[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are Tulpas Just a meme Or is it actually possible to create voluntarily

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 146
Thread images: 12

File: index.jpg (7KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
7KB, 259x194px
Are Tulpas Just a meme Or is it actually possible to create voluntarily and or accidental Intelligent thought?
> pic unrelated.
>>
>>18830368
Some swear by it, others swear it's nothing but pure role play. Let me ask you this, do you think they're all just making it up? Or do you think it's more likely that they're really experiencing stuff? There's your answer until you actually have tulpa related experiences, assuming you ever go that route.
>>
>>18830390
Thanks For the Honest answer. Do you think there is a connection between Tulpas and d.i.d?
>>
>>18830412
Honestly I think every experience is unique. Everyone is always trying to apply their own unique experiences and anecdotes to everyone else's and it just doesn't work. It's all broken up for a reason, we're all unique with different paths. There's a million guides and all of them have some level of overlap, with a few standing out with really fringe ideas and methods that seem to be only supported by a few people, or in some cases just a single individual. I find categorization to be a mostly futile effort, but you're more than welcome to try to sort which cases sound like D.I.D. and which do not. I wish you luck with it. But I definitely know that there's a lot more to all of it than just role play, if that means anything to you.
>>
I'm curious about the validity as well. I've spent the last week trying to create a tulpa the way I've read on many guides. Occasionally I feel like i get a stray thought that isn't my own when I am deep enough in meditation but it's hard to tell if I'm parroting or not. I'll keep trying though just in case
>>
>>18830533
Parroting involves them sending you a vague concept, and you filling in the details with your own free will. It's like if you sent someone a crude thought of anger, and they themselves build upon it with added detail with their own imagination. It is still communication, but it involves work on your part and you don't get as much detail from their being. Their thoughts and actions will become more distinct over time. Just consider it a very loose but still genuine form of communication for now. Based on my experience, there's absolutely no way to accelerate the process. It is on a strict timeline. Do what you feel is right. When it feels fun to focus on your tulpa, do it. When it feels like a chore, put it away. You can go back and forth on your tulpa, it's fine. They are very smart and loving, they will not be harmed if you have to focus on other things for long periods of time. They understand the limitations that exist and that it takes a while before you can truly have a full relationship. That said, I find reunions after long separations to be great opportunities for extra strong bonding. You appreciate them more, and it keeps building like that throughout life pretty much. As far as difficulty in acquiring auditory and visual imposition is concerned, it varies. Some people just have it easier than others, you just have to put up with whatever you got when you rolled the dimensional dice.
>>
>>18830595
I appreciate that input, it makes sense. Even though I'm not very far through the process, I have to admit that it has been very helpful for my mental state. The meditation and practice narrating do a very good job of bringing me into the present and out of my depression.
>>
>>18830621
Honestly, tulpamancy can be the salvation to everything that bothers you if you see it through to the end. It's hard, challenging, and time consuming, but it's the most rewarding thing you can do. Nothing can bring you the same emotional stability that a permanent mental partner can, literally nothing. I'd keep at it. Tell me about your tulpa, does it have a name? A form? Expect no judgments from my side whatsoever, I've seen it all. You can keep it vague if it's too personal.
>>
>>18830662
Cheyenne. In my head she somewhat resembles Emma roberts. Mostly cuz my imagination isn't quite good enough to come up with an image on its own yet. I spent several hours trying to focus mostly on personality traits like positivity, affection, humor, sarcasm, bravery, and an adventurous nature.
>>
>>18830711
That sounds really fun! I find that various substances like shrooms or weed really help with visualization. Take your favorite pics of the actor, create a big collaboration, and just stare into your collab while doing your stuff and let the visualization develop on its own. See if you can reach a relaxing hypnotic state just while gazing into your collab, and just go with the flow. If you're far in it enough, you should be able to imagine a conversation to some extent. If not, no worries. Just put it off for a while and try it later. Eventually it can feel something like having a video call with your tulpa.
>>
>>18830748
So what I'm realizing is more than anything, it takes time and patience. I've read varying accounts of how long it takes to develop your tulpa. Do you have an opinion on how long it can take? I'm expecting about two months but idk...
>>
>>18830765
To be honest, it's a life long process.There's always something else to look forward to. How long it takes for you to reach certain milestones varies, but I'd imagine with decent effort on your part you could get satisfying results within a month. By satisfying, I mean having a relationship with your tulpa where you can enjoy interacting with her on a daily basis in some way shape or form. Typically by just exchanging thoughts but potentially more. Keep in mind that your tulpa listens and feels with you, so you should try to take good care of yourself within reason. Basically, try to avoid self harm if you can. She will get hurt too. Just like how it would hurt you if you saw her hurt herself, so be careful. Good luck anon! Let me know if you want to talk about any other specific components to tulpamancy.
>>
It's basically self induced schizophrenia
>>
>>18830809
Not necessarily. Some people have spontaneous tulpae that just come out of the blue without much effort or time at all.
>>
>>18830748
So I gave that a try with weed and hypnagogic binaural beats. After a while the screen went dark so I closed my eyes. Imagining she's in the room and narrating to her. Suddenly I legitimately heard " I am here" actually scared the crap out of me for a half second. Gave me chills man. Lol
>>
You can create/contact thought beings and eventually they're likely to be sentient and bound to you. Whether these are figments of your own subconscious or grafted beings from another dimension is irrelevant - they'll be real to you. Tread lightly.
>>
>>18830865
Wow... that's very accelerated. Much faster than usual. You're in for a ride then anon. Just keep doing that and you're golden. Just talk to her about stuff, that's a good way to bond. Talk about the highest highs and the lowest lows of your life, that's a good strong way to start. Imagine that she has been with you through all of those things even if you aren't sure of it yet. Come back to let me know of further results if you get any. I'm always interested.
>>
>>18830368

