[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm planning a roadtrip to areas most associated with the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: bigfoot.jpg (266KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
bigfoot.jpg
266KB, 900x900px
I'm planning a roadtrip to areas most associated with the paranormal. I've got a few ideas down like the Mojave Desert or Northern Wyoming. What are some other good places?

Hopefully, I'll come into contact with something unexplainable.
>>
Washington State in general, home of big foot, first international sighting of flying saucers, full of ghost towns, tons of missing peoples reports. Though if I had to pick a spot it would be South Central or South West section of the state.
>>
>>18852090
Florida.

Take the vaccines first tough.
>>
Mojave desert is a good choice, or a lot of places in the west. Lots of ghost towns too.

Also, Skin Walker ranch:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skinwalker_Ranch
>>
>>18852090

>going looking for trouble

Well, good luck man...
>>
You're planning a road trip to experience imaginary things?

You're just going to spend a ton of money on gas and fast food. Just fucking go to Vegas or something.
>>
>>18852323
I mean, it sounds like a fun trip really.
If nothing else OP will have fun camping.
At worst OP gets raped in the desert by crazies
>>
>>18852323
He could at least explore ghost towns and the such.

>You're just going to spend a ton of money on gas and fast food. Just fucking go to Vegas or something.

lmao, like Vegas is any better for money
>>
>>18852323

The volume of sightings lends some confidence to the idea of me seeing something. And to your comment about vegas, Fuck vegas. It's a waste of time.
>>
File: IMG00160.jpg (396KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG00160.jpg
396KB, 1600x1200px
http://www.ghosttowns.com/

http://www.v-j-enterprises.com/mojave.html

Have fun OP, make sure you take plenty of pictures, maybe share with us

pic kinda related
>>
>>18852090
The Bell Witch cave in Tennessee. You may need the property owner's permission to enter the cave, I'm not sure how fine the current owner is with it. Anyway, once you are in the cave talk about how you think the bell witch haunting was fake stories. Should give you an experience. Also don't go in there alone while talking about how you think it's all fake because one possible experience is being unable to get up without assistance.

Also if you plan on doing any camping in the woods to experience bigfoot stuff you should plan more for an 8 day camping trip. With that time frame you should be guaranteed a sighting. Just going out into the wood whooping and hollering will turn away any animal. Let the area get used to your presence and let what's there try to drive you away. You should be alright, just keep your car nearby.
>>
>>18852473
This, Bigfoot is very shy to people
>>
>>18852090
-Roswell, NM
-Salem, MA
-The Winchester House in California
>>
Land between the lakes Kentucky, brown springs Oklahoma. Also if you do go enjoy your death rip
>>
Maka eure you're armed. Where there's abandoned buildings, there's tweakers.
>>
>>18852299
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skinwalker_Ranch
so basically it was a hoax to sell the property and it apparently worked
>>
>>18852090
Point Pleasant, WVA
>>
>>18852363
Wasting money in Vegas is literally 20x better than the autistic sperg shit that OP is planning to do.
>>
>>18852631

The only thing good about vegas is hookers, and you can't even use em' in vegas proper. The other thing, Gambling, is the greatest waste of time crafted by the human race.

Plus, already been to Vegas.
>>
File: serveimage-1.png (23KB, 319x237px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage-1.png
23KB, 319x237px
If you're going into Bigfoot country alone, carry a 1000 lumen flashlight, minimum.

A very bright flashlight is good predator deterrent in general. At night you can spot the eyes of animals watching you from a great distance. If you hold it on an animal it will not want to approach you. If a wolf or a cougar is staring at you from the brush, and you hold a light on its eyes until it blinks and looks away, you've established dominance, and it will generally leave you alone.

Sasquatches themselves may or may not have eyeshine. Higher primates don't have a Tapedum Lucidum: the reflective layer at the back of the eye. But then some witnesses do report eyeshine from them.

Also carry a rifle if you can. It is legal to carry firearms in all National parks, but you may have to convince a ranger or Fish and Game officer you aren't poaching. The best way is to say you're looking for Bigfoot tracks and you want to defend yourself if they attack you. They'll think you're crazy, not a poacher.

If you think you're being stalked or surrounded by Sasquatch, start shouting as if calling to other people. Back out quickly.

>>18852479
>Bigfoot is very shy to people
But it's possible they will kill and eat you, depending on the group. And if they get the idea you're not from the area and won't be missed by locals. Keep in mind that Sasquatches hunt and travel in groups. If you spot one, assume there's more nearby.

>18852323
>fast food
You can eat cheaply and well on the road if you take the time to stop at grocery stores. Use a camp stove to cook for yourself.
>>
People of the Capital Wasteland, it is I, Three Dog, your ruler! Hear me, and obey! Oh sorry, that's that other radio station.
>>
>>18852583
and to push the most boring book about the supernatural ever written.

that fucking thing was dreadful.
>>18854334
carry 4, and 3-5 fully charged cells for each. also carry chemlights to drop into deep holes to see if they are fall to you doom or not, and a IR strobe in case you need to be rescued.

and get insect repellent permethrin clothing like the stuff insectshield sells.

and spray your tent with permetherin, as well as the groundcover. and even parts of your car. you will thank me later. ticks are going to be a motherfucker this year.
>>
>>18854385
My favorite flashlight build is a 6 D-cell incandescent Maglite with the Fusion 3D drop-in replacement bulb, and a clear glass lens replacement (lets a LOT more light through)

This is less than half the price of the stock Maglite LED flashlights, and twice as bright.

• $35 https://www.amazon.com/Maglite-Heavy-Duty-Incandescent-Flashlight-Display/dp/B0002JT3JS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1491323633&sr=8-1&keywords=maglite+6+d+incandescent
• $8 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00J5S17MS/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1UARY9HIIQ9S
• $27 http://www.thefusionlite.com/10lufu.html (half the price if you order direct from here)

About $80 with the shipping you'll pay. This is the best value flashlight buildout I've found, and I have a lot of flashlights. You can get cheaper high-output LED flashlights, but they usually use a non-standard rechargeable battery that doesn't last long and wears out in just a few charges. A converted Maglite will run for over 15 hours, and usues standard batteries. And you can always use it as a club if you have to.
>>
>>18854539
I'm a Malkoff man myself, when it comes to 6-D Mag-Lite conversions.

but 18650's are cheap as shit, and the 1000 lumen lights are decent.
>>
>>18854833
>Malkoff
Requires a cut-off reflector.
Doesn't publish output stats for the device.
Price point is higher than every conversion but the Terralux.

Maybe it's turned out awesome for you, but I don't see the advantage.

(also 18650 batteries are the ones that always crap out on me. maybe you had a better brand and charger i dunno)
Dubs checked, though.
>>
>>18852090
I am a bigfoot, you'll never find me. So do not try!
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.