[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Lucifer/The Devil/Satan Truly Evil? Do Religious Texts Give

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 13

Abrahamic religions teach that he's God's adversary, an evil, age old entity at the cusp of godhood that delights himself on the pain, suffering and corruption of humanity. Adherents to Christianity, Islam, Judaism etcetera are left to assume that he's either evil just for the fuck of it or that he does what he does out of spite for God due to jealousy, but wouldn't an almost all knowing and all powerful entity be above such pettiness? I doubt that anyone or anything with the power to do almost anything would take pleasure from hurting people or their souls for all eternity. A lot of people used to fuck with ants by roasting them with magnifying glasses or by trampling over their hills as children, but eventually everyone grows out of that immature phase so why wouldn't Lucifer? Furthermore why would Satan even take pleasure in being a cunt to begin with if he's so much more powerful and intelligent than mere mortals? His characterization in religious scripture seems very unbefitting for a deity of his stature.

What I'm trying to ask is if The Devil gets a fair rep in The Bible, Qur'an, Torah etcetera. After all humanity has only heard "God's side of the story" if that makes sense. Could it be that he had at least a halfway decent reason for leading his rebellion against God or for doing the things that he does? Is he akin to the leader of a cosmic terrorist organization that does terrible things for what it deems a noble cause?

What do you guys think?
>>
>>18799175
In Jewish Texts he's more of a gadfly than pure evil. He also strangely gives advice that leads towards the path of Righteousness. He became an evil boogeman later.
>>
File: Manly_Hall.jpg (36KB, 585x466px) Image search: [Google]
Manly_Hall.jpg
36KB, 585x466px
He's pretty darn evil
>>
>>18799193
Can you cite any verses of The Old Testament in which he's mentioned, please?
>>
>>18799209
What's "the dynamo of living power" and why would knowing/using it make someone a bad person?
>>
>>18799220
idk it's just what manly said.
>>
>>18799211
He's in Job as a Gadfly specifically, he's subservant to god all things being said. He's really not mentioned much in OT but appears more in NT and more ancient Hebrew texts.
>>
>>18799244
Thanks. I just find it hard to believe that if Lucifer/Satan/The Devil were real and were God's adversary that he'd do evil deeds without any rhyme or reason. Again, I doubt that beings on the cusp of godhood are that petty.
>>
>>18799288
The devil is God in a red suit.

Without first falling how can one rise?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlWgF8dqneg
>>
>>18799175
I think believing Western religion is fucking retarded. Eastern religions are actually legit.
>>
>>18799313
But how can one still be the most high if one has fallen?
>>
>>18799340
western has best occult though
would you agree?
>>
I know the truth about God and Satan. God lied about Satan. Satan was a pure hearted god and God was an evil, jealous, vengeful god. God stole the title of "God" away from Satan. Satan is creator of the universe.
>>
>>18799362
really makes you think
>>
>>18799340
Yeah, especially Buddhism and Hinduism. The "hands off" approach to living one's life as long as one does good seems pretty reasonable. Being forbidden from eating shellfish in other religions seems pretty nonsensical. Besides, meditation can achieve nothing short of miracles as seen by gurus who can live for 80+ years without ever eating.
>>
>>18799362
How can you know that for certain though? Which ancient religious scriptures have you read?
>>
>>18799288
No problem.
Also apparently he was jealous that god gave humans several characteristic aspects of godliness (on a macrocosmic scale) and one being the ability to create life. Angels have no genitalia so they cannot create life. He also lacked freewill (something he is jealous humans have that god gifted to us) and has to be subservant to god even while reigning in hell. Truth be told religion needs duality, so there you have it. Good not versus evil, but in a dance together. The balance is established and base of consciousness formed.

This is not taking into factor that he is simply a demonization of various pagan gods placed in Judeo-Christianity.

