[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok, so enlighten me Was "Devil cast out for not bowing down

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: 800px-Hieronymus_Bosch_073.jpg (222KB, 800x963px) Image search: [Google]
800px-Hieronymus_Bosch_073.jpg
222KB, 800x963px
Ok, so enlighten me
Was "Devil cast out for not bowing down to humans" only muslim thing, or is it also in Christian lore?
>>
>>18849486
IIRC, the devil was/is a fairly new addition to Christianity
There was always a Satan, or opposer, but the whole "Lucifer was thrown from heaven" was added in centuries after Christianity took off
>>
>>18849488
no, it's an old concept taken directly from tanakh
>>
Yes it's the same story
>>
>>18849486
Not really for not bowing. He just had a thought. The origin of that thought is/was never explained. I'll keep asking, though.
>>
I was taught this as a Christian. God created humans to come into his family, the fallen angels chimped out at us being given more authority. Basically satan got jelly becomes lefty betafag in heaven starts demonstrating to protest, gets rekt. Now he's in/on earth somewhere planning his next chimp out session. I think he has the help of the nephilim and globalists n shit
>>
>>18849488
What if Lucifer was just a man
>>
>>18849509
Are you still a Christian?
>>
Satan did nothing wrong
>>
>>18849509
You know what...I was thinking and...
According to Christianity, Humans are top of creation, supreme beings, only being inferior than God himself, in whose image we are created.
What if Satan and his followers try to deceit us not only because they hate us, but because they also fear us, that one day, we will punish them for disobedience after second coming and ascension, when our full potentials will be revealed.
>>
>>18849527
Makes sense. I mean god is a petty, vicious cunt so it stands to reason we are as bad as him and will take delight in torturing and raping his angels when we ascend

Or maybe humanity isn't nearly as bad as you think and Christianity is violent and retarded because it's an ancient religion cooked up by sand niggers

BUT WHAT'S THE CHANCES OF THAT. PRAISE JESUS, PEACE BE UPON HIM
>>
>>18849523

Yes I am
>>
>>18849527
Thats interesting. I mean god isn't in control of any men clearly considering the world is fucked. We need to be sure to look for the right guy and put him in charge. I don't think god ever stops existing its up to man to make him want to do something to help.
>>
>>18849527

your on the right track
>>
>>18849543
How can you memorize the entire Bible?
>>
>>18849546
It's logical, since we are created as his children, not slaves and he will not interfere with our free will
However, humans (ascended ones, I mean) do not need leader, but a father, that is God.
>>
>>18849558

Never tried to, just read it as a story or history book
>>
In This Thread:
HFY: Christian Edition
>>
Muslim here, a bit religious, too.

I don't quite remember anything like this
>>
>>18849486

ITT: undocumented guesses, opinions, and "i'm vaguely trying to remember something i heard in sunday school 15 years ago from a sunday school teacher whose biblical education was her own sunday school classes 15 years before that"

OP, go read Paradise Lost, and then read a little about when it was written and how closely it ties to original bible writing vs later church doctrine. and don't ask crazy children on a japanese message board difficult questions about ancient literature.
>>
>>18849563
I agree. I still think having a uniting force from some one who is closest to him is important. The world is too big for theoretical. Oh well what do I really know
>>
>>18849578
>complains about opinions and vagueness of replies
>Recommends Paradise Lost

That's another level of irony.
>>
>>18849693
Do you even know what irony is? Because that's not irony.
Have you even read Paradise Lost?
>>
>>18849578
>FOOL, YOU DONT UNDERSTAND.
>>
Sticking to a purely mythological interpretation rather than gnostic or some silly attempt at rendering everything into a symbol ala paradoxography/rationalism. And as far as I can tell without going outside the Abrahamic source material to link things up to other deities the story is common to all Abrahamic mythology.

Satan and Lucifer are distinct entities that are often misconstrued as the same. As in the book of Job, Satan isn't a demon cast into the Abyss but rather he sits at God's right hand in judgement of all creation (possibly even God), not just humanity.

As for the idea of Lucifer being cast out for not bowing to man, this is consistent with most versions of the story but again the impetus is often misconstrued as mere rebelliousness. As Adam Kadmon was "made in God's image" but also occupied a place in the cosmology (The Kingdom, Earth) that Lucifer considered to be basal, below him. It was simply not within Lucifer's nature to bow to Adam.

In my mind this brings to light a contradiction in attempting to explain (the seemingly infallible) God's motivation for creating two beings so opposed to each other that Lucifer cannot simultaneously adhere to his nature and God's will. One of the few satisfactory explanations that has God retaining his infallibility goes something like: The fall of Man and the Angels was part of the plan all along, the proverbial breaking of eggs to make an omelette.
>>
>>18849486
Nope. In Christianity he was an angel that wanted to defeat God and waged war against him so God burnt the rebel angels wings and threw them to Earth as fallen angel.

They then misled Adam and Eve as revenge. The bowing story is only in the Quran. Also, this whole tale isn't in the Bible. The Bible doesn't even mention the Satan in Genesis. It's just a serpent that was interpreted to be 'possessed' by the Devil.
>>
>>18849576
It's in the Quran, Dumbass.

Allah taught Adam the names of all creation and made him superior to angels with such knowledge and asked them to bow to him.

While Iblis ( Satan ) was a jinn who was so pious that he had been raised to the status of angels. He argued that he was made of smokeless for while man was made from dirt so why should he bow to man? And was punished for his disobedience.
>>
>>18849553
>Your on the right track
And you're not.
>>
>>18849792
>Also, this whole tale isn't in the Bible.

Because it's false.

The gnostic story is the authentic one, in the gnostic story, the snake makes them realize how naked they are spiritually and many things happen, so they see the bullshit a lot.
In the gnostic story the snake is GUD.
>>
File: Salty christians in 3 2 1.jpg (120KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
Salty christians in 3 2 1.jpg
120KB, 640x640px
>>18849486
>>
>>18849499
Pride, he thought he could be God only better than God. He committed the original sin, the first of God's creations to have sinned.
>>
>>18849578
>OP, go read Paradise Lost
That would be like reading American Gods to educate yourself on Asatru.

The Romantic period was influenced by the Islamic Golden Age happening at the same time, so Milton might not be your best source for Christian doctrine.
>>
File: from mama with lovw.jpg (100KB, 595x582px) Image search: [Google]
from mama with lovw.jpg
100KB, 595x582px
>>18849486
It Muslim tale. More than that, it's probably pagan as well, knowing that earhole of Prophet.
Christian point of view is basically this: Non serviam. Satan by his pure free will decided that sayng "Fuck you" to God is good idea. So God resected will of Ol' Lucy and allwoed him to be as seprated from God as one can be. He will deal with him later, he is useful know.
Christian Satan is archetype and father of all SJWs.
>>18849488
Wrong on many levels, new age fag.
>>
File: irenaeus-of-lyons-smug.jpg (131KB, 620x387px) Image search: [Google]
irenaeus-of-lyons-smug.jpg
131KB, 620x387px
>>18850012
>After all this years, still BTFO
Glorious.
>>
>>18849578
I'm in a class on Milton and it's actually ridiculous how much Paradise Lost and Milton in general influenced the Protestant Christian thought. Almost every misconception about Christian theology comes from Milton including
>Humans turn into Angels upon death
>In Heaven you get to see your dead family (in tradition being one with God was heaven's only real incentive)
>The snake was Satan (although that is rooted in older biblical theories)
>Affirmed the Eve was made after Adam
>Affirmed that Satan and rev.'s Dragon are the same
>Completely made up the battle in heaven based off the war in heaven as told in rev.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.