[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've always been interested in my dreams & what they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: world of dreams.jpg (161KB, 736x490px) Image search: [Google]
world of dreams.jpg
161KB, 736x490px
I've always been interested in my dreams & what they tell me (when they're not just overtly sexual, because that's pretty self-explanatory) & I've wondered how much contact can be made with the people of my dreams. How much truth is there in Lovecraft's ravings? How much can you interact with Dream People? Does mastery of Lucidity just mean that I can organize my thoughts personally like that Library in Dreamcatcher?

If anything, all I recall is one of the Dream People telling me something very important, which I've naturally forgotten, but implied that chalk was very important. He was standing next to a chalkboard & holding the chalk, making it VERY clear that I at least need to remember the chalk, like it was the key to remembering, the key to understanding...
>>
>>18799590
>How much can you interact with Dream People?
To a point in which you realize they're all you. Then it becomes awkward. People sometimes start to get lucid there and snap out of dreams.

>Does mastery of Lucidity just mean that I can organize my thoughts personally like that Library in Dreamcatcher?

In my opinion and through my experiences, there's no limits, but no limits become boring real quick.

You can do anything in your dreams.

>implied that chalk was very important. He was standing next to a chalkboard & holding the chalk, making it VERY clear that I at least need to remember the chalk, like it was the key to remembering, the key to understanding...

You have to take everything with a grain of salt.

However, there is a dream type state in where you can see future events, but its always coded, I can give you examples if you like.
>>
>>18799628
There isn't the idea of a complete lack of mental limits implicating towards the idea that it could create something independent? If there are no limits, why are there?

I can understand that the chalk is clearly symbolic, totemic or key to some kind of understanding, but I've never been able to lucid enough to actually ask for answers. Does this mean there is no outer Dream World or is it just a place within the self?
>>
>>18799643
>If there are no limits, why are there?

In my opinion and through my experiences, I have found that the reason for limits in different states of consciousness/dreams and waking life are simply to keep you from seeing that everything is the same thing playing that its not.

That's not to say that different levels of consciousness and states of mind don't have duality, its just saying that the duality isn't really there.

>I can understand that the chalk is clearly symbolic, totemic or key to some kind of understanding, but I've never been able to lucid enough to actually ask for answers. Does this mean there is no outer Dream World or is it just a place within the self?

Reading in dreams is very common for me so is having conversations with other "entities", for me it always ends with a realization that they are me, and I am them.

Now you can pretend something means something, or perhaps it does! But to what degree. Perhaps I'm not the person to be responding because I will always give you the bottom line.

I'm not one to pretend. In saying that don't take everything I say as gospel. My experiences may be different to your's, I don't know
>>
>>18799590
Maybe the question you should be asking is, what does chalk mean to you? Meditate on it a while and you might remember or realize something you thought was valuable enough to have to teach it to yourself.
>>
Similarly, are there downsides to the so-called "Uberman Schedule" that requires only half-hour naps every six hours? Is this dangerous? How much does separating myself from the world of the unconscious threaten myself in other than physical senses?
>>
>>18799680
A good idea...but the strange part is the inherent lack of meaning that chalk holds to me. I must think on this further to see if gleaning anything from this is possible or not...
>>
>>18799628
>you can do anything in your dreams

Yeah less than one time every four years, even if you're lucid every night of the year like me, the idea that you have any more than 1% control of actions or situations is completely untrue or I would be flying or smoking weed in my dreams every night.

I just don't see any control where you say it exists and I have been lucid for 5 and a half thousand days minus 3 incidents of blackout drunkenness.
>>
>>18799699
Its very hard when discussing this anon, because I don't know exactly what you have experienced, nor do you know what I have.

My experience with lucidity isn't and hasn't always been a positive one, I have had full control of my actions thoughts and been totally consciously aware in dreams, time doesn't seem to pass and its rather traumatizing.

I liken it to some sort of psychedelic trip where you're stuck.
>>
>>18799681
In my experience you need a hour sleep for every hour that you're awake. Watch get 3 hours of sleep and you will be good for 3 hours, 8 and good for 8, 12 and good for 12. Thats why caffeine is legal. I don't drink caffeine and am 100% positive at least in my physiology that this is correct.
>>
>>18799726
Perhaps these are limits you're subconsciously applying to yourself to protect yourself form falling too deep? You seem to be a bit averse to doing this in general? That's just the way it sounds to me.
>>
>>18799748
>Perhaps these are limits you're subconsciously applying to yourself to protect yourself form falling too deep?

