[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else here play with radios or have a rig? I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: radio.jpg (298KB, 894x401px) Image search: [Google]
radio.jpg
298KB, 894x401px
Anyone else here play with radios or have a rig?

I've been trying to find some weird stations, was recently given a good scanner and played with it last night, didn't find anything noteworthy although I missed a transmission, heard "code 3" and then silence.

Also found a weird AM station, from somewhere in the US, talking about Antarctica and the supposed temple underground. Of course I didn't save the frequencies....

Anyone find or hear something really weird from back in the day or recently?
>>
As an amateur radio operator, I always find it funny how normies confuse our communications for number stations.
>>
>>18846705
i find this interesting to
search on youtube for creepy shortwave signals you could find a lot of videos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFe7zN4QJZQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHnYBoKx0dw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srknHnThB78
>>
I'm currently playing Oxenfree, so this thread interests me.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DXWZVjN2Jg
>>
i live in the middle of bumfucking nowhere, only transmissions i hear are those from the aether. just noise
>>
>>18846705
WXXT
>>
I mess around with http://websdr.ewi.utwente.nl:8901/
>>
>>18847622
get a sw radio anon you could get transmissions of the other side of the world
>>
>>18847671
oh man, i've hada some fun on this one. last night i was listening to some french dance radio for quite a bit actually, was in decent quality too. I've yet to hear anything out of the ordinary, aside from the morse code like boops and beeps

Are there any other online shortwave radio stations like this? or should i invest in actually buying one?
>>
>>18847719
i make all my own equipment, but i might see if i can make one, all i use is a modified crystal radio and im nowhere close enough to a station to pick up a broadcast signal on that.
but also isnt am am and fm short wave? doesn't it take long wave transmissions to broadcast around the world?
>>
>>18847783

Ham anon from first response. No, it doesn't. Long wave is actually rather linear. Short wave is better known as High Frequency. High frequency is actually 1MHz to 30MHz. It bounces off of the ionosphere. I regularly listen to and occasionall talk to people all over the globe using a shortwave transmitter and radio.

VHF is 30MHz to 300MHz. It's rather line of sight. UHF+ (anything over 300MHz) is particularly line of sight and is basically used for point to point communications, like your WiFi or cellphone.

Really, to listen to short wave, you can use a crystal receiver. You just have to get an inductor that is the correct reactance to tune to the frequencies involved with short wave. Commercial AM is what is known as medium wave.
>>
>>18847802
do you ever listen something odd on the radio ?
>>
>>18848347

Nah. Have never heard a transmission I would classify as odd: I know too much.
>>
>>18847083
No shit.
(KM4CCW here. 73)
If they actually paid attention, it's just us old farts talking about the weather.
>>
>>18848373
What's a cool station for me to tune into?
>>
>>18848364
nothing weir or strange?
>>
>>18848403
Depends on your definition of cool.
I like Radio Deutsche Wella.

There's at least one Over the Horizon radar on the air.
It's been speculated it's coming from Iran, but as far I know that's not true.
>>
>>18848403
Check your local stations for SkyWarn.
They tell when the next free NOAA spotter training is.

Pull up your local area Police Scanner frequencies and you can find the HAM bands listed most of the time.

Ignore CB, it's useless.
If you have your license, you could try to join ARES (Amateur Radio Emergency Services) or RACES.

Try learning Morse and you can join a DX group.
Morse isn't required for a Tech license anymore.
I studied for a week and aced my Tech.
DXers do low power distance Morse.
Lots of contesting to see who can talk to the most different countries.
>>
>>18848450
>Ignore CB, it's useless.
why?
>>
l
>>
>>18846705
Any links on where to buy one of these and tips/advice? Always thought it was neat figured may aswell give it a try.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.