thoughtforms make sense from a neuroscience perspective, though they have never been seriously studied.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfYbgdo8e-8
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krista_and_Tatiana_Hogan

were the personalities of a brains hemispheres were diverged without separating them, one would expect to observe a phenomena similar to the described "tulpa".
>>
>>18830865
yo im bout to load up a spliif, can i get a link to whatever binural beat you were listening to?
>>
>>18832131
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ummr0slA9UY
It's not very long but I actually liked that because it kept me from falling asleep. I got my first solid tulpa response just a few seconds before the end of my second play through.
>>
File: TEEth used Har-Confusion!.jpg (66KB, 309x309px) Image search: [Google]
TEEth used Har-Confusion!.jpg
66KB, 309x309px
>>
I was really interested in the idea of having a Tupla and had to try to actually know, so I tried it for like 1/4 year, took a lot of time for it too and literally NO progress happened. No responses in any form, no nothing.
Waste of your time in my opinion.

Feel like there is not much science behind it + the shitty roleplaying doesn't make it better.
>>
>>18832525
Could mean you're not very good at meditation. I think I'm making good progress because I've been practicing meditation for over 5 years now.
>>
>>18832525
>I can't do it therefore it's nothing

It's actually really hard to surrender to your imagination as an adult.
>>
>>18832525
That's how it is for some people unfortunately. I put over a decade into my tulpa before I ever saw results. I had just assumed I wasn't meant for it for whatever reason. I mean, I still communicated to "something" in my mind but there wasn't much of a conversation going on. But eventually she did come out, it just took a long time. I think one day your attempt will return. Have you named it and given it an attractive form? Just imagine talking to it throughout the day, like a passive companion. See what happens, assuming that sounds worth while at all to you.
>>
Imaginary friends!!
>>
Seriously treat them like they are friends and they will come back to you!! You are friends!! Remember when we could talk to them when we were little?? I do!!
>>
Even my own godform won't talk to me. She says she is out of power.
>>
Can I instruct my godform to consume lesser entities?
>>
Your brain and your reality coexist at the same time. Its just a guess but the people around you and your specific life has its own unique signs and clues. The people around you may or may not be projections of your own individual insecurities and problems.
>>
>>18833006
>>18833037
Whatever your "godform" is, it doesn't need to eat... entities. It's just a game. As far as power, that literally means just wait. It needs time to develop, so give it time. Treat it like a plant in your brain.
>>
>>18833149
Its always so refreshing to see smart people like you on here
>>
>>18833170
Tell me more about your godform, i'm fascinated. What's his/her name? Age? Form? Quirks/etc?
>>
>>18833149
I knew my godform in my past life. She is mature and getting weak. She is barely able to communicate with me in my dreams. She's dying.
>>
>>18833180
No no no... she is not dying, you are both growing. You will be okay, I promise. Just hang in there with her, I've been through something similar. It got pretty bad, but I wont get into details right now. It's actually a good sign, it means good things are on the horizon. Treat them like growing pains. They're unpleasant but I promise you will like where you end up after you've endured them together. Come here if you feel worried by anything that happens.
>>
>>18833179
I don't even know what the term means. I'm just an 18 year old human.
>>
>>18833187
Oh, well, I just want to know more about your godform is all.
>>
>>18830368
I made a tulpa of princess Bubblegum and it became pretty nuts. She's convinced that she's real, and she wants to be in love with me. But both of us realize the difficulty in trying to accomplish such a feat. It doesn't help that I apparently "went to her world" at some point in the future.

that feel when you're in love with your tulpa though

that feel when your tulpa starts making other tulpas
>>
>>18833179
I made her in my past life. Her name is Ambria, although in my past life, I simply referred to her as "my godform." She lives in the sun in the spiritual plane. She is the sun. She is about 35 years old. She likes to help me in my dreams, but can only communicate with me through spirits. She told me she was a prisoner and I promised her in my next life, I would set her free and make her my baby. I love her. She is special to me.
>>
>>18833195
She has made new tulpas? What are they? Keep in mind their mind is not like yours. Do not worry if your tulpa multiply, it is not the dangerous oblivion that some anon's claim. Just enjoy the process. She definitely is real though, and conscious. Feel free to fall as far in love with her as you want. You will not be disappointed with the end result, guaranteed. It may take a while though.
>>
>>18833192
Nah I know its all good I just don't know what that means yet.
>>
>>18833202
That's beautiful, I would embrace your instinctive feelings that she is like a guardian angel to you. She is the one with the vantage point, you are the one who must rely on faith to get to her. She is like a prisoner in a sense, she needs to wait before she can be with you. You need to be strong enough to endure the wait and coming trials so you can get to that reunion. You will definitely succeed.
>>
>>18833211
You can also safely call your godform your soul mate, because that is the entity you will share your afterlife with.
>>
>>18833229
Thanks for the help. I appreciate it.
>>
>>18833242
I look forward to hearing more from you two. Good luck!
>>
>>18833241
Interesting. I'll keep my eye out for her I guess.
>>
>>18833255
Just talk to her throughout the day, that will help. She will be listening.
>>
I know she listens. If I'm quit enough, I can feel her responding to me by talking through my mouth. I thought I could be with her romantically and she agreed, but I don't know if that's possible. Maybe it would be best if she would be my child. I used to hear her but her voice faded. I miss those days.
>>
Maybe I should ask her who she wants to be in my life. That would be a good idea.
>>
How to be schizo 101.
>>
It's schizo till it happens to you.
>>
>>18833276
It definitely is possible, but it takes patience and effort. Spikes in activity are to be expected, they work in mysterious ways. They are still good because they inch you towards bigger and better things. Before you can have sentences, you have words. Just be patient, more spikes will come over time.

