[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do we know that god is not some kind of cosmic horror ready

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: 2543638648635uennutb.jpg (97KB, 1467x818px) Image search: [Google]
2543638648635uennutb.jpg
97KB, 1467x818px
how do we know that god is not some kind of cosmic horror ready to devoure all life on earth with his army of monsters?
>>
>>18815821
Because I'm an ex-Satanist converted out of despair to be a born again Chrisian.

Christ is your Hope. Christ is your strength.
>>
because it wouldve happened by now

not saying god isnt a cosmic horror, but something wanted us dead by now, wed be dead
>>
>>18815821
I'm glad you asked anon. I've been perturbed by this very question for some time now. What brought me to this quandary, I suppose one would call a "near death experience", brought on by an overdosage of opiates. I found myself paralyzed, with a sense of my soul being half dejected by my physical body. While in this state I became aware of an immense and unfathomable entity within the sun, who spoke in infra-bass timbre, an unrecognizable language that was the driving cause of existence, or some feifdom thereof. I fealt as though this terrible thing would vaporize my soul if I should draw its gaze upon me, and that due to its power it may be considered god. But how could something which every instinct and intuition in me knew to be evil, be our god? I tried to sense any another presence, hoping to find the real light, but i didn't find anything. I'm hoping it was only a sign meant to deter me from an early grave, and not a preview of a doomed reality.
>>
>>18815870
Ever heard of the crusades? Pure evil, destruction of anyone who wouldn't bow to the cross. Nothing loving about your religion.
>>
>>18815877
My religion does not worship Man.
>>
>>18815877
Lmao what?
"People did bad things in the name of an ideology therefore the ideology is evil"

Maybe. Just maybe. People are evil? Try blaming people instead of what they use, you atheist.
>>
>>18815821
>how do we know that god is not some kind of cosmic horror ready to devoure all life on earth with his army of monsters?
Why stop at Earth, and why would God need an army?

>O Lord of lords, O refuge of the worlds, please be gracious to me. I cannot keep my balance seeing thus Your blazing deathlike faces and awful teeth. In all directions I am bewildered.
>All the sons of Dhṛtarāṣṭra, along with their allied kings, and Bhīṣma, Droṇa, Karṇa – and our chief soldiers also – are rushing into Your fearful mouths. And some I see trapped with heads smashed between Your teeth.
>As the many waves of the rivers flow into the ocean, so do all these great warriors enter blazing into Your mouths.
>I see all people rushing full speed into Your mouths, as moths dash to destruction in a blazing fire.
>I see You devouring all people from all sides with Your flaming mouths. Covering all the universe with Your effulgence, You are manifest with terrible, scorching rays.
>O Lord of lords, so fierce of form, please tell me who You are. I offer my obeisances unto You; please be gracious to me. You are the primal Lord. I want to know about You, for I do not know what Your mission is.

>Time I am, the great destroyer of the worlds, and I have come here to destroy all people.
>>
File: viracocha.jpg (101KB, 960x384px) Image search: [Google]
viracocha.jpg
101KB, 960x384px
>>18815821
That's what my religion always believed.
>>
Ever hear of Saul later named Paul ? killed thousands and then converted after seeing a vision of Christ.

There are a few possibilities

1) God is always unfair sick and twisted
2) its not real and symbolizes someone turning to Go(o)d after a lifetime of murder.
3)God does not exist, because really, do only people like this get to see a "vision" and nobody else for thousands of years ?
4) God needed to do this to prevent thousands more deaths even though hundreds of thousands more have died in the name of God since then.
>>
>>18815877
But weren't the crusades a response to repel muslim hordes?
>>
now today we see people meditating, doing yoga, going to church, whatever. Practicing all sorts of things trying to get closer to God when alls that is needed is thousands of murders.
>>
>>18816069
Sorry, I don't worship 'blood for the blood-god'
>>
>>18815821
Watch Sausage party. That's the theme. The orgy is to scare people away.
>>
>>18815870
A question about satanists. Is There any end goal? Get to be tortured less? Become som demon?
>>
>>18816079
Satanism is Egotistical Psychosis in which you believe you are the source and power of all that is.
>>
File: 1480012815406.jpg (176KB, 1600x1066px) Image search: [Google]
1480012815406.jpg
176KB, 1600x1066px
>>18815821
"Once the " fruit" of the garden is ripe it is plucked from the tree and devoured."

Try your best to help others and do good works, not in the name of divine salvation but in an effort to transmute your very essence.
>>
>>18816081
Given that it's based on old "pagan" religions, I think it's just competing beliefs.

>>18816055
Let's get this clear and in the open.

Semites are arab people, they live in an area that has been populated by arab people, with inmigration from Africa, India and Europe, but in general the holy land it's abrahamic religion land.

Jesus wasn't nordic, he was of jewish ancestry, and the crusades didn't repel the muslim hordes, they invaded the holy land to take the jewish religion from arab people.
>>
Christianity is the most evil religion, even more terrible than Islam.
>>
>>18816055
Some of the later campaigns had the aim of purging various pagan beliefs from Europe.
>>
>babbies first lovecraftian novel
>>
>>18816085
>>18816103
Thank you
>>
File: baal.jpg (530KB, 1301x845px) Image search: [Google]
baal.jpg
530KB, 1301x845px
>>18816052

What makes you think Paul was a servant of God?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEN16GHuwvg
>>
>>18815821
>implying Lovecraft was woke af
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.