[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Requesting places and stories of spooky shit in Ontario. Specifically

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 17

File: Flag_Map_of_Ontario.png (64KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Flag_Map_of_Ontario.png
64KB, 2000x2000px
Requesting places and stories of spooky shit in Ontario. Specifically Essex county, but all of the province is welcome.
>>
File: 1456671364557.png (30KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1456671364557.png
30KB, 657x527px
Come on, there has to be at least on Ontaranon with spooky stories
>>
>>18816629
I thought that was the East African coast at first. Eritrea, Djibouti, Ethiopia, and Somalia.

I was really confused at first.
>>
>>18817790
I know spooks has two meanings, but I meant ghosts
>>
File: justintrudeau.jpg (151KB, 1000x640px) Image search: [Google]
justintrudeau.jpg
151KB, 1000x640px
>>18816629
if this doesnt scare you nothing will anon
>>
File: 1490399546196.gif (364KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1490399546196.gif
364KB, 500x375px
>>18817870
delet this
>>
File: 1490324874139.png (32KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1490324874139.png
32KB, 250x250px
>>18816629
Texas Road right outside of Windsor. Spooky grave yard, bridge, forest and barn, supposedly haunted.
>>
I'm in sandwich towne. They have ghost tours here. It's probably around Halloween though. The battle of Windsor happened here, and prisoners were kept at Mckenzie hall. I read that some of the prisoners were hung and then buried on the property where the parking lot is now. So if you stand on the parking lot, you're most likely standing over a dead body. I don't know how true any of this is, but who know, might be haunted.
>>
>>18818406
I've heard of Texas Road, but I haven't been there yet. Any details on the spooks out there?

>>18818457
I've considered going on one of those, but always figured a large group of people would scare off the ghosts. Are there any other haunted spots in Sandwich ither than Mackenzie hall and the Dominion house?

Also, thanks for the serious responses
>>
>>18818591
I have no idea. There are a couple graveyards right in sandwich though.
>>
>>18818618
Thanks, Sandwich is near my house so I'll take a walk around soon
>>
Anything in TO?
And here I'm talking accessible. Queen's Park is supposed to be and my friend's old boss says she saw "something" while working late. (but that's all she really ever said)
I think Spadina House as well as William Lyon Mackenzie King's house is.. as is the downtown Keg. The Keg is the Old Massey house and some strange shit has gone on there. A lot that has been reported by guests (and not reported by staff) is that there is something menacing / angry around the women's washroom. Staff has basically been "locked in" in bathroom stalls when no one is around as well, one of my old roomie's who worked there felt a clutching hand on her shoulder from behind WHILE she was looking in the mirror.

I would love to know more.
>>
I've been to a Graveyard in the boonies outside of Orangeville Ontario that's located near an abandoned farm house. Extremely haunted. Lots of sightings. I've only been once and would probably never go back, me and my friends were deeply disturbed for a week after visiting.
>>
>>18819335
OP here, not in Toronto, but I saw something in Lake Ontario when I was flying up there. I'll elaborate more if you want, but I have to go now. Also, I'll be sure to stop by those places next time I'm up there, especially the Keg.

>>18819349
Sounds interesting. Do you recall what the name or road of the cemetery was? Do you know what made you feel uneasy?
>>
>>18820318
We should have an /x/ dinner @ the spooky keg mansion!
>>18820318
I don't remember I could google and find it, think it was in between Orangeville and Erin. Just like a weird presence followed us back, couldn't really describe it just an uneasy/being watched feeling. Made sleeping hard. My friend had weird dreams and claims while we were there she saw shadows in the dark, however that's possible I'm not sure.
>>
>>18820402
There are a couple of sideroad graveyards across the sideroad from Hillsburg to Orton as well as one at the bottom of 9th line.
>>
>>18816629
how is Ontario in Africa
>>
File: Ontario_location_North_America.gif (126KB, 365x310px) Image search: [Google]
Ontario_location_North_America.gif
126KB, 365x310px
>>18821506
Your geography knowledge astounds me
>>
>>18820402
>>18820402
The dinner sounds like a good idea, maybe we could even do a /x/ meetup the /k/ does and go innawoods when I can go up to Toronto, maybe even stop by those cemeteries.
>>
>>18821561
like /k/ does*
>>
File: ontario assembly.jpg (40KB, 502x328px) Image search: [Google]
ontario assembly.jpg
40KB, 502x328px
The Ontario Assembly is always creepy, since no one is ever inside.
If you're quiet enough, you can hear the ghost of Mike Harris moaning about privatization.
>>
File: 1485212901145.png (18KB, 365x363px) Image search: [Google]
1485212901145.png
18KB, 365x363px
>>18822211
delet channel 96
>>
Bump before I go to sleep
>>
Kenora is Wendigo Country.
Kingston is full of ghosts.
Ottawa has some historic ghost stuff as well.
Tons of abandoned places that are bound to be haunted.

