[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/omg/ - Occultism & Magick General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 326
Thread images: 49

File: Equinox.jpg (234KB, 1056x1496px) Image search: [Google]
Equinox.jpg
234KB, 1056x1496px
/sum/ pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/HhU18gCW

Library:
https://mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ
>>
>>18836942
Shit, I was just typing out a new op.
W/e.
>>
>>18836972
Sorry man I can delete this one. I was just about to type a post saying " I hope it doesn't seem like I'm trying to Hijack this thread"
>>
File: 1283388287660.jpg (21KB, 494x400px) Image search: [Google]
1283388287660.jpg
21KB, 494x400px
>>18836972
There you are, was wondering when you would show.

Hope your day went well and all deadlines are under control, Mr. Ape.
>>
>>18837002
I'm really only doing it to keep the conversation alive because I figured you were pretty busy lately, but I prefer your threads anyway, so if you still have it typed up please let me know.
>>
>>18837006
Yes, though I've got some regressions that are hard to conceptualize due on Wed.

>>18837011
It's all good. I was thinking of doing a thread on the Kogi since their cosmology can EASILY be imported into the Western tradition or Vajrayana.
>>
https://youtu.be/fvckocaVPNA
>>
Reporting back on that west african diaspora religions class, I learned more from two frisvold books and shitposting on here than I did from any of the readings or lectures. I think for the next paper I'm going to cite Chumbley on oathkeeping in relation to slave revolts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOJj_MNIBUg
>>
>>18837039
I just handed in half a first draft on Quimbanda. You may get a kick out of my citation list.
>>
Whatever happened to that "M" guy? i only ever saw him post two or three spells
>>
So, I'm familiar to a degree with the figures of geomancy and their interpretations, but I'm having a harder time pinning down *how* these marks are created and by what means, in order for them to be interpreted to begin with. My researches have come up with conflicting results. Can anybody assist me in this? Thank you.
>>
File: 1254185539758.jpg (27KB, 576x384px) Image search: [Google]
1254185539758.jpg
27KB, 576x384px
>>18837019
>I've got some regressions that are hard to conceptualize due on Wed.

If only there was a way to swap-out and or upgrade some of our under-performing receptors. These problems would simply cease to exist.
>>
>>18837056
"M" was some kind of fraud, and I'm pretty sure everybody creating threads saying they worked was just him. I'm still not sure what his endgame was, but a lot of people apparently tried that stuff.
>>
>>18837054
>>18837039
Arnes, William (1979). The Man Eating Myth: Anthropology and Anthrophagy. Oxford University Press (USA).

Freyre, Gilberto (1964). The Masters and the Slaves: A Study in the Development of Brazil. Random House.

Hardwick, Paul. Kennedy, David (2010). The Survival of Myth: Innovation, Singularity and Alterity. Cambridge Scholars Publishing.

Hayes, Kelly E. (2007). Black Magic and the Academy: Macumba and Afro-Brazilian 'Orthodoxies'. History of Religions. 46 (4): 283–315

Hess, David J. (1992).Umbanda and Quimbanda Magic in Brazil: Rethinking Aspects of Bastide's Work. Archives de sciences sociales des religions. 37e, No 79, pg. 135-153.

Leitão, José (2014). The Book of St. Cyprian - The Sorcerer's Treasure. Hadean press.

Long, Hellen Morrow. (2001) Spiritual Merchants: Religion Magic and Commerce. University of Tennessee Press.

de Mello e Souza, Laura (Author), Diane Grosklaus Whitty (Translator) (2004)The Devil and the Land of the Holy Cross: Witchcraft, Slavery, and Popular Religion in Colonial Brazil (Llilas Translations from Latin America Series) Univ of Texas PR ed.

Scarre, Geoffrey; Callow, John (2001).Witchcraft and Magic in Sixteenth and Seventeenth-Century Europe(second ed.). Basingstoke: Palgrave

Whitehead, Neil. (2004). In Darkness and Secrecy: The Anthropology of Assault Sorcery and Witchcraft in Amazonia. Duke University Press.

Whitehead, Neil. (2002). Dark Shamans: Kanaima and the Poetics of a Violent Death. Duke University Press

Whitehead, Neil. (2008) Hans Staden’s True Story: An Account of Cannibal Captivity in Brazil. Duke University Press.
>>
>>18837054
I have a feeling it's the same as mine. The sheer amount shit that's been presented as distinctly african has given me a chronic kek.

I may have phoned it in and gotten Eshu to write about Eshu on the last paper.
>>
So hey everybody, there's a fella over in a "musicomancy" thread, as he calls it, talking about using the Tarot to communicate with elementals. Personally I usually scry or evoke the things, but I'm wondering if any of you know about or can point me in a direction where to find info on using the Tarot for such things?
>>
How does it feel to have been rendered irrelevant by the great, real and provable power of meme magic?
>>
>>18837077
>amount of shit that's been presented as distinctly african has given me a chronic kek
My working hypothesis is that Quimbanda is distinctly and emblematically *pardo*, as opposed to negro.
>>
>>18837073
Looking good, I may have to use that for brown-nosing points, but she's more into local history and has her hands in the Nat Turner rebellion.

>>18837097
I was talking more about the general practices. Witch bottles everywhere.
>>
>>18837089
Are you this guy who goes around saying "the pope of western esotericism says your beliefs are now irrelevant" or whatever, then posts a picture of himself in the douchebag pose?
>>
File: 1490741313721.png (213KB, 277x250px) Image search: [Google]
1490741313721.png
213KB, 277x250px
>>18837103
>the pope of western esotericism says your beliefs are now irrelevant" or whatever, then posts a picture of himself in the douchebag pose?
The pic used is either Thad McKracken or Jan Irvin, I can't remember which. Both are trash and refuse to debate me on the solidity of their assumptions and assertions irl.

>>18837102
>Witch bottles everywhere.
Fucking Peru of all places gets fucky with wytchbottles.

I'm finding some parity with Basque witchcraft.

If you wanna get brown nose points you want....

>de Mello e Souza, Laura (Author), Diane Grosklaus Whitty (Translator) (2004)The Devil and the Land of the Holy Cross: Witchcraft, Slavery, and Popular Religion in Colonial Brazil (Llilas Translations from Latin America Series) Univ of Texas PR ed.
>Long, Hellen Morrow. (2001) Spiritual Merchants: Religion Magic and Commerce. University of Tennessee Press.
>Freyre, Gilberto (1964). The Masters and the Slaves: A Study in the Development of Brazil

I have about fifteen more citations I just haven't plugged 'em in yet.
>>
>>18837124
Haha last time they made a thread here everybody went in and basically shit all over their theory and them personally. I thought it was rich, knowing nothing about them except their smugness and sense of superiority that they displayed in the post. Oh, and the goofy-ass picture. Can't forget that.
>>
>>18837124
Those might do it, I'm seeing one of my textbooks in the related section. Also it's Carolyn Long.

One girl in class has a bunch of wytchebottles buried in her back yard.
>>
>>18837132
Jan Irvin thinks McKenna was an MKUltra CIA agent because:
>1: A VERY poorly misrepresented line in one lecture.
>2: The Alphabet Buddies won't unseal their McKenna records early.
>3: He MAY have rolled on a few of his hash buddies when he got busted.

Meanwhile, Thad McKracken seems to get all of his Crowley history from one shitty scare documentary and every Christian rumor he can find.

They're intellectually dishonest and refuse to have their shit questioned publicly.
>>
>>18837153
No one invites them for an interview, it's not like they refute them.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-03-30-19-44-12.png (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-03-30-19-44-12.png
2MB, 2560x1440px
hey Ape, do you think this section of Black Magic strawmans Thelema a bit?

1/2
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-03-30-19-44-35.png (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-03-30-19-44-35.png
1MB, 2560x1440px
>>18837565
shit. the pic didnt upload. actual 2/2
>>
How do you all get the focus to read all this stuff?

