[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is Brahman and how does it relate to Krishna/God?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 8

File: Krishna-Arjuna.jpg (50KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Krishna-Arjuna.jpg
50KB, 640x480px
What is Brahman and how does it relate to Krishna/God?
>>
File: mylittlebrahmin.jpg (13KB, 214x235px) Image search: [Google]
mylittlebrahmin.jpg
13KB, 214x235px
It's a 2 headed cow from Fallout
>>
a made up word by poos for something they imagined
>>
A thing even more holy than the fabled loo.
>>
File: aspects of the Godhead.jpg (132KB, 728x546px) Image search: [Google]
aspects of the Godhead.jpg
132KB, 728x546px
>>18793452
Brahman is the undifferentiated All. For impersonalist Hindus, it is the nature of Absolute Reality. The highest truth. For the personalist Hindu, Brahman is the infinite effulgence of the Supreme Person. In Gaudiya Vaishnavism, Brahman-realization is considered the first of three stages.
Brahman: the realization that all is One
Paramatma: the realization that One is both omnipresent and localized
Bhagavan: the realization of the personality of One

Two analogies often used are of the sun and of a distant mountain, though I have issues with both comparisons.
1) Brahman is like the rays of the sun, expanding everywhere. Paramatma is realizing sunshine has a source - the sun globe. Bhagavan is entering the sun globe and understanding Vivasvan, the sun-god. Personally I feel this analogy is alienating as most will reject the premise of Vivasvan outright.
2) Brahman realization is like sighting a distant mountain on the horizon - hazy and featureless. Paramatma realization is then approaching close enough to get a clear picture of the mountain. Bhagavan would then be getting close enough to see the trees and animals and distinct forms of the mountain. This analogy I feel does a better job of conveying the progress from Paramatma to Bhagavan, but is much worse in terms of similarity when describing Brahman and Paramatma realization.
>>
Krishna is old news. THE KALKI COMETH!
PURGE THE FILTH!
>>
File: 3-absolutes3.jpg (1MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
3-absolutes3.jpg
1MB, 2560x1600px
Thinking on it, a business or corporation might be a good analogy. With Brahman being "The Company" - Everything within the company is part of The Company. The employees are The Company, the product is The Company, that stapler is The Company. Despite apparent differences in form, function, whatever - it is all The Company.

Paramatma, then, would be an understanding of while everything is The Company, The Company has a "source." The founder, the president, the CEO, the board of directors, however you describe it (I'm going with president cuz faster to type and fits the analogy better) - this President is still The Company, but The Company follows the direction of the President. While the secretary or janitor might be The Company in that they are part of The Company and act in purpose with The Company, it is different than the President. What the President says, the company does. In the President, the entirety of The Company is summed up. The President is the localized aspect of The Company.

Bhagavan realization is moving past knowing the "President" to knowing the person who is the President. Not just "the entirety of The Company," but Alice Welkins, who likes 80s romance movies and putting bleu cheese on her salads and all the other things that make her a Person instead of just knowing the position and ability of a President.
>>
File: 1024px-Dasavatar__19th_century.jpg (87KB, 1024x250px) Image search: [Google]
1024px-Dasavatar__19th_century.jpg
87KB, 1024x250px
>>18794051
Do not give in to nostalgia for the forgotten past, but rather be inspired by the deeds done to bring you to this life, and live to outdo the heroes of old as you walk beyond their footsteps while always thankful for the trails they have left us. To dwell in nostalgia, we forget our place in the cycles of destiny, and at this current year, we can finally see the new dawn, basking in the light that Kek brings, burning and purging lies like the green flamesmof the black sun of ages past. This time, he on the white horse with his sword held high, shall come, the Kalki! The remover of filth and degeneracy. For where the Avatar of Vishnu were too kind, the Kalki shall know his duty first!
WELCOME THE DAWN! May the green thunderbolt ignite the pyres!
>>
>>18793520
If you had actually read the vedic texts, you'd know that the poonloos are in fact the descendants of the famed monkey people, and a handful of indo-aryans. You would also know that the vedic texts are from the same lineages as the traditions and legacy of the ancestors of modern day europeans.
>>
>>18794051
I appreciate this, thank you.
>>
>>18793999
No kalki in this kali yuga.
>>
>>18793452
Same way gum in a pack of gum works. When it's done you get another stick of gum from the pack until the pack is empty of gum. Then buy more gum.
>>
>>18794350
Kalki-deva IS an Avatar of Vishnu, as IMO would be Kek if he represents some Supreme Person for you. And if you are waiting for Kalki, I think you will be waiting for a long time.

>>18795305
Gauranga's Golden Age is on progress, but Kalki will still come.
>>
>>18795899
Interesting article regarding this subject

http://www.bvml.org/contemporary/SD_nkaitky.html
>>
>>18795916
Thank you so much, very nice read. Do you know if there are any comments on how this compares with the passages in the brahma vaivarta purana, or how this Age of Kali will end and return to Satya Yuga without the Yuga Avatar? Will the cycle renew in a special way, or simply happen at the allotted time without the presence of an Avatar?
>>
>>18793974
Best post on /x/. Funny how the good posts go undetected.

Or perhaps its the fact that everyone knows and doesn't want to.
>>
>be me
>spend almost a decade on 4chan
>all sorts of wizards
>believers get derised
>something supernatural happens in my life
>start looking for answers
>meet many believers of many kinds, ultimately see their lies
>consider gnosticism and lhp philosophies as only chance at finding the truth, just like 4chan once did
>4chan is now a nexus of preachers and devotees

FUCKING HELL
>>
>>18796484
Reality always does that. You can play with it and watch it change to what you believe.

Its cool
>>
>>18796494
Actually its on reverse, I now hold 4chans old beliefs and 4chan believes what they once mocked.
Btw, I found a belief system that seems out of Blood, the pc vidya, I know old 4chan would.
>>
File: The Real Thing.jpg (39KB, 572x374px) Image search: [Google]
The Real Thing.jpg
39KB, 572x374px
>>18793452
1) "Brahman" is the unmanifested truth of the universe, it is "god" before the Big Bang and creation of matter, energy, and time.
2) "Bhraman" or "Brahmin" can also mean a member of the priestly caste in Hindu social terms, who may or may be be a priest of (wait for it...)
3) "Brahma" - the anthropomorphized version of "god/Brahman" - just the West pictures "god" as Zeus, a bearded chappie sitting on a golden throne in the clouds.
>>
>>18795953
Honestly not sure prabhu. Will ask my guru maharaja next time I see him
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.