE IN THIS STUFF XDDDDD?"

The only good thread left was the scary video threads, but even they got ruined by people spamming the same videos over and over again, and their shitty school projects.
>>
File: 1457784443001.jpg (54KB, 584x445px) Image search: [Google]
1457784443001.jpg
54KB, 584x445px
Early x was the invention of creepy pasta, when you see it you'll shit bricks, dead bort, the grifter, lavender town, candle cove, slender man, back when ARG'S were new and mysterious.

Neo x is shitposters, trolls, genuinely stupid people, no mods, reddit, con men, new fags.
>>
I used to visit ghoststudy.com every single day and browse for hours and hours, that shit was tight.
>>
File: whatdo_go.jpg (152KB, 1110x792px) Image search: [Google]
whatdo_go.jpg
152KB, 1110x792px
>>
>>18901368
I'm big on the Mayan Calendar was right.

Look at the Start date(3114bc) for types of events to look for, then look at the end date Dec 21 2012

The similar event types is the parts they were predicting.

What if the mesoamericans shaman were super genius and we killed them all
>>
>>18901359
12 counts on one hand, 5 fingers, is 60 base son.

12, is divisible by 2346, and therefore 60 is too.
>>
Modern internet is a tool for streamlining information instead of finding and compiling it. You have a lot more accessible to a lot more people, leads more attention to be based around simplifying and repeating information rather than evaluating it and trying to get more, at the same time giving a more "waiting for what will definitely probably happen" vibe instead of working to make something happen yourself. On old things, you didn't have as many dumbshits coming in 75% of the way through and asking to "get me up to speed." You looked through shit and made the discoveries yourself.

On modern internet, "rewards" have been revamped to be "time-based givens," which give you a much different feeling from "rewards."
>>
>>18889671
I think it has more to do with getting older and being more and more desensitized to this kinda content. Even the biggest retard will eventually realize that a whole lotta stories are surprisingly similar, that apparently hundreds of thousands of people have had paranormal encounters yet no one managed to take a proper photo or that there are quite a lot of time travelers, vampires, demons, aliens etc on anonymous image/message boards. So yeah, a story about someone going to a spooky place and surviving a horrifying situation is probably still interesting and scary for someone who isn't into /x/-stuff but most of us just see:
>I went to X
>everything was ok
>but then spoopy happened and I had to think of Y
>but then everything was ok again
>but it actually wasn't and Y is real
>i ran away and everything is ok
>but I think Y is behind you
>also i am a time traveler ask me anythink
>attached is a blurry image of my succubus gf
>>
>>18889671
I think the last good thing I read /x/ related was a couple years ago when they were doing the Ghost in the Machine (?) and synchronicities. I can't find very much information on it anymore since a lot of the references were taken down. But that was very interesting and fun.
>>
>>18902338
/x/ is only a fly-by-night board for me, but I think it's also somewhat of a Universal Monster Flick type thing where we care more about the specifics of the monster and the situation rather than the "oh shit is this real???"

Like, that greentext a few weeks ago about the guys who went camping and the monster that was their faces all melted together. That was interesting even though it was pretty bullshit.
>>
>>18902370
There are 3 types of /x/ users:
1. Anons who just want a nice scare or interesting story before going to bed
2. Anons who believe in paranormal stuff and want to talk about it
3. Anons who don't believe in it but still want to talk about it(RPfags, writerfags, sceptifags etc)

>>18898670
History has killed "oldschool" conspiracies theories. Talking about the "elites" and "the government" made sense in the 90's because the USA was the only global power left in the world and everything looked like the world was moving towards a unified world under the total leadership of the US government. But things didn't go that way, 9/11, the never ending war against terrorism and then the resurgence of Russia and China as global players kinda shattered the whole idea of a monolithic western elite ruling the world. We are back to a pluralistic world in which the US is just another player and accordingly conspiracy theories got downsized
>>
File: 1492019593004.jpg (37KB, 500x653px) Image search: [Google]
1492019593004.jpg
37KB, 500x653px
>>18898670
>Bitches about conspiracies no longer being apolitical
>Drags his own comedy Central current year retard tier political view into his post

Your part of the problem there cock socket. Do the world a favor and kys
>>
It wasn't just the internet. Remember you just described the exact time that XFiles was a hit.

