[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, anybody ever tried the strange-face-in-the-mirror effect

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

So, anybody ever tried the strange-face-in-the-mirror effect? According to scientific research, if you stare into your own reflection for about ten minutes with dim lights your visual perception is altered. I've heard it has been used to delusionally "summon" spirits. So I'm thinking about trying but I get bored really fast so I would like to know if it's worth it or not.
https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/illusory-scenes-fade-in-out-view/
>>
I mean I don't know anything about summoning spirits with it but the effect was definitely real for me, I don't even have to dim the lights and it doesn't take 10 minutes, simply staring at yourself in the mirror (into your own eyes helps me) and your face begins to look like it is shifting and after a while I can't recognise myself... really freaks me out and I usually stop before long
>>
>>18798502
I did this the first time as a kid without diming the light or trying to get any kind of results . Freaked me the fuck out I thought I was turning into a werewolf after that I done it quite often the effect quits if you look away even for a second. I still have fun with it as an adult.
>>
>>18798502
I've always heard of this phenomenon. The only reason I haven't done it is because I don't feel like staring into a mirror for several moments. Experienced, how long does it take
>>
>>18798981
A minute or less for me but you must stare deeply into your eyes not focusing on anything else or looking away.
>>
>>18798502
I can tell you one thing, I ALWAYS avoid looking at mirrors on psychedelics. It tends to lead to existential crises.
>>
>>18799036
On psychedelics, looking into a mirror will just confuse you. As you become more invested in your raw spirit and self, your physical shell becomes irrelevant and diminishing
>>
>>18799036
I can relate to that!
>>
Thanks for the input! I'm going to try it myself, let's see if anything happens or I just feel like a dumbass lol
>>
>>18799136
Same here, sounds pretty interesting desu
>>
I've just tried it. With light, face morphing starts very soon, kinda trippy! With dim light it takes some time but I've seen my own eyes much bigger and my face with a rotten-like appearance, nothing huge but worth seeing! Also I've started to get scared for no reason, it's unsettling
>>
>>18798502

Yeah I've done it to myself unwittingly. I've also had it happen with other people, I mean staring at their face so long it starts morphing into a goopity abstraction.

It took a lot longer than 10 minutes though. Probably works faster if you are already tired.
>>
>>18798502
Use to do it at my friends house in middle school. We thought the mirror was possessed. Doesn't even take 10min. My face would always turn into the devil.
>>
Mirrors can be used for crystalmancy.
What you are seeing is a demon manifesting.
Watch Snow White.
>>
>>18799280
Yeah, I think being sleepy plays some role here haha
>>
I find staring at one spot and forcing my eyes to focus at a certain level helps induce the "Caputo effect" on demand.
Works on mirrors/monitors and irl.

My first few experiences with it were rather strange but I've been working on the "focus" to a point of being able to naturally "lighten" and "darken" the images my eyes see.

While I don't belive there is anything Paranormal at work, the eye focus part is definitely something worth taking note of/trying.
>>
>>18799030
This. This. This. This.
It never speaks it watches.
You can ask questions, and it's face will show you the answers.

I like to use a second day mirrior and hold it at my chest and then meet the gaze through the reflections reflection.

Totally harmless, or has been so far.
>>
File: 1485909892699-pol.jpg (204KB, 660x751px) Image search: [Google]
1485909892699-pol.jpg
204KB, 660x751px
>>18799036
+1
It's like your soul is free and it's too fucking wierd remembering you are in this limiting body.
>>
>>18798502

Pareidolia is the psychoanalytic term.

There is a neurological effect where you can trick your neurons into viewing a face.

If you have some belief in a collective unconsciousness, then you can invoke some ephemera from that plane.

This board can contribute to the discussion by listing how certain types of mirror can be used for certain summoning rituals.
>>
>>18798502
If I think about it I can start seeing visual effects instantly all you have to do is slightly unfocus your eyes that's the trick, slightly unfocus your eyes and use your imagination.
>>
>dont like looking at my face more that a few seconds when i use the toilet at night
my face starts morphing pretty fast. don't like it one bit.
>>
>>18800149
>>18800160
That's what I mean. It's too easy to get it going. The first time it happened was in grade 2 and some kid showed me it in a mirror and tried to scare me. When I started noticing something he seemed to as well. I wanted to stay but they took off.
>>
Stare behind your reflection and slowly start to frown. Mindfuck level over 9000 if you do it right

It's like your brain processes an insane threat level
>>
>>18799036
I enjoyed looking into mirrors when I was into psychadelics. My face would shift into other peoples faces very fast and I felt intense love for every face I saw and a connectedness to other people.
One time i accidently "summoned" a green colored thing (sometimes took the shape of an elf). It came running from behind me in the mirror and when it got close to me I looked behind me and it kind of got stuck in my vision for like 2-3 weeks. Sometimes it was just a green colored blob in the right edge of my vision but sometimes it had a more vivid form and moved around.
>>
>>18800936
By "behind" do you mean to look at the background off to the side of your reflection, or do you mean to picture "looking through" your reflection?
>>
Has anyone stared at the reflection for a long time to see what happens? After about a minute I shit myself and stop.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.