[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I fear death, I think about just being unaware forever it bothers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 10

File: IMG_0910.jpg (61KB, 651x307px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0910.jpg
61KB, 651x307px
I fear death, I think about just being unaware forever it bothers me. I'm Christian, or at least trying to be but sometimes I have doubt and think about it been absolute nothing.

I've been under anesthesia before so I'm guessing it would be similar. i only remember a second or two of blackness and then waking up.

I dont know, what do you guys think?
>>
I have the same conclusion. But you can always look at it this way, nature hates a void / vacuum and always tries to fill it with something. So maybe there will be something in the darkness waiting for us.
>>
>>18830547
Torally agree. I used to be a Christian but reached the same point as you, I just couldnt buy the idea of a paradise after death. Even more terrifying was the thought of "eternal worship of god" which I imagined as a giant mass of naked people bowing towards a giant glowing eye in a massive gravity defying spiraling tube.

Now I see it like this. The world exostwf before you were born and will exist after, what happens after you die to you on a personal level does not mater, because I dont think you think about anything after you die. Instead, you live on through your actions. Plant a tree and it will outlive you and bring life to the world. Recycle and you reduce pollution, help others and in that instant, make their livws better, set off a chain reaction of positivity. Aim to do that wherever you go.

As far as I can tell, death is going to be like a dreamless sleep. Placing life into this context makes every single second that much more precious, and should fill you with joy knowing that you have the privilege if experiencing it. Dont be afraid, I dont think its even bad. When you die, go into it knowing you did good in the world, and treat it as well deserved rest. No heaven or hell. You live on through your actions, through your family and their love, through memories, and ultimately, the particles that once made up your brain will go on a wondrous journey throughout the universe. Your life is a beautiful thing, cherish it.
>>
I like the "you die and go to the state you were in before birth."

But, I've also woken up every time I've been in that state, whether pre-birth or sleeping.

Maybe I'll wake up after death? If not, not a big deal. I won't be able to reflect on it.
>>
I've gone through apotheosis, but religiously I'm at a loss since nothing quite matches.
In any case, havinng gone thru the experience I can say that those who don't go to hell will be quite changed, their mind, their nature... so don't concern yourself much with what will you do because you'll be a new you.
>>
>>18830547
It's not even so much the void of death that strikes terror in me personally, it's the fact that I'll be all alone there. If I could bring the people I love with me there then it wouldn't be so bad, but to know I only get to spend a lifetime with them - which relative to death is a fleeting moment - is what I find to be life's most profound tragedy.
>>
>>18830750
Thanks for the extra thing to terrify me, needed that. I mean if you think about it literally everyone IS going with you. You're all experiencing the exact same thing and are all equal.

If souls arent real then we're just matter. Literally mostly water. We'd just be this thing made of matter and chemicals. Maybe it's the universe wanting to give the matter in it a chance to see where it is before going back to sleep. Technically some part of the matter you call your body will probably be part of some other form of live eventually.
>>
>people that know very well they are burning pretend to be terrified of fucking nothing.
>>
File: 1459187947725.jpg (114KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1459187947725.jpg
114KB, 640x480px
Why do you fear death, OP?

>Fear to leave shit incomplete
If so you should get to it as soon as possible

>An eternal punishment after death?
>Fear that "your" god is not the right one?
I follow pic related, and I find it very reasonable

>Just dying, ceasing to be altogether, forever.
There is nothing I could say that would make you feel better.
Get off your ass and do whatever you'd like to do.You have probably less than 60 years left on the only sliver of existence you'll ever going to get, and you're going to spend one third (thats 20 straight years) sleeping.
Do not waste the other 40 moping around about your death. You will die. At least live before that.
>>
File: fedoracat.gif (2MB, 335x237px) Image search: [Google]
fedoracat.gif
2MB, 335x237px
>>18830547
That's what you get when you're brainwashed to think that all meaning and purpose revolves around this supernatural candyland where you feel good all the time and nothing bad happens. Oh no, what if that isn't true! That would be terrible!

People who weren't indoctrinated like you don't have the same hang-ups. They were never promised eternal life and so there's no issue when they find out it's fantasy.

You have years of recovery ahead of you for your socially transmitted mental illness.
>>
>>18830588
Welp, hate to break it to you. The Universe is infinite. That by definition means that after you die, somewhere in existence you exact configuration is reborn at some point regardless of divine intervention. Forcing you back into life. Personally I think one should beg for God, otherwise you might end up being the pawn in some twisted game for all eternity afterwards.
>>
The eternal void sounds comfy. Can't wait to see what happens t b h
>>
>>18830547
Those that fear death know not The Lord, Jesus Christ.
>>
>>18830547

Don't fear the unknown, this is what makes humans weak.

