[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

tfw you realize magick is all psychological and not paranormal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 13

File: BLOG-FD-face.jpg (22KB, 367x332px) Image search: [Google]
BLOG-FD-face.jpg
22KB, 367x332px
tfw you realize magick is all psychological and not paranormal at all. shits boring man. i wanna sell my soul for powers
>>
File: cover.jpg (202KB, 1315x2000px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
202KB, 1315x2000px
>>18832658

Most of it is... but not ALL of it. If you think that makes it boring, you need to read THIS. You might be surprised.
>>
>>18832658
wtf do you think psychology is anon? it's magic under a different name, look up the people behind it they were all deep into the occult.
>>
>>18832692
can magick make you levitate? can it allow you the ability to shapeshift? can i change my eye color by blinking? can i summon actual deities and see/hear them vividly? no. all i can do is trick myself into thinking life isnt a boring mess of shit so yay 4 magick
>>
>>18832708
You can use it to start a snazzy cult and take advantage of weak people.
>>
>tfw neckbeards believe and posit the psychological model

>OP pic related
>>
>>18832658
magic being entirely "psychological" does not make it any less magical friend, perception is the magic
>>
>>18832745
prove its not 100% psychological
>>
>>18832763
im just saying itd be a lot cooler if i could have magic powers instead of just tricking my mind to be happier with what i have
>>
>>18832774
there is no tricking, you either percieve something or not
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (46KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
46KB, 1280x720px
>>18832658
The magik start for you as soon as you start to know the true meanings of the words you use (wrongly ).
A new horizon to pursuit.

Beter listen "A whole new world " again, and this time try to grasp what they are singing to you!

Hold you breathe, it gets better. Walt Disney and many others told us what real magik is a long. You just never thought it could be true.
There is far to much to take in here, more to find then can ever be found!
It's enough to make kings and vagabonds leave the very best.
Could it be magic?
>>
I fear the trolls will soon be through.
>>
File: TheDark.jpg (313KB, 1326x854px) Image search: [Google]
TheDark.jpg
313KB, 1326x854px
>>18832658
>realize magick is all psychological and not paranormal at all

Define "paranormal..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CceZSqfKkKg
>>
>>18832769
Prove it is. Some very prominent psychologists and academics believe/believed otherwise. All I can go by is personal experience and the personal experience of others, on top of heaps of records from others I don't know but have studied the phenomenon. But I can tell you already have all the answers, so allow me to get out of your way.
>>
>>18832708
through technology everything is possible.
>>
>>18832708
This. Why call it magic anyway?
>>
>>18833779
The word itself has power.
>>
>>18833779
Tell me:
What does the word magic really means?
>>
>>18832658
The fact that it's psychological makes it more interesting because it gives it a basis in reality rather than someone just trying to seem weird and interesting.
>>
>>18833920
>it gives it a basis in reality
what you think of as reality isn't the absolute reality

you're viewing things through a western lens that stresses logic
>>
>>18832658
>magick is all psychological
All of it? No. Most of it? Yes.

You miss the point, you don't consider important things, you oversimplify, and arrive to hasty conclusions.

Things are done the way they are because that's how it is.

Remember that consciousness is fundamental... it is matter derives from consciousness, not consciousness from matter.

It's not that hard to make parlor tricks happen in the physical realm with a modicum of devotion and talent.

Like glass exploding, objects levitating, transcending distance and space, reading and inject thoughts and emotions into other people, seeing things outside the constraints of time, etc, etc, etc.

But if you wanna concentrate on the effects without looking at the cause, be my guest.

>i wanna sell my soul
As if it was a soul that could do that much. Quite honestly anon, from a purely commercial point of view, I don't think a soul of such level could be of much use to anyone unless you intend being someone else's human guinea pig and don't care about ending up all focked up.

>>18832708
This might sound a bit foked up, but I was laughing throughout your whole post. One thing's for sure, though... if that's what you choose, that's what you'll get.
>>
>>18835052
>it is matter derives from consciousness, not consciousness from matter.

Wrong. Our experience of physical reality derives from consciousness, but our consciousness is derived from physical reality. Yours is a misunderstanding based on projecting one's ego onto all reality. Kinda gross really.