I'm working 60 hour weeks... I got nothing.
>>
>>18837124
>Thad McKraken
I got into an internet argument with that cunt and he stopped talking about Crowley after that, not that it really matters. All he does is "ganj-i-tate" and talk about conspiracy theories. If you think Sigils and memetics are the highest forms of magick around then that's none of my buisness.
>>
Regarding the Teli and Galgal:
Kaplan writes that certain Kabbalists state that the Teli is an actual place under the "firmament of Vilon" where humanoid beings live that have access to Divine Mysteries and can be contacted to teach them to humans. Imagine my surprise reading that in a book by a very observant Jew. As far as I can tell Vilon literally means "a flat surface" so I'm not sure what he means, some Kabbalists seem to view it as a sort of veil. His reference for this is the Shoshan Yesod Olam which looks tight but doesn't appear to have an english translation that I know of. What exactly is he talking about and what is the method he references that one can use to contact these entities?
>>
>>18837097
I thought "Zambo" was the term in spanish instead of negro
>>
started reading sepher yetzirah based on a recommendation from an archived thread. After wading through so much shit-tier occultism it seems strange reading something and noticing that it doesn't suck. It makes me wonder how much of advancing is a matter of developing taste

anyway, please give recommendations for what you consider to be top-tier aesthetic books on the occult, to further develop taste with.
>>
>>18837781
The Axis in Space is like a king on his throne.
The Cycle in Time is like a king in the province.
The Heart in Soul is like a king in war.

?
>>
>>18837936
"CW has a Tree, and this Tree has 12 rays: north-east, south-east, upper-east, north-west, south-west, west-upper, west-under, north-upper, north-under, south-upper, south-under, and they spread and spread into the immense, and they are the arms of the world. And inside them is the Tree. Three times 12 "Functionaries" and three times 12 "Archontes" relate to these 12 branches of the Tree of the Worlds, in the regions mentioned by the Yesira: the region of the Dragon, representing the World, the region of the celestial sphere that man can see, representing Time, and the region of the "Heart", representing the human body. So, we have two times 36 powers or forces that interfere with cosmos and come and go everywhere.
>>
>>18837936
Only yhwh and by some accounts metatron where aloud to sit in heaven in some Jewish myths, coincidence?
>>
>>18837936
Sefer Hakhmoni: And what is the T’li? When God created the firmament above us, which is divided into seven heavens, He created the T’li from water and fire in the shape of a great dragon, like a great twisted serpent, and made for it a head and a tail and put it in the fourth heaven, which is the middle heaven, the abode of the sun… It is …through learning handed down through ancient books that we can get to know the T’li, its power, its rule, how it was created, its goodness and its malignancy
>>
>>18837981
>It's goodness and malignancy
Caput and Cauda. So we've come full circle once again.

The middle is the Heart, the battleground between good and evil since time immemorial. The Kabbalists saw evil as a necessity so one can understand good. I think there is a different way one can view this arcanum
>>
>>18837062
Do you haz 4plbs link oc post pls
>>
any particular gnostic themed anime that you guys like or recommend?
>>
are there any books on meditation in the library? what would they be under?
>>
I bless Ra - the fierce sun burning bright
I bless Isis - luna in the night
I bless the air- the mighty Horus hawk
I bell the earth on which I walk
I bless this board - So blue and pale
I bless its visitors - So full of fail
>>
>>18837568
Absolutely.
Waite was rather disappointed in Crowley. Waite is who first gave a young teenaged Crowley a copy of Cloud on the Sanctuary.

>>18837692
By working 45 hour weeks.

>>18837781
Stellar magick and Iyyun

>>18837854
>how much of advancing is a matter of developing taste
A LOT.

>top-tier aesthetic books on the occult, to further develop taste with
Chumbley's good but largely over people's head.

I mean, if you want the pinnacle of occult aesthetics you want Abhinavagupta's Santarasa.
>>
>>18838269
Shiva Samhita, Hathayoga, Raja Yoga.
>>
>>18838324
Trust the one in the sun
>>
Is anyone here on a quest for apotheosis and what does that person believe?
>>
File: IMG_20170331_095341876.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170331_095341876.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
>>18838858
>Santarasa
That is a hell of a read, would recommend. Time to go learn some religins.
>>
>>18838886
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWGxYlQudOA

Brings a tear to my eye

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3W4sLS67oI

On a side note reminds me of the weird liveleak looking into the sky video.
>>
>>18838899
What's this supposed to mean?
>>
>>18838958
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1oQglI7WHc
>>
>>18838899
A beautiful expression of the spirit I feel flowing through life and my self.
>>
>>18838969
This is fucking awesome too guy has beast energy
>>
>>18838969
A-are you trying to kill me with confusion?
What does relate this to apotheosis?
>>
>>18838980
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5FSLgKD5J4

>>18838972
>2017
>/omg/
>not listening to John Zorn and Secret Chiefs 3's best collaborator aka Mike Patton
>>
>>18839008
I like smooth vibes. Bob Dylan cat Steven Phil Ochs are some of my favorites. I just like all music
>>
File: PROD2242g.jpg (73KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
PROD2242g.jpg
73KB, 800x800px
I got this epic Santa Muerte book, is there any interest in having it digitized?

It's in Spanish, by the way. But maybe I can translate.
>>
>>18837936
seven planets move every day from east to west, a motion contrary to that of the stars. We know therefore that something like the form of a sphere (ke-demut galgal ‘elyon) exists above all of them, moving everything with its own motion. This sphere joins the sphere of the zodiac [galgal ha-mazzalot or ecliptic] at two points, which are the equinoxes [rosh taleh and rosh moznayim], and at those moments night and day are equal. From the vernal point [rosh taleh] the Sun always approaches the north [hemisphere] with respect to the equator [galgal ha-mishor], the highest [sphere], for the Sun moves on the ecliptic [
>>
>>18839248
...In the same way the nine spheres, which are glorious bodies that remain changeless. The tenth [sphere], which is holy, is called the Throne of Glory, because its power is ubiquitous. It is the powerful (ha-taqif) and encircles the bodies [of the whole of spheres]...
>>
>>18839248
>>18839263
Looks like the game to reach the king in his throne room is on.
>>
File: spacetime.png (14KB, 1345x342px) Image search: [Google]
spacetime.png
14KB, 1345x342px
The Goddess is time, and the God is space.
But time and space are one, therefore God and Goddess are one.
>>
What are your thoughts on vril, vril energy/force, and its ties to Atlantis?
>>
A question to anyone willing to answer: a couple nights ago I did a working that involved visual manifestation of elementals. Last night, I noticed black vapors all around the room. I've seen vapors like this before, but not a day later, and they didn't appear during the working itself. So my question is : is this something I should be worried about? Does anyone have insight into their cause? Any suggestions will be appreciated with a grain of salt. Thanks.
>>
>>18839362
I think you didn't perform a proper closure, which possibly will lead to problems later. I don't see how some extra banishments would do any harm.
>>
>>18839278
Welcome to Kabbalah.
For more, see the Genizah Fragments and the Hekhalot literature (Hekhalot Rabbati).

>>18839362
>>18839552
Solid vapors and mists are the minimum requirements for 'visible manifestation' of evoked forces.

Banish and if they persist then escalate banishment. If you're hitting planets and it's not doing anything, work the Elementals harder; you may get some high end results.
>>
thoughts on the International Nath Order?
is it legit?
>>
>>18839552
>>18839595
Thank you both. Funny thing is, I had just Banished again last night before I started seeing them again. The actual manifestation involved a lot of radiant blueish mist and several orb-like things floating about. The black vapor looking stuff didn't come until after I was done. However, looking back I am certain I did not close properly.
>>
>>18839595
Oh I all ready know a thing or two about :P
>>
>>18838869
thanks
>>
File: IMG_1234.jpg (20KB, 527x352px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1234.jpg
20KB, 527x352px
https://youtu.be/LYmoDjxcBrA
>>
>>18839641
Also, I'm going to do just that, assuming this shit's still going on when I get home tonight. I've finally got a whole night to myself, so it should be interesting at the very least.
>>
>>18839595
I asked DCS about Teli and if that concept is reflected in his art and this is what he said:
Yes, in a sense that is all biomorphism is. Teli (direct/straight) and Galgal (cyclical/reflected) constitute the scope of manifestation. They manifest the Nachash serpent that is Beingness itself, which manifests without ever leaving En Sof.
I know he's a "non emanationist" but I'm a little confused about the apparent duality of Teli and Galgal as I thought En Sof was a nondual state of being.
Back to the Ilyyun I guess
>>
>>18839352
Bump for this.
>>
>>18839714
Omg ots Huge! !!
>>
It's been awhile since I've chimed in, hope everyone is well.