The Snake in genesis was an older deity and the occult and gnostics have more to say about that, but I'm not opening that one up.
>>
Satan was just a child when the Bible went down. She, Satan, said some things that lead God to believe she was evil. All Satan wanted was true love, and was willing to destroy the universe to find it. One day, Satan grew up and realized the faults in the things she said in the past. Satan isn't evil.
>>
>>18799351
thats not saying much. occult exists because fucktoy aristocracy and scum-of-the-earth plebs hide it instead of teaching it.
>>
>>18799395
I know because I used to be that little girl.
>>
>>18799317
Yeah, she makes a very good argument.
>>
>>18799317

>>18799395

>>18799391
>he
>Ezekiel 28:12-13 describe how beautiful Satan was
>>
>>18799404
>>18799395
stfu hanz
>>
>>18799405
from experience
>>
>>18799362
Nope Yaweh is a jealous lesser god who created mankind and the devil to trap us in this prison planet. Only by becoming enlightened can our souls join the Godhead. Truth be told Jesus and Buddha were right.
>>
>>18799391
I'd be pretty pissed off too had I been created without free will or the ability to have sex. Now that I think about it Lucifer seems like a stand-up guy!
>>
>>18799411
He being gender neutral. Angels have no gender dude.
>>
Everyone gives God credit for things he didn't do. God was a scam artist.
>>
>>18799395
How do you know that Satan is necessarily female though? Hell, who even knows if "he" is male? Angels/demons to me seem too powerful to be limited to one biological sex.
>>
>>18799429
>angels are real
>>
Lucifer's sin is pride, which means his ego is out of control. He want's to be God. He doesn't rebel because he believes in freedom, he rebels because he wants to be god and have everything serve him.

"oh Lucifer, you were perfect in all the ways, until inequity was found in you".

Lucifer is also credited as the father of all lies, and was given the world to rule over until the judgment.

Gnostics say that the demiurge, a giant snake, created a fake world to imprison us and separate us from the real God.

His soul is as evil and ugly as his outer appearance is beautiful.

The masons worship him as "Light" but he is told to be the "false light" in the bible.
He's trying to copy god but he can't change the fact that he is pure evil so everything is an imitation made by his power of deception.
>>
>>18799439
Because I'm Satan.
>>
>>18799419
"Lucifer did nothing wrong!"
>>
>>18799449
O shit waddup
>>
File: snakeeye.jpg (12KB, 250x167px) Image search: [Google]
snakeeye.jpg
12KB, 250x167px
>>18799448
Everyone who thinks of themselves as gods are aspires to exalt their thrones above the heavens are the ones who sell their everything for petty gifts of power.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGFVySHbeqA
>>
>>18799453
Lucifer is literally Hitler. You've saved me /pol/!
>>
>>18799448
Don't Gnostics teach that Yahweh is "fake" and that the real God to us is unknown? Also, I know what mainstream Abrahamic religions teach about Lucifer. What I wonder is whether or not their holy scriptures give him a fair rep because they seem pretty one sided on the issue.
>>
satan is a fool, he already lost the fight. Follow him, and you fail too, just like he already has.

#satanisafailure
>>
>>18799175
Not reading your long ass nonsense, as the first sentence wasn't even correct. Satan is in no manner God's adversary. He is OUR adversary. He chose to set himself in the place of the most high to be worshipped as god. He is evil. The end
>>
File: 1490059588760.jpg (46KB, 374x557px) Image search: [Google]
1490059588760.jpg
46KB, 374x557px
>>18799371
eating shellfish is not non nonsensical you fuck

shellfish are bottom feeders who live on dead stuff on the sea floor

the shellfish in grocery stores are farm raised with minimal contamination
>>
>>18799465
Gas all angels, holy war now! 14/14
>>
>>18799488
I never claim to support him/her/it and neither did I even claim to believe that anything from Abrahamic religions is true. I'm simply open to new ideas.
>>
>>18799510
What the fuck is that creepy shit in that picture you posted? By the way, shellfish aren't necessarily poisonous if consumed and neither are pigs. Plenty of cultures consume and have consumed them for thousands of years and are still alive today. An all knowing being wouldn't outright forbid people from eating them.
>>
>>18799503
You have literally as little proof to support your beliefs as I do to support mine. The difference between me and you is that I don't claim to know shit and thus am open to new ideas.
>>
>>18799463
You have great taste in music.
>>
File: IMG_2792.jpg (40KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2792.jpg
40KB, 400x400px
>>18799175
One things for sure, no being is as evil as God. Think about it. He speaks of everything having been written before hand, warns Adam and Eve about eating from the tree of knowledge despite already knowing they're going to eat from it, and yet he still punishes them...why? Because God's a sadist, obviously.
>>
I thought that Satan was the wise Melek Taus, the Peacock Angel, who was rewarded for sticking up for himself by God!
>>
but wouldn't eating the apple and disobeying gods words be a test of free will?
>>
>>18799602
He also seems pretty angry and vengeful in The Old Testament and even killed a man's whole family and financially ruined him just to prove a point to Lucifer about his loyalty.
>>
>>18799620
Where did you read that?
>>
can I get a run down of the whole satan saga? From the war in heaven to the day?
>>
The most evil and vile of all creatures is God and Jesus Christ from the Holy Bible, by their own definition of good and evil, they are still pure evil.
>>
yes, he is evil.
>>
>>18800604
>builds home
>God mad
>go take take of home!
>>
Please note I've read no religious scriptures, my parents raised me atheist, and the holy bible was boring to read thanks to my ADHD, but I always thought that god and satan ate the same being, kind of like Dr jekel and Mr hyde. Reading about Jung's shadow really got me thinking like this.
>>
File: sTrFX1n-1.jpg (29KB, 494x451px) Image search: [Google]
sTrFX1n-1.jpg
29KB, 494x451px
dwindlinginunbelief.blogspot.de/2010/04/drunk-with-blood-gods-killings-in-bible.html?m=1

