[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok, so a close friend of mine called me tonight in crisis telling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

File: wrjs4pb.jpg (32KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
wrjs4pb.jpg
32KB, 600x600px
Ok, so a close friend of mine called me tonight in crisis telling me theres no point of living. Telling me hes not sleeping, severe anxiety, insane nightmares.
Hes good looking, makes money, fit, smart and all around very happy person.
I know about a year ago he started getting into metaphysics and meditation, telling me about how the "3rd eye" is real ect ect. I suspect somehow his meditation is causing his mental crisis.

My question is, can meditation, 3rd eye whatever cause this mental crisis? If so, any advice to help solve it? Im legit concerned and cant go on fuckbook/plebbit.

Tldr: I think my friend may have been inadvertently worshipping the devil and is now possessed.
>>
>>18795212
>My question is, can meditation, 3rd eye whatever cause this mental crisis?

Nope

/thread
>>
>>18795212
Maybe he's having a dark night of the soul?

I've had several (in fact I'm just coming out of one right now).

If that's all it is, he should be okay.

Otherwise ... does he have any mental problems? Stress?
>>
>>18795212
Anxiety, paranoia and despair are hallmarks of spiritual attack. Sounds alot like Demons in particular.

As for how to help, only real way to shake it off is to just fight through it. Magic can probably help, placing some wards against evil spirits and wearing crystals and items that he believes will help will probably help. But the most important thing for him to know is that he will get through it. If he can just fight as hard as he possibly can for one or two weeks, any anxiety or depression left can be treated proffesionally.

Not an expert psychiatrist, but have been in his shoes after trying to do stuff way above my level. Make absolute sure he doesnt think hes alone.
>>
>>18795252
"dark night of the soul"
What is that? Sorry to be such a fucking noob, this is the first time posting to this board, I usually just shitpost on /b/.

No stress that Im aware of, he makes good money and is not married or has children. He even said how disgusted he was with himself becuase he spends hours awake having panic attacks knowing that his life is really good. Hes incredibly self aware and has no idea why hes going through this.
>>
File: 1489714126834.jpg (10KB, 246x205px) Image search: [Google]
1489714126834.jpg
10KB, 246x205px
>My question is, can meditation, 3rd eye whatever cause this mental crisis?

Yes, it's a well known phenomenon. If someone is mentally unbalanced and begins a spiritual practice, it can drive them further off balance and into delusion or other mental illness. This goes doubly so for any "energetic" or "tantric" practices, including attempts to open certain energy centers.

Meditation can also have the effect of releasing repressed traumatic memories, resulting in a psychological breakdown.

>If so, any advice to help solve it?

First he needs to stop meditating. Entirely for at least a few months, during which time he should adjust his lifestyle - diet, sleep, exercise, etc.

He should also seek out the help of a mental health professional and start undergoing regular talk therapy and any other prescribed treatment.

Once he's stabilized the symptoms and started to make some headway into understanding why they emerged to begin with, he should only resume practice under the personal guidance of a teacher. He needs someone who can supervise his practice, tell him what he might be doing wrong, adjust his training to personalize it for his specific issues and basically provide experienced oversight.
>>
>>18795271
"Make absolute sure he doesnt think hes alone."

Absolutly. Thank you, Ive said a prayer and told him that I loved him greatly and wanted to visit home again but I would heart broken if I had to visit becuase of a funeral of one of my closest childhood friends. He got the message. Even in his crisis hes still lucid.
>>
>>18795291
Thank you very much, I will pass this on. Links please.
>>
>>18795212
>Tldr: I think my friend may have been inadvertently worshipping the devil and is now possessed.
Whatever. At least he knows the truth of the paranormal. Some people cannot handle the truth. The knowledge that the supernatural exists can change an persons entire state of mind. Even if he was wrong and had mental problems, never experiencing real magic, it does not discount that he is right about it.
>>
>>18795324

Lost most of my bookmarks to a computer reboot, but here are some that I had backed up:

http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2014/06/the-dark-knight-of-the-souls/372766/

http://www.new-synapse.com/aps/wordpress/?p=350

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3092572/The-dark-meditation-mindfulness-Treatment-trigger-mania-depression-psychosis-new-book-claims.html

http://edoshonin.com/2013/12/26/can-mindfulness-meditation-induce-psychotic-episodes/

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/03/22/the-buddhist-who-retreated-and-then-died.html

http://thehumanist.com/magazine/september-october-2007/features/can-meditation-be-bad-for-you

You can also read up on things like Zen Sickness, Qigong Deviation Syndrome (Zou huo ru mo) and Kundalini Syndrome.

