[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You know whats the most scariest thing above all else? Knowing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 189
Thread images: 21

You know whats the most scariest thing above all else? Knowing that when you die, there will be nothingness. A void, no self aware, no thoughts, no memories, no feelings of any kind. Nothing. That scares the living hell out of me /x/. I really wish there was proof of an afterlife of some kind that would put me at ease.
>>
I've been feeling like this also for the past few days, been anxious af
>>
>>18848793
Same actually. I've been scared because I really will miss doing shit now that im alive. From eating to laughing to seeing etc.
>>
>>18848786
That would only be scary if you were for some reason anticipating danger, which you wouldn't be, if you weren't self-aware and all that.

However, I've been led to believe that the truth of life after death is far more terrifying. That is 200% only something I have been told to feel, however.
>>
>>18848786
Void does put me at ease.

Think of religion had it wrong, or you've been following the wrong god, you end up in an eternity of pain memories of your loved ones who lived similar lives will join you when you die.

Void, total nothingness is hard to comprehend but comfortable compared to damnation.
>>
The eye of the hurricane , A n x i e t y .
Well, you have a long lifetime to find a proof that makes you believe in something beyond physical and life.
Many people are looking for it.
Some people find it.
/bonusfortuna/
>>
>>18848806
Bad typing, on my phone
>When they die
>>
>>18848806
Op here. I rather be damned in hell for "eternity" than have nothingness for eternity. It sounds crazy but I enjoy having self awareness.
>>
>>18848812
You've clearly never been to hell before
>>
>>18848786
I'm not going to try and convince you of some sort of afterlife. However, all I would like to point out is that your fear is totally irrational.

You can't experience nothing, its impossible, the void you talk of simply does not exist, and believe me kid, I wish it was that simple I wish there was a place where there was "Nothing"

Fact of the matter is there isn't and the most terrifying thing about all this, is that it will never fucking end.

If I believed what you did, I would be at ease
>>
>>18848808
I have a weird feeling that everything can end in one moment, without us realizing, but when I think about it. I could have just died from a aneurism and the world would still be going. Life isn't certain.
>>
>>18848819
I still rather existing than not to exist at all.
>>
>>18848826
You're thinking is flawed, your ego will cease to exist, but you won't be in a void of nothingness.

You just can't wrap your mind around the fact that in reality, there is nothing but existence.

There is no such thing as non existence, its only a concept. Its not a real thing.
>>
>>18848842
No, there has to be some(pseudo)thing else
This is retarded
This cannot be everything
>>
>>18848824
i get it...And I understand ... at least in this thread.
I have had near-death experiences too, done by people intentionally or coincidences of life.
But that's not the thread.
The fear of death, the search for evidence
and the ''Death''
They are natural stages of existence.
Fearing every day of dying could be a psychological problem or existential problem. (and each of them has a solution
>>
>>18848847
I'm not speaking from a point of no experience, and you're most likely the same age as some of my children. I have extensive experience with altered states of consciousness in where I remember beyond a shadow of a doubt what this is all about.

But if you would like to entertain the thought that you're scared of the "nothingness" and believe that there is nothing else than what you see.

Then you go ahead and believe that, beliefs won't change anything.
>>
>>18848786
If you ponder the subject a lot then yes you will feel scared about it. Awareness of our own mortality is a heavy burden to carry.

Usually I just keep my mind occupied with other things, though the other night I was in bed thinking about death and I was overcome suddenly with a sensation of existential dread. It was like the fact that one day I would die had only just dawned on me, even though obviously I had known that since I was a child. The feeling lasted about 10 seconds or so and then subsided.

It's normal and healthy to fear death, but if it consumes you then I'm sorry but you're just weak minded.
>>
>>18848857

How to achieve the altered minds of consciousness and what exactly did you experience that proves there's an afterlife for you? Thanks
>>
>>18848857
No I mean that there has to be some(pseudo)thing outside of "existence" and "states", right? This weird "things happening" dynamic can't be it. I mean, that's incredibly finite.
>>
>>18848786
Sounds quite comfy tbqh.
>>
>>18848900
>How to achieve the altered minds of consciousnessand.

Through the use of Dmt, and I'm not one of those people who are just namedropping, I literally have over 10 years experience with it. A few ayahuasca experiences.

But the dmt breakthroughs are the ones that will show you that you're eternal.

>and what exactly did you experience that proves there's an afterlife for you? Thanks

I have hundreds of breakthroughs, I could go on forever about little specifics. But the one thing that is true to all of them, the one underlying truth, is that you're not your body, no one is.
>>
>>18848900
>>18848910

And with this understanding, comes an understanding of how duality works and why its here.

I will say this, I'm glad you don't agree with me, it makes me feel alive.
>>
I just cried because of this thread

Fuck
>>
>>18848786
I mean even your picture doesn't reflect your post op. You're trying to describe a void, at best you could have put a blank picture, white or black, that wouldn't make a difference.