Grant Cemetery outside of Ottawa is pretty haunted.

Buck Hill.
>>
>>18821561

oh I forgot.
There is also supposedly 2 spoops at the Malabar costume store in Toronto as well.
One is a woman (who wasn't that bright) who lost her head (literally) looking up at a descending elevator in an open shaft.
The other I think was her lover.
>>
>>18822890
Hey just to let you know Ol Wendi does not abide by your rules of space.
She is the Air, and there is only one in all of space.
Watch your shit, shill. Ive seen it.
>>
>>18816629
Should have been a Quebec thread. Ontario is shit.
>>
>>18823069
People that live in Quebec/ frenchies are literally disgusting
>>
>>18816629
Why do you guys pronounce it "aboot"
Learn to speak proper English faggots.
>>
>>18823069
Make your own thread frognigger
>>
>>18823848
Specifically to spite you, cunt!
>>
any places in the GTA, Burlington or Hamilton?
>>
Grew up in Oshawa

Old scugog road in port perry has a ghost biker or something.

Camp 30 in bowmanville, don't know of any specific spooks but is a creepy place

and of course, my favorite, whitby psyche, had some real scary times there in high school but it was demolished about 10-12 years ago
>>
>>18825682
lots of things in the hamilton area:
>dundas district middle school (it's been turned into condos, but as a former student before it was shut down I can attest to it's creepiness)
>dundurn castle
>century manor (former mental hospital. it's boarded up and inaccessible, but it's incredibly eerie looking from the outside. would love to see the inside one day)
>the hermitage ruins in the dundas conservation area is supposedly haunted and there are sometime ghost tours there area halloween
>i don't know where it is, but there's apparently an abandoned and haunted house on the native reservation close to brantford. i've heard stories of a witch and black magic taking place there. who knows.

there are probably other things i haven't mentioned, but those are the first that come to mind
>>
Anything in Guelph or surrounding?
I worked at the library at the Wellington Museum (which is supposed to be haunted) Spent MANY lunches hanging around the old hearse they have in there. It's full of glass and mirrors so I suspected if I could catch a glimpse at the right angle - but nothing...
>>
Bedtime bump
>>
If you live in Mississauga, there's been plenty of spoop stories about homes being haunted from around Cawthra and Dundas area to Cawthra and the 410/403 on-ramps.

There's also some creepy-ass occult shop near Dixie and Dundas, plus some hipster-ass occult shop on Lakeshore and Hurontario.
>>
>>18816629
i got some for elgin county if you're interested op
>>
>>18823721
English Canada owes most of its culture to the "Frenchies", you piece of shit. Our women are also way hotter than yours.
>>
>>18827330
>muh dick

frenchies are literal niggers.
>>
>>18817284
>Be Ontarian
>one night
>pretty dark
>go to sleep at 2AM
>Wake up
>It's still dark
>OMG
>>
>>18826347
Sounds good mate
>>
it's spooky how popular Ontario is desu, the Maritimes are better,
>>
>>18828552
Make your own thread
>>
;)
>>
File: 1475452964956.png (59KB, 1127x686px) Image search: [Google]
1475452964956.png
59KB, 1127x686px
>>18828561
>be ontarian
>no culture
>surrounded by muslims, blacks, indians, and hicks
>essentially usa jr.
>>
File: 2015-FederalElection.jpg (205KB, 590x430px) Image search: [Google]
2015-FederalElection.jpg
205KB, 590x430px
>>18828602
>be east coaster
>guarantee weed man as pm with 100% liberal vote
>>
>>18819335
There's the supposed "tunnel creature" around Regent Park, but I couldn't find any tunnel entrances when I lived around there. Supposedly, the church at Queen & Parliament has some sort of tunnel access via its basement, but good luck getting in there.
>>
>>18829523
http://torontoist.com/2013/02/toronto-urban-legends-the-real-toronto-underground/
>>
>>18829523
Lets have a spooky toronto meetup and try to get in
>>
>>18826330
cherry hill restaurant around here is a pretty well-known spot. heritage house built with stones from/on native burial ground, spooky sightings thought to be the original owners mad over the house's relocation. convenient spot since it's open to the public
>>
>>18817870
>picking substitute drama teacher as your PM