>Like glass exploding, objects levitating, transcending distance and space, reading and inject thoughts and emotions into other people, seeing things outside the constraints of time, etc, etc, etc.

These are scientifically testable claims. There's never been substantial evidence that any of these things are possible. What you do often see is charlatans performing stage magic to make themselves seem powerful for social and economic benefit, which is what the _real_ sorcery is. Professional stage magicians hate people who claim to have supernatural powers because they know how easily the human mind is fooled and the tricks such people use.
>>
Sorry you're so shortsighted.
>>
>>18833995
The Eastern lens stresses the analogical, relational, atemporal/instantaneous and structural. "Being one with the universe" is understanding that all of reality is a singular continuous structure and that the divisions we use are illusory and just for convenience. The Western perspective is logical, and thus temporal because logic is step-wise and needs temporality. This is the basis of language and narrative. They aren't exclusive, but two complimentary and deeply associated fundamental perceptions of reality. This is the philosophical truth behind yin and yang and other dualities, though mythologicized they represent real observations about the mind.
>>
I like to see how every one is slowly getting smarter and coming to the same conclusions. Good stuff :)
>>
>>18832708
not without technology which is an application of another magic called science.

how does an lcd monitor work? if you know it's science, if you don't it's magic.

I don't know the science behind antigravity, instant metamorphosis, programmable digital contact lenses or creating hardcase holograms.

doesn't mean someone in the past didn't know how to do it and people forgot.
>>
>>18832658
ITT: we redefine "magick" until it is whatever it is that you're describing
Science? Magic. Psychology? Magic.
The real magic is just calling anything at all "magic" and pretending it's super special
>>
>>18835144
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semantics
Magic is semantics. Deal with it faggot.
>>
>>18835144

I don't believe in "magic" myself but damn you sound dumb as shit right now. If science & psychology fall under the category of "magic" by their definition then it is super special, you cuck.
>>
>>18833913
Your mom
>>
>>18832658
>I didn't get any results when "experimenting" because of my utter ineptness
>>
>>18835111
>consciousness is derived from physical reality
Evidence please. I can't believe I'm reading this in the 21st century. As if consciousness was some kind of byproduct of chemical reactions in the brain. Perhaps you meant another word instead of "consciousness".

For two decades that issue has already been settled by Scully, Kim et al in their delayed choice quantum eraser experiment which proved particles do not exist as objects in the absence of observation but only as scattered probabilistic waves which then form into particles when consciously observed...

In short, physical reality deriving from consciousness.

Just like Heisenberg said almost 100 years ago when he came to the conclusion in these exact words that: "Atoms or elementary particles are not real"

Of course, in the footsteps of Legget and Gard you might feel tempted to think that this is just quantum stuff that doesn't extrapolate to the macro level, but you'd be wrong in there as well as even in 2011 Simmons and Knee and many people after them demonstrated violations of the Legget-Gard inequality that prove there is no scale limit to application of these effects.

>These are scientifically testable claims.
No sh*t, Sherlock.

>There's never been substantial evidence that any of these things are possible.
With countless mystics of all ages, religious beliefs, cultural backgrounds, educational training and places on earth providing better agreement on the nature of reality for thousands of years than most scientists are able to agree on the causes of climate change you still say you have no reason to believe that it might be true.

Perhaps your English language dictionary has a different definition of "substantial evidence" than mine does.

Try to read, for instance, the yoga sutras by Patañjali where he describes a few thousands of years ago many sidhis exactly like the ones I described today.

Remember that:

Absence of proof is not proof of absence.
>>
File: 11i216s.jpg (9KB, 178x177px) Image search: [Google]
11i216s.jpg
9KB, 178x177px
>>18832658
>You realise, obviously, the idea that space is cold~ and that radiation does not affect you that much @ those specific temperatures {stability}.
>You realise being fried by van allan belt is BS.

>You also realise how to contain nuclear fusion with sound waves thus making things colder {stable}.
>'YOU' then realise why there will be war in SPACE, cuz you cant stop human trying...just te see.
>You realise then it wuz genius...
>>
File: 8zi451.jpg (55KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
8zi451.jpg
55KB, 560x560px
Rad levels will go up as you hit atmospheres...
HeH...
Nice.
>>
Magic is the ways that the blind will never get.
>>
>>18835779
>Stating a fringe interpretation of Quantum Mechanics that implies nothing about reality (or else it would make testable predictions) as fact and omitting everything relevant about this issue, giving the absolutely false stamp of scientific validity to your absolute bullshit.