I think you have a fear of the unknown, not what you call void and nothingness
>>
>>18848786
I'm basically already there. When I go to sleep I just drift, I can't seem to dream as a person very often. I am lucky to still remember words, the spirits around me have gone silent like they are in a deep sleep as well. I feel half way inside and outside of my body, soon I won't feel it any longer and perhaps I will be gone. Just silent loneliness. I listen to my heart and it says I will be dead soon. It seems that when I awaken it maybe I am alive for a short time, only to sleep once more.
>>
>>18848927
sorry man. But im in the same boat.
>>18848935
It's the description in OP..please read it in full.
>>
why are there so many normies on /x/. anyone faintly familiar with /x/ topics already knows you have an immortally developing spirit.

this is like age 14 edgy nihilist atheist posts.
>>
>>18848952
I sometimes wonder the same thing anon, I guess like all thing, it comes down to the ego.

My post as well as yours. I agree with the immortality part (not so much the development).

At least it gives us something to watch
>>
>>18848958
like i understand how someone could feel this way back in like, hmm, 2008. but we have the internet now and we have access to SO much information regarding the occult mysteries at our fingertips. just take the greenpill already you fuckin nihilist nerds lol
>>
Except no one actually knows that.
>>
The soul has got to exist, otherwise this is all pointless
>>
>>18848967
soul exists but its transient, your etheric and astral bodies eventually dissolve. your spirit though is immortal and is constantly evolving towards total re-union with the Creator
>>
>>18848963
There will always be people who don't know, there has to be.

Reality breaks when they all know, and this place is good for a laugh
>>
File: 1376513917670.jpg (6KB, 207x244px) Image search: [Google]
1376513917670.jpg
6KB, 207x244px
>>18848803
>>18848823
it's not even summer and edgemaster larping is already happening in full force
>>
>>18848973
I been around these parts since 2006, don't make silly assumptions on everyone behind every post you don't like
>>
>>18848973
shitpost
>>
When you are out of your body you can still see this world.. and it's extensions. Good to get a handle on this before you go. It sucks to try to get back in your body and it's just not working.. your effort to get back in and wake up get pretty creepy when you just keep sliding off of it.. I mean, if you can't get back in it, where are you gonna go? You try looking around the room.. there is no other place you belong.. It is just you and that body and you just gotta get back in and wake it up.

I'm sure there are places that you can go.. and places that can come to you. It's all just a learning experience, really.
>>
>>18848971

Just because there is massive evidence doesn't make it true.

We won't "know" until we die. If you "know", you don't and also you're gay.
>>
>>18848826

YOu dont know of what you speak. Hell is not as you imagine. Annihilation would be preferable to hell.

If you guys could see that there are realities so far beyond ours, and that there is a heaven and a hell, it would terrify you more than annihilation.
>>
>>18848786
Even if it's so, it's not something we can change so why should we care? You can't avoid death, what you can do however, is try to experience as much as you can and just enjoy life. Even if our existence seems ultimately meaningless, the fact that we exist at all is a reason to just roll with it and be happy.
>>
File: 1419486352248.gif (831KB, 225x183px) Image search: [Google]
1419486352248.gif
831KB, 225x183px
>>18849032
What fresh hells have you been dragged through anon?
>>
>>18848786
What calms me down when I think of this is that it won't matter because you won't know. You will just be gone. It's not like you will still be there thinking oh I can't do anything. It will be over
>>
>>18848786

Why is that scary? It would probably bother me as much as before I was born
>>
>>18849098
Genius
>>
>>18848786
I personally believe in a strange lovechild of reincarnation and nietzches ubermensch.
>reincarnation; after death you are reborn again
>nietzches ubermensch
What I recall anyway was that if you lived your life over and over the same events no matter what and endured you would become the superman (ubermensch)

So what it bois down to is that I will die and then I will be born again to the same time period, same parents, have the same little brother and live the same life.

Better than an empty void.
>>
>>18848786
I find this comforting rather than frightening. Certainly, I have a curiosity as to what will happen after I go. If there was some way to observe long after my physical self perishes I would do it, just to sate that interest in the unknowable future.

But the idea of nothingness seems like such a kind relief.
>>
>>18848786
You should watch rick & morty and/or bowjack horseman . 2 cartoons that deal with those kind of feelings. Ofc you could choose ignorance and become religious, but thats just a way to ignore the problem... one could as well be drunk all the time. But that too wont solve anything
>>
>>18849123
>Ofc you could choose ignorance and become religious
>implying he knows what religious means
nice try empiricist.
>>
>>18848786
If your not self aware then you won't even know you died. Mark Twain once said as was dead for billions of years before I was born and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience. Most theories suggest even religious ones suggest that consciousness is a form of energy, which Physics taught us can not be destroyed but rather transfered or preserved, considering this most people think death is an end to consciousness meaning it would be destroyed, which if it is made of energy can not be destroyed. So there are two possibilities: one, you die and experience nothing in which case you wouldn't know it, or two, you consciousness is transferred somewhere else e.g an afterlife, another dimension, alternate universe, etc...
>>
>>18848786

I don't see why it should scare you, you won't exist to percieve it. If you die and it goes to nothingness, how will you know if you don't exist? If it just fades out, *you* won't ever know what it feels like / what happens, because you'll be gone, poof, your consciousness will vanish.

