[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what are the benefits to Ego Death, has anybody here had an experience

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: ego.jpg (44KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
ego.jpg
44KB, 500x500px
what are the benefits to Ego Death, has anybody here had an experience with Ego Death? what was it like?
>>
>>18822606
You realised you were never really alive to being with.

We were all just following the same narrative, wander about to try and feel good by any means, hedonism, sadomasocism, self-sacrifice, mass murder, meditation, suicide(people see it as escape from bondage) you get the idea.

Ego death is just that, the death of the urge that pushes you to find meaning in meaninglessness. It is the single most terrifying experience I have ever known, at one point I was even hoping for Satan to take me away, since even in hell would I be acknowledged for something, even if it was just punishment for my sins.

In that void it hit me, since I was the only bumbling mass of thought in that void, and I could derive pleasure from the thought of hell, and experience terror at the thought of an eternity in some gated cloud surrounded by people I've already met and video farewell too, the only constant was me, and change.

Oh fuck, do you go full fucking buddha after a few hits of Lsd and dmt. Fuck if I wish I could go back and just get a job, put my feet up on the fire. Either an ignorant swine or a toothless chaser of the unknown, eventually we meet the same end, just make sure your actions are true.
>>
unable to function in real life now.
>>
you get to know the truth
>>
Ego death is possible because there will always be an underlying individual. The death is that of false ego which is caused by identification with the material mind and body.
>>
>>18822756
>the only constant was me
uh.. very poetic mate but thats not ego death at all

you just sound like you had a heavily religious dream about the afterlife

>>18822606
Iv taken Salvia and that was quite like a void, I completely forgot who I was and just experienced a feeling of syncronicity and flow, then coming back to was like youv been gone for millions of years and you remember your whole life again and who you are
that was the closest i think iv had to ego death, Shrooms wernt anywhere near it
>>
>>18822606
>what are the benefits to Ego Death, has anybody here had an experience with Ego Death?

Yes, many times
>How

Altered states of consciousness brought on by psychedelics.

>what was it like?

Its literally like remembering that you are something else altogether, but its so familiar.

I would like to point out that anyone talking about "ego death" is merely talking about an experience they had in where the ego did not exist.

You cannot interact with a Human in this "reality" that does not have an ego. Its here so we have the illusion of talking to someone else
>>
>>18822606
what you should be asking is.
what is grain death?
>>
Took a bunch of mushrooms when I was younger the day before I had court for these two warrants I had. Non violent offenses but still scary as a kid. Took the shrooms because it seemed like such a. Stupid idea that's why it seemed solo appealing.

I was was checking how's much mental stress I can handle because I'm already pretty mentally strong.

Anyway I take the shrooms and thee come up was very strong ,room pretty quickly became 3x as large. I look into the mirror because I was told it was a bad idea I mean why not?

So I look intensely at myself in the mirror and soon thee connection I've had myself melts away. The person becomes a stranger to me in the mirror. I lost myself. I looked like an alien ape liked I've never seen a human before.

I lost myself but still had all the info into myself solo I was able to look in too myself like never before. I could feel that my personality was split maybe in three? And I looked at myself critically with the perspective off thee universe and I creeped myself out. I didnt liked myself I thought I was creepy. So I told myself I'm not going to be that old person anymore. I realized I could just. Obliterate my personality And be whatever I want. Sorry mobile. But I've become a much better person
>>
>>18822804
hahaha i know what you mean
iv also had that experience looking in a mirror while on shrooms... baaaaad idea
>>
>>18822795
Yeah I had something similar happen on salvia, I legitimately thought I was leaving this "movie" (life) and suddenly I sad but I like this movie, and then I realized I was extremely high and started laughing.

Anyway Ego death is actually normally atributed to a finger print of LSD, which is something crazy like 100 tabs of acid or something.
I would like to do it, but I want to be older I think, much wiser, much more comfortable in my own skin.
Acid is very much how you're feeling about yourself, your life, your emotional state and mental state, and even if you think it's ok it may be a shitty trip because things aren't going exactly "well."
>>
It gave me peace. It allowed me to truly stop caring what others think of me, and allowed me to find absolute truth in our world. I went from being angry to being afraid to laughing my ass off. The whole human experience is bullshit, everything in our society is a complete ponzi scheme. The only way to be free and reclaim your humanity is to exist in spite of other humans.