Only fucking leafs could have done that
>>
>>18832120
>Lets have a spooky toronto meetup
Why, which spooky creatures roam Toronto, other than your women?
>>
>>18832424
Fuck off frenchie. Like literally nobody cares about you or your shitty province, honestly. Keep your smelly and hairy women with drug addictions, thank you!
>>
>>18832434
This.
>>
They say White Otter Castle is haunted.
I can't say if it's true, as I've only been there during the day.
>>
emergency bump
>>
The true horror of Ontario
>>
>>18816629

They used to burn witches at Seacliff Park in Leamington.
>>
>>18816629
Back in 1977 maple syrop ran out, that was quite a terror.
>>
>>18838390
>tfw when Weed man and her were in town yesterday and I could have saved the nation
>>
>>18827330
Some of those native women tho
>>
>>18829600
Heard about that, too. Occasionally you'll overhear homeless/crackheads talking about it, and while they're not a reliable source, the homeless would know more than the average person if anything. They're quite resourceful at finding places out of the cold.

>>18832120
I don't live there anymore, and couldn't find any way in when I did. Asked several of the local elders I came across in the area, and most told me entrances were sealed in the 80s or 90s because some kids got down there and got hurt.
That's not to say you couldn't get in via the LOWER Union station, which was my other theory...but they don't usually open that to the public.
>>
Bedtime bump

I'm glad the thread is gaining traction, keep going guys, I'm still here
>>
>>18841413
It should have been about Quebec. Quebec is the oldest and greatest province of Canada. It stands to reason that spooky stories and places abound there.
>>
>>18841952
M A K E Y O U R O W N T H R E A D
A
K
E

Y
O
U
R

O
W
N

T
H
R
E
A
D
>>
>>18825737
Whitby psych was a godsend to teens.
So many stories there.

Initially I was spooked by the creepy ass place, and certainly saw some WRONG stuff there...
But after a while, we got used to it, and tended to do shit that probably made us the focus of other peoples' scary stories.

I used to go with an artist friend to paint murals. He did the big creature in the gymnasium and the cube room in the office building.

>took a while to find a way in through the tunnels, but finally gain access to a locked off wing
>get up on the roof to paint.
>1h later, painting by chemlight and moonlight, when we hear voices coming along the central road.
>stand up on edge of roof, silhouetted against the sky. Silently watch them, trying to decide if we've been made by cops/security.
>see one in white shirt point up at us
>female screaming
>they bolt back the way they came
I wonder what they thought we were, perched on the roof's edge in goggles and dustmasks...

After they tore it down, they built a subdivision overtop of it. They never filled in the tunnels, just built over top of them. My mother moved into one of those houses when she retired, so I love teasing her about being built overtop haunted tunnels.
The funny thing is, though, she says she sometimes hears knocking below the floor of the basement at night. And they had to move the living room to the second floor because the basement/ground floor is perpetually freezing cold, even in the summer.
>>
>>18843546
sounds neat. got a map of the tunnels?
>>
Port Hope's got the Walton, where one of the town's most infamous murders was committed.

Of course, the local theatre uses it as storage now. Doesn't stop it from being spooky as fuck though
>>
I've been wondering, are there any cryptids south of Ottawa? I know most of the great lakes have serpents, and the wendigo is north of Ottawa, but are there any down here?
>>
pretty sure my old house in the GTA was haunted, had a bunch of spoopy shit happen there growing up and such
>>
>>18819335
Apparently Kirby Road in Vaughan has a spooky house with a tombstone and shit but I drove there last summer and couldn't find it.