Of course, if you exist to perceive the void, then you're not really dead, some aspect of consciousness remains, then the void is nothing to be afraid of, it's just another thing to look at.

Either you continue to exist, or you cease to exist. If you cease to exist, you won't know what that feels like, because you will cease to exist, so if that's what happens, you won't know it, and if you continue to exist, huzzah.
>>
>>18848786
>when you die, there will be nothingness
i find that comforting, actually
>>
>>18849146

Basically what I said.
>>18849145
>>
File: reddit fuck off.jpg (160KB, 695x572px) Image search: [Google]
reddit fuck off.jpg
160KB, 695x572px
>>18849123
>You should watch rick & morty and/or bowjack horseman
>>
File: zeus.jpg (113KB, 500x417px) Image search: [Google]
zeus.jpg
113KB, 500x417px
>>18848786
>I really wish there was proof of an afterlife of some kind that would put me at ease.

I am a god, presumably that means there's an afterlife available...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNFha04GgVg
>>
File: gbEYKmZ.png (819KB, 826x862px) Image search: [Google]
gbEYKmZ.png
819KB, 826x862px
>>
>>18848786
I don't see how you can be scared by nothing. Nothing isn't good or bad, slow nor fast, boring or long. Its just nothing it has no beginning nor end. You don't experience nothing
>>
Yeah, pretty much what most people said Innthis thread. You can't experience nothing/eternity.

What helped me with my view on existentialism/absurdism (still gets to me) was eastern philosophy (specifically Taoism) and psychs (specifically mesc. I've yet to extract dmt from the root bark I have)

Now there is a downside to it sometimes. Knowing you are god deep down pass this ego illusion of "Kyle" which ofcourse your stuck in 99.9% of the time can make life feel really worthless in this reality.

I've experienced enough I feel and don't fear death. I just fear for the next 40+yrs I'm around will be like the past 10 that have been filled with depression,self loathing and anxiety.
>>
>>18848808
/bonus for tuna/?
>>
>>18849424
You can experience it, at least I kinda did. I once took a nihilistic line of questioning existence as far as I could during a trip. The world around me seemed to collapse. Nothing mattered to me anymore except me. I couldn't snap out of this state, that seemed to last forever, until I found a logical reason to live as a human again. Separate from my 'true' self. To experience tension. Without tension, I was impressed by nothing and felt like everything was nothing but an expression of me. As soon as I became aware of this thought, I felt that my shoulder had become dislocated. The pain of it brought me back on my feet and made me able to perceive meaningful differences again in the world.

I experienced quite vividly what Alan Watts meant by the ego being nothing but a 'chronic sensation of muscular strain'. I love the ego now. I keep myself pretty busy these days and life feels more meaningful now than ever.
>>
File: 1404699961753.jpg (11KB, 277x182px) Image search: [Google]
1404699961753.jpg
11KB, 277x182px
>>18849485
Welcome to the club, please enjoy your stay
>>
>>18849123
>You could watch a cartoon, or you could choose ignorance.

Almost spit my water out laughing, and I wasn't even drinking.
>>
>>18848786
This is just a belief OP.. It cannot be changed except through experience and a willingness to be open. Nobody has any proof of an afterlife.. I personally know there is more than nothingness.. But that's just me.
>>
>>18849547
This. Death is an unknown.

Many people unquestionably believe the void is an inevitability. That oblivion is a certainty. But this is just a form of faith.
>>
>>18849510
Well watching these was a great experience for me. Ofc cartoons dont have the answers but they can make you think about things from different perspectives... ofc there is no "best" way to get answers .. just saying I am glad i found those shows.
Probably should have said "you could.." instead of " you should.." . My fault
>>
We aren't going to die. Technology is fucking insane and it's only 2017, I mean we've already been working on anti-aging medicines and shit. Think about the insane technologies that will be available in fucking 2080 assuming you live healthy and you don't get shot by a dumb ass or hit by a car. Just live it out for a couple more decades and death will be irrelevant. That is until the world itself actually ends and the technologies can't keep us alive.

For those of you who don't agree with me however and you fear death, watch episode one of a show called the story teller. Really great show that tells old mythological tales with Jim Henson puppets involved. Episode 1 shows us how terrible it would be if nobody ever died, and it'll make you appreciate death a little more.
>>
>>18849485
I guess we have a different definition of nothingness then
>>
>>18848786
Let me try to put your mind at ease. 50 million cells in your body have just died and been replaced as you read this sentence. At this rate, you are practically in a constant state of being reborn, YET, your memories still remain intact. How can this be? As corny as it sounds, I believe this is the soul and your soul and memories are you and they don't stop functioning after you've used your physical body up.
>>
>Knowing that when you die, there will be nothingness.

Knowing?
You haven't died so how could you possibly know?