According to this, God has killed (estimated) 24.994.828 humans in the bible. Satan killed 60. Gods dont think like we do; they don't necessarily feel guilt or love or any other feeling that is known to us. Satan gave humanity the ability to think free, have fun, have lust, to endure the painful existance on this planet. I haven't read the bible but i've been hearing some shit from people.
>>
>>18800778
Well fuck, link isnt working.

www.dwindlinginunbelief.blogspot.de/2010/04/drunk-with-blood-gods-killings-in-bible.html
>>
>>18799175
yes, he tempted the weakest of humans to deceive all mankind and will burn in hell forever. amen
>>
>>18800782
Look around you and realize where you actually are.
>>
>>18800781
Maybe it's not working because you're a fucking heratic and deserve to be hanged.
>>
>All of this edgy satan did nothing wrong shit
Only on /x/
>>
>>18799488
Bit of a hollow victory for God, don't you think?
>>
Satan is good. Satan is our pal.
>>
>>18799175
Hi its me The Phoenix i also go by midsummer and many other nick names. Ok heres what the fuck happend, I loved god to death and when that fucking statue of adam was made to be the source of all of gods love i got pissed like a son whos father abandoned the actual blood related son and traded for some fake fuck. Little did i know this was all part of gods plan, he knew i would go evil and take heaven down with me and in order to save me he trapped me in the body of adam and forced me to live in all the rings of heaven and hell being that god is the most forgiving/severe in punishment. He knew i would lose but he wanted to save all the good parts of me and punish all the bad parts. We are now all shards of the original soul(lucifer) who was condemed to live as adam in order to destroy it or become one with it. that is your test among others here set by god. Now do i want you to destroy yourselves, no. Do i want to punish all the bad parts of myself, yes. Am i going to snitch on everyone on the last day of judgement inorder to go to heaven, you bet your sweat peach shaped ass i will do be doing that. Btw I'm very lazy and i let the other demons like bael/ asmodeus do my dirty work, a king only rules but does no such hard labor, thats what subjects are for.
>>
>>18799503
>being this wrong
>>
>>18801245

That feel when literally everyone on this board that claims to be ET or connected to the supernatural are borderline illiterate. Really makes ya wonder.
>>
>>18799288
Well, first of all, throw out any notion that gods aren't petty. YHVH is plenty petty, as is every other deity in every other religion.

Second, lucifer is not satan. Lucifer is an angel mentioned once and is the bringer of dawn in a vision.

According to jewish tradition Satan is merely a word for adversary and is not a proper name given to a singular entity. When referring to an angel it refers to the angels tasked with testing humanity (as in Job)
>>
>>18801478
Fuck your kike tradition of raping other people's stories. The kikes tell only half of the story and fucker it all up. Look up Malek Taus or the motherfucking pheonix, or the Cathar Lucibel, they are all the same, and far more genuine tales than the bastardized political religion of jude.
>>
>>18801507
Except Palestine has a number of active terrorist organisations, in the middle of Terrorist Land. You'd want protection as well, lad.

