[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any anons ever been in a cult? I have a bit of a obssesion with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: cult.jpg (87KB, 960x525px) Image search: [Google]
cult.jpg
87KB, 960x525px
Any anons ever been in a cult? I have a bit of a obssesion with them and would like to hear some stories about them.
>>
i was in a cult
Caesars Legion
>>
>>18794408
Was raised in Christianity.
>>
>>18794408
Sure was, there called Mormons...
>>
>>18794408

IAM 751
>>
>>18794408
You're gana get much roleplay here, and people who think they're in cults, when they're just in skype groups
>>
I started a cult in High School, convinced some people I was a god and had fun with that.
They were kind of nuts though and I think at least half of them were retarded.
>>
No, but I've been thinking of starting one to get laid. I think I can do it.

The next 4 posters can chime in with what every good cult needs:
>origin story
>the 'big' secret
>the carrot
>the stick
>>
File: eva mendes fedora.jpg (69KB, 420x300px) Image search: [Google]
eva mendes fedora.jpg
69KB, 420x300px
>>18794408
I never was. I was fortunate enough to have an agnostic dad and a minimally "spiritual" mother. No church, no indoctrination. Because I wasn't conditioned to expect an afterlife or god becoming an atheist wasn't a big deal, I didn't lose anything (and this sense of loss is related to the angry atheist trope.) I was and still am pissed about some of the injustices religions perpetuate.

I find it hard to imagine what being in a cult is like. I keep rationalizing that someone believes in something for metaphorical reasons, but no, there are people who 100% believe in whatever supernatural power. It's like crystallized ignorance. They're so invested in their belief that it is unshakeable, a part of who they are. That is the terrifying thing about religions and cults, how perverted and absolute the power of belief can have to control people.
>>
>>18796482
>Mechanisms to deflect / marginalize criticism.
>Changes one's view of their identity to be intimately related to the cult.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.