Perhaps. I did get to a point where I didn't want to delve into these things anymore. However, I can't stop myself from dreaming.

I just prefer, dreams, vivid dreams, then I can wake up and say "that was a cool dream" Rather than "this is a dream".

>You seem to be a bit averse to doing this in general?

Yeh maybe to much Dmt. It basically told me to stop with the questioning and just live my life.
>>
>>18799748
But I do feel as though I pushed the envelope with my dreams and altered states far enough. It gets a little uncomfortable when you start to feel the weight of the Universe and infinity on your shoulders.

In saying that, I don't think there's anything to worry about, its just we have to pretend to worry to some degree. Otherwise, nothing would get done.
>>
File: feels7.gif (2MB, 1280x850px) Image search: [Google]
feels7.gif
2MB, 1280x850px
>>18799760
I don't know why people let DMT scare them away. Happened to Jerry Garcia. He said he did DMT so much they basically kicked him out; made him afraid of DMT land. If I had a connect for DMT I would never stop doing it and asking questions.

>tfw never DMT.
>>
>>18799781
Tried it once, but all I did was get REALLY high & apparently talk too much, which "ruined" the experience for me.

But the long & short is: How can I accomplish in the outer world during my unfortunately necessary human recovery periods?
>>
>>18799781
Look there is a number of factors. And maybe scared is the wrong word.

The biggest contributing factor is I have a daughter now. And Dmt has this ability to make you see "reality" from a different perspective. One in which you don't care about the outcome of what happens in your daily life.

It really does conquer the fear of death. That's gone now for me, but it implants (perhaps) or makes you remember other truths.

I was doing Dmt for years in a controlled environment with very close friends and family, the best experiences I have had are on Dmt.

Its just a little strange when someone like my Mum will ask "isn't having a child the most life changing expedience" I have to lie and say yes. Not just that, it can be applied to many other things.

It seems to teach you, or make you remember this underlying basis, that nothing really matters. Not as if lets go burn it all down, but in the chill way.

Like if I was with a family memeber that was dying I'm not going to be crying, I will tell him its ok, AND i believe subconsciously he/she would know they were ok.

There is no way not to be ok.

Its a weird feeling anon ...
>>
>>18799801
If you had enough, no amount of laughter would make a difference, you forget you have a body, and then when you come back to it, it seems alien.
>>
>>18799781
You would stop asking at a point trust me. I know its hard to think you would but I thought like you as well.

I invested years in it, I became master at extraction. It just gets to much, you can't relate to people in a normal fashion.

You can see they're aspects of the same thing.
>>
>>18799814
I doubt I'll be able to extract that much. It sounds like too much work for the case & dangerous at that, considering the stuff to extract it the only time I took it was lighter fluid (Probably not safe.)

Is "pure" DMT relatable or the same as the ditora or the Ayehuasca?
>>
>>18799828
I know that feel minus the DMT. Shit sometimes when in high levels of meditation it short circuits people around me and they go crazy. lulz

Does DMT take you to the astral realm? Is it dreaming? Is it some kind of transcendent realm outside all others?
>>
>>18799848
>Is "pure" DMT relatable or the same as the ditora or the Ayehuasca?

Can you rephrase this.
>>
>>18799855
Sorry I mean the Datura (Scopolamine) or Ayahausca. Are these two psychs similar to the affect of DMT? Are they as "eye-opening" or spiritually relevant? I've heard bad things about both, but the same could be said about DMT, these things are commonly spoken ill of by the unknowing.
>>
>>18799851
>I know that feel minus the DMT. Shit sometimes when in high levels of meditation it short circuits people around me and they go crazy. lulz

I think I know what you're getting at, and yes the same thing happens uf you do Dmt around people, it feels as though, what you are perceiving is affecting their actions.

Its very hard to word, the people around you start to feel like a reaction to you and your thoughts.

>Does DMT take you to the astral realm?

One of the main things Dmt has shown me is not to get caught in language "astral realm" "simulation" these are words, and they can't express the state(s)

By astral realm I will assume you mean does it take you to a place where you seem to have existed the physical body, yes, indeed it does this. But some people make a mistake here.

Its not showing you that you're existing the body, its showing you that the body doesn't exist in some way.

The places you seem to be in while in the state are very comfortable places that are very familiar, more familiar than anything you have ever felt.

I like that feeling.