>>18837097
>*pardo*, as opposed to negro.
This is interesting. Id like to read that. Or if you have a synopsis to explain the reasoning to me?

As I understand it, pardo generally implies some african heritage anyway, does it not?

The quimbanda and umbanda practitioners I have spoken with in Brazil seem to associate it with african traditions fairly heavily.

For what it's worth after my own long and confusing experience through the diaspora I find that the 'provenance' of these faiths is not as personally interesting as their contemporaneous nature. That is to say, these faiths are not 'from' their sources as much as they are 'from' their local practitioners. The african diaspora is intensely syncretic and wherever it appears it seems to incorporate the local indigenous populations beliefs, traditional African beliefs, and beliefs from whichever foreign sources that location has had contact with. The formula is the same whether in Chicago, New Orleans, Port-au-Prince or Sao Paulo.

Given your experience and knowledge in general Im dying to pick your brain and hear your opinions.
>>
Hi. I really only come on this Philippine basket weaving forum for this particular thread, but I'm beginning to get addicted to shitposting. I just can't help it, shitposting in some of these other threads is about as tempting as free cocaine. Does anyone else have this problem? (and by shitposting I mean anything from actual shitposting to getting into arguments with people who clearly know jack shit about the topic, knowing I'm only going to come out of it with a sore brain)
>>
>>18839826
I just post gfur on /v/ and get banned. You get longer for real dicks but mods won't delete until they're done capping to the comic.
>>
>>18839826
Welcome to 4chan. Try not to indulge the demons here too much for the sake of your mental health and enjoy your stay
>>
>>18839844
>>18839856
Hahaha thank you both. I have noticed that I start to get agitated here or there, then I'm like, what the holy hell am I doing, none of this shit even matters and half the time it's just trolls anyway. If I keep it up I'm going to have to bring it up to my addiction doctor at my next appointment!
>>
>>18839742
>I'm a little confused about the apparent duality of Teli and Galgal
Hence the sexual tension.

Ain Soph has nothing to do with these concepts. DCS is referring to the constant exit from and return to fundamental void ground, or Sajaha.

This is the polarity; the switch poles to, and from, without evermoving.

>>18839796
>african heritage anyway, does it not
Yes. We have reports that by 1700 the slaves had already integrated large swaths of indigenous culture.
>>
Ape

What is your cocept of what happens after death?
>>
>>18839871
So would it be oversimplifying it to say Teli is "that which is innate" and Galgal is the "place of realized manifestation?" They are not seperate in any essential way but act as terms denoting the polarity of a singular force of manifestation, perhaps somewhat akin to electricity and magnetism?
>>
>>18839905
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't he a Thelemite? If that's the case, then he can believe in other religions, but he also follows Thelema ideology. When it comes to the afterlife, Thelemties believe that mortality is only one part of life - essentially, immortality.
>>
>>18839239
I can read some Spanish so pls post it
>>
>>18839984
He is a member of the O.T.O I believe, so yes to the first question, but I can't confirm any of the rest.
>>
Any good book recommendations for samadhi?
>>
>>18840139
Or perhaps something to help clarify the progression leading up to it?
>>
>>18840139
>>18838869
>>
>>18840068
Do you really have to read all those books to join? They're so boring, and hardly applicable. The equinoxes. How active are you in it and how is it?
>>
File: 1490162650247.jpg (45KB, 306x471px) Image search: [Google]
1490162650247.jpg
45KB, 306x471px
>>18840153
>They're so boring, and hardly applicable.

If you evaluate your words and attitude, then the reasons for requiring the material will become clear.

It is not that difficult a task, when compared to the initiatory practices of other spiritual orders.
>>
>>18840153
Not that Anon; and not a member of the OTO (so I'll need confirmation) - but I was under the impression that, "Yes" you'll need read up on Crowley, Thelema, the Equinoxes, etc. I'm sure, as an initiate (or someone who is interested in joining), that they'll guide you or help you with your reading material. Just gotta do your homework.
>>
facebook com/notes/aleister-crowley/suggested-reading-list/438804736630
I've read all these, am I good to join the OTO?
>>
>>18836942
Why does meme magic work so much better than the stuff you guys do?
>>
Done downloading the library. All with the exception of the "Academic" folder. Is it necessary for practice? Or is it just "about" magic; and not magic books?
>>
>>18840517
>facebook com/notes/aleister-crowley/suggested-reading-list/438804736630
I don't think the oto has a required reading list for to be initiated but it's weird that somebody who didn't want to read Crowley's work would want to join. When you're a member they'll probably assign you material you'll have to learn to unlock the next level, err, initiation
>>
>>18840517
Ape says read all Class B documents, that that's what's expected of a Probationer, and that's what a Probationer should expect of themselves. I'm quoting approximately, but that's basically what he said.
>>
>>18840724
he was talking about the other order
>>
>>18840773
If you wanna join the OTO I have no idea why you wouldn't read all of Thelema's scholarship first.
>>
File: 1253930483204.jpg (106KB, 396x303px) Image search: [Google]
1253930483204.jpg
106KB, 396x303px
>>18840779
>instant gratification
>>
File: hb.jpg (17KB, 552x516px) Image search: [Google]
hb.jpg
17KB, 552x516px
>>18840788
>OTO
>Instant gratification
Pick one.
>>
>>18840779
The palmticklers aren't edgy enough.
>>
File: 1476310839766.jpg (40KB, 600x401px) Image search: [Google]
1476310839766.jpg
40KB, 600x401px
>>18840798
But I want to be a wizard now!
>>
Bump.
>>
Does anyone have any knowledge of the Munich Manual of Demonic Magic?
The only copies are found at the Bavarian State Library, Munich.

The book has yet to be published in translation in its entirety.
>>
>>18840841
>Munich Manual of Demonic Magic
I have a copy of Forbidden Rites with some translations.

There's a copy of the original manuscript on Scribd and elsewhere.
>>
ey ape, any thing on chakras you can get me, Trying meditation and shit
>>
>>18840779
Isn't O.T.O the same people practicing sex magic/spirit cooking?

If not, how so?
>>
>>18841112
Show me evidence of Abramovic at any single local body event.

>>18841008
Kaulajnananirnaya.
>>
>>18841165
>>18841112
Like, you do realize she's the greatgrandmother of transgressive performance art, yes?

Anyone with a shred of understanding of Crowley will tell you that her performance art has jack and shit to do with Crowley's rites and rituals.

That said, the Hermit triad of the OTO is centered around sexual magick. Which looks nothing like Spirit Cooking.
>>
>>18841165
It's all in the mega dump.

Why would Crowley want to mess with 3 month old fetuses?
>>
>>18841173
>It's all in the mega dump.
Where. Give me the file.

>three month old fetus
https://www.google.com/#q=aleister+crowley+%22three+month+old+fetus%22&*
>six results
>no source materials
>>
>https://mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ

De Homunculo

Now crowley died before he could gain any of the tools to provide his own research with, but others picked up the trail where he left off.
>>
>>18840143
check out mahasi sayadawa's insight meditation and bhante gunaratana on the jhanas
>>
>>18840638
more people = more energy. that doesn't mean its more efficient
>>
>>18841277
>De Homunculo
K
Do you have any clue what they're functionally talking about in said document?
Can you read the footnotes?
Are you aware of the general structure of OTO initaition and the content of the First Degree?

The creation of a Moonchild is NOT about death, it is about LIFE.
>>
>>18840638
Memes are just a way to convey a lot of information in a relatively quick and humorous manner. They're instantly recognizable.

The same could be said for symbols - much like seeing a cross for Christianity or Golden Arches for obesity.
>>
>>18840638
"Better" is an objective term.

Most people here are probably using magic for themselves, and are doing things with it that likely don't affect your life at all.

Meme magic on the other hand, often comes with it's own advertising campaign, and is generally used for bigger things that would be extremely noticeable to anyone who knows what to look for.