THIS is the hallmark of a pseudoscientific charlatan. You are convinced of the end and so grab whatever you find useful to try to convince others of that end, you don't give a fuck about science or quantum mechanics, as shown by how you want to use it as a blunt object to push ideology, and how the gave the subject matter absolutely no respect that you would give if you actually gave fucks.

Your use of the rhetorical tactics that you are using shows an awareness that you know what you are doing as opposed to being simply someone who has fallen for bullshit. You are a con artist, and a bad one at that, as anyone who did any research into the crap you are claiming would see the red flags.

I know the game you are playing. Your post is engineered to make railroading the conversation into talk about your claims instead of your deceptive trickery.

What are your purposes? Why are you here engaging in these tactics? What do you hope to gain? Is it merely a sandbox for you to practice your sophistry?

If you do not reply, you will have proven that you are nothing that a weak coward who cowers when his bullshitting is exposed.
>>
File: 1490497840634.gif (3MB, 252x263px) Image search: [Google]
1490497840634.gif
3MB, 252x263px
>>18836224
>>
>>18836224
>I know the game you are playing (...) What are your purposes? (...) Why are you here engaging in these tactics? (...) What do you hope to gain?

Seriously. *facepalm*
>>
>>18836224
you are a gigantic faggot
>>
File: Jung.jpg (49KB, 500x371px) Image search: [Google]
Jung.jpg
49KB, 500x371px
>>18832658
>oh look, it's another "the psychology model is inherently better" thread
Not even the Patron Saint of the Psychological Model believed in the Psychological Mode.
>>
Your cowardice is shown in full. You're out of your league, which isn't much of a boast considering how amateurish and transparent your bullshittery is.
>>
>>18833148
Elaborate on disney stuff, please.
>>
>>18837353
>Oh look, another autistic faggot abusing Jung and ignoring the context of his personal history.

>The validity and/or applicability of concepts/ideas to things depends on the feels of one singular person to the exclusion of others or its content.

Fuck right off, fraud. Lying bullshitter.
>>
>>18833913
Honestly I don't know the actual definition but for me it meant "something beyond what's physically possible". So yeah, basic psychology placebo shit wouldn't count.
>>
>>18835052
Can I win the lottery with it? No?

Useless
>>
>>18837567
if you still care about the lottery then of course magic wont work for you shithead
>>
>>18837583
>magic won't help me win money so I can leave my shit country
Useless, I repeat
>>
>>18837485
>but for me it meant "something beyond what's physically possible".

Why would something not physically possible be possible? Have you considered that your idea of what is physically possible may be inaccurate?
>>
>>18835144
So how do you define magic?
>>
>>18837591
It can give you the tools to help you leaving though
>>
>>18832658
To those who think magick is "just psychological," what is your definition of psychological?

How do ideas exist? Is all thought a result of physical mechanism? Is one's mindscape just the user interface of the biological computer that is the brain?

If so, can this computer's software be altered? Can it be hacked?
>>
>>18837593
Well that's the point, magic is supposed to be irrational, otherwise it's just science.
>>
>>18837604
You define it. I'm not the one making a claim about "magick" affirmatively existing. Tell me what it is that you are claiming is possible, and what qualifies as "magick".
I expect that this will probably be met with something like "it's impossible to define/describe to someone who doesn't know/someone who doesn't WANT to know(lol)" which is probably good enough for some people but doesn't really satisfy me. Really though, not defining it makes it a hell of a lot easier to defend right?
>>
>>18832658
Same with religion and spirituality.
>>
>>18837604
Magick is an alternate spelling of magic, coined by Aleister Crowley to differentiate "the true science of the Magi from all its counterfeits". In the broadest sense, magick is any act designed to cause intentional change -- for example, changing the channel on your television set.
>>
File: 1490865544039.jpg (141KB, 717x714px) Image search: [Google]
1490865544039.jpg
141KB, 717x714px
>>18832708
But monks DO levitate, its very hard thought. Only they use chi instead of mental energy, which is used for most beginner magick rituals and spells. Energy can be transformed, and we are energy.
>>
>>18838521
http://youtube.com/watch?v=PyrgcwziASA
>>
File: wat.jpg (43KB, 707x471px) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
43KB, 707x471px
>>18832658
>The mechanics of creation itself are boring.