>Is it some kind of transcendent realm outside all others?

I can conclude in my findings that this reality is a direct result of the Dmt realm, beyond a shadow of a doubt, after that, im not sure.
>>
>>18799881
>this reality is a direct result of the Dmt realm
Can you elaborate on that? I'm very interested.
>>
>>18799865
>Sorry I mean the Datura (Scopolamine) or Ayahausca. Are these two psychs similar to the affect of DMT? Are they as "eye-opening" or spiritually relevant? I've heard bad things about both, but the same could be said about DMT, these things are commonly spoken ill of by the unknowing.

Oh, I can't comment on Datura because I have never done it.

Ayahusaca, sure. Its very different. Aya is much more gentle with how it comes around, however it can still make for some pretty horrific experience, if you haven't conquered the fear of death. It stresses the death thing, for me it did anyway.

It kind of said to me, if you still believe you can die, we can't show you anything else until you let go of that.

DMT just shatters whatever makes you, you. So instead of saying hey look at this its not real. It just removes it instantly, you feel naked for a second.

Entities for me in aya experiences have been usually loving- caring, Dmt they're more to the point, its like this and that's the way it is kind of thing.

In saying that I have had my most memorable entities while in on Smoked Dmt,
>>
>>18799881
>this reality is a direct result of the Dmt realm

oh shit!
>>
>>18799887
>Can you elaborate on that? I'm very interested.

This, all of it, is a result of something that is happening there.

I will give one specific experience.

I go into the state, I am greeted, not in a way in which I am an alien to the entities, but one in where I am one of them in the most literal sense.

I distinctly remember the emotion/communication of them being like " how good is this" I had the feeling at the time that me and another entity where doing something that resulted in this reality, and the other entities where sitting there kind of watching and laughing about it. Not in a human way of laughing, like a child playing with an object it had never seen, something like that.

Everything there was just pure energy and light, there was no concept of death, only a concept of something I can't quite remember perhaps.
>>
Is it possible though to affect the waking world through the world of Dreams in a way that isn't just an expression through the self? Or at least without bleeding one into the other? Is the top ability to become the metaphorical "Caiaphus," the one who dreams the greatest, but doesn't wake?
>>
>>18799865
I've had datura about 5 times.

It is a waking nightmare and I'm sure it is nothing like DMT. You will hallucinate but not in any profound way.
You will also feel fucking horrible.
Stay far away from it. It's not spiritual, it just turns you into a confused ragdoll walking around your neighborhood smoking imaginary cigarettes.
It's exactly the same as Dramamine but you black out in addition to the uncomfortable feeling and limb jerking.
Take like 3 or 4 dramamine and there you go, you know how horrifying datura is.
>>
>>18799913
Interesting. I'm about to try Ayahuasca for the first time soon. Chacruna + Caapi. I'll be in a safe setting around trusted people. I'm not sure if I've conquered the fear of death yet but will it be a really big deal if I haven't? I feel like I've been called to Mother Ayahuasca. So is there really anything to be very afraid of, once I've "crossed the threshold" so to speak?
>>
>>18799910
I think I should add, other than experiencing it, I don't think anyone will ever come to understand it.

They're never pin this reality down, if they try it will just complicate itself further. It evades detection.

That's why I find Dmt so mind blowing, it gives you a time out and shows you first hand, but you know damn well you can never Truly explain it.

People do good Jobs, and Science is wonderful, but they won't ever find the end. Not while in a human state of mind
>>
>>18799920
I've heard datura can turn you into a semi-literal zombie & that the original Haiti zombi was a combination of brain damage & datura used to control people...but is it really THAT dangerous?
>>
>>18799925
Anon, I don't want to say to much, because I don't want to create fear.

All I can say is try to remember to tell yourself everything is ok, because there will be no outside source that will be able to do this for you.

Or you can take the hard road, and have your anxieties stressed to a point where you just give up, finding that you never had anything to worry about.

Nothing anyone says will help you with these states of consciousness but. Just like you face death alone, you face that alone.

All I can say really is enjoy it as much as you can
>>
File: Katt Williams.jpg (23KB, 552x414px) Image search: [Google]
Katt Williams.jpg
23KB, 552x414px
>>18799920
>tfw my religion says the physical embodiment of our god is Datura.
>>
>>18799925
Also I don't think you will get those really deep breakthrough experiences unless you let go of yourself.

When you let go of yourself, you will remember see and be shows some pretty cool things.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.