From the normie perspective, meme magic may seem better, but that's only because it's the only form of magic that people like you will ever experience.
>>
>>18841375
>people think participating in a marketing campaign is the height of spiritual bliss
>[spiritual materialism intensifies]
>>
File: 1468007038440.jpg (199KB, 436x600px) Image search: [Google]
1468007038440.jpg
199KB, 436x600px
I just want to say thanks to everyone who took the time to post some reading material and give some seasoned advice on them.

A lot of time this board is just name calling and 'holier than thou' attitude : [
>>
File: 1491016830460.jpg (505KB, 1338x974px) Image search: [Google]
1491016830460.jpg
505KB, 1338x974px
>>18841346
O.T.O. is pretty satanic. Can't see why you wouldn't think a 2 month old fetus is not a living thing.
http://www.esoteric.msu.edu/VolumeV/Unleashing_the_Beast.htm
http://www.parareligion.ch/sunrise/xi.htm
>>
>>18841434
Would*
>>
>>18841434
So I guess it would be no use in explaining the meaning and purpose of the document to you in great detail since you've already made up your mind.

Also, Koenig is the greatest historian the Order has.

Anyway what in the blue fuck does any of this have to do with Abramovic again?
>>
>>18841450
From what I've seen of /x/, there's always room to learn
>>
>>18838858
>>18838858
This?
http://www.exoticindiaart.com/book/details/santarasa-and-abhinavagupta-s-philosophy-of-aesthetics-rare-book-NAG035/
>>
Ape, do you intend on uploading more western religious traditions or more eastern?
I kind of want to study western systems that have advanced wankery like energy centers and whatnot but aren't based on eastern thought.
>>
I have developed an interest in the Goetia and would like to summon a spirit for an urgent task.

Is there a minimum amount of prerequisite knowledge and skill one should have or can you jump right in?

Can anyone offer a simple rite or book containing one, that should work well for a beginner?

Thanks!
>>
>>18842133
LMD's illustrated goetia is probably as basic as it gets without going to the /sum/ thread with the redacted pastebin.

>>18842132
>more Western texts
>in a library with 3.75k Western texts
Al...right?

>>18841876
Yes.
It's also in my library.
>>
>>18842133
Also, I don't think Illustrated Goetia Teaches LBRP, so you'll want to learn that if it doesn't and you don't know it already.
>>
>>18842561
I think he may have folded the GRP into his iteration of Bornless One.
>>
>>18842571
Really? Hmm I'll have to look into that. Where can I find the original Bornless in your library?
>>
>>18842546
Is LMD's goetia even effective?
>>
>>18842580
If you open with GRH it is. I can't say otherwise though
>>
>>18842580
Sure, it hits all the basic points of the structure.
I'd go historical but he wants baby steps.

Actually Crowley might do that or I may just be confusing my liner notes in M:TP, I don't have either in front of me.

>>18842579
ORIGINAL?
Shit, depends on what you mean.
The very original is the rite in GMP. Crowley's original snippet of translations in the Lemegeton he did with Mathers then expanded into Liber Samekh.
Bits and pieces of the GMP's materials end up everywhere.
>>
>>18842593
Ok, thanks. I know the LMD version is abridged, and that's what I've been working with due to my lack of Samekh. I should be able to print Samekh out without using up a lot of ink right? I seem to remember it being only a couple pages, and it's not my printer.
>>
>>18842608
Only seven pages if you don't print out the front matter and the second part which is explanation (but read it tho).
>>
The original goetia doesnt mention any extra rituals, just the difficult-to-make tools, time of day and moon phase.
Does the GRP in newer grimoires replace that or was it always unnecessary?
>>
File: 1487293862381.gif (494KB, 387x305px) Image search: [Google]
1487293862381.gif
494KB, 387x305px
So after initial perusing, there's all these "schools" of magic(Chaos, Hermetic, Goetia, etc)
Does this work on a "use whatever works for you" basis, or are some of them objectively wrong?

Also, what's the opinion on Bardon? Is he worth reading?
>>
>>18841434
>http://www.esoteric.msu.edu/VolumeV/Unleashing_the_Beast.htm
pretty good article, if that's satanism we could use more of it. It does make me curious why he never seems to have read arthur avalon
>>
>>18842627
Even partisans of different techniques will usually tell you that the others work but that they're limited or harmful for x reason. Most people draw from multiple schools, and most schools (including the three you mention) draw from multiple schools.
Bardon is not in my opinion worth reading. Some folks swear by him, but i suspect that's because he's their first exposure to effective techniques
>>
>>18842646
>Bardon is not in my opinion worth reading
Is there someone else you'd recommend in his place?
>>
Is the goods lbrp legit?
The golden dawn lbrp has been effective so far, are the claims that it marks you for leeching true?
>>
>>18842666
>are the claims that it marks you for leeching true?
No, not so far as I'm aware. Where did you hear this?
>>
>>18842713
If you're talking about the one from Regardie I can say definitively, no.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosicrucianism

Rep my own beast religion
>>
>>18842740
>religion
>links wikipedia
>very first line of article calls it a cultural movement.

I'm sure you're very dedicated. Here's your (You).
>>
>>18842746
Weirdly enough a (You) doesn't show up on my page.
>>
>>18842546
>Al...right?

Drop the asian boner, it just mental wankery.
>>
>>18842773
My "Asian boner" is more or less confined to Kashmir, Northern Nepal, and South Tibet, unless you've got your hands on the unpublished Japanese Skull Tantras.
>>
>>18842781
The ones that went under? I guess that's out of my reach, I'm interested too.
>>
Does anybody know WTF is going on over in the /sum/ thread? Looks like it's devolving into a shitfest of LARP and wizard fights. One guy claims he just banishes and draws circle in the dirt, and the next guy apparently doesn't do anything but kindly ask them to appear...this *can't* possibly be effective?
>>
>>18842895
>draws circle in the dirt
This can be legit tho if you like take your time.

>anything but kindly ask them to appear...this *can't* possibly be effective?
I highly doubt unless they've got the orations memorized and are doing mentally like AC learned to do with Samekh on the golf course or on horserides.
>>
>>18842781
>Japanese Skull Tantras

Are you talking about this?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tachikawa-ryu
Seems like a lot of obtaining "Buddha-hood" through sex magick.

The Tachikawa Skull Ritual in the article is incredibly fascinating.
>>
>>18842915
Yup.
Originals are under lock and key.
>>
>>18842897
Hmm ok thanks... Do you do all of Samekh astrally or physically? It's generally a good idea to get good doing it physically first, is it not?
>>
>>18842897
So Crowley performed evocations on the go?
>>
>>18842957
It states in the article that the described ritual is only 1/100th of the ritual. Rather intense imo.

>Originals are under lock and key.
Kept secretly in a Japanese Buddhist monastery no doubt. Do you think one could obtain access or be granted the information if one were seeped in mikkyo?
>>
>>18842897
Also,
>This can be legit
Even if there are no orations or invocations following the banishing? Sorry to bombard you with questions, I'm not really interested in simplifying the process for myself, as I kind of prefer not to take the easy route when it comes to this sort of thing, but I am interested in the mechanics of the operation(s).
>>
>>18842986
Doing it mentally is NOT the easy route.

>>18842984
We had a regular here who actually went to Japan nearby said monastery. Couldn't convince him to take a detour and beg.

>>18842969
I wouldn't call it on-the-go, he just didn't let life get in the way of his ritual schedule.

>>18842964
I usually do it physically because i have the time.
>>
>>18842998
>We had a regular here who actually went to Japan nearby said monastery. Couldn't convince him to take a detour and beg.

Damn shame.

Do you have much mikkyo teachings in your library?
>>
>>18843016
Nope.
>>
>>18843022
May I ask why? Is it a matter of obtaining legitimate sources? Or is Japanese esotericism (mikkyo) just not a sought-after thing?
>>
>>18843038
It's obscure and I have a hard enough time finding scans of the Tibetan materials.