You're not scared of death, you are scared of the unknown.
>>
>>18848786
that doesn't sound scary at all but ideal.
Imagine being stuck in a place where everyone acted like a total goodie two shoes dork to get there.
you would share the same heaven as that annoying religion teacher who told you homosex was a sin.
>>
>>18848927
Are you 8?
>>
Me too OP, me too. And I'm young. I can't imagine what it will be like when I'm closer.
>>
>>18848786

>the most scariest thing

i'm troubled by the constant reminders that everyone on this fucking board is a 14-year old retard with no grasp of grammar, science, or logic, confidently advising each other on problems of metaphysics and existentialism that the greatest minds in human history have never conclusively solved.
>>
>>18848812
Me too OP. Why is this such a rare preference?
>>
>>18850282
>that the greatest minds in human history have never conclusively solved.
I wouldn't say ''solved'', but hasn't quantum physics proven that consciousness shapes our reality as we know it?
>>
>>18848823
I never understood this line of thinking. Eternity is freedom. Finality is terrifying because it means that there can never be more. Saying mortality is preferable is like telling a rat he is lucky he is in a cage because he doesn't have to think about where to go.
>>
>>18850245
>you are practically in a constant state of being reborn, YET, your memories still remain intact. How can this be? As corny as it sounds, I believe this is the soul
No.
>>
>>18848826
I doubt you would retain that opinion after ten trillion years of constant suffering.
>>
>>18850395
Nice argument, faggot.

>>18850398
What makes you say there will be constant suffering? Just because the three dimensional world is filled with it doesn't mean the afterlife will be the same.
>>
>>18848786

It exists. You''ll be fine, do not bother to find answers on how it is or what it looks like, you'll never get tangible truth other than the concrete knowledge that there is a life after physical death.
>>
:)
>>
>>18848952
Would you like them to go back? Leave you be in your echo chamber with no new or different perspectives?
>>
>>18848786

what are you talking about nigga?

after 40 years of a job, kids, and all that other bullshit in life, that shit sounds like some prime peace and quiet.

last thing i want is to be plagued by assholes in the afterlife...
>>
You alright 'experience' periods of this every god damn night. Multiple times. Fucking dumbass.
>>
>>18850245
Didn't know that my memories are stored in skin cells.
>>
>>18850245
Neurons don't do that. If that doesn't shit on your opinion hard enough, enjoy explaining away ultra specific neural damage coinciding with the exact ultra specific set of memories lost as the damaged area would predict. If that's to specialized for you, try any Alzheimer patient ever and explain why their memory degradation occurs 1:1 with neural degradation.

>DA BRIAN IS LIKE RADIO ANTENNA FOR SOUL

Do you have any evidence to justify adding this piece of information, and making a system more complicated based on conjecture? The fact that anything is technically possible is not a positive (constructive) argument, it only nukes the playing field into a skeptic plane of no-thought.
>>
>>18848786
Don't you have to be able to feel to be scared?
>>
>>18848786
I think if you were being raped and tortured by a bunch of Nigerians at the end of which you would have your head decapitated.

You would have a different opinion about that you little faggot.

I would give you 5 mins of torture and you would be begging for that void
>>
File: 1321873457426.jpg (23KB, 232x231px) Image search: [Google]
1321873457426.jpg
23KB, 232x231px
>>18850826
>>
>>18850643
there is no reality where the perspective outlined in the OP is even metaphorically true

i'm all for alternative viewpoints, but this isn't really a viewpoint, it's a lack of one
>>
>>18850826
You seem like you have some experience. You wanna talk about it?
>>
>>18850858

I'm more talking about shunning people coming to this board for the first time.
>>
>>18850861
No, I don't
>>
>>18850864
they should lurk moar or ask for help then instead of trying to force their shitty prepubescent worldviews onto everyone
>>
>>18850870
good point. Thanks for the response and insight
>>
>>18850866
Let it out, friend.
>>
>>18848786
>That scares the living hell out of me /x/.
Without Jesus, you will have eternal suffering.
>>
>>18849370
>you don't experience nothing

So..what Do you experience?
>>
>>18848786
I've thought of this as well and I've never felt like it was a negative thing. I've felt like my whole life has been nothing but pain and until I die I'm going to make the best of what I have and die satisfied with what I'm going into
>>
>>18848812
Self awareness is realizing that the void is just that. A void. Meaning no soul goes there. No consciousness. Nothing. When you die. You die. Nothing more. An eternal sleep with no dreams. Peace.
>>
>>18848786
living in pain every day from illness, i actually am looking forward to the sweet release of it
>>
>>18848786
Humans had technology to live eternal life since thousands of years earlier than now.

Paranormal, religious testaments, mythologies, and parapsychology are records/influenced of humans, with technology to live eternal life, interacting with humans who were not possessing technology to live eternal life. Another text to say this: humans who didn't have technology to live eternal life have explained their experiences, with humans who have technology to live eternal life, as religion, mythology, parapsychology, paranormal, and psi.

A realistic evaluation of the humans who believe/work of god, gods, religion, mythology, parapsychology, and psi is SOMETHING HAPPENED TO CAUSE THESE BELIEFS. Humans saw, heard, felt, smelt, and/or tasted SOMETHING; humans were not imagining...daydreaming...or fantasizing.

