[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /x/. An important question: How do you differentiate between

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: k-bigpic.jpg (607KB, 970x546px) Image search: [Google]
k-bigpic.jpg
607KB, 970x546px
Hello /x/. An important question: How do you differentiate between

>projected thoughtform
>hallucinations
>a spirit/entity
>>
projected thoughtforms and hallucinations are more difficult, actual entities can be confirmed by more than one person.
>>
This is a tricky question, wouldn't even know where to start. All sentient consciousnesses are like their own tile that makes up space time but works on the same principles on the same world. So you have to decipher all the information the universe relays to you through these 3 things basically. By definition one who does it makes it look easy but it is very complicated.
>>
What you're really asking is: How do you differentiate between

>your senses
>object reality

You see, your senses cannot perceive all of object reality - so which is """more""" true? Is your perception most important? Or what lies outside of your senses?
>>
>>18844755

The way I think about it is this
All is one so either way I'm just talking to myself.
>>
>>18844867
Zen.
>>
>>18844801
very helpful analogy and post, thank you

>>18844867
this helps too, thanks
>>
You don't OP. What you are going through is referred to as schizophrenia and mental retardation.
>>
>>18844755
Differentiating between your thoughtforms and hallucinations can be very difficult. Particularly if you have any tendency to psychosis. In a psychotic state the mind tends to latch on to thoughts and sensations and blow them out of proportion; the hallucinations of psychosis may not be random or generated solely from the imagination, but have some basis in something we are feeling. If this is your problem, it might help to sit with a healer or (genuine) psychic who can feel into what you're describing at the time.

Again, if there is a tendency to psychosis differentiating between entities and self-generated experiences can be difficult. If you're not psychotic, then there are one or two things which might help.

First, keep a bullshit detector going. Is it wishful thinking, does it seem to good to be true? Is it something you've wanted?

Second, there is often an element of the unexpected in meetings with real 'others'. Something you wouldn't or couldn't have imagined previously.

Third, what is the feeling, the vibe around your sense of the entity. Does it feel like you, or something you could have created, or does it feel like something or someone else?

Again, it can help to have a genuine psychic check your experience. These are difficult areas to be sure about and it's easy to get it wrong.
>>
File: download.jpg (3KB, 158x90px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
3KB, 158x90px
>>18844755
>An important question
No it's not. It's a fucking stupid question.
>>
Bump though I've come to my conclusions already
>>
>>18844755
Everything is contents of mind, there's no difference between.. anything, just an illusion of difference, contrasts.
>>
I just sort of run off all three at the same time

when some crazy shit happens that I cant explain I usually figure its one of these three but it could be any of them and I wouldnt really know.

I'm sure there is a way to tell, but my shcizo drugged up ass wouldnt know. youd probably need a lot of spiritual discipline and a better lifestyle to really know.
>>
>>18847852
No, duality isn't real
>>
>>18844786
This is a pretty solid answer. I'd like to add that for most people the three are all but indiscernible. Because we convince ourselves that what our senses tell us are the truth of the world(an adaptation directly relevant to survival instincts) it can be extremely difficult to avoid believing that your own perceptions are the universal truths. In a sense they are universal, but this is only as far as you are concerned. To share these ideas with others and get others' perspectives is one way to confirm fact from fiction, but doing so will always invite in the margin of error that comes with human judgement along with group think phenomena.

tldr; I don't know and it's very likely that nobody else does either. But I'm wrong a bout stuff all the time and this thought sure is some stuff.
>>
>>18846199
Not op but I have to disagree. Questioning the way you interpret your world is an ever-important question if your goal is to function efficiently in that world. For some people this question is the hay that broke the back, so to speak; the last answer they need before they can move away from whatever head trip has been plaguing them. For others it means very little, but this doesn't actually take away from the value it holds for those that need an answer to it or feel they need an answer to it.
>>
ask it to shake your hand. if it kills you, it was real
>>
>>18844755
You will have to develop you cognitive aptitudes. The one thing that will give you clarity and certainty is when you are 100% certain of your own successful efforts collecting, retaining, and analyzing cognitively collected imagery.

There are books that can help you understand what is necessary. I usually recommend "mindtrek" by Joseph McMoneagle and "psychic warrior" by Philip Morehouse.
>>
>>18844755
You don't. That's the joke of reality. Once you begin to actually grasp it illusions become inseparable from reality because they're all the same damn thing: nonsense.
>>
File: 1422914954208.png (63KB, 240x200px) Image search: [Google]
1422914954208.png
63KB, 240x200px
>>18848642
>I like to pretend I know things I don't know.
Ok
>>
>>18849012
was meant for
>>18845778
completely different people.
>>
>>18847939
Whatever. Enjoy your AIDs.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.