There may be an after-life, ( I don't follow any religions but choose to believe there is more. ) - Regardless if its heaven/hell, void, rebirth who knows what else.

We are not given the choice apparently.

I think its rather interesting. I hope there is more. I'll see dead friends, family meet people I never knew. Hell. We might meet aliens and others that are like us, unknowing.

My biggest fear would be however: Scientist figure out what happens after we die.

Imagine for a moment ( Worst case. ): They discover it is an endless emptiness a void forever...

Two things would happen:
1. People would have no more reason to fear God, divine punishment, worry etc.

( Thus. We all start raping, killing each other, doing horrible things because there is nothing. So nothingness is nothing to fear. Thus, why live a life trying to be good. When you can do anything you want. no matter how horrible. Would be a shame, but don't lie too yourself thinking you likely wouldn't just go nuts and not give a shit. ) - Let's hope Science can not prove this possibility of what happens after death.

2. People WOULD have a reason to fear God, divine punishment. ( Regardless of what type of after-life. The fact its not a void. Would make most people calmer, happier and perhaps the human race can finally achieve something wonderful. Knowing all we are, everything we do means something. Maybe not exactly as any religion says but. Murdering raping and killing each other, hating beliefs would disapper forever perhaps. We would become much better as a race. With something to look forward too. We can die knowing all the good and such we do in life is not all pointless. ) - Let us hope again. If science could prove this is what happens after we die. Compared to a void. This would lead us further on. And we can explore more ( imo ) interestng subjects rather than what happens when we die.
>>
>>18833167
God loves and upholds all who trust in his Glory.
>>
>>18833174

Proof?
>>
>>18833174

And to elaborate. I don't mean the words of man. Such as: The Bible and all other scripts, written by man for man.
>>
>>18830547
After you die is a lot like before you were born. Kindof irrelevant to what's happening now.

Focus on Life, death will take care of itself.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWIi6Pytde8
>>
>>18833217
Maybe you should ask God for some proof lmao
>>
>>18833167
>without god people would start raping left and right
Morals and your personal sense of right and wrong are not defined by your religion.
Some of thw absolute worse people I've ever met were christian zealots. "God wills it" is a time-tested excuse to do whatever the hell you want and still not feel like you sinned.

If you dont kill innocent people because you fear punishment; If you dont beat beggers with a tire iron because you fear you'll go to hell; If you dont rape because there might be an afterlige where youd be punished; If you dont do fucked up shit because you fear that you're going to be punished, rather than because of your own sense of good, and what shouldnt be done to your fellow humans, then you're probably a horrible person inside.
I dont believe in god, but if there was ever some sort of judgement, I feel like you would be judged based on who you really are, not what you have and havent done.

Bottom line:
>atheists just go on killing sprees every other day because they dont believe in god
See how dumb it sounds?
Ive yet to see an massive, organized, armed and trained paramilitary force of atheists offering the choice between aposthasy and death, too.
>>
File: IMG_0048.png (346KB, 334x333px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0048.png
346KB, 334x333px
Being a Christian requires you to renounce your freedom to lie, entirely. It requires you to learn the difference between good and evil and understand why liars, of any magnitude, are not allowed in Heaven. Deception, even for humor, is not tolerated.

Your problem is today's form of Christianity is blasphemous and teaches you to sense the world with your ego. In reality, the purpose of Christianity is to use your soul to destroy your ego and overcome death while you are on Earth.

We've been fumbling the process for about 2000years and are about to get reintroduced to the real meaning of the word freedom.

Christianity, when practiced correctly, is the permanent antidote to all pain and suffering on Earth.

Source: aliens (of the archangel type)
>>
>>18835577
This man speaks the truth.
>>
>>18835577

lmao.

>>18833806

lmao. too. I asked for proof and get told to ask God? lmao.

What are you Donald Trump?

>Lock her up
( For being found innocent of a none issue that someone working under her screwed up and the Republicans found her innocent. )
>If I lose its a rigged system
>He wins
( Proof long before his "winning" was being helped by the Russian government. Shows how stupid people are when these facts where there long before he won. Better late than ever. )

Kind of like that. Telling me, or anything lol ask God lawls. Shows you can't provide evidence nor proof ask I asked.

lol on your life.
>>
>>18830547
Being afraid of death is literally the same as being afraid of waking up from a dream
>>
>>18835577

Oh and fuck your beliefs. You like all people who follow religion are being lied too by fellow man. Some fat slob porking slave girls in 500ad write a ficitonal story and people believe it.