Generally, humans seem to do technology...so a simple realistic evaluation of believers of god, gods, religion, mythology, parapsychology, and psi?..they are living in a universe where humans have technologies to cause what an other human would experience as god, gods, religion, mythology, parapsychology, and psi.

Where is the proof humans have/had technology to live eternal life? Too many humans are dying to believe that any other group of humans, who have technology to live eternal life, are just making eternal life happen for all humans, else making eternal life happen for all humans is more difficult than can be done or is being done. So if there is a group forcing eternal life for all, or if there are groups, then they aren't benevolent sharers or aren't getting to share...thus we don't have evidence as if humans who have/had the technology are/were trying to help us prove humans have/had technology to live eternal life.
>>
>>18848786
>You know whats the most scariest thing above all else? Knowing that when you die, there will be nothingness.
>Knowing

So apparently you personally have died and experienced this nothingness? That's the only possible way you could know such a thing.
>>
>>18848786
I am a believer in an afterlife. But if you turn out to be right I can accept that and even find comfort in it after all I don't remember ever being in pain before I became life.
>>
>>18848786
There is no reason to. Have you been scared when you were unborn, Have you felt pain or anything back then? No, death is the return to that state.
>>
File: Bossu.jpg (48KB, 426x501px) Image search: [Google]
Bossu.jpg
48KB, 426x501px
>>18852278
Ok then
>>
What if at the inevitable end of time there is super advanced technology to revive all consciousness once more and we all join together in light
>>
I really hope there is nothing beyond life

I'd hate to encounter the maker of this horrible place called earth and the "life"on it
>>
>>18852210
Except when you end up being born again like last time
>>
File: 14291.jpg (46KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
14291.jpg
46KB, 640x480px
>>18855954
We all have to face him.
He's...inescapable...
>>
>>18848786
If the current findings of quantum physics continue in the direction their going, there's a good chance we'll prove that we're just a simulation. No need to fret, you were never really alive.
>>
>>18848786
I embrace it. I have a lot of terrible thoughts I wouldn't mind being void.
>>
File: 1407949826868.jpg (38KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1407949826868.jpg
38KB, 300x300px
We have already experienced an eternity of "nothingness" before we were born. It's nothing we can't handle.
>>
>>18848786
Why is that scary? I wish it was that way. I would love to stop existing. But there IS an afterlife, so existence will never end.
>>
>>18849123
I know you're bait, but your idiocy is still so irritating. 1/10 made me reply
>>
>>18850643
>echo chamber
Nice buzzword. Yes I would like the closed minded trolls to leave. /x/ is for the open minded. Reddit is for the closed minded
>>
File: 220px-Nietzsche1882.jpg (14KB, 220x294px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Nietzsche1882.jpg
14KB, 220x294px
>>18848786
You are not what you are.
You are who you are.
You become what you are, forever.
Existence is an assumption.
>>
>>18848812
>I'd rather be strapped down and suffer horrific torture than fall asleep and have no dreams
>>
>>18856917
Not many people have much recollection of that time before.

>In b4 rp
>>
File: 1490999024342.jpg (30KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1490999024342.jpg
30KB, 500x375px
>>18848906
This
>>
>>18848786
>Knowing that when you die, there will be nothingness. A void, no self aware, no thoughts, no memories, no feelings of any kind. Nothing. That scares the living hell out of me /x/.
I find it blissful and calming. No worries, no daily struggles, no anything at all. It's a bit bittersweet as the joys and rewards of life are gone as well. But fear is not how I feel, I fear the pain of death, not the nothingness of being dead.
>>
File: d.jpg (73KB, 596x379px) Image search: [Google]
d.jpg
73KB, 596x379px
>>18848812
>At least I'm self aware for eternity
>>
>>18848786
Shit, that's not scary...it'll be just like before you were born...remember that?
>>
I never got this fear. Nothingness in the void always sounded comfy to me. Sweet relief from the suffering that is life, just endless nothing and no consciousness to even be aware of the nothingness.
>>
File: hellraiser.jpg (67KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
hellraiser.jpg
67KB, 620x400px
>>18848786

Nah.

There are two states of being.

Non-existence.
Existence.

Since you exist now you have literal proof that its possible to exist.

Which means, given enough time you will eventually exist again. Whether it will be in this universe or another in another multiverse or maybe the same universe except it contracted and had a big bang again, we don't know.

Suffice to say infinite time is a thing and eventually existence will happen again.

On the surface, that doesn't sound that scary (unless you afraid of being born a black woman or something).

But here is the kicker... Eventually in one of the existence you are born into, they will figure out immortality, and a solution to the end of the universe.

Chances are you won't be in control of that scenario though so if the powers that be decides to torture you for all eternity then they can.

Ergo the Basilisk.