Everyone was into the conspiracy, government is hiding shit, monsters are real, I want to believe thing. It was just big at the time. It'll come around again, don't worry.
>>
>>18889746
;_;
It's true
>>
>>18891702
Can you give me the links to the smaller chans? I have some knowledge I can spread
>>
>>18892953
Come again? The paranormal scene has been almost nothing but flat earth, Mandela syndrome and boring ARGs for the past 2 years.
>>
Is there anything that comes close to listening to art bell era coast to coast?
>>
>>18892953

Bullshit.

Faggot ass Greer keeps talking about disclosure along with Dolan looking more goofy by the minute. Linda Howe recently mentioned Antarctica but everyone and their fucking mother has been on Antarctica's balls.

The days of black and green, greys, ketamine and acid nights, McKenna on the background along with some Watts. Miditunes.
>>
>>18889671
>tfw born in 1991 and unable to experience the early days of the internet

I was only allowed on kids sites back then.

I remember pre-2008 4chan and /x/ though and it was better before the site became a mainstream place (Face it, it is. Normies know of the board and you get people crying here not to say bad words like retard and faggot now)
>>
>>18902899
Stop being interested and following disinfo psyops? Your personal experiences doesn't represent the scene....
>>
>>18893367
>>18893399
The meshnet has been around for a couple of years now, it's probably your best bet if you're looking for a secondary internet.
>>
>>18903074
On online video games for example, countless people call each other retard etc but that doesn't make it intelligent to do so.
>>
>>18903120
Indeed, the scene represents itself just fine, and at the moment it doesn't look very good.
>>
>>18903074
And also there are plenty of 'bad words' to use as insults but the only three that seem to crop up on here are 'retard' 'faggot' and 'autist' again and again, which suggests that those who post those imbecilic, dehumanising comments can't think of better, more original insults.
>>
>>18901493
Doesn't help that a lot of the original OC people sold out, or had stuff stolen and made money. Now it's all commercial, when the fact that someone could copyright creepypasta without proving they created the term, is pretty sad.
>>
>>18889671
>>18894534
Here's some closure for you, pal.
archive (dot) is (forward slash) 9oKTL
>>
>>18898637
>Rhodesia, a long gone, racist settler state
Cucks like you are pathetic
>>
>>18901294
What did Gaia do?
>>
>>18903074
That sucks man. I was also born in '91, but was a latch key kid. Spent many an evening roaming totse and other 'underground' sites.
>>
>>18903144

You didn't quite get the point newfaggot
>>
>>18905845
flooded /a/ and /b/ with underage weebs
>>
>>18898637
>but I'm very sure we also simply ignore tons of shit which was going on back then and made it miserable.

nope

/x/ (and a lot of other boards) used to move faster back then too, 4chan has been dying for the past 5 years or so
>>
http://www.haxan.com/archived/freakylinks/WWWFRE~1.COM/HUBPAG~1.HTM
>>
>>18898159
what did I just listen to.
>>
>>18902622
I'm genuinely curios how much impact the X-Files had on the conspiracy theorist "scene" and it's development.
>>
>>18905918
How much has the traffic declined on the minor boards?
I know /b/ became substantially more shit than it already was and lost quite a bot of relevancy and following gamergate, /pol/, a before that half dead board, emerged as the most important board of 4chan.
>>
What about public access channels? I have charter cable, and I can't seem to find anything.

https://youtu.be/EdzLFNELeCI
>>
File: lsl1120141280jpg-b171d3_1280w.jpg (199KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
lsl1120141280jpg-b171d3_1280w.jpg
199KB, 1280x720px
>>18889671
I don't. It was more or less boring.
>clearly tons of fake old photos of spoops
>shitty pics of mist, orbs and bugs in cemeteries people claimed were spoops
>Ted the Caver actually bored me after a while. I kept thinking if I read the whole thing the payoff won't be good and I was right

Granted there were some good stuff like forums that told you where to go to find local spoops and reading about experiences was fun and "Screamers" were fun also before YouTube. You thought you were playing a game or staring at a "Shit Brix" photo and out comes some crazy demon bitch screaming at you.

Also, PC video games and screensavers (they didn't have to be horror) all had a creepy vibe to them and I miss that. The pixelated animation really drew me in, in an unsettling way (pic related).
Thread posts: 127
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.