>Let's disregard that human minds are the most powerful thing in the universe with respect to humans.

Wow.
>>
>>18832658
WTF is "psychological"
psyche is soul
logos is word, science
yet psychology doesn't talk about soul
laughable
>>
>>18838942
I think he meant it as "relating to the human mind."

Divisions between subject matter are largely for convenience (categorization is necessary to avoid talking about everything at once.) There's a continuum/overlap of discourse between philosophy and psychology. So "psychological" in this context should include philosophy as well.

Still, describing this as being boring is short-sighted as all fuck.
>>
>>18832774
>tricking my mind to be happier with what i have
you are doing it wrong friend. That´s conformism, not magick
>>
File: gulag archipelago.jpg (160KB, 650x630px) Image search: [Google]
gulag archipelago.jpg
160KB, 650x630px
>>18832774
>>
>>18836012
Truth. The true magic is something ever evasive. It is born of the psychological but given body by the powers of insinuation, misdirection, skill and what most people refer to as "blind luck".

I could explain further, but in truth, it'd be pearls before swine in a place like this. Just know that there are power users out there and some of them aren't at all interested in cluing you in, though they might say otherwise to meet their goals.

It's a game to be played by those in the know. For those that think they are but really are not and those that couldn't be bothered to care less, it's more a set of rules to live under. Ignorance really is bliss, in this, our meta-physical playing board.

Dig deep if you dig the earth. Hold the fire if you're kind of masochist, but don't complain when it starts to burn. Go your own way if you don't believe me or wash over the cast I've set before you and let it give you form, though you are yourself the most formless of things. At least when speaking of the things going on beyond your eyes and the vague void lying just behind.

Oh, look at that. I went and contradicted myself. I said I'd not share more, but off and onto a tangent, I went. Well, it probably means {behind your eyes} anyway. Then again, I guess that just depends on which swine's trying to dine on mine, yeah? Yeah.

I
>>
>>18841954
Wrong.
Does a writer not need something to write with or on?
>>
>>18837353

You need to start paying me royalties for using my screenshot so often.
>>
>>18843428
>5 cents has been deposited into your account
>thank you, Surgo, for permanently Correcting the Record™

>>18837364
You mean the personal history filled with experiences he construed as paranormal culminating in Red Book? Or the abuse of quoting his letters?

And if we're gonna play the quote game, how many anthropologists came out of the field as True Believers™?

I mean, if we're gonna admit the testimony of academics tenuously related to mysticism why stop at psychology?
>>
>>18832708
>all i can do is trick myself into thinking life isnt a boring mess of shit

You are sooo right. It's so utterly useless to waste your time with something that might make your life more meaningful and even fun. Far better to just slog through existence with the smug (and false) superiority that comes from a pseudo-skeptical cynicism.

That "wonderful life" of yours isn't much of a draw for anyone else.

You guys that blow off magic and the occult as being "just" a placebo effect apparently don't even know what that means. A placebo isn't "something that doesn't work", it is something that works through a different means than how you think it works. So even IF magic were "nothing but" a placebo effect, it would STILL be one of the most valuable things you could do in life - and if life really IS ultimately empty and meaningless, then what you fill it with and the meaning it has are entirely up to you and your efforts to make it so.

Personal fulfillment is certainly not a waste of time and whether or not you approve of my means of obtaining it is of no consequence whatsoever.

Enjoy your "boring mess of shit" while it lasts.
>>
>>18842271
What are you saying is wrong? Your post is pretty unclear, pal.
>>
>>18842271
If it's in response to the picture I hope you recognize that experience, observation and imagination all can give you ideas of what you could write with/on.

If it's in response to the rest of the post than wut u meen?
>>
>>18832658
>i wanna sell my soul for powers

thats just a phrase, but you can do that
>>
>>18832708
>can magick make you levitate?

yeah but you need sound, easier to just change into light
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.