AFAIK there's little we could do to functionally reconstruct the deep end of the practices, but I'd love to make the Thousand-Skull sometime just because.
>>
>>18842998
>easy route
I was talking about like what the people in the other thread were talking about doing, but I see I wasn't clear on that. Ok, thank you for all your answers! Where might one look to find tales of Crowley doing rites on the golf course or horseback? I really appreciate you taking the time to answer all these questions!
>>
>>18843049
Another correction:
>what the people in the other thread were talking about doing

Assuming there is nothing going on mentally, astrally, or physically other than 'nicely asking' the entity to appear. This isn't even a question I'm just posting it for the sake of clarity.
>>
>>18842895
>One guy claims he just banishes and draws circle in the dirt, and the next guy apparently doesn't do anything but kindly ask them to appear...this *can't* possibly be effective?

I think it can be, but it depends on the intensity behind your emotions and desires.

A lot of times the elaborate rituals and preparations are to put you in the right frame of mind, and if you can get there somehow, the methods may not matter as much. I also suspect that the demons are more responsive to certain individuals than others for whatever reasons they may have.

Personally I have managed to summon demons (after the initial banishment and such) by just focusing on the sigil, drawing it mentally while calling strongly out to them in my mind. It took some time, and there were no physical manifestation when they did come, but there were enough of a presence for me to work with them.

I did rearrange the room I did the summoning in, took half a day cleaning it and then carefully laying out a circle in tiny gems. The initial preparation during the day certainly put me in a different state of mind for the night that follows, and it may have helped.
>>
>>18843087
>the methods may not matter as much
"No."

>demons
"No."

>responsive to certain individuals than others for whatever reasons they may have.
Actually this is a thing. But again, see my first "no".

>no physical manifestation
Now try it with the rite.
>>
>>18843042
>grinding skulls into powder to make a skull
That's pretty metal and sounds fun. I would do it too.
>>
>>18843100
>>the methods may not matter as much
>"No."
>>demons
>"No."

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, as my methods did produce the exact results I wanted for myself. I didn't care as much about the manifestation or any cool supernatural phenomenon as opposed to just getting my results.
>>
>>18843100
Yeah, I was just going to say, I have heard of people who entities seem to have an affinity for, or vice-versa, but I always seem to get good physical results when I don't try to skimp on the opening rites. Also,

>>18839595
>you may get some high end results.

Man, did I ever!
>>
>>18843115
It's not my fault the manuscript for Lemegeton uses the word "spirit" rather than "demon".

The concept of demons appears to arise out of Weyer, who used a reference text that was long redacted from before 1563.

The sigilized and ritualized protocols appear to predate a distinctly Luciferian/demonic interpretation.
>>
>>18843152

I don't see the word demon as negative and I don't really bother making the distinction between the words spirit and demon when it comes to describing the Goetics since it seem to be used interchangeably anyway. Sorry if it appeared derogatory toward the goetic entities, it was not meant to be.

>The sigilized and ritualized protocols appear to predate a distinctly Luciferian/demonic interpretation.

That seems to be true. I do wonder if gods and spirits change and adapt according to people's perception of them, though.
>>
>>18839786
>>18839352
Bumping This
>>
>>18843224
Take that shit to /mlpol/ where it belongs, please and thanks.
>>
>>18843302

That Vril shit don't seen any less relevant for /omg than quimdaba or whatever the fuck it is.
>>
>>18843302
I disagree - I think it has some /omg/ material here.
>astral travel
>past-life memories
>communication with ethereal spirits
Etc.

>>18843224
I'm the one who posted - asking about vril.

So it starts with Atlantis. Some think it false, others think it could have possibly existed. It's a mystery of course - never been proven scientifically.

At any rate, Atlantis was said to be prosperous and advanced - essentially being able to reach the bronze age before the bronze age existed. Plato even write about it and said that Poseidon grew angry with Atlantis and sunk it into the depths.

During the late 19th century, Atlantis become a subject of proto-scientific study. People wanted to know about Atlantean culture, what happened after the flood/disaster, and if there were survivors - what did they pass on or keep intact.

Enter in theosophy, Oriental mysticism, spiritualism, and pseudo-science (Atlantology).

It was believed that Atlanteans had some mastery over occult powers - known as the vril. This energy granted them telepathy, power to heal, power to destroy, etc.

It wasn't until later that it become associated with alt-history, Nazism, and Aryan demigods until the 20th century. Hence:
>>18843302
>/mlpol/
>>
>>18843357
Sorry, I quickly wrote this on my phone - it's full of grammatical errors and misspellings...
>>
>>18843302
Hey can you point me to where this is in your library? I just opened it for the first time, It's pretty massive, excellent job friend.
>>18841876
>>
>>18836942
what am i supposed to do when i get an encryption error?
>>
>>18843377
>Eastern>Saivism>Abhinavagupta and Uttara Kaula Trika
>>
>>18843357
Atlantis was said to be fictional, by the fucking guy who wrote it (Plato), saying very clearly that it was an allegory about the dangers of hubris.
>>
>>18843357
>>18843342
>no source texts
>no coherent contemporaneous praxes
>no ethnographies
Actually yes I'd say Quimbanda is more relevant to this thread than that garbage.

People make threads on that shit all the time and I can go make one for you if that's what you wish to talk about.

Otherwise, take it to your white nationalist/whorsefucc board.

>>18843382
I dunno mate. I'm curation, not IT.
>>
>>18843406
seems to be working fine now
thanks for always posting my man
>>
>>18843406
>no source texts
>no coherent contemporaneous praxes
>no ethnographies
Well, happy April Fools Day!
>>
>>18843382
Try to get the file(s) using another browser.
>>
>>18843406
haha did they seriously combine pol and mlp? Or am I missing something?

Also, what's the score with the Enochian conjurations in LMD's Goetia? Are they particularly relevant, or is there a certain reason they need to be in Enochian?
>>
>>18843496
>haha did they seriously combine pol and mlp? Or am I missing something?
>>>/pol/

>Enochian conjurations in LMD's Goetia
To be utterly ignored.
Dr. Rudd was full of shit. Period. May be fun to tinker with but it's gonna do fuckall but obstruct the other system.
>>
>>18843501
>AHAHAHAHA that's rich!

>ok, thanks. I kinda figured that was the case, as it had Rudd written all over it, but I didn't see any citations with his name.
>>
>>18843406
>Otherwise, take it to your white nationalist/whorsefucc board.

>you wear combat boots
>the nazis wore combat boots!
>you're a fucking NAZI!!!

The thinking process of an Ape. You're well named. You better delete Liber Nigri Solis from your library then. That's fucking NAZI shit.
>>
>>18839352

Vril is basically just another word for aethem/ond, whatever you want to call it. It's no different than prana/chi/etc. The "Atlantis" shit is likely to be no more than just a fantasy. Some decent writings on Vril can be found here: http://vrilology.org/why_vril.htm (although Blumetti drags that Atlantis shit into his philosophy as well, so maybe it's just what you're looking for anyway!)
>>
>>18843562
Sounds like a deal.
Myatt can stay though.

At least he had a tenuous grasp on functional ethnohistory.
>>
>>18843469

D'oh, he sure as hell got me. Does a good job pretending to be an expert know-it-all adept too.
>>
>>18843597
You mistake me my friend. I was saying that I was pranking Ape - I knew he'd get riled up with psuedo-magick conjectures.

I even got this Anon too
>>18843400
Hehehe

If anything, I praise Ape for his library and diligence. C'mon, don't you believe in having fun too?
>>
>>18843597
Never claimed to know it all, or even be a specialized expert.

Just particularly well read.

