[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New here. Any of you guys proficient in magick? I've read

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: 124214235.gif (15KB, 220x143px) Image search: [Google]
124214235.gif
15KB, 220x143px
New here. Any of you guys proficient in magick? I've read a few books and to be honest the bare bones of it is (for what I could tell):
Clear intent (visualization as it having already happened helps for me)
Charged emotions (love seems to work for me or just gratitude that the imagined thing DID happen), also accepting that you are unable to bring about the manifestation by force. What qualifies force though? Sometimes you have to take physical action towards the goal. Is "force" being upset when it doesn't work out?
>>
File: tmp_1056-giphy294679934.gif (450KB, 320x119px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_1056-giphy294679934.gif
450KB, 320x119px
>>18835942
ask him
>>
>>18835955
epick meme :^)
>>
I think I am. You have to be able to "read" the universe, its kind of all ways relaying information in its own way. Your relationship with it is symbiotic IMO so "forcing" or asserting power you don't have will just go bad for you. The game is like a smooth beat, just go with that flow and imagine and you already know.
>>
>>18835981
Tbh the scary part is how does it work in the present when it manifests through coincidence? The only result would be that time is no linear. I guess quantum physicists did say this for a while but it's kinda hard to understand what something means using theory alone.
>>
>>18835988
Not sure yet but I imagine its a grand scheme. Every mind is in their own matrix when its conscious and it forms and relays information as any other. There is a constant wave from the universe whether you feel it or not, certain music is literally like spell being cast if your heart feels it. I believe the subconscious brain and base "soul" or whatever you'd like to call it relay a lot of information that interact with the stuff around you and with a focus and passionate will you can make things subtly manifest but its hard if you don't understand the way the universe "is".
>>
>>18836022
To be honest this bible verse helped me the most when it comes to magick.

Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. And when you stand to pray, if you hold anything against another, forgive it, so that your Father in heaven will forgive your trespasses as well. But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.
-Matthew 24-25

My guess is that God as depicted in this part is just the result of your own action, albeit results that you might not truly realize at the time, much like some alcoholics still see alcohol as a friend. Not forgiving others hurts you more than them. The commandments are stuff that is not beneficial for you not stuff that God doesn't want you to enjoy. Much like you'd say to a kid don't put your hands in the fire.
>>
>>18836048
Its all very intricate and complex, so many different ways to see it.
>>
I've been wondering the same thing as OP. Tbh I have depression and a lot of issues and just went through a hellish breakup and I started to look more and more into herbal healing, crystals, aromatherapy and eventually magic and spells in themselves. I'm so much of skeptic douchebag that I'm having a hard time believing in any of it, and wondering what putting faith in 'intent' and 'knowing something' really is. I'd love to make some kind of witchcraft part of my daily routine but I'm struggling.
>>
I credit sigil magic for curing my depression. Think less; do more.
>>
>>18837386
You sound a lot like me.
When I got lonely, I started to look more into nature for some reason. Part of me knows and sometimes acknowledges the fact that I'm nothing more than an animal. That human beings as a whole are nothing more than animals trying to prove that they're something more than that. So I looked to nature. I looked at the plants in my garden and wondered what they could do for me. What kind of trees did what. What things in nature meant, symbolically. All this led to me introducing myself to Druidry. Finding spirituality in nature and the universe on it's own seems like the most honest thing that could come of a religion.
I was always interested in Occult magick, however. The "dark Arts", the "Hidden truth", the "forbidden knowledge".
I wanted it. I still do. Not because of power, or any personal issues. I just want to know the TRUTH. I want to know that I can influence the world around me with intent alone, and not just halfheartedly believe it. So I look to some sort of practice, or ritual, or herb, or psychadelic substance, or any combination of these things to bring me to that truth.
Because I just KNOW it's in there somewhere.
>>
>>18837572
Interesting Anon. Care to explain? What did you do to help with depression?
>>
File: fringe.png (363KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
fringe.png
363KB, 1600x900px
>>18835942
regarding clear intent, pic related is one the most helpful things I've read. Its so basic and yet so logical, its the kind of thing that should be taught to children as soon as they know how to write
>>
>>18835942
Google the definition of force, and i think the second definition in both the noun and verb will help you.
>coercion or compulsion, especially with the use or threat of violence.

>make (someone) do something against their will.

These are the instances where you would be attempting to gain something through negative means, which create many more problems for both the universe (which is in a constant state of attempting to achieve total harmony) and the 'forcer' (through the law of karma). it is much simpler and easier to go with the flow of things and do what you can when you can, and make yourself stronger to be able to do more in a wider range of scenarios.
>>
>>18837639
Hey anon, I'm the person you replied to. I've felt close to nature since I can remember so your response was sort of inspiring. I think there is something viable not just in intent but in belief, people who ultimately believe they can accomplish something tend to, or continue to work until they can. Would you be willing to share any concoctions or practices you partake in?
>>
>>18837908
I'm afraid I might be too skeptical for the level of belief needed to cross that plane. I used to be a staunch athiest. Most of the time, I still am. The times that I'm not, I like to think of the universe as god. Just not the god most people imagine. The universe is uncaring and indifferent to human existence, but that does not mean our presence isn't influential to it. That, I do truly believe in. But I don't yet have the belief that I myself can do things to influence. That's what I'm working towards.