At the end of the day, these practices were designed by monks and ascetics to be used as part of a much larger system of training and philosophical education, and taking it out of that context and practicing it with no guidance generally results in a bad outcome for the practitioner.
>>
>>18795212
Waa taking y ou seriously until you mentioned the devil.

Now, thats all of a response you're getting from me
>>
>>18795306
are you sure he didn't kill anyone?
>>
>>18795365
Thank you.
>>
>>18795379
Like what do you mean? He is guilt ridden in killing someone he went mental?
Or he killed someone due to a satanic ritual to sate his schizophrenic mind?
Using magic to kill others is a gift. A wonderful gift. I doubt anyone would complain if they had that power. Give your enemies heart attacks from across the country, make them kill themselves and no one on earth, except for you, would ever know.
>>
>>18795369
Ok. Cool you weren't adding anything useful anyways.
>>
>>18795379
He was a soldier. He did take alot life 13 years ago in Afghanistan. I even brought that up. He can shoulder that responsibility. We spoke for a long time about suppression of emotions, ptsd ect ect.
>>
>>18795485

Yeahhh that's almost certainly not helping.

Someone with that kind of history really should be practicing with the guidance of a teacher. That kind of trauma is almost certain to surface during practice.
>>
>>18795212

Tell him he needs to boil rabbits feet and throw them at his bedroom wall on the first full moon of the month.
>>
>>18795216
i once forced open someones 3rd eye. it was bad...he lost his shit. got an mri and turned out he had a melted brain.(could be from drug use) but the problems and craziness didnt come until i forced his eye open
>>
>>18795485
Haha sounds like he is depressed. He needs to MRI brain scan. Maybe he needs some pills.

Depressed people make me happy. Thank you for this thread OP. You made me feel better about myself.
>>
>>18795668
You are welcome, I do not wish to spread negativity, I just wanted some remedies. Imo he is suffering from spirituality sickness, that has manifested itself in the physical form.
>>
>>18795212
>ect ect

ETC. SHORT FOR ET CETERA. WHY ARE SEPTICS SO FUCKING DUMB?
>>
>>18795730
WHY ARE SEPTICS SO FUCKING DUMB?

Ouch I wasn't aware that non magic folk were referred and perceived as being septic.
>>
>>18795641

Why on earth would you force someone's 3rd eye open...? Not criticizing so much as baffled.
>>
>>18795212
Tell him to man up.
>>
>>18795212
How old is your friend?

The other anon above speaking about how his war experiences will come out with spiritual practice is most certainly correct. I don't think there is any way to avoid that. Having been inside a private ward before I can tell you that 2/3rds of the patients are ex-military.

The reason I ask his age is incase its schizotypal personality disorder. I believe it gets worse in phases, sometimes randomly, more commonly times of stress. Most people on x/ are probably schizotypal and don't even realise. Its not necessarily a bad thing, but just means people think about things differently. A proper diagnosis of that could lead to effective treatment. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizotypal_personality_disorder

On the spiritual side of things, do you know what kind of spiritual stuff he has been studying? That could help us work out if it was actually an entity giving him grief as opposed to energy imbalance. Or has he associated with anyone who might have hexed or cursed him?
Do things run smoothly in his life, or does he have bad luck? Could be symptoms indicating something called "crossed conditions"
>>
>>18795746
This board is piss and the people in it are full of shit.

Is that what you mean by septic?
>>
>>18795212
Have you tried giving in to his fetish? It probably makes him feel bad that you're disgusted of his fetish and would rather have regular sex.
>>
>>18795641
>melted brain

cause thats how that works.
>>
>>18795212
3rd eye is only for ghost sex, any other purpose will cause evil spirits to make you kill yourself.
>>
meditation has always been associated with mental illnesses.
but only if you do it right.
>>
Yes, Meditation has been described as having increased someones psychotics tendencies. It's a tool, and like any tool, you can hurt yourself with it if you don't know what you are doing.

