[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>So I was attending this Vipassana meditation course. >On

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

>So I was attending this Vipassana meditation course.
>On the evening on the 3rd day during Anapana-meditation i started seeing this little fiend, with horns and predator teeth making grimaces at me, layered unto my vision both when I had my eyes closed and when I had them opened.
>These visions continued during the night and I was quite astonished experiencing them.
>The next day i started seeing silhouettes in lotus postures and different mandalas.
>I didn't notice it any longer when I didn't focus on it and just followed the meditation guidelines.

I am wondering what your perspective of the nature of these visions are. Did I during meditation unlock an ability to see projections of my subconscious or did I unlock an ability to see the fiend and the silhouettes which were conscious living entities outside of me or were it all a result of a hyperactivity of neurotransmitters in my brain or some other biological mechanism?
What do you think?
>>
*perspectives on
>>
>>18850397
probably a thoughtform you made, try killing him
>>
>>18850437
It's a long time ago though. How does one kill a thoughtform? By not giving it attention or by visualizing slicing it up or something like that?
>>
>>18850446
just check if hes still around
if not then hes dead / wasnt your creation
if around then you can kill him with any visualization method you want, then no more attention after that
>>
>>18850447
Ok, thanks.
Can one create a thoughtform unconsciously? Are they subjugated to my will or subconscious imagination/do they seem to have their own like characters in a dream or what is their nature? Can I give them some sort of free will/consciousness or are they just subdued my imagination whether conscious or subconscious?
What created him if I didn't?
>>
*own will
>>
>>18850397
I think you're just meditating wrong senpai.
>>
>>18850548
I think I was doing it right following the instructions of perceiving/paying attention to the sensations created by the breath on the triangle below the nostrils.
Gradually I also felt an increasingsly tingling sensations a little above the between of my eyebrows and then these disturbing to the meditation but fascinating hallucinations started showing themselves for me..
>>
*also between my eye brows
>>
>>18850586
Yeah just try to balance between focus and relaxation, while thinking about your own state of mind in the present. That's how they do it at the Shaolin Temple anyway (sauceing the monk at Tedx). If you're still seeing stuff, then by all means keep going, and document. Don't let me tell you how to live your life of course.
>>
>>18850594
Thanks for the meditation suggestion. Perhaps I'll try that. I think the combination of Anapana and Vipassana meditation are different from the Shaolin approach although they probably have similarities.
I'm not hallucinating/having visions anymore although I can produce/see some if I close my eyes and look at the dots on the eyelid, which then can form into shapes according to my imagination or state of mind or just random. It's not something I am experimenting with these days though.
>>
*seemingly random
>>
File: IMG_0112.jpg (16KB, 173x215px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0112.jpg
16KB, 173x215px
>>18850637
Best of luck! Stay safe.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.