I ain't y'all's guru.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWTvZUdalio

>>18843578
>>18843562
K, gone.
>>
>>18843611
Man whya gotta be like dat? I *just* sent my brownshirt to the dry-cleaner and polished my jackboots. I'll just just mix a big glass of let-me-go-fuck-myself.
>>
File: 1418236959829.jpg (949KB, 884x1402px) Image search: [Google]
1418236959829.jpg
949KB, 884x1402px
>>18843609

You don't need that fancy shit to do magic. You're trying to create results, not writing an archaeology book.
>>
>>18843562
>fucking NAZI!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6yaMFQZ9Xg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToS6fmfmDPk
>>
>>18843625
Did you really delete that book from your library? It's been on my to download list for a while. Don't delete shit because you get trolled by nazis, black Sun/Saturn worship is a legitimate praxis even without the nazi shit attached to it
>>
>>18843609
Well, you can use that as an excuse for making an ass of yourself, if it makes you feel better. We'll even pretend to believe it!
>>
File: 1491077308950.jpg (46KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1491077308950.jpg
46KB, 480x480px
>>18843706
Yessir I did.
Fuck Theion Publishing.
They weren't exactly a backbone of the library.

https://youtu.be/mywmVmpPU4s
>>
>>18843731
Well, I'm glad you didn't delete any Temple of Set stuff just because the use Nazi daggers and all. Who's dagger is it anyway? I wanna say Himmler (my ex's father is a fucking SPITTING image of Himmler, and the come from very German roots) but I can't remember for sure
>>
>>18843731
Well what would a better source be for the Black Sun praxis if you hate that publisher? I understand that the Cube/Black Sun/Saturn mystery is submerged in misinformation and shitty edge lord aesthetics but it's a huge part of many initiatory systems as well
>>
>>18843562
Good going faggot you got an interesting and rare book deleted from the Mega. This is what happens when you shit where you eat.
>>
>>18843747
>the use Nazi daggers and all
As far as I can tell that's just Aquino's personal /his/ autism.

>>18843749
>huge part of many initiatory systems
[citation missing]

>>18843752
>Theion Publishing
>interesting
Pick one.
>>
>>18843752
>shit where you eat
I do not think that phrase means what you think it means.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wujVMIYzYXg
>>
>>18843757
Ape, I've noticed in Sepher Sepheroth, some words do not appear to add up to the enumeration under which they are listed. I have begun to write them down to try and make a study of it or figure out if different methods were used to arrive at those enumerations, but do you have any insight or suggestions that may help me a long? As you know that's a lot of effing words to comb through. One example I can give off the top of my head is the entry under 945, but I can't remember what the actual entry was at this time.
>>
Ape confirmed for jewish
>>
File: IMG_1235.png (193KB, 375x602px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1235.png
193KB, 375x602px
>>18843757
Are you really going to make me write a dissertation on Saturn symbolism in western esotericism? I'm sure you studied the Fraternis Saturni documents in your own Mega. I'm sure you're aware of the theosophical connections to the Thule society. I get that Pol sucks and Nazi punks fuck off and all that but you shouldn't react to trolling by closing off a gateway to legitimate inquiry
>>
>>18843769
Don't worry about it and stick with the traditional lists via Numberman, Strong's, and Bill H's.

>>18843770
https://youtu.be/hkr9600r2fU
>>
>>18843773
It's amazing how often I visit bill H's website. I wonder if he's ever going to update the layout. Nice French prog rock btw
>>
>>18843773
Ok, two follow-ups:
By don't worry about it do you mean I'm wasting my time accumulating entries that seem off? Are they mistakes or is there something more?

Also, where can I find those? I'm not familiar with them. Thanks
>>
>>18843782
>Nice French prog rock btw
I know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdLixLtuMKA

>>18843771
>I'm sure you studied the Fraternis Saturni documents
Sure did.

>going to make me write a dissertation on Saturn symbolism
I can't make you but it'd be nice to have something more than paranoid infographics on-hand ;)
>>
>>18843785
>Are they mistakes or is there something more?
Mixed bag. Alternate routes through the word. There are variations in Gematria obscure for Rabbis. Crowley also fudged more than a few calculations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkC08sicP6Q

>find those
http://www.eliyah.com/lexicon.html (et al.)
numberman.net
http://www.billheidrick.com/works/hgemat.htm
>>
File: IMG_1236.gif (4KB, 198x256px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1236.gif
4KB, 198x256px
"All the supposed abominations, the skeletons and death’s head, the coffins and the mysteries, are mere bogeys for children. But there is one dangerous element and that is the element I have copied from them. They form a sort of priestly nobility. They have developed and esoteric doctrine more merely formulated, but imparted through the symbols and mysteries in degrees of initiation. The hierarchical organization and the initiation through symbolic rites, that is to say, without bothering the brain by working on the imagination through magic and the symbols of a cult, all this has a dangerous element, and the element I have taken over. Don’t you see that our party must be of this character...? An Order, the hierarchical Order of a secular priesthood."

-Adolf Hitler
>>
>>18843802
Thank you SOO much. Yes I've seen that throughout his work, the fudging of calculations. I tend to be more receptive of it when he did it by using a final where an initial/medial should be or vice-versa, or using a large letter or adapting a spelling, than the more outright forms of chucklefuckery.
>>
>>18843808
I wish I had the pic of the Vichy France festival in which the NatSocs were using Agrippan solar seals on this computer.

https://youtu.be/I3395sRfD24
>>
>>18843791
I don't have shit for infographics on my phone, enjoy this verse from the Bible instead:
And you took up the tent of Molek, and the star of your mighty one Kiyyun, images which you made to bow before them. Therefore I shall remove you beyond Bab'el
Acts 7:43
>>
>>18843823
Hey.

You.

Hush around the normies, aye?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI0BO575x8w
>>
>>18843819
Ape do you happen to have "Opening the Gates for the Daemons of the Void" in any of your Chumbley stuff? I'm having trouble finding it
>>
>>18843841
Ape, when you said
>Actually Crowley might do that
Here >>18842593

Were you referring to
>If you open with GRH it is. I can't say otherwise though
Here >>18842590 ?

or
>I think he may have folded the GRP into his iteration of Bornless One.

Here >>18842571 ?
>>
File: 1489254418931.jpg (1MB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1489254418931.jpg
1MB, 1280x1280px
>>18843845
>Opening the Gates for the Daemons of the Void
>google with quotes
>zero hits

Gimmie more info. If nothing else I can pick through the index of Soro Pasht Akhti's catalog and see if there's anything relevant.

Sounds like something out of Totemic Invokation of the Shadow Selves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVmL3kXSePQ
>>
>>18843864
That's because I fucked up the title, It's actually
“Opening the Way for the Daemons of the Void”
>>
>>18843861
>GRP
That one and it's pretty clear that I was confusing my own liner notes on Samekh with what Crowley actually directed.

Do pardon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyz5ql87ls4
>>
>>18843864
>>18843877
It appears to be in Starfire Vol. II, No. 2, 1998, which im not sure you have on the Mega but I feel like I could find somewhere if I looked hard enough
>>
>>18843877
>five hundred wingwangs
There's a copy for two hundred for sale at Weiser.
>>
>>18843902
I have 1.5 and 2.1; just grabbed a copy of 2.4, fat lot of good that does you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9W2Z4CTGsCk
>>
File: s-l1600[1].jpg (128KB, 1205x1600px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600[1].jpg
128KB, 1205x1600px
>>18843902
>>18843903
>>18843920
Thanks for trying anyway, I'll find it someday when it finds me. Are you planning on scanning those mags to the Mega? There's gold in a lot of them if you look hard enough
>>
>>18843929
I really shoulda bought 'em from Ben when I had the chance.

I can't tell if that reseller is pissing me off or giving me hope.

Somewhere floating out there is a new copy of Green Gospel and the Initiation Rite.
>>
Why isn't there any /omg/ board yet?
>>
>>18843953
Hey I see there was some talk of Headless/Bornless going on... is Duquette's version a good jumping off point for one who maybe isn't ready to go full-bornless?
>>
>>18843986
Just work Stratton-Kent's the Headless One.
>>
>>18843953
That's why I always browse random occult shops extensively. You never know what they might have amongst the junk. It'd be cool if you scanned Starfire, I know there are a number of Nema/Kennith Grant fans who use your Mega
>>
>>18843990
I'll try to find it, thanks
>>
>>18844027
It's 3 dollars but I know I didn't pay for it. Might be in the archive.
>>
>>18844031
>Might be in the archive
>Grimoires>Hadean Press
>>
>>18844052
Hush now, I'm drunk and ordering nootropics. Need that bacopa to counteract years of smoking weed and pirating occult literature. How is phenylpiracetam hydrazide?
>>
>>18844052
Thakya. So the original GMP actually contained the name AIWASS? That's what the book is indicating but I was kinds surprised.
>>
>>18844056
>phenylpiracetam hydrazide
The ladyfriend likes it. I don't really notice it unless it's cocktail'd with something else.
>>
Is the arbatel of magic legit?