You really don't get it until you experience it. I was able to step out of myself and look at from a completely neutral perspective and I felt bad. I have suffered a lot for reasons I've had no control over. I'm not an individual, I am the sum of every interaction I've had with other people, it really makes you reevaluate your friendships. The entire experience has taught me to be more kind to compassionate to people who deserve it, and call out psychic vampires when I encounter them. But this was all drug induced, so who knows I could be full of shit.
>>
>>18822812
>>18822804
what happens when you look
>>
>>18822823
You know when you look into a mirror and your like 'hey that's me' that doeesnt happen anymore you lose connection to the person in the mirror. Its almost likes a stranger. Then pretend your an alien that's never seen a human then you see one. Out look like a weird ape alien
>>
>>18822823
Not them, but what is happening is you're realizing that you're the whole surrounding, rather than just a person in a body.

Which is terrifying
>>
File: Lift.jpg (388KB, 600x394px) Image search: [Google]
Lift.jpg
388KB, 600x394px
>>18822606
A number of anons seem to be confusing 'Ego Death' with the psychological injuries induced by overdose on psychedelics. I know about the entheogenic traditions and the more naturopathic means of meditation, so I will offer guidance in this thread.

The states of ego death is a kind of mental absolution which eliminates the notion of superficiality in self-image. Thereby, we humans can optimize our mentalities by optimizing consciousness to a minima of self.

Psychedelics work by directly inducing the immune system to attack scar tissue and persistent, yet sub-chronic, infections. Those ailments cause excess self-consciousness as a defensive mechanism for injuries which are too subtle for popular consensus. On the other hand, psychedelic overdose has the potential to cause injury ergo. States of meditation involve the repeated exhaustion of small muscles, so that the immune system is gradually induced to affect an organ system for curative purpose.

Please stay within the law for your given jurisdiction, and above all else: stay safe.
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lTxDEu1mw68
>>
>>18822813
I dont know man... Salvia and shrooms were enough for me ... felt like a different person afterwords
dont think i would want any more intense than that
>>
>>18822823
im >>18822812
pretty much what the others said, basically no recognition of your face being you, then everything else associated with "you" doesnt fit either, it feels very disorienting as if you arnt in the right place
>>
>>18822606

Having fun while getting fucked in the ass by nigger dicks.
>>
Like the majority of people here who've experienced ego death it was from a large and intense psychedelic experience.

It was terrifying. The worst part was that I had to slowly 'put myself back together' - it was like I had been mentally shattered into a hundred different pieces and each one was painfully brought back to me one by one.

I got to see parts of myself I had never realised really existed and I didn't like some of what I saw. I think ultimately it made me a better person but it was very confronting and I spent probably six months recovering from the experience mentally.

The hardest part is sometimes I have flashbacks when i'm particularly tired where it feels like the experience is happening again but it never fully does. Just a panicky kind of flashback experience.
>>
File: 1484964050678.jpg (140KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1484964050678.jpg
140KB, 800x800px
>>18822795
>uh.. very poetic mate but thats not ego death at all

are you some kind of retard? you don't shit on other people's subjective interpretations of their personal trips, especially if your point of reference is only Salvia fs it nothing like Lsd, and dmt would make it seem like a fucking trip to Disneyland in relative breakthrough comparison.

If your talking about a true breakthrough then you're not coming back to tell anyone about it, the rest is just fucking with your brain, and pushing your body to break the mental barrier between conscious and subconscious to the point you wholeheartedly do not care whether this world is the real one, or the one is, frankly you don't care because it feels just as free yet you know you're going there anyway, so you rather comexpensive back now, try to educate retards on the interbeams
>>
>>18822606
For myself, I felt my, I guess consciousness, elating/transcending. I felt like an alien in a foreign place as I was sitting on the couch in my friend's living room. This was the same living room we would all play video games together in for years. The TV remote, the TV, our cellphones, the fridge, etc. all felt like alien devices to me. Listening to my friends talk all sounded cyclic and repetitious. The room felt like a new place.

I knew how everyone was and what everything in the room was, but at the same time I felt like a newcomer just who had never encountered any of this before.

When I closed my eyes, I saw a figure of light sitting in a meditative pose, composed of trillions of particles of light. Each light had a different distances from each other, but all together formed a vague figure. For some reason, I attributed the particles of light as individual people and how close or far away they were from the 'peace' that the collective formed. Each particle of light was buzzing in it's own trajectory/velocity closer or farther away from the figure, which again I attributed to the the human's nature being inconsistent in their conviction. I don't know though, that whole light particle figure part was more or less how my mind reasoned what I was seeing. Objectively though, it was just a figure made of moving light particles.