>Hand us 5% of your incoming too believe in God and go to Heaven
>Lairs go to hell, can't enter heaven.
>Yet everyone lies, 24/7 Small lies, some big lies here and there. Guess christians too are going to hell.
>Believe in Jesus or you go to hell
>Wew lad! 90% of the human race isn't brainwashed by christians but other beliefs all created by man.

I'm not an atheist. I chose to believe inn an after-life and perhaps many Gods, maybe no gods.

I've yet to see proof, of any Gods.

Yet. Plenty of people claim to have visions, speak with God etc.

Wheres the proof? God not mart enough to leave a giant middle finger on the sky for a few years?

Maybe have these "visionaries" walk on water while being tested by scientist and engineers record, study the effects?

No?

Weak willed fools follow the circus of stupidity and control.

Till there's proof, people should live life for their own values.

Not the values of some fat wealthy fools tricking the slaves into doing their gardening and washing their cars.
>>
>>18831053
>The Universe is infinite. That by definition means that after you die, somewhere in existence you exact configuration is reborn at some point regardless of divine intervention. Forcing you back into life.

That's not true.

An infinite set of integers doesn't necessarily contain every integer. It can be an infinite set of 1's.
>>
>>18833167
>fear of post-life punishment is the only reason for moral behavior

This is untrue. I'm not an atheist, but this simply is not true.
>>
>>18837495
You are a childish fool. But you're a teenager; you will learn more.

Maybe look into why the West intervened in Libya and what they did.
>>
>>18830547
If death was simply as Atheism describes it, or being unaware for eternity, it would be merciful for mankind. Unfortunately, the testimony of people who HAVE actually died and come back, determines that this isn't actually the case. If it was possible to actually remain 'dead' without existence, it would be ideal for all beings throughout the universe. But even people who have described death as a void, recall having thoughts and feeling isolated. Unfortunately for us, OP, this universe doesn't operate on mere materialism, and we are called to be greater beings and bear that cross for eternity.
>>
File: IMG_2016.jpg (65KB, 600x549px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2016.jpg
65KB, 600x549px
>>18830547
I think there is wisdom in the idea, that death is a human idea. Memory also. Life, doesn't end. It just moves elsewhere. And if it all ended, here, it would be the end of such life. You may not remember if, but this isn't our first experience with perception.
>>
>>18837629
*concept.
>>
We are, for better or worse, the sum of all humanity up until now. But a fear of death has motivated many, to shut others out. The world keeps putting up walls, to keep each other in and out. When we all come from the same source. Memory, can sabotage us. it often does.
>>
You know that I am the way, the truth, and the life -John 14:6

I take it to mean that the way of life is connected to all things and important. God is part of all of us, and all that lives..
>>
>>18830547
I think humans have had technology to live eternal life since thousands of years earlier than now.

I think the testaments of the bible are really histories/herstories of interactions between humans who had/have technology to live eternal life, and those who were not accessing technology to live eternal life.
>>
Go read ''Seth Speaks: the eternal validity of the soul''
>>
>>18830547

Nothingness clearly doesn't last forever if we're here now. You had no idea 13.7 billion years went by before you popped into existence, you won't notice your next time around, either.
>>
>>18833151

Kek. Nice one, bro.
>>
>>18837569
I think what he was trying to say is that all possibilities eventually repeat themselves or continue for eternity. Eternity is not infinity.
>>
File: 1490185667361.gif (877KB, 500x208px) Image search: [Google]
1490185667361.gif
877KB, 500x208px
Hey OP

there is some deeper truth behind this verse i think

Ecclesiastes 7:1King James Version (KJV)

7 A good name is better than precious ointment; and the day of death than the day of one's birth.

> day of death better than the day of one's birth.

let that sink
>>
>>18830547
It works like this:

Jesus describes death as sleep. Meaning, when you die, your awareness is exactly nothing. Until..

Jesus return and deposes the Antichrist.

Then the dead in Christ shall rise first unto eternal life, and the dead not in Christ shall rise unto eternal damnation, to be cast into the Lake of Fire with the Antichrist.

But you will be no more aware of the time you spend dead than you are of the time you spend in a deep sleep. When you are resurrected, it will seem like one continuous stream of consciousness TO YOU.. even though you may have been dead for thousands of years, just like you perceive waking up immediately after falling asleep, even though many hours pass every night.

Sleep is a daily allegory of death and eternal life.
>>
>>18830607
>I like the "you die and go to the state you were in before birth."
>But, I've also woken up every time I've been in that state, whether pre-birth or sleeping.
>Maybe I'll wake up after death?