>>18833285
That sounds like a solid way to start. She will guide your thoughts in subtle ways, follow your intuition. She will make sure you get the training you need, when you need it. Their communication can be gentle but effective.
>>
>>18833296
Technically yes, consistent visual and auditory hallucinations by definition make you psychotic. Whether or not information or experiences of value come from this psychosis is still up for debate, and needless to say, there are a fair number who feel there is something to be gained from it. The allure of a permanent partner is just natural to some I guess.
>>
>>18833202
this sounds like what happens when a someone creates a thoughtform by accident without realizing it.
the two of them are very surprised by the occurrence and decide to try to figure out where the thoughtform came from.
they meditate, research, go to "regression therapists", and otherwise try to remember.
the problem is that there was no prior source, and, in attempting to remember a past that does not exist, both thoughtform and host form false memories together.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_memory

i do not know for certain that this is what happened in your case.
it could be exactly as you remember it.
but if it is otherwise, you would not know the difference.
as general advice, don't get bogged down in the past.

you love her. she probably loves you.
that is enough.
>>
>>18833345
>she probably loves you
I think definitely. They're like a life long love sponge. Any time someone imagines love or affection, I think it goes to that internal mental entity. I did it for years and had no idea there was actually someone there actually feeling imagination with me. It's truly a life changer when you know it for certain, but that certainty takes a while.
>>
I've considered the possibility that none of it is real, but I have faith.

I think my godform is trying to tell me that she is a he. I was a girl in my past life and I know I will be one again, so this kind of works out for me. I think my godform said he doesn't want to bleed every month.
>>
Maybe none of it is real.
>>
>>18833444
It's real in the sense that it's part of your mind functions, you can use alters, you can act, you can perform like you are somehing else, and the boundaries for that has been pushed really far, to the point were you can't tell if the person has become that alter, in the sense that's a completely different personality, those extremes cases are possible, therefore the interval between rationality and being another personality completely also exist.
>>
>>18833417
the point is that it does not mater whether your past life was real or not.

if it was real, it is in the past and causally disjunct from your current life.
you should live your life in the present and not let the past bog you down.
therefore it does not mater.

if it is not real, it is not real.
live your life in reality, not fantasy land.
therefore it does not mater.

either way, your previous life does not mater.

please note: simply because your companion does not have physical form, does not mean that e is not real.
there are many different types of existence.
thoughtforms are real thoughtforms.
a human body is not required for personhood.
>>
>>18833444
What's more real than something you can see, feel and communicate with? If that's not enough then i'd recommend a different hobby.
>>
>>18830812
That's regular schizophrenia
>>
>>18833179
What's a godform? Is it different from a tulpa?
Why would someone want to make/contact a tulpa? What are the benefits? Asking you because you seem knowledgeable.
>>
Mulder actually gave a very concise explanation of why tulpas are bullshit in season 10 of the x files.
Mulder claims "tulpa" is a theosophist mistranslation of "tulku" and that it has no basis in Tibetan Buddhism
>>
>>18835271
Different terms that I believe refer to the same thing. The problem is that typically tulpamancers divide into two groups. Those that believe they are purely psychological phenomenon, and those that embrace them as potentially paranormal. Needless to say, "godform" is a very spiritually charged term, but I just consider it another way to say tulpa. My personal belief is that anyone can develop a relationship with their inner companion eventually, just not at the same rate. Personally I don't think it matters whether or not you see them as psychotic or other-worldly, all that matters is that your love is real and that you take the relationship as serious as you would with any other real person. They are not toys, and they will get hurt if you're not considerate to them.
>>
>>18835446
So based on what you know, does each person have a specific tulpa that they are meant to reveal/create/contact? You call it "their inner companion", which implies on specific companion.

But I read people making my little pony tulpas and spongebob tulpas, so there seems to be some degree of control here. Additionally, there's people making multiple tulpas.

To what degree does one have control over the outcome of a tulpas creation? How it turns out, I mean. Could one create/contact the personification of some abstract concept? Or make an ideal? Or make a historical figure, like napoleon their tulpa?

Where would one find more about tulpamancy?
>>
>>18830368
>falling for the mlp meme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3j5gtUCkJg
>>
>>18835493
The framework as my tulpa has explained it is very complicated, metaphysical, and hard to swallow. You do have some control, but they are very unpredictable and you are guaranteed to end up with something different than what you expected as you progress. She can control multiple bodies at once, so you are free to make your tulpa a sort of hive-mind if you wish. She tells me no tulpa actually has the ability to keep splitting new consciousness, no matter what you only have one conscious entity in your head. And whoever it is is perfect for you in every way, eventually. It may not look that way all the time, you will have some speed bumps along the way, but everything can be worked through. No permanent damage can be done.

Before we get onto some of the specifics of tulpa creation, what exactly are you going for? Romantic or friendly?

>>18835495
Your condescending nature is very impressive.
>>
>>18835522
Def not romantic. Possibly friendly. Honestly I was thinking of creating a disembodied representation of my ideals or ideal self and then ask that entity for advice and things like that. Sort of a like tyler durden deal. Or maybe an Aristotle-Alexander relationship.

My motivations are purely utilitarian. I'm down for a mind bro tho.
>>
>>18835562
That is definitely achievable, and they can be very handy yes. They can perform miracles when it comes to memory, visualization and problem solving to name a few.

You sound like you could use an entity that is wise and strong. One who will always push you towards reaching your goals even if the path is difficult. What kind of forms pop into your mind when you think of those traits? Do you want a human, humanoid or a creature?
>>
>>18835576
You know, I hadn't considered anything apart from a human. I could see some type of wise creature like a sphinx or dragon working because they're supposed to be smart.