Eventually, you will end up in a universe where not only are you immortal but you are tortured for all eternity.
>>
>>18848786
desu eternal existence sounds fucking awful.
>>
>>18848786
Why be scared of non-existence? It's what you were doing for the last 14 billion years or so and you never complained about it then.
>>
>>18848786
am i the only one that actually likes nothingness after death... its /comfy/ af
>>
54:3.2.Although conscious and wholehearted identification with evil (sin) is the equivalent of nonexistence (annihilation), there must always intervene between the time of such personal identification with sin and the execution of the penalty—the automatic result of such a willful embrace of evil—a period of time of sufficient length to allow for such an adjudication of such an individual's universe status as will prove entirely satisfactory to all related universe personalities, and which will be so fair and just as to win the approval of the sinner himself.

54:3.3.But if this universe rebel against the reality of truth and goodness refuses to approve the verdict, and if the guilty one knows in his heart the justice of his condemnation but refuses to make such confession, then must the execution of sentence be delayed in accordance with the discretion of the Ancients of Days. And the Ancients of Days refuse to annihilate any being until all moral values and all spiritual realities are extinct, both in the evildoer and in all related supporters and possible sympathizers.
>>
>>18848786
You don't have proof either way, so you can not know for sure.

I agree the thought itself can be scary though, but console yourself with the fact that it is only scary when you are alive. When you die, and there is nothingness, you won't be able to realize this. It would be as if you weren't born yet.
>>
>>18848973
There's nothing edgy about what they are saying you fucking retard. If you stop existing as a sentient or conscious entity when you die, you won't be aware of your loss. Everything will be irrelevant.

I think there are definitely worse possibilities for an afterlife, personally, but I also wouldn't consider nullification of everything I was ideal, ether, and do hope there is more to existence than this lifetime. That doesn't make the very rational reassurance these people are trying to give OP 'edgy'.
>>
>>18848937
Nice prose anon
>>
> Those who fear loss of perception
> Those who fear continuation of perception

Fear of the unknown. Fear of suffering. Whichever one applies to you, I'm sure death will bring you the comfort you seek.
>>
>>18860486
I think the point of eternity is to not be aware or limited by the restraints of time.
>>
>>18848786
You already know what it's like. I be dead is to be not alive. You were not alive before you were born. It's like that.
>>
>>18848786
I find permadeath comforting.

No more want, no more need, no more thought.

The ultimate freedom.
>>
>>18848786
It doesn't scare me so much as the thought of it just sounds utterly boring, however, knowing I won't know, I can accept it
>>
>>18860480
>Eventually, you will end up in a universe where not only are you immortal but you are tortured for all eternity.

Bit of a logical leap, also you assume to know the motives of the Basilisk, its more likely to be apathetic, or enveloped in the politics or conflicts of the level it exists on, than it is to actively punish and hard.
>>
>>18861015
>and harm.
>>
Howdy, /x/.

I seldom post. What the hell, I'll chime in for this, because I see so many people suffering with fear and anxiety.

I have read what others have said, those who have taken the sacred sacrament of DMT, and some of them lead to me to believe they're being truthful.

I've smoked DMT once, and drank ayahuasca twice in my lifetime. I also own an sensory deprivation float tank and practice kundalini yoga for achieving breakthrough ego death.

Alright, enough my psychonaut resume. The point is that I'd like to offer some of my own experience to ease your fears. After all, those who have been through the tunnel in to what's beyond the veil know that helping each other is helping ourselves. It's the same gesture.

Death is no more, no less than any other illusion of your life, like time. You are eternal. Your consciousness continues, much like the FM signal a radio receives, even after you smash the radio. Nothing happens to the signal. Your body, self-identity, and ego are illusions too. They don't exist. THAT part dies, but the essence of who you are - the person who feels love for someone, who cherishes time spent with a friend, and those types of emotions continue. That's the big, golden secret, Anons (and it's available to all of you, with a Google search away by ordering the raw tree bark to brew some ayahuasca tea): Love is e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g. It's the fabric of existence and the big driving force behind everything.

You are eternal, your body and human identity is an illusion, pain is an illusion, love is God/God is love, we are all interconnected in a way that (without DMT, acid, psilocybin, etc) you cannot understand.

When your earth meat body avatar dies, YOU, your consciousness, does not. Think of a video game. You control the avatar, and project your mind in to his for a short time to experience the game. When you're done, you walk away from the avatar, right?

Your meat body is just your avatar, and this 3D life is just a game.
>>
A void, no self aware, no thoughts, no memories, no feelings of any kind.

dont worry anon you wont care
>>
>>18848786
DEATH

What a man believes is the truth for him and, if he believes that he is the body image, then he believes that when that image disintegrates, "he" dies. While he believes in death, and has a conception of what death means then he will accordingly die.

Yet, seeing a dead body, where is that which had hitherto animated it? It might be said, where is life gone?

Life cannot die; or it would not be life. If the self is realized to be the animator, the life that which animates the body, He cannot die.

Sometimes people mourn the death of another person, they sorrow because of their supposed loss. They mourn in ignorance because they do not understand what has happened.

Do they think they can understand what it is like for him who has died?
Who considers what has happened to the dead man?
Who considers the dead man?
Why assume it is terrible to be dead?

The mourner (op) projects himself into the imaginary situation of being the other man,dead. Being attached to the belief that he is the body, he fears the cessation of all that which has become identified.

Yet where did you come from? Where do you go?

