[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /x/ I don't know if this is really paranormal or not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1454.png (189KB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1454.png
189KB, 350x197px
Hey /x/ I don't know if this is really paranormal or not but I'm gonna post anyways bc there's nothing else but divination bullshit
Can anyone tell me about radio interference? About a year ago I was on a long road trip with my dad and we were listening to the radio when we passed an unmarked cargo truck and all of a sudden our radio fully blacked out and then started to make distorted static like another radio was trying to communicate, this was in middle of nowhere Utah, any thoughts?
>>
>>18818883
I don't know much about radio interference but that is pretty interesting.
>>
>>18818899
Yeah not too long after we saw a personal plane landing in literally bumfuck nowhere far off the road with a helicopter following it I don't want to sound to conspiratorial but it was pretty weird
>>
Most big rigs have a two way citizens band radio with stepped amplifiers on board. If was talking on that radio just as you passed that could have messed up your fm car radio.

Then again, with all the air bases aND military shit in Utah it could have just as easily been military shit too.
>>
>>18819131
Not OP here but: not knowing anything about radio myself, is it possible to have more powerful amplifiers and less powerful ones, like most truckers use amp A which doesn't provide much interference with fm, but the occasional trucker uses super magneto amp B which can blast radios to shit but they use it because they travel in desolate overland routes?

I used to regularly commute a 12 mile stretch of interstate highway that always had commercial truck traffic, all times of day and never encountered radio interference aside from a spot near some large hills.
>>
>>18819147

Those amps don't come in a type A or B. They design and and build them for whatever specific wattage output is needed. They are called linear amplifiers. The smallest Ive seen is a 50 and up to 1000 watts. They are all illegal. By law you are only allowed to transmit three watts and thats what all CB radios have built into them at the factory. Those 1000 watt amplifiers will blow out TV reception in an entire neighborhood. You can key up the mike with one of those and pass a fluorescent light bulb near the antenna and it will cause the bulb to light up.
>>
>>18818928
Assuming it's not just a few coincidences, sounds like maybe drug dealers flying in for a pick-up/drop-off and were using some kind of radio hammer to prevent police from communicating.
>>
>>18818883
Electical engineering student here. The thing about FM radio is that its normally super reistant to interference (compared to AM at least). When AM is fucked with, youll generally hear both your intended signal and the interference signal. So if im trying to transmit a voice clip of someone talking, and someone else tries to jam that with piano music, the recieve will hear the voice clip woth piano music in the background (or vice versa if the interfering signal is stronger). If its FM radio, youll only hear one or the other (whichever is more powerful), not both. Im also pretty sure that trucker radios operate on a totally different frequency band than conventional commercial radio stations to avoid shit like this.

The mimdane explenation is that the truck basically, by a fluke, got positioned just right to cause the station signal to get fucked with via reflectiom, refraction, absorbtion, etc of the signal so that your radio still picked it up but it was distorted.

The tinfoil hatter alternative is that the truck had some kind of short range jammer on it
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.