Jews are bad and all, but Mexicans aren't all cartel druglords. Though I do hope they start wars against the fence security forces when the CIA demand bigger cuts or cheaper price per slab.
>>
>>18799236
He also wasn't a Mason when he wrote that book.
>>
>>18799397
You can learn all about it yourself. Almost everything you could possibly need to know is online. If you're too much of a slather-ass to self-initiate, that sounds like a personal problem.
>>
>>18801478
I knew God in the old universe. He called me Satan. My God name is Aurora, which means bringer of the dawn. It's pretty interesting that Lucifer also means bringer of dawn. That's me. Aurora.
>>
>>18801542
I was just a 5 year old girl when the Bible was written. I said if I can't find true love, then I want to destroy the universe. God said I was evil. He promised I would find true love if I gave up my powers and went to Earth. He said I would find my soulmate. I believed him and trusted him. He tricked me. My soulmate was a boy I met in my past life. He ended up being Jesus, reincarnated. God's son. They both fooled me so they could gain control of the universe. One day, I'll get my powers back and the world will know the truth.
>>
>>18799175
>Be God
>THE GOD, by capital G, the most powerful being, uncaused cause, first mover et cetera.
>Create Angels so that you can show them how you love yourself (you are triune after all) and that you can exppres your love towards them
>Create angels in hierarchy as it's the most logical way to do it
>They are all finite tho, you cannot create inifinte, it's illogical and simple impossible.
>One of the highest Angals, Lucifer, the Morining Star, is the most smart being that there is besides you
>He is total badass, mastepice of spirtual world, was made to be your second in comand, walks in heavenly Eden etc
>He knows it
>He likes it
>He falls in pride
>He thinks that he can be better than God
>He thinks that he actually IS better than than God
>As a God you are this little voice in his head that tells him that it's illogical and evil to rebel against Love, Goodness and Life itself
>Fuck off dad, I am smartestest
>He freely choose to rebel without any external cause, he is spiritual after all, so his choice is 100% his
>He as the master of mind games gather 1/3 of Heaven with him against God
>Insert Michael
>He choose to obey love and reason
>"Who is like God?"
>War in heaven begins
>Fag team loses
>God says "You were with all of Me and you knew Me and you had Knowlage, Reason and Wisdom. And you choose you don't want to be with Me. Thy will be done. Begone from me (I won't btfo you right now because I can use it like a stupid tool you are. But I will eventually)"
>Ol' Lucy is butthurt to this day and still thinks that he is greater than God.

He is as evil as you can be for a simple fact of being in maximal possible state of being in separtion from Goodness itself.
>>
>>18801824
>He freely choose to rebel without any external cause, he is spiritual after all, so his choice is 100% his

but this is false, angels dont have free will
>>
You obviously don't know what it's like to be number 2.
>>
>>18801873
They do have free will. But you must know that it does not work in way that our does. Angels are first of all spiritual. They are free from all temptation and external causes. You can persuade them but you cannot force them do anything. Their choices are 100% theirs.
Second thing to consider is that they are not under Time as humans are. If they choose to do something they choose once. They cannot change thier mind. Thus chocie of Satan was cannot be undone. The same thing goes to Michael and co. They choose to obey God with all of thier soul and they won't change it. That's why you my think that they have no free will but it's only because you have somewhat of wronged view on situation

>>18801876
He was number 1 among creation.
>>
File: 1473175883052.gif (399KB, 212x212px) Image search: [Google]
1473175883052.gif
399KB, 212x212px
>>18801525
>implying
>>
>>18801898
>they are outside of time so they can only choose once
>that's why satan is only bad
except before his rebellion?

at least try to make sense
>>
>>18799175
Yes. Every priest, white wizard and grey wizards will tell you. He Is as evil as they come. The original left hand of God.
>>
Satan: one who disagrees
The devil: modern invention b/c dumbass Christians can't keep up with all the angels
Lucifer: the brightest one, the light bringer
Was infuriated with good creating us with free will and then demanding we not use it, gave us knowledge and the ability to learn, essentially utilise our free will
He is the prometheus of the Christian world bringing us something we needed and angering the all father in doing so, he is not to be praised but respected for giving us the freedom we use to enslave ourselves, only when we understand what we have can we free ourselves from what we've put ourselves in.
Bearing in mind that good/evil are subjective terms we use in our morality which is a flexible set of rules we use to justify our actions, Lucifer and your concept of God are neither good or evil but just are, you can take them & their teachings to help yourself become more enlightened or ignore them and stay in the dark.
Question your masters for their reasons for controlling you are not what they will tell you.
>>
To believe in evil is to create evil.

There is no clear good or evil, if there's darkness within you there will be darkness outside of you.