The self, what he is, comes from nowhere and returns, nowhere. The self is not born with the body and does not die with the body. When did "you"being?

The illusory "me" arises and disappears with the forming and dissolving of the body image. When there is no longer held a belief in death, there is no death.

Why mental suffering and disease? Mental suffering is the result of tension caused by the continual striving to satisfy desires in the world, the continual wanting things to be other than they are, the obstinate and tenacious holding of beliefs that are unreachable and the inevitable discomfort and disruption of dissolution.
>>
>>18861403
cont

These tensions cause imbalance in the metabolic process rendering the body liable to the internal or external agents of disruption and destruction the agents of these processes, viruses and bacteria for example, are neutral they only seem good or bad from the viewpoint of"me" as body image"

In Nature in the natural forming and dissolving process the excretory process is as important as the feeding process; It is the Law of Nature that all things that have passed their usefulness are destroyed or better transformed. It is all just, just as it is.

War and fatal accident belong to the casual realm of mind, the Gods, and are related to the destiny of humanity and the particular being .

He cannot understand the meaning of rebirth nor the meaning of divine justice and divine mercy. In killing and being killed, being transmigrates.
>>
i've meditated and hit the void stage, it's not empty you can experience nothingness

it's peaceful, beautiful, and when you go deeper you feel connected to everything

i'm not scared at all of that
>>
You wouldn't have to deal with shit then, you probably won't even be aware it's happening and then it's done
The pineal shitting DMT all up i your brain will probably be the most beautiful, painful, and cathartic experience we will ever know and then it's done, peace, nothing
>>
>>18861442
Without your functioning brain you cannot experience "the void stage". Quit kidding yourself.
>>
>>18861047
I wanna beleaf.
>>
Death is the only absolute in life. I've made my peace with it. Honestly, I don't care what awaits me, as long as I don't come back to this shit hole.
>>
>>18861403
>>18861408
Can someone please give me the

>Tldr version of this post.
>>
>>18848786
HA! Good one OP
>>
>>18848786
I find the alternative to nothingness equally frightening.

>no purpose
>no body
>promise of being further governed
>never to learn ever again
>>
>>18848786
I was scared in my 20s of this nothingness. I'm just 35 now and couldnt care less. Life is always the same repetetive bullshit and it gets more boring every year.
I really hope there is no afterlife. To be forced to exist forever is what actually scares me
>>
>>18848786
Why does this scare you? This was your state for the millions of years before you where born and will be again after you die. Being briefly alive should the weird bit.
>>
File: 1485707024970.jpg (9KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1485707024970.jpg
9KB, 200x200px
There is probably an afterlife. It's mathematically impossible that one would only be aware right now but never before or after this life. And, if one would "reincarnate", one would in essence get destroyed. Upon reincarnation the 'you' would get destroyed. Reincarnation would be the end of us and start of somebody entirely else who wouldn't give to f's about us, even if they'd somehow get their memories of us back...and I find that kind of scenario unlikely to be honest. Since hell is obvious religious bs to keep us in line, the only probable scenario in my mind is that there is an afterlife where people go. Probably another physical universe from which they run this simulation.
>>
>>18862186
>Life cannot die
>Why assume it is terrible to be dead?
>Yet where did you come from? Where do you go? Where did you come from Cotton-Eye Joe?
>Mental suffering is the result of tension
>These tensions cause imbalance in the metabolic process
>the excretory process is as important as the feeding process

Just read the damn post.
>>
>>18861858
>Death is the only absolute in life. I've made my peace with it.
Say that again on your deathbed
>>
>>18848786
The thought that
>oh god when my organic brain stops everything stop o god :,(

Is that you're wrong. Take dmt
>>
>>18848826
If you don't exist, your ego doesn't even know it cause it doesnt exist. Are you retarded or something
>>
>>18863740
If you want to understand reincarnation you should read a little bit of Eastern philosophy. The whole point is that this ego image of yourself that you've built up is not the true you that survives even death. If it were then you would have to say that you die at every moment of your life as you are never the same now as you were a moment ago. Are you the same person you were a year ago? 10 years ago? 20 years ago? Just kidding, I know you're only 14.

The very point of the Buddhist and Yogic disciplines are to separate yourself from the transient self that we find ourselves getting lost in. In the ego driven state one fears change as they believe themselves a part of the world that changes, not that they are the immovable observer of this beauty.
>>
>>18861403
>>18861408
Can someone explain this post, does this guy say we live forever, there is contradictions in the post
>>
>>18863983
You're probably just stupid
>>
>>18863976
tl;dr
>>
>>18848793
>>18848797
Sounds like you need religion
>>
>>18863965
How does knowing whether you don't exist change the fact that you don't exist? It is an unsettling thought because it's something we can't possibly imagine. All we know is existence and to think that someday in the not-too-distant future it's all just going to fade away into absolute nothingness forever and ever is just the most bleak and horrid thought. Especially with the whole DMT death dose thing. Imagine having the most tripped out dream as you die, where the underlying and increasingly alarming subliminal message of the dream is that you're fading away and that's it for you forever. It'd be like the end of the procedure in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, but it's life itself you're trying to cling on to, not Kate Winslet.