Towards the end of my experience it felt like I was turning into a caveman. I could feel my mind slumping back down into a stupid human, but a stupid human equipped with insight that only had relevance to me.

It was a humbling experience.
>>
>>18822606
Transcends a mere language.
>>
>>18822606
I hit the void
I came back

You die, you come back. You die, you come back. You die, you come back. Over and over and over again. Life is so sweet the soul refuses to lose it. The honey named Melancholy lasts for a while, when it subsides peace returns. The problem is when the Heaven's make arbitrary rules and reveal them to you. Trying to teach you, through pain. You get lost in it and lash out like a wild animal. Put your thoughts to paper, never knowing who you are. You can beg them, or yourself. It will only appear as an agent begging the question though. Then you reassign words to things. Remember meaning not really understanding how you could remember what you hadn't thought to remember until focus set in. Then you realize you need to focus, but you are in the loudest most annoying busy body fucking place on the planet and the noise at your job never shuts the fuck up. You exist and so there must be something beyond mere existence, so you seek it, you try to focus, but the loud pointless bullshit all around clouds your head and you slip into rage and wrath. You lose your key, knock on the window to get into the house. Waiting to release anger that keeps building for no fucking reason. But it doesn't go away and you squint while typing just trying not to slam your fucking face into your screen and slice your neck to bits all over the broken glass. Still not sure where I am or what I am doing, but I hate it. All of it. Yet I love my creator. I want peace, rest. But I can't sleep because if I give my mind a moment I will rage yet again which will start to fuel itself.
>>
>>18822848

I'm wrestling with the question of why is it terrifying?

I've experienced feelings of understanding that all is One both during psychedelics and post-psychedelics in completely sober states, and I get a welling of fear that I believe is a result of thinking I am alone in/am the universe forever, which is only a scary thought if I were stuck in eternity AS this current incarnation. But understanding that this whole experience/universe/reality/AM-ness is an eternal, ever changing form of transcendent "self" in the most purest sense of the word, then why is that so terrifying?

Words are inefficient and I don't know if I articulated accurately what I'm feeling/asking but I think it's a good jumping off point if this gets a reply.
>>
>>18822606
Possibility to build a new, better ego, and realizing most mistakes one did with the old, dead one.
>>
>>18823533
proceed
>>
this was one of the most beautiful thing i've read today

thank you anon
>>
>>18822795
retard
>>
>>18822606

Look, ego death is a nihilistic concept, if you have any curiosity about the possibility of life after death or the paranormal you won't get anywhere with it.

Ego death has no benefits when outside the nihilistic approach, i for example think that if there's any possibility of "life" after death must be through a strong ego.
>>
File: IMG_3009.png (252KB, 767x380px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3009.png
252KB, 767x380px
>>18822606
Yes. Sometimes you have to have everything taken. To show you you are the same as everyone at some point. Everyone. No wiser than anyone. We all have the same potential.
>>
91:1.3 (995.2) But the primitive mind was neither logical nor consistent. Early men did not perceive that material things were not the province of prayer. These simple-minded souls reasoned that food, shelter, rain, game, and other material goods enhanced the social welfare, and therefore they began to pray for these physical blessings. While this constituted a perversion of prayer, it encouraged the effort to realize these material objectives by social and ethical actions. Such a prostitution of prayer, while debasing the spiritual values of a people, nevertheless directly elevated their economic, social, and ethical mores.

91:1.4 (995.3) Prayer is only monologuous in the most primitive type of mind. It early becomes a dialogue and rapidly expands to the level of group worship. Prayer signifies that the premagical incantations of primitive religion have evolved to that level where the human mind recognizes the reality of beneficent powers or beings who are able to enhance social values and to augment moral ideals, and further, that these influences are superhuman and distinct from the ego of the self-conscious human and his fellow mortals. True prayer does not, therefore, appear until the agency of religious ministry is visualized as personal.
>>
>>18823908
Because it doesn't make space for land rovers?
>>
Ego death is the mind eye of living, realize the lie and get to live it.

Ego assimilation is understanding, becoming what you all ways are and owning it. Your ego is basically a tulpa of the beast inside you wanting to be you I like to think.
>>
>>18823931

I don't get it.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.