[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Not LARPing, this has legitimately changed my life For 10 days

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1432696545950.jpg (98KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1432696545950.jpg
98KB, 640x480px
Not LARPing, this has legitimately changed my life

For 10 days straight I was in a constant state of fear, hopelessness, severe depression, and was constantly confused and disoriented.

I ended up in the hospital and was about to lose my job and completely ruin my life. As I laid back in the hospital bed, accepting that everything was going to go to shit, I felt a sudden intense pleasureful feeling in the left side of my head. I opened my eyes and suddenly felt terrific. Every single symptom was gone. My anxiety, confusion, and severe depression instantly vanished. That was around 1AM. I promptly convinced the hospital that I was fine and was allowed to return home. Ever since then I've been excelling at my job, I've been confident, and things that always caused anxiety seem like no big deal.

The change happened in less than a minute, and started as soon as I felt this bizarre pleasure sensation in my head.

Does anybody have any idea how this can happen? Going from your lowest point to a state of optimal productivity and feeling positive?

I'm 4 days into this change. I've struggled with this anxiety and other problems for years and it all went away in less than 60 seconds. I have no idea what to make of it.
>>
>>18834286
that sounds a little bit like a bipolar shift. hypomania can sometimes be very productive, rather than it's more problematic extreme of mania.
>>
>>18834290
That was considered, but I've been putting up with anxiety and depressive conditions for 10 years and have never been diagnosed with bipolar specifically because I have never been manic or anything of the sort. Suddenly, while at my absolute lowest point I have ever been, I feel fine. I don't feel supercharged or invincible, I just feel normal. Everything went away. I've never had a mood swing sort of condition, and have certainly never been in this situation, despite having an extensive psychiatric history. I've experienced a lot when it comes to my psychological well-being, but never this.
>>
>>18834304
i think you should still consider it a possibility, especially since you have a history of depression. keep track of this change in the coming weeks and months.
>>
>>18834322
It's all I've been able to think about.

Another thing to note is that every night as I try to fall asleep, my body starts acting up after I close my eyes. I feel intense, unpleasant sensations all over and it becomes increasingly intense the longer my eyes are shut. If I open them and move around, they go away.

Any thoughts on that?
>>
>>18834286
Could be the beginning of a manic or psychotic episode, only time will tell. If you still see a psychiatrist definitely tell him about this.
>>
>>18834330
I haven't seen a psychiatrist for months and don't take anything. This is only because I improved so much and have felt fine since then. At the start of the 10 days, I suddenly worsened for no apparent reason. Right as things were at their worst, I somehow changed to be the best I've felt yet.

Again, never diagnosed as bipolar even while seeing a psychiatrist and other doctors regularly for 5 years.
>>
>>18834286
youre a fucking schizo
>>
>>18834328
i get restless leg syndrome, which feels like that but confined specifically to the muscles in my lower legs.

You might want to talk to a neurologist or something for this kind of symptom.
>>
>>18834344
The strangest thing that stood out is that the intense, brief pleasure I felt was directly where there brain's Angular Gyrus is, which controls cognitive reasoning, memory, and coordination. Those were the biggest symptoms I was struggling with. As soon as I felt that positive feeling there, all those symptoms went away.
>>
>>18834337
I'm more tending towards schizophrenia with my layman diagnosis over the internet, especially after this post >>18834328 but I'm not a psychiatrist. (just happened to study psychology and have a history of mental illness myself)

Just saying the depression could be a prodromal symptom of something more grave. Just to be sure, I'd check with a psychiatrist or neurologist, whatever this is, it isn't normal.

Also a psychiatrist naturally wouldn't give you the diagnosis of bipolar or schizo, just depression so far, but this sensation of feeling better so suddenly is something new. If it stays this way on a normal productive level, good for you.

But if it becomes abnormally good, if you get the sensation of feeling even better, of being able to think and act better as anyone around you for example, of being able to function exceptionally well better than anyone else, be very cautious and see a psychiatrist asap. That's only one step away from feeling like the chosen one, being able to think better than anyone here on earth here to save everyone getting terribly delusional about it, but at this point it will be too late, because you will be in full blown psychosis and on your mission to save humanity with no intend to see a psychiatrist...
>>
>>18834286
>The change happened in less than a minute, and started as soon as I felt this bizarre pleasure sensation in my head.
>Does anybody have any idea how this can happen?
It's a tumor. Much like this thread.
>>
>>18834286
>accepting that everything was going to go to shit
You accepted the worst possible case scenario, things can only improve from there and as a general rule, they always do. You were obviously clinging onto something that provoked this anxiety, maybe your job, and the second you let it go the anxiety stopped. It's like constantly thinking of an ex after a recent breakup, after you finally let the ex go and move past them, the pain stops.

[spoiler]alternatively it could be a maniac depressive episode but i'm no psychiatrist[/spoiler]
>>
>>18834377
I had a CT scan of my brain, I don't have a tumor.
>>
>>18834364
Either this or you have become a Shaman
>>
>>18834386
These dubs suggest otherwise:
>>18834377
>>
Keep in touch with a psychiatric professional as mania and delusions of grandeur are no fucking joke. Outside of that this would not be the first time someone experiences a sudden cessation or onset of mental health issues. Despite the common thought that we never grow new brain cells we do, just at a much slower rate than any other part of the body. You may have had a new synapse form that corrected the neurological issues you were having beforehand. If that's the case cheers anon enjoy your new life!
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.