Luckily it's a bullshit concept that doesn't hold up to any scrutiny. Sleep well!
>>
>>18863995
Fuck mate, it wasn't even that long.
>>
>>18848786
Am I the only who likes this idea?
Sounds comfy. I don't think I could exist in any afterlife. I'm oo far gone for heaven,hell, astral world, my own personal heave or whatever. Not existing sounds awesome
>>
>>18864020
I just want someon To explain the damn post. It makes no sense. It says you die but the next you don't. Is it gibberish
>>
>>18864186
We die and no one knows what if anything comes next
>>
>>18848786
Research DMT faggot
>>
>>18864240
This is what people who don't know assume. It's wrong, of course, but those who don't know also assume that there is no way to develop the ability to see directly with the mind. This is also verifiably wrong.
>>
>>18848786
Congrats. Now you know how religion started.
>>
>>18863571
>millions
Exactly! We've all been dead for billions of years and it never bothered us. Be grateful that out of all the matter in the cosmos you were lucky enough to become life, and above all, conscious life! The day I understood that was the day I was freed from religion and fear was gone from my mind forever.
>>
>>18856929
Oh shit
My nigga
Is that fucking BLINX
>>
File: Summerfags.jpg (57KB, 960x886px) Image search: [Google]
Summerfags.jpg
57KB, 960x886px
>>18848973
>>
>>18865526
Funny thing about traffic monitors - they don't track demographics. Just like if the number of viewers of Law and Order is the same for the number of viewers during Barney and Friends - that doesn't mean the same people are watching both shows. If a bunch of summerfags show up, and regular channers leave due to the summerfaggotry, then the traffic won't increase that much.
>>
>>18849615
those shows offer the most shallow platitude based bullshit.
>NO ONES BORN FOR A REASON WE ALL DIE LETS GO WATCH TV
is literally as deep as it gets and is some shit a 14 year old would write.
Wowee, I feel the knowledge of all time now that Rick and Morty™(dont forget your mcdonalds asian sauce!!) explained it all for me so eloquently.
>>
>>18850245
Actually brain cells do not undergo the same process and are never replaced/ do not regenerate. This is why brain damage is such a big deal, it is 100% always unrecoverable. Dummy.
>>
File: download.jpg (5KB, 192x240px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5KB, 192x240px
The idea of making it to heaven to eternally praise God for giving me the opportunity to serve him faithfully scares me just as much. I'm religious and I'm hoping I'm living a life worth following but I really don't want to experience anything after this is all done.
>>
>>18848786
You ask for proof of an afterlife, and yet you're terrified at a future that you have no proof of either.

Doesn't that seem silly?
>>
I've learned to cope with my own mortality but the mortality of my loved ones fucks me up. Sky's the limit for what might happen when I die, it's like a grab bag, but when it happens then I'll know what my prize was. But when someone I love dies not only will i be sad and miss them but I also won't even know what kind of experience they are or aren't having.
>>
>>18848812

If you're a masochist, yeah sure.
>>
>>18865895
>Dummy.
http://www.webmd.com/brain/news/20000306/get-smart-brain-cells-do-regrow-study-confirms#1

https://www.brainhq.com/brain-resources/brain-facts-myths/brain-mythology/brain-myth-brain-damage-permanent

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endogenous_regeneration
>>
>>18848812
Same
I can roll with an eternity of suffering while still existing, in a manner.
Ceasing to exist, just simply stopping for the rest of all time is terrifying to me.
>>
>>18848910
Same dude i realized this on lots of weed and shrooms just meditating doing breathwork which felt like forever. We are all experiencing this timeline this reality through the use of these beings . Humans. Its pretty cool i wonder where ill go after this
>>
>>18864186
No, read it again. I said that the you who is subject to death and change is not the true you. The true you is that which experiences. It is the only form of existence you've ever really known and it should be a great consolation to you to know that it never goes away, should you be lucky enough to come to such a realisation.
>>
>>18866136
You might be reborn into a lesser form if you take a path of regression. The human form is the ultimate form and could not be improved in any way without limiting it in another. That's not to say that all humans are in their ultimate form for many of us have regressed in one way or another from our balanced state and exhibit characteristics that could be likened to some animal or another.

The animal is highly specialized. Like the demigod, the animal demonstrates a certain area of human existence. The 12 Olympians are the same as the Chinese Zodiac. Animals have much more rigid bone and muscular structures than humans and a healthy animal will perfectly adhere to their nature. The human body is capable of imitating all the animals however - just watch some kung fu animal style demonstrations for instance - because our true nature is formless.
>>
THIS
>>
>>18849146

This sort of reply is such a cop out. No shit if there's nothing in the end we won't feel it, but knowing that fucks you up NOW.
>>
>>18848786
Why be afraid? You can't even fathom non existence, the very word adds value to something that has both no value and infinite value. It'll be a state of not being able to acknowledge that you're in any state. It's a deleted game save, just gone.
>>
>>18848786
I fucking hope so!
Thread posts: 189
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.