How very wise of you.
>>
Non existence isnt this bad i think.What is scary perhaps is to live again from the start without doing the exactly same things
>>
>>18830557
Christianity feeds into a fear of death, since I have been convinced of reincarnation I dont think I fear death so much
>>
File: 90quakeElisaLam2.jpg (672KB, 1443x860px) Image search: [Google]
90quakeElisaLam2.jpg
672KB, 1443x860px
>>18830588

>I used to be a Christian but reached the same point as you, I just couldnt buy the idea of a paradise after death. Even more terrifying was the thought of "eternal worship of god" which I imagined as a giant mass of naked people bowing towards a giant glowing eye in a massive gravity defying spiraling tube.

>>18831188
>The eternal void sounds comfy. Can't wait to see what happens t b h

Double double 88

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hH5y71hOvk0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amY1GABiiyY
>>
>>18831053
>Personally I think one should beg for God, otherwise you might end up being the pawn in some twisted game for all eternity afterwards.

I'm right here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_29yvYpf4w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZj65CwgAA8
>>
>>18839765
You are the most annoying LARPER/Schizo on /x/ at the moment

you can't just post vague shit and allude to stuff you'll never extrapolate on
>>
File: flood6.png (2MB, 1746x782px) Image search: [Google]
flood6.png
2MB, 1746x782px
>>18839787
>you can't just post vague shit and allude to stuff you'll never extrapolate on

I'm a god and I'm not larper like some people on this planet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vc9r7yOQXp4

This video contains a lot of evidence: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZj65CwgAA8
>>
>>18839765
>>18839787
I'm like fuck it bubble baller, catch em up at Bobs show, stall him with a troubled caller, bastard
Who could make Gs faster than a newly remaster while being truly plastered...
Theres four sides to every story, if these walls could talk they'd probably still ignore me, contemplate war over a cup of warm coffee
>>
>>18830547
Nigga how you gonna be scared of nothing? I can understand being afraid of suffering and dying. Or suffering in general. But when you're dead, you're dead. You will actually not give a fuck, because there are no fucks to give. You go to sleep every night right? Is that shit scary? It is literally the same general thing, but with no possibility of nightmares or waking up in this shitty world again. It is like sleep 2.0, new and improved.
>>
>>18839807
You've got a bright mind Anon
>>
File: 1393105155136.gif (2MB, 308x170px) Image search: [Google]
1393105155136.gif
2MB, 308x170px
>>18830547
>I'm Christian, or at least trying to be
People who are Christian are the worst humans in the world. They deserve to be tortured to death. Literally. It would be pure justice. And you would be doing the Christian a favor by murdering him and his entire family, because you are sending them to heaven ahhaah. Make sure they don't die painlessly, make sure they scream as they are being set on fire, bound and tied soaked in gasoline.
One day we will use our technology to go back in time, and resuscitate them, and burn them again, over and over for all of eternity, Hell isn't real, but we can at least try to grant these Christians their imagined fairy tales.. Eternity in hell.
>>
>>18830750
>loving people
>>
>>18839898
what a terrible mistake to make while working.
>>
>>18839898
>>18840372
What happened there???
>>
I would say there's no difference between being unaware, and being aware of nothing. I think this is the sense in which immortality is possible, but you gotta meditate a lot before you become convinced of it.
>>
>>18840390

Looks like electrocution
>>
>>18830547
Hey Op, lately I've been studying death and the impermanence of all things. It's quite a big part of different cultures so there is lots to study. And death isn't exclusive to Christianity so it's perhaps best to have a well rounded understanding.
Tibetan book of the dead is one way. But if you wanted to keep it within Abrahamic faith framework you might like to read up on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Order_of_Saint_Paul_the_First_Hermit, also known as "The Brothers of Death". The archangel of death named "Azrael", although some say that Michael is the angel of death. If you're into saints there's the Mexican folk saint called "Santa Muerte".

I got into it to help deal with some grief I still carry, but even though our reasons are different I think its an important area to study.

Another book that may help with your particular position (although not about death, but it teaches resilience) is "Feel the Fear and Do it Anyway".

The more I've tried to personify it (Azrael/Santa Muerte) the further from the objective truth I feel. So perhaps stick to studying all the different beliefs regarding impermanence at least until you are quite comfortable with your understanding, and only then try assigning this natural phenomenon to some kinda of personification.

Start with Buddhist stuff, and then anything and everything related to the saying "memento mori".
>>
>>18835577
>In reality, the purpose of Christianity is to use your soul to destroy your ego and overcome death while you are on Earth.

How do we do this then, holder of repeat digits?
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.