It provides the names and sigils of a few Olympian spirits but claims the method to summoning them only involves two short prayers.
>>
Hi im really new to all this and i think i messed up bad. i was practicing an envoking, no sigils down or anything. The room got dark right above my head and behind me.I felt like someone was sitting on my shoulders. im kinda worried i may have fucked up. Advice?
>>
>>18844556
>Banish and cold shower.
Have you had any odd occurrences since that experience?
>>
>>18844570
did a banishing three times and took a quick shower drying off right now. something weird happened when i tried to open the door. It was locked, but my bathroom can only lock from the inside
>>
>>18844570
>>18844594
fuck me i just sat down and my bed is soaking wet for some reason
>>
>>18844605
Maybe you forgot to dry your asshole.
>>
>>18844626
i hope honestly
>>
Is the source of all magical concepts throughout the world the same? Like for example are the nordic runes drawn onto armor and blood rituals of Santeria the same magic at work just channelled differently?
>>
Hey look, one of you edgelords made it to WWE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYkOsvcwxh8
>>
>>18844845
yes the source is the same because the source is the infinite void.

Its like asking if we have a common ancestor with another animal. Yes, because we have a common ancestor with all life, but that doesn't mean we know the exact shape and form of that ancestor
>>
>>18843152
Aren't the spirits of the Goetia actually jinn?

The brass vessel, the fact that there are seventy-two of them, and the use of the name "Solomon" all seem to be alluding to Islamic jinni lore.
>>
What's a good magic system for gnostics?
I'd like to avoid spirits mostly because with my luck they'll be of the demiurge.
>>
File: Black_Rooster.png (23KB, 600x564px) Image search: [Google]
Black_Rooster.png
23KB, 600x564px
Guess who's back.
Whether for good or ill, I do not know.

Happy Sun Day, y'all.
>>
File: 14 Blood Acre.jpg (367KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
14 Blood Acre.jpg
367KB, 1200x1600px
>>18846345
We love you Palo.

You missed my big public invultation.
>>
>>18846346
Who were we shutting up?
>>
File: 11 Blood Acre.jpg (406KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
11 Blood Acre.jpg
406KB, 1200x1600px
>>18846352
This guy.
>>
>>18846357
Brutal.

https://youtu.be/j8di4wcb534
>>
File: 12 Blood Acre.jpg (482KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
12 Blood Acre.jpg
482KB, 1200x1600px
>>18846357
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gv8_WPwoSNA
>>
File: So_Fucking_Beautiful_Man.jpg (20KB, 180x244px) Image search: [Google]
So_Fucking_Beautiful_Man.jpg
20KB, 180x244px
>>18846346
Ape, I love you more than you will ever know.
What would the lady friends think?
Is that.....an Evil Tongue?
You shouldn't have!

I keep procrastinating, but I'm working on a crossing I lovingly call "Nuke it from Orbit".
>>
>>18846367
http://rodriguezmystic.blogspot.com/2016/06/how-to-be-traditional-witch-on-internet.html?m=1
>>
File: 15 Blood Acre.jpg (382KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
15 Blood Acre.jpg
382KB, 1200x1600px
>>18846367
https://youtu.be/tXz0mpGMoqI

>>18846372
It's the only way to be sure!
>>
File: 16 Blood Acre.jpg (411KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
16 Blood Acre.jpg
411KB, 1200x1600px
>>18846374
All day erry day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjWakBmGWm4
>>
File: 17 Blood Acre.jpg (382KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
17 Blood Acre.jpg
382KB, 1200x1600px
>>18846386
https://youtu.be/8A7yGmKJ-nY
>>
>>18846379
>>18846372
So guys, there's this bitch I really don't like for no truly good reason and letting go isn't working. I have this vague sense that she's going to fuck me over because I can't help but poke at the hornets' nest, both consciously and not. I'm probably being paranoid, but some bitches just need a fix and I'm not sure what is most appropriate.
>>
File: 1490061286507.jpg (90KB, 443x591px) Image search: [Google]
1490061286507.jpg
90KB, 443x591px
>>18846394
>>
File: 18 Blood Acre.jpg (425KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
18 Blood Acre.jpg
425KB, 1200x1600px
>>18846402
>>18846394
>>
>>18846412
Sweep your bloodacre, fuck.
>>
File: 1490060895232.jpg (91KB, 443x591px) Image search: [Google]
1490060895232.jpg
91KB, 443x591px
>>18846412

>>18846417
Do you see a circle and a star-maze?
No.
>>
File: Aztec_Huitzilopochtli_War.png (182KB, 341x500px) Image search: [Google]
Aztec_Huitzilopochtli_War.png
182KB, 341x500px
>>18846396
Okay, you don't like her for no good reason.
That's not a good reason to "fix" someone.

What started the hate her for no good reason?
If your issue is good enough I might have something that can help you.

I'm no good at personal logical emotional decisions, but that doesn't mean I'm just gonna give all my goodies away to the first person with irrational beef.
Do you understand what I'm trying to say to you?
>>
Anything in the library good for learning astral projection?
>>
>>18846346
What is this?
>>
>>18846478
Cow tongue with a sigil cut/burnt onto it then with the pic of a dude that itself has been sigilized affixed with dude's face against the tongue-sigil then tied with blue and green string, lovingly deposited into the brainpan of a human skull and filled with wine, nested in a wreath of firewood, peacock feathers, and various worts of the season.
>>
>>18846439
Clashing personalities. She likes saying dumb shit but can't argue worth shit so she shuts you down when you call her out. Before I knew all that, my intuition told me something was wrong and lately it's been screaming at me. I have to interact with her for another year as part of my major and don't want her getting vindictive the next time she gets blown the fuck out by me in an academic context.

Really, I just want the situation to change for the better. She's good enough at fucking herself over, but she externalizes it, I'm a smartass to the core so keeping quiet just makes what does come out three times worse, and our judiciary committee is draconian.
>>
>>18846604
Have you tried giving her the D?
>>
https://soundcloud.com/saganictemple/sets/hail-sagan
>>
File: IMG_20170402_113427536.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170402_113427536.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
>>18846624
Which one should I give her?
>>
File: omg3.png (189KB, 321x441px) Image search: [Google]
omg3.png
189KB, 321x441px
>>18846635
>/omg/ in one pic
>>
File: IMG_20170401_182209835_HDR.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170401_182209835_HDR.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
>>18846641
Needs more poisonous herbs.
>>
>>18846635
I'd say Crackers rather than David; more familiar, more naturally-sized, not all girls are gonna like a point, and a bit of curve goes a surprisingly long way.
>>
>>18846624
I wouldn't waste time on it.
She'd probably file sexual harassment if you sneezed at her too many times.
>>
>>18846635
The one on the bottom certainly looks more beginner-friendly.

I'm curious as to what's in those tins though? Open 'em up!
>>
What's good beginner stuff when you wanna get your hands on things done?
>>
>>18846660
The crackers is a firm and larger around to boot. It'll get the job done but it's not for the faint of heart.

>>18846663
That's the vibe I get. Easily triggered and full of wrong ideas about the world. Thankfully that won't work in her favor.

>>18846683
Those haven't found a use yet.
>>
>>18843706
http://katab.asia/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Liber_Nigri_Solis.pdf
I'd suggest to get this now. You never know. I still miss all those B movies that would be always there in Megaupload to get later, and that now are gone forever.

Oh, and remember to make backups. Preferably in paper.
>>
>>18843578
>>18836942
Ape, by the way. Out of curiosity, which sphere did you reach? I wouldn't want to lose the library becuase you become unable to teach after reaching Binah.
>>
>>18846730
Instead of just ignoring you, I will link this, which you should read in its entirety, along with the recommended books, to understand why what you want is not possible.

http://www.mystery-school.net/furtherteachings/treeoflife/ch01.htm
>>
>>18846795
>you will never succeed because I'm jewish

Cool, I'm gnostic, I don't see how I cannot succeed because you're jewish.
>>
>>18836972
TAoT, my dude. Please tell me Book of Enoch is in your library, if yes under what? Greatly appreciate it.
>>
At the library, under the Wicca tab there's a problem with the book 'Wicca Book Of Spells.pdf'.

