[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

does anyone else create languages? Languages themselves can be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 250px-Conlangflag.svg.png (6KB, 250x155px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Conlangflag.svg.png
6KB, 250x155px
does anyone else create languages? Languages themselves can be pretty paranormal. Take the Egyptian language for example. I personally use a constructed language for personal magickal purposes.
>>
OP here AMA
>>
>>18878376
What is the etymology of your language?
>>
>>18878401
Thats a very long topic, please ask something more specific.
>>
>>18878414
Conlanger here

What is your current language modeled on, if anything?
>>
>>18878449
Well, it definitely has a sort of Polynesian feel to it as far as the sound goes, but it wasn´t specifically modeled after any natural language. Though, its being very extensively developed for the purposes of evolving into a natural language over the next several decades.
>>
>>18878449
I´m definitely not an expert in linguistics myself, so I´ve had the assistance of a professional to trail along as I´ve been creating. Helping me to identify issues, irregularities, and the like.

I´ve always been attracted to the idea of having a family traditional language to speak with my children and spouse, and eventually extended family.
>>
>>18878472
Neat

One of my langs has a Polynesian / Ryukyuan feel. I use that one for poetic magic.
>>
>>18878449
>>18878472
Nonetheless, the language´s current function is to be used in magickal/ritual practice.
>>
>>18878493
How far along is it with development?
>>
Actually, removing the capability to communicate through symbols would result in an increase of other senses and, more specifically, would allow them (Humans) to develop telepathic and direct brain-to-brain communication skills. This would take them a step further in evolution. And that's why the designers implanted the verbal communication instinct in their DNA, so as to guarantee they will never evolve into free beings. Verbal communication is a cancer that keeps you down in the evolutionary chain
>>
>>18878503
nice
>>
>>18878503
That reminds me, I´ve tried to make a constructed sign language.
>>
>he doesn't community by rapid dessiminations of light and fields of force

Cmon!
>>
>>18878486
That's a fun idea. There's an entire town that decided to do that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boontling

>>18878499
It has a full grammar, but only about 300 words. I don't come up with words until I need them lol
>>
>>18878771
Tell me about the grammar? What purposes does your lang serve?
>>
>>18878774
SOV word order, as is common in Asian / Pacific languages

Modifiers go before the object if they're permanent, and after if they're temporary

Verbs do not use a tense system, as is in Chinese languages.

Adjectives and nouns are conjugated in relation to the human body; hands / arms, feet / legs, torso, head, eyes, mouth, or whole body. There's also a special conjugation for words in relation to being handmade.

Those are the basics.

I guess you could call it an artistic language. I use it only for magic through poetry, and using it for chatting or whatever would take getting used to because it has a lot of homonyms and false friends.
>>
>>18878820
That's really cool. Do you speak it with anyone else?
>>
>>18879117
Nope, it's 100% personal. A few people have seen it in writing before but they haven't really asked because the script looks a lot like a plain Asian script.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.