[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello, today a relative came home with this odd handmade charm.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: unknown charm export small.jpg (3MB, 3558x2805px) Image search: [Google]
unknown charm export small.jpg
3MB, 3558x2805px
Hello, today a relative came home with this odd handmade charm. Apparantly she was walking through the cbd of a large city when she sees something thrown at her feet to the side, she picks up the charm and takes it. She does not know the origin of this charm but It may be Aboriginal or islander as that would be likely. I need to know if this has any curse or good luck and what it is. If anyone knows I would appreciate points in the right direction.
>>
Uh oh.
>>
>>18823044
What?
>>
> rolls 15 qr9

Yup, advances over bridge to Troll Knoll bar. Adventurers can rest up to *48 hours* based on parties stats
>>
File: 1474632898781.png (208KB, 369x362px) Image search: [Google]
1474632898781.png
208KB, 369x362px
>>18823057
funny one
>>
OP why did you feel the ruler was necessary in the pic? How does that provide additional reference in the slightest?

And why were you measuring it?
>>
>>18823060
If anyone actually knows anything about these charms than a size might be useful in identifying it. Also effort might invoke some actual answers
>>
File: Lift.jpg (388KB, 600x394px) Image search: [Google]
Lift.jpg
388KB, 600x394px
>>18823021
Her charm looks Polynesian.

It could be some kind of solar compass, where you see how the light shines across the luster of the stone to determine the relative position of the sun.

Both she and you should ask if anyone is requesting a lost item that matches the picture. The charm has good luck if you need direction, and only if you are willing to be truthfully sincere.
>>
>>18823021
Why would she touch it? It's bad enough that it was thrown at her
>>
>>18823072
Thanks for actual reply, if it makes nay difference the father of my family died a year ago today, she found it today
>>
>>18823074
How does she know it was thrown at her and not merely lobbed in her general direction?
>>
>>18823074
I have no idea.

>>18823079
She doesnt, she just picked it up out of interest i guess
>>
>>18823077
A museum might help you with identification and appraisal. You could possibly study solar compasses in Polynesian navigation.

Luck may have granted you a keepsake memento out of happenstance. You can turn this into momentum for self-improvement.
>>
>>18823094
I might try bring it to a museum. But I would like to know what it is as soon as possible so I know if I should be keeping it close or throwing it away
>>
>>18823103
Keep it close, definitely.
>>
>>18823103
I should add: if it is a curse, then it only stands to harm you through sin, likely hoarding in this case.

Maybe the museum could put you in touch with an ethnographer for more information.
>>
File: cowrie.jpg (72KB, 570x428px) Image search: [Google]
cowrie.jpg
72KB, 570x428px
>>18823021
looks like a cowrie shell
>>
>>18823162
Thanks anon
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.