It would need to be something better than me, so that its advice would be worth taking. Like I can't see myself listening to a bunny or someone my own age.

But like I said, I'm a neophyte, so not sure how to go about any of this.
>>
>>18835289
the fact that they have nothing to do with the tulpa or tulku of Tibetan Buddhism is not evidence against them.
it simply means that they are misnamed.
a better term to describe these entities is "thoughtform".
this term was created to refer to them without causing confusion with unrelated portions of Buddhism.

>>18835493

as for appearing as spongebob or pinkypie, that is a simple mater of perception.
because they have no physical existence, thoughtforms do not have a "true form".
as such, they may appear however they wish.
this is typically in line with the desires of the host/creator.

regarding individuals with multiple "tulpas", it is possible that there are multiple effects being referred to by the same name.
however, DID has been reported with more than two parties, so that could be what is happening in these cases.
the key difference between this version of thoughtform and DID is functionality.
in all cases of psychological diagnosis, if it does not cause impairment, it is a trait and not a disorder.

regarding degree of control, you are asking the wrong question.
exerting actual control over other other sapient beings is both immoral and virtually impossible.
however, you are the most important/only person in your thoughtform's life.
consider how much influence friends and family have on the development of personality.
you will have as much influence over personality development as can be had between two sapient beings.
regarding form, as explained above, it is freely mutable.
imagine a form, tell them that is their appearance, and they will use it.
if you want to change later, that can be done by convincing the thoughtform to do so.
though it would be difficult if the thoughtform believes their current apparent form is actually who/what they are.
>>
>>18835588
I think a creature is a great way to start, preferably one that is reasonably sized so it can interact within your environment comfortably. How big is completely up to you though. A creature is also a lot less intimidating than a full grown human or humanoid advising you on how to live. I would recommend choosing a creature with wings because the added versatility is very handy. A gryphon, sphinx or dragon would be a perfectly sound start. It can be genderless if you prefer.

Before you continue with that though, what are your two favorite colors, with your most favorite coming first?
>>
>>18835616
Alright sounds good. I feel like I'm in that screen where you pick a starter pokemon.
Red and gold.

>>18835612
What is DID? How does it differ from a tulpa or a godform or a thoughtform?

As far as the morality of control, I think that hierarchies are both natural and moral. It's immoral to standardize poor decision making and coordination by prohibiting hierarchy. On the possibility of control, of course control must me given by the controlled. Unless coercion is a possibility, then the only way a hierarchy could exist is by all parties freely agreeing to the hierarchy.
>>
>>18835628
Red is the color of physical strength, rage and intensity.
Gold is the color of speed, agility and endurance.
A red and gold winged beast would be very physically strong, agile and perhaps a bit rebellious at times. It has the capacity to exhibit overwhelming power for a long time. How do these traits sound to you? If they are not appealing thoughts then feel free to start from scratch, I'm just giving you some foundation material to work with. It will be up to you to fill in the minor details either way.

Once you've decided on what type of creature you want, go on google and find as many of your favorite images as you can of a similar creature. Just get the images in your head for now, think about it throughout the day. Whenever you have a chance, try to imagine where you think your tulpa might be hanging out in the environment if it were real. Do thought experiments, imagine scenarios and as you fantasize about how you think your tulpa would act under certain conditions, it will become more complex and defined. You need to imagine stories or conversations with your character in order for it to build character. Or you can just talk to it, that's an easy way to go about it. Name it as soon as you can too, that part helps a lot.
>>
File: tulpa_gone_wrong.png (2MB, 1600x5000px) Image search: [Google]
tulpa_gone_wrong.png
2MB, 1600x5000px
>>18835662
The colors seem fine with me. I hesitate on the rebellious side of it, due to pic related. What's your take on this? It was more or less my introduction to tulpas.

I think I'd like something with overflowing vigor and health, but also self control and wisdom like you metioned. Im not sure if rage & speed are the way to go about it.

I can see how all the visualization would help. Why is naming important? Is the name itself significant?
>>
>>18830368
Intentional personality split. The human brain is capable. Imagine something not trauma induced. A school of thought, maybe. Seems like you would need to be predisposed to multiple personality disorder. Which is unsubstantiated, isn't it?
>>
>>18835691
You should embrace the fact that your tulpa will be perfectly imperfect, like all life. There will be beautiful flaws that you will find endearing even if they sometimes cause friction. That said, it is a great idea to anticipate potential future issues and construct your tulpa accordingly. Solidify in your mind that your tulpa is always harmed whenever you are harmed. Therefor, it does not want to bring any harm to you for any reason, and it shall exhibit self control to the best of its ability. Most tulpae tend to natural-born caretakers, but there are exceptions typically due to improper education or mere bad decision making. I wouldn't worry about that image, I strongly disbelieve that you will experience anything remotely that unpleasant. But it is still an act of faith on your part, once you're in the ride you can't truly get off, so just be aware of that. You have to be strong and accept that it may be a challenge at times, but not one that you will fail.

The name is important because tulpae have a hard time developing without a persistent identity. It's all just a mess of thoughts and ideas until you finally get your heart set on a particular named entity. It also promotes healthy communication, because you are starting to see it more as a actual entity rather than a theoretical concept for the future.