I only have one ritual that I actually carry sometimes, it's a simple cleansing/banishment ritual. A few herbs and some frankincense with some meditation. I was so surprised the first time it worked. I live with a pretty intolerable family member, and I wanted him gone that night. So I do the ritual, And halfway through I start hearing whispers in my ear. I get spooked out of meditation and decide I'm finished, close the circle, etc...
Turns out that the family member got scared in the middle of the night and left. Didn't come back for a week. He didn't say exactly what made him leave, but he did ask my aunt that "if she was up to anything, she should tell him now". My aunt used to practice witchcraft.
>>
>>18837944
It's interesting you say that, because I'm so skeptical myself I find it hard to grasp even the thought of whispers, not to say you're horseshitting.

Last night I sat myself down and did a sigil, and it in itself made me feel as though maybe I do have more influence than I might think, but that could also just be because I have low regard for myself.

OP okay with general witchcraft thread?
>>
>>18840265
It's hard to grasp these things as a real possibility until they actually happen. And when they do, strangely enough, you don't feel as critical as you did before. Maybe because it's so odd, or the coincidences line up so perfectly that you don't care as much to give it a second thought. I think that's where belief starts, in the little proofs.

As to our own low self esteem, I think it may be a massive hindrance. Sort of a "How can you believe in/Love anything if you don't first believe in/love yourself?" type of deal.
>>
>>18840582
I think it truly is and being unable to love myself was a huge impact on my last relationship and it's something I've always struggled with. So somehow I ended up in a place trying to appreciate myself, as well as become more open to spiritual healing. That's why I'm sort of asking around, I'd like to know what practices and teachings have worked for others because I'm too skeptical to just grab a book and start playing with shit.
>>
File: IMG_20170324_125820_804.jpg (50KB, 610x610px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170324_125820_804.jpg
50KB, 610x610px
>>18841122
Holy shit man, you really are me, aren't you? Seriously how old are you? This could get spoopy
>>
>>18841256
Lmfao 23. I'd totally be willing to exchange any kind of chat info's if you're down.
>>
>>18841122
>>18841256
Souls aren't found, they are made, with soul meaning broadly what comprises who you are. If you want self-respect, you actively seek to act on being respectful to yourself and noticing ways in which you fulfill it. If you want self-value, you seek out things that aid in affirming that value. For example making a schedule of your valuable time, so that the creep of subconscious habit or wasteful diversions (remember that relaxation, recreation and play are valuable uses of your time when not in excess) is minimized. Psychologically this reinforces the behavior because you consciously aknowledge and reward yourself with the good feeling of accomplishment and empowerment, so over time it becomes habit and reflex. Think of yourself as a literary character, which you actually are, who you are is the story you tell about yourself to yourself. The role you wish to take over your life is self-authorship, to determine what your basic values are and how to act on them. Journaling in this respect becomes not a mere therapeutic outlet but a way to organize one's thoughts concretely on paper and a deeply philosophical and existential exercise.
>>
>>18841524
This was really interesting anon, cheers. I've started journaling a bit here and there but I think I'll try to get more into it.
>>
>>18841290
Yeah man, can't say I'll be an active communicator though. Being Caught between salvaging a broken relationship and work leaves me with not so much time. Did you wanna use kik or email or what?
>>
>>18835942
It seems like positive "white" or "service-to-others" magic! Nice.
>>
>>18837639
Not the one you were talking to, but have you read the Law of One? For me it's the material that feels the most like truth to me, while being extremely positive in nature. There is even talk about wanderers that explains a lot of "outcasts" feeling some people have. I've also always been very in love with nature. It's seemingly unbelievable but it resonated a lot with me.
Here, if you're interested.
>llresearch.org
>lawofone.info
:)
>>
>>18843092
Also might interest >>18837908 but I don't know.
I hope so.
>>
>>18842894
Aw no worries then mate, best to you and your relationship though. I know how it is.
>>18843092
>>18843106
Will totally check this out, thank you so much!
>>
>>18843491
You're welcome, I hope you find it helpful!
-
23 here too btw...do you want to exchange chat info since you offered to earlier (with another person... don't want to cause confusion ahah!)? I'm not good at conversations, but I like new friends. :)
>>
>>18843529
I'm shit at talking but sure anon, we already have a few topics going that we could discuss haha. I have discord, e-mail, skype but I'm not on er much
>>
>>18845194
Ok, I have to go now but I made a discord some time ago it's 4chanlawofone. I suck at talking to but it'd be nice to keep up.
>>
>>18845259
Oh,
4chanlawofone#9728
>>
Never really researched or been on /x/ but could you use this power for your own gain?
>>
>>18835942
>Charged emotions
This one works for me. It is strange. It is not always right. But either way it works. Make sure you are in the right before you start feeling.
>>
What exactly is meant by charged emotions? Is it similar to intent?
>>
>>18849427
it's when for example your are so angry at someone the anger takes 99% of your mental processes
>>
>>18849437
Sorry, just wondering what it accomplishes though? Is feeling the certain emotion deeply helpful in your magick?
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.