Even if you are doing it correctly, it's still really normal to get to this "existencial" phase in any spiritual search, and it usually occurs before reaching spiritual bliss (see The Dark Night of the Soul and related experiences).
>>
>>18795212
Yes. Your friend isn't possessed by the devil but by his own dreams. You can do him an immense service by talking with him, sharing stories with an open mind. He needs you to talk him back down to earth, but you need to take his story seriously too (however strange it might sound, the things he sees are quite real). Show that you care about him, that you're a real person who's there for him and he'll get better.
>>
>>18795282

The Dark Night is a way of describing the existencial crisis a lot of spiritual seekers go through in their path. I think it's the result of the process of your brain rewiring itself, when it falls into a "gray-zone" where you have already gone past the "normal" meanings and goals of the world, but still haven't got to total reprogramation and attainment of the spiritual ones.

So you get pretty fucking depressed as a result. I think it's pretty common, you can see "symptoms" of it in the lives of many spiritual leaders, and I have had personal experiences with it too.
>>
Jesus Christ, anon. Don't follow any of the advice in this thread beyond suggesting a therapist. Your buddy is probably having a mental break due to some unforeseen stressor that you may not be privy to. With him having been in the military and witnessing heavy shit, the best option is therapy and maybe some antidepressants. Meditation is used regularly to calm the mind. I have an anxiety disorder and I use medititation regularly to calm myself rather than popping pills. That said, your buddy needs CBT and probably some meds. Suggesting any of this shit and him taking it seriously will certainly result in his condition progressing and getting way fucking worse.
>>
>>18796779
THIS.

> so sick from panic attacks that can't even function
> "must be demons"

This nigga needs some goddamn Xanax and perhaps daily prescription meds to get his symptoms under control.

I'm not saying it *couldn't* have been triggered about by too much redpilling, anon, but he needs help for his body (physical part of the brain) before anything else.
>>
>>18795641
how would yo go about opening an eye
n00b here
>>
>>18799717
You don't.
You can kinda re-wire your subminds to work together on problems, (or so some neurologists say), but even that's psudo-science at this point.

Read a book. Not a bible, not a book written by some self-proclaimed guru, but a real book based in scientific study and reality.
>>
>>18796668

Very good advise, he just needs someone to talk to him. Try and understand his point of views and bring him back slowly.
>>
>>18799717
Years of kundalini yogurt
>>
>>18795212
Original pic , please
>>
Well as you meditate you seek to get in touch with the world, reality essentially, through yourself. It's evident that as a sentient being we experience the world through ourselves and therefore inadvertently experience it as though we are the center of existence. My guess is that your friend is experiencing the shock of realizing how different reality is. It's not so uncommon for this to happen to people although I don't know anyone who has actually killed themselves because of it. It's possible for him to completely revert back to the way he was before he started meditating if he stops for long enough. We have a way of keeping ourselves in a "mortal" mindset if you will, when not actively trying to escape it. I would ask you to suggest to him to go for walks regularly, the world is perceived by our surroundings as much as it is by what is in us. Hope this helps.
>>
>>18795212
I hate to spoil the fun being had in this thread, but this is surely an existential crisis. If he's been blessed in life as you say, then he probably had no reason to question his existence before starting his meditation routine. He suddenly begins to contemplate his own existence during these sessions and suffers what most people do at some point in their lives. A sufficiently introspective person will have many such crises in their life. It is something that you really can't help him with. He must face his own fears on the path to self-actualization. Or you can tell him that he's consorting with inter-dimensional beings and make the episode worse.
>>
>>18802152
I disagree with one thing you say only.
He can help his friend, I don't know the person so I don't know what he would need to hear, but usually people deal with these things when taking a break from their every day lives and experience a new place.
>>
yes, i replaced spleep by meditation. Didn't properly sleep for 5 days, went to a mental institute for 40 days
though i was jesus christ and shit
still do 4 years later from time to time
>>
>>18802232
I suppose there are ways for friends to help but only his own acceptance of his life will alleviate his distress
>>
>>18802254
Maybe you are jeseus the christ man
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.