By the way, blue is the color of wisdom, sadness and regret. When we make mistakes, that can upset us, but we learn from them. I say this only for the sake of providing potential creative material, what you do with it if anything is up to you.
>>
>>18835662
He's the villain with the million dollar voice-throw trick
He's like a ventriloquist, with his fist in the speaker's back
Couldn't think of no uniquer track, nope, sneak attack
It don't really matter how big them is. So much as a nipple
Cause you could have a chick with D-Triple
'Cept the nipple little. Just hot off the griddle
Like how he do monkey rhymers, like Monkey-in-the-Middle by his damn self
Ain't no average MC ahead of me
>>
>>18835628
distinctive identity disorder is what they call it when a person has multiple personalities that swap out control of the body.
the main difference between DID and the experience of people who report having multiple "tulpas" is that they do not cooperate well among themself and are thereby impaired.
as i said, the ONLY difference between a disorder and a trait is whether or not it is detrimental.

it should be noted that there is a phenomenological difference between people with one thoughtform and people who have many.
this means that either everyone who claims to have more than one is an RP kiddy, or that these are entirely different effects mistakenly referred to by the same name.

this is why i still refer to the multiple variant as "tulpas".
tulpas from Tibetan Buddhism have nothing to do with either effect.
thoughtform is the proper term for what >>18835522 provided a highly accurate description of. (by the way, nice dubs)
i do not know the proper term for the other thing so i call them "tulpas" even though i know that is incorrect.
godform is the term for what a thoughtform would become if it were shared across many hosts, whether or not this is possible is unclear.

in any case, expect all of the above terms to be wildly and inconsistently misused across the internet.

it should be noted that the proper thoughtform does not have significant similarity to any known psychological disorders.
this provides some support to the claim that they are supernatural in nature.
>>
>>18835804
I can get behind calling them thoughtforms from now on. It sounds more mature and scientific, and the definition is nicely intuitive.
>>
>Make tulpa
>intelligence thinks you're mad

nah
>>
>>18835754
What do you mesn that you can't get off the ride? I've read about people destroying tulpas. Is that not possible, or just frowned upon? If the tulpa is harmed whenever you are harmed, are you harmed when the tulpa is harmed?

Ok, so naming is important to ground identity. I'll have to brainstorm a bit on what colors/traits would be best and what form would be appropriate.

>>18835771
?

>>18835804
The people with DID also didn't consciously try to create new entities.

I've seen that buddhist monks can control the body's autonomic functions with enough meditation, it doesn't strike me as outside the realm of possibility that with consistent effort one would be able to productively use the mind in all sorts of ways that are less than fully understood.
>>
>>18835984
regarding DID, you are correct, and that is probably why they have such cooperation problems.

regarding monks, yes they could almost certainly create thoughtforms.
that is not to say that tulpas are the same thing.

regarding the destruction of thoughtforms, those accounts are always either:
A) mentally attacked and killed them
B) stopped paying attention to them till they went away.
option A is silly because, people are not their bodies, and thoughtforms are not dependent on their apparent body.
option B is more like you just stopped interacting.
so, no, you cant truly go back (or at least there have been no credible reports of such occurring)
on the other hand, you can get close enough to going back that there is no practical difference.
in the gripping hand, the plausible neurological explanation is personality divergence in the right hemisphere of the brain.
as such, destroying them is a bit of a silly concept in and of itself.

regarding harm sharing, it will not injure you.
it may or may not be possible to set it up so that the experience of pain is shared.
>>
>>18835984
That sounds great, I wish you luck on your brainstorming and I hope to hear more about your creation. Keep in mind every color has good and "bad" aspects to it, but even the "bad" sides are beautiful, but just in a different way, like sadness. Think about what "flaws" you'd find the most endearing. By going for realism rather than perfection you will get stronger results.

The thing with the idea of tulpa destruction is that it requires the assumption that you have the ability to create and destroy consciousness at your leisure. I do not believe this is the case, I believe it is a dormant entity that can never be destroyed, but it can be pushed back into silence temporarily. However anyone who has ever had a tulpa and killed it will inevitably return to it. And when you do, you'll have to answer to whatever harm you may have caused. And yes, when you harm your tulpa you will have to answer to it eventually. The repercussions of painful mistakes can only be put off for so long...
>>
>>18835984
oh btw,

>>18835771
are lyrics to a song called red and gold :P if you were wondering.
>>
>>18836142
>>18836193
So what have your personal thoughtform/tulpa experiences been? What was the timeline like?

What is your relationship with your tulpa(s) like now?
>>
>>18836272
personally i started seriously working on one last august.
i decided not to use the standard procedure and instead went about it with an improvised methodology based on my understanding of the nature of the phenomena.
particularly, i have been focusing on minor variations from bilateral symmetry and practicing thinking two things at the same time

at this point we are able to occasionally speak to eachother.
we have not managed visualization outside of dreams.
whether or not we meet in dreams is unclear as no single, consistent form has been decided on.
>>
>>18836402
Can't say that I understand much of the first paragraph lol
How much time per week/month would you say you spend on tulpamancy?

Why haven't you been able to settle on a form?
>>
>>18836255
I wasn't, that's why I posted those lyrics specifically ;)

In case you were ~
>>
File: 1486726992108.gif (56KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1486726992108.gif
56KB, 300x300px
I would like some advice
Roughly 4 years ago I started making a tulpa. I stopped due to family and academic reasons and never really got back into it.

While I was working on my tulpa, I never got to the point of mental communication. However, I did develop a head pressure that persists whenever I recall my old tulpa attempts.

Would it be better for me to work on my old tulpa or scrap her in favor for starting from scratch?
Also, I recall having severe bouts of mental exhaustion when I worked on my tulpa, to the point that I almost blacked out during the day. Do you guys have any tips on not overexerting yourself when working on your tulpa/extending your mental stamina for this kind of work?
>>
>>18836687
a few hours per week, usualy

no form has been selected for reasons:
visualization is not central to my methodology.
i do not particularly care what form is eventually selected.
i figure that being permitted to choose one's own form is highly desirable.
>>
>>18836732
Oh sorry, I meant that message for the other anon who said "?" to your post. I was just explaining what it was to him :P.