Kirby road is spooky anyway, just a narrow rural road with no signs of life
>>
>>18826330
Wtf. I live in Port Credit and have never seen either of those occult shops. How am I so oblivious
>>
>>18823848
Nobody under 35 pronounces it that way. We were raised by American television.
>>
>>18835504
Same. It's still pretty creepy during the day though.
>>
I can't confirm any of the Thunder Bay spooky legends but I can list them if you guys want them. I've only had one really freaky experience here.
>>
>>18847479
Post it mate
>>
File: welose.jpg (289KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
welose.jpg
289KB, 2000x1000px
>>18817870
Truly terrifying.
>>
File: 1240771908299.jpg (8KB, 251x251px) Image search: [Google]
1240771908299.jpg
8KB, 251x251px
>>18823069
Frogniggers are shit tier
>>
kirby rd over here in GTA is spooky

there's the whole creepypasta on it, as well as just being a really creepy place as is

i drove by a few times and it wasn't the best time ive ever had
>>
>>18841952
Quebec is full of frog niggers
>>
>>18819335
wheat sheaf might be, but it could be just some made-up stories to go along with its history

muzik nightclub is where they brought the charred remains of the people who did in the noronic fire
>>
>>18847866
Not familiar with the pasta, do you have a link?
>>
File: getlstd-property-photo.jpg (48KB, 550x412px) Image search: [Google]
getlstd-property-photo.jpg
48KB, 550x412px
There is a motel called The Nordic Inn up in Dorset, ON. My father stayed at the very end unit that looks like a cottage in the pic, he built cottages and stayed in the unit for months. I do not believe that unit is rented out but my dad worked something out with the owner. He told stories very rarely about what he experienced in those months staying at the Nordic Inn. Pots and Pans flying right at him, old books with old writing he couldnt make out the language hiddin within the lodge, random cold spots. He spent most of the time there alone or with my step-mom time to time, whatever was there started fucking with him personally and he had to cancel some projects and relocate. Have more stories if anyones interested and looking to go visit the place as I have been there twice before and it was very eerie.
>>
>>18849533
I'm interested, post some mate
>>
>>18847479
Post em please. I lived there for a couple of years, kind of interested.
>>
Apparently the Dominion House is haunted, I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't, that place has been open for almost 150 years. Also, I've been on Texas Road and didn't see anything suspicious, idk maybe i'll have to go back but I went through some trail and near the cemitary and didn't see shit
>>
>>18847866
Where exactly is the "haunted" house? I drove on Kirby from Jane to Keele but couldn't seem to find it
>>
>>18848192
Here's the link
http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/Kirby_Road

I had friends from that area so I knew the legend before creepypasta really got popular
>>
>>18823848
>aboot
it's pronounced "a boat" - that's the way I hear a lot of natives say it, at least

also:
>born in the suburbs
>mostly new buildings
>very little history
>no spooky stories
the closest it gets here is a house where a murder happened within walking distance of my home. walking past that place gives me bad vibes, but that was only after I found out about what had happened there
>>
>>18851781
woah are you me? i also live in the suburbs with mostly new homes and a murder took place just around the corner from me, but that happened in 2000. I didn't learn about it until recently and the house has since been torn down and rebuilt, but it's still spooky.

i live in etobicoke btw...maybe we are neighbours m8
>>
>>18851621
Interesting read. You say it's not total fiction?