Either way, both that wich you call light and dark are both just light, you can always choose to see it or not.

Is it good to put light within a shell and call it darkness so you can worship the light wich you hold compared to theirs?

I don't think the creator would say that it is either good or bad. The creator just sees pure light within everything.
>>
>>18802127
Satan is evil because he rejected fullines of Good, Love and Life itself while having the most full relationship with it that he could possibly achieve. He done it freely. He choose and now he "enjoy" consequences.
And they are not outside of Time per se, there is "time", if one can name it that, in Heaven. But time from this realm and their time is different.
>>
File: muh-holocaust1.png (812KB, 1290x881px) Image search: [Google]
muh-holocaust1.png
812KB, 1290x881px
>>18799514
it's like another shoah!
>>
>>18799175
He can be seen as the representation of free will...
The thing that gives choosing "good" meaning, because it becomes a choice...
>http://www.illuminati-news.com/00363.html
Conspiracy theory but cool conversation. Includes links to law of one/ra material which is also very cool, about how all is One, and has a very interesting view of "polarity" (basically good and evil), and how even that is illusory (if all is one, serving the self is also serving the creator, but is a 'lie' since it's ignoring the other portions of the creator... <= kinda bad summary).
>Lawofone.info
>>
File: 1464553115014.jpg (29KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1464553115014.jpg
29KB, 512x384px
Even within the context of christianity lucifer cannot be completely evil because god made him and god loves all of his creations so that must mean that god loves him and probably feels infinite sorrow and pain on his behalf.

Kinda takes some of the steam out of the whole light/dark thing.
>>
>>18799620
oh boy somebody noticed me. <3
>>18801245
>Phoenix
It's nice to see that I'm here even when I'm busy off doing other things.
>>
>>18799175
how many times do we have to go over this. the dispute between lucifer and god was about a fucking chair. it represented authority. all of reality was made to keep god from getting bored. humans were made for his amusement it says it in the bible

lucifer just wanted a turn on the "video game" and god flipped out. he said " no its mine. everything is mine. GTFO nigger"

needless to say every one who over heard the exchange thought it was a joke i mean whats the big deal right? wrong. fucking dead serious. the problem is nobody knew what happened if you entered the game or what happens when god gets bored of it. the concept of death was alien. 1 guy got banished for laughing at the exchange before the fight. which was odd since he didnt ask for a turn and wasnt eaves dropping god spoke at full volume which you can hear for miles (voice like booming thunder) every one was like wtf

not the first time god flipped out either. he went on this tear where he was saying every one was trying to "trick" him and he just banished people he said were trying to trick him before this

so needless to say nobody wanted to potentially be erased. inside the game they dont seem the same and watching them wither was sickening. so a fight was going to happen with or without the chair incident
>>
File: richmanlaz2.png (1MB, 1628x858px) Image search: [Google]
richmanlaz2.png
1MB, 1628x858px
>>18799175
>I doubt that anyone or anything with the power to do almost anything would take pleasure from hurting people or their souls for all eternity.

LMFAO...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G35Qu7H92_U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvKIWjnEPNY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZVY-pGDsN4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRnSnfiUI54
>>
>>18799175
This is the Devils riddle. Old as dust.

Convince you that there is a reason to doubt what you know. So that you won't see it coming.

You can answer your own question depending on your beliefs.
>>
>>18799175
Lucifer is responsible for the original sin the first of all God's creations to commit a sin. His sin was pride the worst sin in God's eyes because pride is the sin that most other sins stem from. Lucifer's pride led him to belive that he was smart enough and powerful enough to ascend God and take God's throne and be everything that God is only better.
>>
File: moses3.png (1MB, 1360x618px) Image search: [Google]
moses3.png
1MB, 1360x618px
>>18803276
>Lucifer is responsible for the original sin the first of all God's creations to commit a sin. His sin was pride the worst sin in God's eyes because pride is the sin that most other sins stem from. Lucifer's pride led him to belive that he was smart enough and powerful enough to ascend God and take God's throne and be everything that God is only better.

Maybe people will wise up and figure it out someday...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEN16GHuwvg
>>
File: 1462739756837.jpg (166KB, 572x760px) Image search: [Google]
1462739756837.jpg
166KB, 572x760px
>>18799448
Worship of these "higher" deities have led to embracing slavery, lies, and deceit on a grand scale, and yet people still sit here and defend them.
Thread posts: 94
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.