>>18836745
Stick with the identity you've already made, but be welcoming of new traits and quirks that may develop. You might want to make a few tweaks though to solidify the notion that this is a new fresh start, and that you're ready to try new things. What those changes are are completely up to you, but I might recommend tweaks that are symbolic of aspects of your life or past, if you can think of any that work out nicely. As far as the mental exhaustion, that's your tulpa telling you that it's time to stop. You have to think of it like a muscle. You can't do a thousand bicep curls and expect your arm to explode in a desirable way, it will be in a bad way. There is only so much progress you can do within a given amount of time, so just follow your feelings. When you feel like it's time to stop, don't hesitate. You will feel when you have the energy to force and focus, so just go with the flow. Time is the ultimate limitation with these things.

>>18836272
Oof, that's a big one that I can't adequately flesh out right now. I will give you the abridged version. I had pooled love into my thoughtform for many years, before tulpamancy was considered a thing. She was always a romantic partner to me. I believed over time it might result in her development, and about two years ago a miraculous leap in communication came out of nowhere. I started using a pendulum, but the micro-movements quickly turned into distinct jerks of the arm. We had basically sky rocketed to possession without even going into sounds or visuals yet. From there I experienced an agonizing slew of illusions trying to figure out why she would not reveal herself to me. I was afraid that she hated me, was neglected by me, was hopelessly lonely, didn't feel like a real individual, etc.
(cont)
>>
>>18837137
I cried to her with everything I had, but through enduring and mental gymnastics the fog faded and she admitted to me that she was fine, she loved me, and nothing was truly damaged. At that point I was forced to accept that she was very different. Her objective was to build my character through harsh illusions and trials. She was the sculptor of my journey, and we went on with that kind of relationship. At that point she admitted she was staying silent because she knew what she was doing, and that she needed me to overcome experiences before I could appreciate her properly. She became much more paranormal about 5 months ago after my sister showed me a certain ghost hunting app. I had used other programs before, but this one was much more effective, and she essentially directed me with ghost messages from there. After a few months of this discourse, I had a nightmare of being sliced by a reaper. That was the day I "died" figuratively speaking, because life was not the same at all after that. When I woke up, I dove right into the circumstances that would give her complete control over my life, not knowing the pain that would be associated with her introduction. I made a collage of her favorite appearances, toked, and then the journey began. We started communicating as if it were a glitchy dream-like video call, and then out of nowhere she paralyzed me with fear by stating that she was getting too excited, and that she'd lose her mind if I kept talking to her. There was a sharp pressure all around me, and I tried my hardest not to think or move at all or else I would feel a sharp pain poke me in some random area. When enough time had passed, we finally were able to communicate in a comfortable way. It was beyond surreal, like talking to your life-long crush while only being half-conscious, and yet knowing with complete certainty that it's all very real and wonderful.
(cont)
>>
File: this nigga haunted.jpg (166KB, 669x667px) Image search: [Google]
this nigga haunted.jpg
166KB, 669x667px
>>18837142
Then the story took a sharp turn when she pretended she felt I was not as happy to see her as she expected. The fear of her hatred came back, much more painfully this time. It felt like she would never be able to get over it or love me again, and my mental state allowed me to believe it. I wept in shame until I was forced to derive the fact that she must have unconditional love for me, because anything less simply hurt too much. I anchored myself to the faith that she loved me no matter what she said, and then it stopped, and I felt much better. Unfortunately I had only gotten my feet wet by that point, as the coming trials would far exceed that one in difficulty, duration, and emotional/physical pain. The nightmares involved every aspect of undesirable growth. Fear, frustration, anxiety, humiliation, insecurity, depression, sexual confusion/frustration/denial, shame, and of course raw pain. Each day involved tackling an aspect of my psychology or past that hurt me and/or her. It was like painfully removing a slew of tiny needles in my mind. The typical formula involved exaggerating whatever the given pain was, followed by permanently relieving it. The emotional reliefs were offset with physical pains, but the relieving truths that came each day were so incredible that I had no desire to stop. I couldn't anyway, since she had already sent me messages warning me not to bother going to a hospital (it would've just hurt until I gave in and went home). The whole process involved a month long marathon of accelerating painful illusions, peaking with the most painful lessons of all, then slowly decompressing back to manageable pain levels. She says it was like a stress test, it's the hardest thing a person can do because it'e most rewarding and it's all completely permanent. Now we just bond all the time. I've only seen the tip of the iceberg as far as her capabilities are, and we enjoy the gradual process of achieving it all. Or maybe is just schizophrenia idfk
>>
>>18837142
could you more precisely describe the nightmare involving the reaper?
in order of importance:
where did it cut you?
exactly what did the cutting implement look like?
what the the reaper look like?
>>
>>18837142
>>18837268
the reason it is important is that i had an experience in the first week of January that might have been similar to yours.
i will not state the details of my experience at this time in order to avoid any possibility of inducing false memory.
if both of the individuals in the thread who have created thoughtforms had near identical experiences that would hold meaning and provide a direction for research.