>>18851781
I know that feel

>>18851390
I've heard about the Dominion House being haunted, but I don't drink much so I haven't gone
>>
File: 1490598493541.gif (486KB, 475x347px) Image search: [Google]
1490598493541.gif
486KB, 475x347px
>>18851929
hah - we're both in the GTA at least. this happened in Markham in '07, but this house is still standing (though I'm sure the new owners got a hell of a good deal on the price for obvious reasons)
here's an article about the case:
http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/charges-laid-in-markham-double-homicide-case-1.228937
>>
>>18850444
Some other minor things that happened during his stay were things such as the TV turning on by itself, doors swinging open, he said he was always being watched even when he was taking a shit. He said while sitting on the toilet he would watch as something was pushing out of the shower curtain, he would mock it as he wiped his ass and it would let go. Now my dad is an old school guy so hearing these kind of stories with such detail and belief definitely caught my ear. He said he would communicate with it and it would stop messing around time to time, but he felt as whatever he was talking to would never let up and that he was in its domain. .
>>
File: 768b.jpg (8KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
768b.jpg
8KB, 240x160px
>>18850444
The cottages he built were massive and he needed an extra helper time to time to prepare and bring material (he was a stone mason) so he and this Ukrainian FOB stayed in the lodge, thats when the entity started to get into his head. He would have reoccurring dreams that involved his mother, he would be laying down in bed back in his old apartment when he first came to Canada (Lakeshore rd near the christie factory) and he would hear his mom call out to him from the other room "go to sleep my son, you've been working very hard and you deserve rest" she kept going on with comforting words and he explained it as feeling serene and nostalgic. He then started feeling something crawl up his bed and then onto his chest, that is when he started to choke and he kept hearing "open your eyes". He eventually did and he saw the black mass, he let out a few peeps and squeaks which woke up the other helper who fell asleep on the sofa, he called out to my dad and the black mass jumped off him and stood in the doorway. He said it looked similar to what a swarm of gnats or musquitos looked like, had only a simple figure and stood about 4 feet. He got about two seconds look at it and it jumped on him again until the helper made his way upstairs to my dads room. He explained the dream and what he saw to the helper and he was shocked becuase the helper was having the same exact dream but said that he woke up from it because a picture of mother mary fell over in his back home dream room. It happened once again two nights later but it switched from my dad to the Ukrainian guy and they left the lodge middle of the night and stayed at a nearby trailer park. He tried to inquire with the owner about what the hell was going on in that lodge, but the owner seemed sensitive to the subject possibly not wanting to draw negative news and affect buisness
>>
bumb
>>
You been to Ontario. A town called bowmanville has an abandoned WW2 prison/school. It's called Camp 30. Too late to check it out now, pigs put cameras everywhere and boarded the buildings up, but once upon a time you could explore everywhere.
I remember my friend climbed down a ladder in one of the buildings and found an outline of a human in a pentagram. It had candles that were burnt to the ground. The candles were placed at the tips of the pentagram. There were lots of homeless that made homes out of the place. There was a hill that lead to something like a bunker. If you climbed down the ladder there was this hobo camp. It would have been pitch black down there, so whoever lived there would have been beyond ratchet.
>>
>>18841952
fuck off frenchie, again we don't CARE ABOUT YOUR SHITSTAIN PROVINCE
>>
Fort George in Niagra is apparently haunted. Went there with my family when I was young. A few years later was creeping the pics on the family computer from the trip. There was one taken of the entrance gate with a distorted figure off to the side. It could have been dust kick up but it's pretty distorted unlike floating sand/dust.
>>
>>18825737
I've heard that biker ghost. I'm from Peterborough .. if it's the same story. The guy was riding and smoked a rock and if you touch the rock it's always hot. Also you can apparently see a motorcycle headlight coming down the road toward you.
>>
>>18856869
Can you post the pic? Sounds interesting
>>
There's a swamp with a bunch of bodies
>>
>>18856895
I'd have to go to my parents house. I know we scrapped the pc along time ago and I gave the hdd to a buddy. I think we backed it to my dads laotop which is still there. I go there often I'll lookin the laptop for it next time .. been meaning to for years now lol

Also Case Manor in Bobcaygeon is haunted. Knew a worker , on the higher floors things would be moved in rooms , feeling of being watched .. moving shadows etc. The typical haunted retirement home bs.
>>
>>18816629
Any Ottawanons want to meet up for a good old-fashioned urban exploration/ghost hunt? No experience with it myself but I figure it'd be a good time.
>>
>>18825682
London has a few haunted schools, Toronto has that castle, Casa Loma that's haunted, Niagara falls has a few haunted cemeteries, niagara-on-the-lake has quite a few haunted buildings and a fort that sees the occasional phantom cannon firing.
>>
File: TE9eN0R.jpg (17KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
TE9eN0R.jpg
17KB, 500x374px
>>18857036
I'd go if I lived in Ottawa. You might get more attention if you make a separate thread about it. Good luck mate
>>
>>18851390
>Dominion House
lol i'm not sure what's worse; the fact this place is haunted or that their home page is advertising meals made with kd
>>
>>18840474
The tunnel creature isn't particularly anything interesting.
There's a few beliefs that it has killed some animals at night, but other than that, it's dormant.
>>
Eh, nothing spooky here for me really. I'm in Barrie
>>
>>18858459
Actually the only spooky things I've heard from Ontario include big foot encounters in northern Ontario, I think they had an episode of monster quest on that. And spooky lights in the north, James Bay Road, but that's more into Quebec.
>>18838390
Fucking hate her
Thread posts: 110
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.