[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does the cockpit audio actually exist? I was six years old when

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

Does the cockpit audio actually exist? I was six years old when I watched this tragedy live. Still haunts me as it was when I realized what death really was.
>>
I have no idea about cockpit audio, but I was 8 and saw it live as well. We all watched it in class together during school, (first teacher in space) then had a big assembly later that day due to the disaster and all that.
>>
I can still picture sitting in my great aunts kitchen watching it happen. Fucked me up BAD. Clearest memory I have from that young age.

So many fucking feels. Never should have launched in cold weather. Fuck management, they never listen.
>>
>>18887344
i'm no nasa analyst but nah, no one lived thru it.
>>
>>18887701
Wrong. The front end of the shuttle didn't explode. You have to look closely during the video. They died on impact with the water.
>>
>>18887901
How is he wrong then? If you're going to act pretentious to come off as intelligent, don't get too excited that you have the opportunity.
>>
File: Chal.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Chal.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>18887901
sorry but anyone with common sense knows the explosion killed them. i know you're on /x/ but sometimes common sense, prevails. as exotic as it sounds that they survived and then drowned...well tabloids and now clickbait lure suckers in.
>>
>>18887909
No. Some of them survived the explosion. The survivors died when the debris fell into the water.
This anon is right. >>18887901

Three of the crew got their personal oxygen turned on after the main supply was cut by the explosion. They fell twelve miles, alive. Straight to their death on impact with the ocean.
>>
That would suck..

>survive explosion

>get oxygen turned on

>all to survive a 12 mile fall to the ocean

>SPLASH

>DEAD!!
>>
>>18887938
Crew compartment never lost pressurization.
>>
>>18887938
Juat checked

>falling 2 miles per minute

>alive for 6 mins

>>18887942
I misunderstood the reply above me then about the personal oxygen comment
>>
>>18887951
No. You understood perfectly. They had main oxygen from the shuttle and personal oxygen for emergency. Plus the cabin was pressurized. They were likely all alive until they hit the water. The cabin stayed pressurized after the explosion and they had their personal oxygen. You understood perfectly.
>>
>>18887951
Not only did you understand the oxygen situation, here's something to make your scenario worse. The crew compartment stabilized into a nose down position. They got to watch the Atlantic rush towards them. Shit is tragic.
>>
>>18887958
>>18887964
Ya.. tragic is the best word to describe this incident.

I remember watching this in 4th or 5th grade live on tv. My teacher at the time supposedly was well acquainted with the the teacher on board and I just remember the horror on her face when shit went boom.

At the time I understood what happened but didn't really understand like you do when you are an adult.. like I do now.

>tragic.

So I know the op is probably from the enquierer or some shit but if all the above is true, is there a tape out there of those 6 mins till they hit the ocean?

I honestly thought it was all over when it exploded and everything said in this thread is new to me so you can tell I'm not up to date with the ins and outs of what happened.
>>
>>18887983
There is no audio. The above image is from The Weekly World News. All the stories in that rag were fabrications.
>>
>>18888003
Figured as much.

Not trying to be morbid but technically there could be some audio locked away at nasa.

If the oxygen system was able stay pressurized and not fail then maybe the audio system stayed intact as well.

>sad thoughts for what that audio would be

Anyways.. thanks for the little history lesson anon(s).
>>
>>18888037
It's possible. If anything does exist, it'll never be released. At least not in our lifetime.
>>
>>18887909
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Shuttle_Challenger_disaster#Cause_and_time_of_death
Common sense means nothing here -- why would your common sense apply to this most uncommon of circumstances?
>>
Worse way to go...plunging into the Atlantic at 207mph, or human toast?

screwedthepooch.jpg
>>
>>18887344
>weekly world news
There's your answer
>>
>>18887930
>>18888332
sorry but a wiki link? really? oh it HAS to be right, its on a wiki?

I'm going to assume that you're adults with common sense. file a FOIA. get something done. OR..believe the wiki(s) and lol fucking tabloids.
>>
>>18888003
actually a very small percentage of their stories were true, or partially true. usually really small bylines that were sometimes funny or quirky, but never anything like the batboy, horse with the face of a man, aliens living in mt shasta etc.
>>
>>18887964
why couldnt they survive the impact?
crew compartment was blown off from rest of the ship at the initial explosion and nothing could slow down their speed?
no emergency brakes or parachute was working from what we know?
and they just fell for few minutes and died on impact with water?
>>
>>18887964
>>18888609

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSoT1ZIoTT4

isnt that a parachute at 17 min and onward? is it not enough to slow the speed?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.