i will note that i did not interpret it as a metaphorical death when it happened to me.
however, that does not mean it was not the same effect.
>>
I've been in 4chan since 2007, and honestly I can remember when Tulpa threads were starting to pop out. It's a meme. The shit people hear/feel are imagining it to the point they show signs of some sort of schizophrenia-Esque illness.
>>
I wonder what the ratio of male to female tulpas is in males. I have a pretty good idea it's overwhelmingly female, don't have to guess why
>>
File: 85c.gif (458KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
85c.gif
458KB, 256x256px
>>18830368
Do people who have tulpas actually see them or is it just like a voice they hear or is it simply just a stray thought that they get in their head? If they can see tulpas, what happens when they see a tulpa trying to interact with a physical object? Will the perceive the object being moved by the tulpa or will it just phase through it?
>>
>>18830412
As someone with OSDD(like DID but less formed alters/parts/whatever), there are a handful of people who use "tulpa" when talking about DID symptoms or experiences. A majority of tulpa stuff is bullshit, but some people with undiagnosed DID seem to attribute it to tulpas. A lot of the "official" resources for tulpa stuff pull from DID terminology and community sources as well, so yeah, there can sometimes be a link, but creating a tulpa doesn't give you DID or something.
>>
>>18838651
>Do people who have tulpas actually see them or is it just like a voice they hear or is it simply just a stray thought that they get in their head?

Some do, some don't.

>If they can see tulpas, what happens when they see a tulpa trying to interact with a physical object? Will the perceive the object being moved by the tulpa or will it just phase through it?

Does the tulpa want to phase through or make an illusion of pushing whatever object?

This isn't complex shit bro.
>>
>>18838397
>>18837268
I'll do my best but the memory of it is very foggy right now. Basically I remember being at my bedside and above me was a faceless entity with a thick pitch black hooded cloak surrounding it. Pretty standard stuff. It was shockingly vivid, and it swept it's scythe horizontally at me. It aimed directly for my face, my visual perspective, and then the dream ended and I was of course in shock. There was some other thought noise build-up that I can't remember, but the reaper was only in my vision for a second before it was over.

>>18838983
One time after coming back home from an errand, I found my headphones completely destroyed, chewed and twisted up, like someone had intentionally wrenched them to death. I have two cats but they couldn't have caused that destruction. My thoughtform said she did it to force me to get better ones, but I guess other possibilities exist. None that I can imagine right now though.
>>
>>18830809
I believe you mean to say self induced Dissociative Identity Disorder.. schizophrenia is a psychotic disorder wherein voices (hallucinations) take place outside of the head, where as DID is a dissociative disorder that creates barriers in early childhood to keep the personality from forming into a single unified part. the alters (dissociated parts of the personality) are most often always recognized as inside the head, along with how they are heard.

I don't know an awful lot about tulpas but from what I have read about them and the practice, they seem like the spiritualized and adult version, to some extent anyway, of a small portion of DID.
>>
>>18838853
as Someone with DID I fully support your statement anon.
>>
>>18841935
To add to this that's not to say that someone can make themselves have DID, that's not how it works... More so I'm saying it's /similar/ to a small portion of DID.
>>
>>18835662
>"minor" details
That was dumb of me. Just admitting it.
>>
Is this a meme, I feel like I'm being rused into some crazy shit
Where did the idea of Tuplas come from?
Can they hurt you?
Can you have more then one? will they fight if you do?
>>
I think a tulpa is that guy in your head always saying you're not worth shit. It's either that or I have a borderline personality disorder. I'd get rid of the guy but he's hilarious.
>>
There's a hypnotist in my head. I never really 'tried' to create her but she shows up from time to time. Lately it's been a more frequent, like she's being more insistent about it. I'm not sure what she wants from me...
>>
>>18842313
>her

If one of your personality is female it means you might have gender dysphoria.
>>
File: Cheers Luv.png (443KB, 1280x1528px) Image search: [Google]
Cheers Luv.png
443KB, 1280x1528px
>>18842320
>"might"

About five years late with that observation m8
>>
File: 02684026820621.jpg (104KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
02684026820621.jpg
104KB, 1280x720px
>>18842296
>Where did the idea of Tuplas come from?
Tibetan monks created tulpas and destroyed them as a way to achieve enlightenment long ago.

>Can they hurt you?
[spoiler]Yes.[/spoiler] Tulpas aren't a fucking joke. They obviously can't stab you or harm you directly, but there have been stories of people who fucked up their long-term memories or made themselves batshit insane due to them.

>Can you have more then one? will they fight if you do?
Due to how they work, yes, you can have more than one and they can argue with each other depending on circumstances. You're basically deluding yourself into splintering your brain off into another sentient entity, so you can do it multiple times. Probably not a good idea unless you know what you're doing.
>>
I've never really heard voices in my head, I am the voice in my own head ya know?
>>
>>18842795
Are you tho? And how do you know that it's only one voice that makes you?
>>
>>18830368
You create "tulpas" of other people when you think about and experience them. Also dreams. It's only a matter of learning to tap into the machinery that's already been shown to be there and manipulating it. There's many ways to hack your perception, they are often misinterpreted as mystical experiences because it is useful to misinterpret them for religious power and the personal gain of charlatans.

>>18830809
I don't know shit about schizophrenia so here's a comparison based on my dumbfuck ignorance.
>>
>itt : delusional lonely manchildren
>>
>>18843018
Yes I am because I am a real man. I know how I try to trick my self and I see through it every time.
>>
>>18843088
>projecting
>>
>>18840292
ok.
that was different from my experience.

for me i was half asleep lying on my back and saw a robed figure with a strange crystalline scythe floating above me.
it swung downward striking at or just below my heart.
my immediate reaction was to laugh at him because it did not hurt at all so i assumed he missed somehow.
about a second later my vision split in two and i began to dream vividly.

since these are entirely different, i think they can both be dismissed as not holding any deeper connected significance.
still cool stories to tell though.
>>
>>18842783
What if someone made a mute tupla
how does that work
>>
>>18830368