It's an advertisement pdf.
>>
>>18847122
There's a lot of junk on the mega. A lot of duplicates, too. It definitely could use a woman's touch.
>>
>>18846766

Thanks, you have been a great help
>>
RE: Essex witchcraft. If one in four girls were accused of doing it, that means three out of four were actually doing it and one was a snitch. Was it trendy in the modern sense or more traditional? The Dee connection makes me believe the former.
>>
File: sora eyebrow.jpg (10KB, 261x266px) Image search: [Google]
sora eyebrow.jpg
10KB, 261x266px
>>18847122
>Wicca Book Of Spells.pdf
>>
>>18847618
>Was it trendy in the modern sense or more traditional
Both; it was syncretic.
See Grimoire of Arthur Gauntlet who describes himself as a cunning man and had a female seer.
>>
>>18847638
Would you say that magick is generally more masculine while divination is generally more feminine?
>>
>>18847649
Neither, although the sight is more often attributed to women and delicious shota. Nevermind that outside of ceremonial works, magic is the de facto realm of women and fags across cultures because men are too hot headed for it.
>>
File: 1357609389933.jpg (78KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1357609389933.jpg
78KB, 1024x576px
>>18847661
By the sight, I mean scrying and seeing as opposed to other divinatory methods.
>>
File: 180px-FunComic.png (54KB, 180x691px) Image search: [Google]
180px-FunComic.png
54KB, 180x691px
>>18847677
Dwarf Fortress is FUN.
>>
>>18847691
Oh for fuck's sake.
>>
Does magic Doctor Strange-like exist?
>>
>>18847694
I remember one of the first times I played this game, I got a dwarf stuck at the bottom of a mineshaft because I couldn't figure out how to make stairs. When I finally got him out, he drank like ten barrels of ale in a row, lol. And then he wouldn't go near the mines again, like he was suddenly afraid of them.
>>
Quick question. If I get a demon summoning symbol as a tattoo am I fucked or will they see me as a follower of theirs.
>>
>>18847746
Doctor Strange is better than Harry Potter, but that is like saying that Iron Man is better than Inspector Gadget.
>>
File: Goose_Be_Gone_Feather_Fan.jpg (4KB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
Goose_Be_Gone_Feather_Fan.jpg
4KB, 267x200px
>>18846738
Nudge her to quit her classes long enough for you to get finished up and hit the trail.
Try working with bird wings or bird feathers.
Sounds like she might be "flighty".
Push her to take flight, right on out of there.

Turkey feathers are good for banishing.
Try goose feathers for migration.
When all else fails, make some Hot Foot Powder out of Cayenne Pepper, Black Pepper, Salt, Grave Dirt, if you have any gunpowder, you can throw that in as well.
You can put Hot Foot Powder anywhere she crosses.
Like on the ground near her Driver's door on her car.
You could make it into a paste with a teaspoon of water and smear it on the underside of her car door.
Best case scenario she gets it on her, pulls back and wipes it on her pants....and it follows her all day doing it's work.
Worst case scenario, she wipes it on a tissue that she discards after wiping off her door handle as well.

Basil, Bay Leaves, and Peppermint are also good for ridding yourself of enemies and annoying acquaintances.

Try burning some of these and fanning them with goose feathers while imagining her choosing to fly away and do something else with her life - something that suits her better and will give you some peace for a bit.

Fun fact, I keep one or two turkey and goose feathers in the back seat of my car for speedy transit and to "fan away" negativity during my rides to and from work.
>>
File: Thessaly-DC-Comics-Sandman.jpg (85KB, 500x800px) Image search: [Google]
Thessaly-DC-Comics-Sandman.jpg
85KB, 500x800px
>>18847808
Thessaly > Doctor Strange.
>>
>>18848139
Sandman (Dream)>Constantine>Doctor Strange>Doctor Fate>Harry Potter
>>
File: 1462014002918.jpg (29KB, 288x432px) Image search: [Google]
1462014002918.jpg
29KB, 288x432px
bump
>>
>>18846357
Not sure if you own a slow cooker, but tongue is pure butter after 9 hours on low
>>
How do I get into thelema, what should be my first steps? What must I have and what should I follow?
>>
>>18846357
is that mark passio?
>>
Hey, I remember finding a PDF a while back that contained a number of descriptive essays which went into detail of how one could go out into the woods or to a crossroads and contact a spirit, how to cross the hedge, and a number of other things associated with witchcraft, rootwork, and the cunning craft. It was noteworthy in that some of the essays were couched in Christian terminology, saying the witch worked with Satan and should be cast out, some talked about "holy" magic, and some didn't seem to conform to this paradigm at all. I also recall it not drawing much, if at all, on vodou, which is unusual.

If anyone knows what I'm talking about, PLEASE help me find it.

>>18848182
I'd agree if you swapped the first two.
>>
>>18849462
first step is knowing crowley is a black magician and every one of his symbols is designed to trick and enslave you while making you think youre making progress.. second step is to get into something else please even if you want to do bad shit thelema is no good
>>
>>18849462 the first step is to ignore wankers like
>>18850388 who have no clue what they are talking about, or even what black magick is, apparently, then to read all class B documents in Ape's library, on top of some others which somebody more qualified can recommend... I would say read Liber L but that may not be the best, so good luck!
>>
>>18836942
Hey. I reintroduced the /sum/ pastebin into the OP a few months back. My actions have an impact in the world.
>>
>>18837025
The amount of interesting stuff that was produced on TV just a few decades ago is surreal. The world is going to shit isn't it?
>>
>>18850408
The reason I say that about L is that, while it's one of the first Thelemic texts I ever read, Ape said something about it not even being recommended by the O.T.O until later on, for reasons the escape me at the moment (potential obsession, perhaps?)
>>
>>18850472
Yes. Enjoy the ride.
>>
>>18850388
Oh, so you are a being of light.
I mean, who told you the light gets to lick every ass on sight just for sport?

>>18850408
Tbh I'm just looking for a system that doesn't interfere with my spirituality like "light" tends to do when some wanker believes he is a champion of light and must tell everybody to give away money and let people smack the fuck out of you!
>>
>>18837025
>fucking grave robbing niggers shatter a thousand-year-old funerary jar with a dumb grin in their faces

>Big Brother was a mistake
>t. Mother
>>
>>18850583
I mean, Thelema might be for you... I guess it depends on what you mean by 'spirituality'. Hopefully Ape will drop in and comment...if not, he will probably make a new thread (since this is past the bump limit). I have made the last couple on the assumption he was too busy with school and work, but I'm gonna sit this one out because I was really just trying to keep the conversation going, but it ended up more like I was hijacking the thread. So, yeah.
>>
>>18837025
Are the Mother and the 9 worlds analogous to the Sephiroth or am I reading too much into it?
>>
Where do I find the Scientology docs dealing with astral projection in the library?
>>
>>18850648
I don't know if there are any or not, but I know you can find something on youtube. Let me see if I can find a link.
>>
>>18850648
Was I talking to you in another thread a little while back about the scientology method vs. Rising on the Planes method? Or was that someone else?
>>
>>18850661
Possibly

Is it essentially just rising on the planes, then?

Sucks to be some celebrity paying shitloads of money just to learn that
>>
>>18850749
No they are very different. I was just curious if you were the same anon. Still trying to find a link for ya I'm just at work so I keep getting interrupted.
>>
File: Latest-18.png (209KB, 432x481px) Image search: [Google]
Latest-18.png
209KB, 432x481px
>>18850388
Disinfo!

There's no such thing as "black" or "white" magic, haven't you seen The Craft?
>>
>>18850768
Crowley defined Black Magick as essentially any magickal act that isn't in the service of the Great Work. It doesn't have to be directly in that service, but at least indirectly...for instance, performing Goetic evocations that will help you along the path to that ultimate goal, in some way or another, would still be considered in the service of the Great Work.
>>
>>18850648
Pretty sure they're in "Scientology 8-8008".

Could be wrong tho.

>>18850599
Yeah, word, as an archaeologist I was [TRIGGERED].

New thread incoming.
>>
>>18850828
Cheers m8, found the file

Basics of it seem to be similar to A.'.A.'./GD style, which would make sense given Hubbard's background
>>
Are there any good rituals to raise my self-esteem?
Thread posts: 326
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.