[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I bought this comic book from a book sale. I just liked the cover

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: Swamp_Thing_Vol_2_56.jpg (627KB, 1260x1922px) Image search: [Google]
Swamp_Thing_Vol_2_56.jpg
627KB, 1260x1922px
I bought this comic book from a book sale. I just liked the cover art, thought it was cool. Wasn't at all familiar with the series, never even heard of it. I don't even read comics.

I read this damn thing and it's basically solipsism. The dude makes a whole world and tries convince himself it's real.

Then I thought damn, if I DID create this world and wanted to let myself know, I'd put hints like this out in this "world".

Wake up. WAKE UP.
Lol jk but it did get me thinking about that one creepypasta pic that was circulating a couple of years ago, where they try to convince you that it was trying to wake you up or something of the sort.

Anyway what's up my dudes! I don't fuck with solipsism since really you can't disprove it but you can't prove it either so there's no point in considering it. But it's an interesting thought. Even more interesting would be if it weren't true.

But what if it was true on a macro scale... As in we are all one, and we have cognized this world of ourselves.
>>
>>18868795
I should mention that since then, I've read one (1) other Swamp Thing comic and honestly? The art IS cool but the story line wasn't great. Cool art for sure.
>>
File: 52.jpg (57KB, 300x455px) Image search: [Google]
52.jpg
57KB, 300x455px
Somehow you managed to avoid any amount of deep the comic has.

I admire your intellectual ninja skills.
>>
>>18868795
is it worth anything?
>>
>>18868848
A surprising amount of money, it's a classic and it's written by Alan Moore.
>>
>>18868813
To be fair I read 2 random books in the set and had no idea what the premise of the story was. The other one was Vol 2 60, which I don't think is related to the storyline too much. I read the Q&A at the end and I think I can respect the authors, I just think the comics I read at least were a bit corny. Ya know? Like good ol' comic book corny. What you'd expect from the 80's.

>>18868848
I doubt it but I haven't checked! I'll check now
>>
>>18868863
You got me excited for a second but they're on eBay for like $3
>>
>>18868870
BUT they're pretty cool to have. not all value is financial.

side note, anyone else feel a rush of achievement when you misinform captcha?
>>
File: RCO016.jpg (500KB, 1200x1910px) Image search: [Google]
RCO016.jpg
500KB, 1200x1910px
The entireity of the Alan Moore and Rick Veitch runs are well worth reading. They goes places.
>>
>>18868795
I like the one where he is abducted and raped by a sentient alien spacecraft
>>
>>18868795
so what happens? Swamp Thing is just floating in space for some reason?
>>
"My dudes" *sigh* what about females
>>
>>18871126
It's connected to a story arc. Lex Luthor constructs a weapon to destroy him, but it ends up catapulting his ethereal body way off into space.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.