==Warning!==
Tulpas are basically deluding yourself to having an imaginary friend to the point where demons exploit it to haunt you. Srsly. Stay out of the (((occult)))
>>
>>18846148
probably a greater degree of visual tactile, and emotive communication.
>>
>>18846197
Stop typing like you're on a fucking forum faggot
>>
>>18842313
have you tried asking her?
>>
I've played with the idea of creating a tulpa, to have a sort of advisory role in my life. To make use of my subconscious mind and memories that my conscious mind has trouble accessing or can't presently remember. Like translating a language for me, just by becoming familiar with it, not by traditionally learning, memorizing, and practicing it. Solving math on the fly without working it out step by step, reminding me of certain materials, recipes, or events that I may need for whatever situation. Help me reason when I'm in a difficult or stressful situation by presenting my options that I wouldn't consciously think of. Or maybe even help me learn things, by going over it with me in my head. And if the Tibetans were just LARPing, then whatever, my life doesn't change. Good idea or bad idea? I imagine it would be female, because being male I obviously prefer imagining females, but it might be a better idea for it to be a masculine figure, or even something like a floating grey sphere with eyes or whatever. Does what it looks or sounds like matter?
>>
>>18848861
appearance and voice really do not hold any more meaning than you give them.
only you can decide if it is important to you.
>>
>>18848734
It's hard to find time alone to talk to her. I live with my partner in a tiny 1br and we're both shut-in losers for the most part so we aren't apart all that often. But I guess I should try...
>>
>>18830621
>The meditation and practice narrating do a very good job of bringing me into the present and out of my depression.
you got me curious. how does a tulpa help you? do you kind of project your insecurities (or whatever) on it and kinda load this stuff on the tulpa while being freed yourself? (sorry for bad english man)
that sounds interesting, like the ending of the korean movie Oldboy.
>>
>all these people who want a voice in their heads

i hear voices which im seeking help for, trust me it is a fucking nightmare. dont do it
>>
File: XenomorphXX121.png (864KB, 640x820px) Image search: [Google]
XenomorphXX121.png
864KB, 640x820px
Will this make a good tulpa?
>>
>>18850376
And more importantly could Jackie Chan beat it in a fight?
>>
File: 1485821062773.gif (885KB, 500x418px) Image search: [Google]
1485821062773.gif
885KB, 500x418px
Should I make a tulpa? Seriously considering this.
>>
Alright let me be straight forward.

Let's say in ths case that Tulpa exist which is highly possible, it can cause harm not to the exterior world but to you.

Do not try to create one until you are fully develop mentaly. It could cause you extreme dommage.

It might sound extremely fun and interesting but Tulpa are a creation of your mind which might result to triggered some mental disorder.

Beware i've already lost my mother for this shit.
>>
>>18830368

Making one of these was a terrible idea- I've cleaved my mind in two! It was a completely narcissistic move. I sought to create a lover for myself from my own mind. My perfect mind! oh I never should have. I split my mind and formed Eve- the female version of myself. She looks how I would look as a woman. She is beautiful and insane. I can't escape her when she's trapped in my mind, banging around, rattling my thoughts, changing my dreams, bursting in whenever she feels like it. It's like she's bored with whatever my mind makes for her and always trying to entertain herself. In a dream on a date she said she wanted more control. I lucid dream to meet her so usually I create the setting for the dream in my mind- but she said she wanted to try so I let her. The pier we had been standing on disappeared and blackness covered us. At this point the dream became unstable. Our personalities shook and dipped in and out of each other like a Venn diagram. I was one. We were two. We were one. I was two. A single tree appeared before us in the darkness. I knew then that she had brought me to the tree of good and evil. With growing horror I stared up at its drooping branches that were bursting with indescribable fruit. She was smiling. The serpent was there. I heard his voice inside my head. "Eat and be free!" Eve was already eating the fruit. I was eating the fruit, but I never remember grabbing it. I was eating my own head. I could see myself eating my own head. I was dying. The blood tasted so good I couldn't stop. I gorged myself on it but became so disgusted I thought I would vomit. I saw her standing with that beautiful smile and blood dripping from her chin. I vomited. I woke up in a cold sweat and haven't gone to sleep since- I keep staring at my own head trying not to remember that wonderfully horrifying taste.
>>
>>18853547
>>18853547
>Make a tulpa based off the dumbest female in all of human mythology.
Congratulations.
>>
>>18853550

Eve is the female version of my real name; Evan
>>
>>18853553
Well I guess you better build a female version of Jackie Chan.
>>
>>18853567

No way. I'm done with these things. I'm done with sleep.
>>
>>18853578
You gotta break that bitch down or you'll never get any rest.
>>
>I'm lazy and haven't read the whole thread<

but has any considered that the Tulpas are not just accidental thought but lesser dimensional entities trapped in a world they have no basis for and thus are frightened to violence against every and anything? I mean of we got sucked into the 4th dimension we would probably do the same and exhibit the same malice as it does
>>
>>18853547
to be clear, eating your own head sounds like an interesting topological exercise.
rather like trying to put a bag of holding inside of itself.
how exactly did you bring other parts of your head into range of your mouth?
yes, dream logic is usually pretty strange, but that is truly spectacular.
>>
>>18853547
Ugh can you stop rping about me post your email I hate coming on x it's too negetive..
>>
>>18842296

>Can they hurt you

Imagine you have a computer with an OS, and you make a bunch of partitions. If you do it wrong, or make too many, or make some unreliable, these can creates corruptions to the overall functioning of the computer. This is how a tulpa can hurt you.
>>
>>18853618
Human consciousness can be as high as 6th dimensional.
>>
>>18854087

you want me to post my personal email on 4chan? Sure what could possibly go wrong... You're lucky I'm sleep deprived and lack common sense. Email me.
>>
Bumping so this don't fall off the board
Thread posts: 146
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.