[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your opinion in the Arecibo message "Response"?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: images.jpg (67KB, 575x533px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
67KB, 575x533px
What's your opinion in the Arecibo message "Response"? Do you think it was a hoax? Can the ayy lmaos be real?
>>
>>18789155
A well done hoax. The guy who edited the original message knew what he was doing.
>>
It would be a pretty sick table layout for a pinball game.
>>
>>18789155
I think it's real, someone was passing by, close enough decoded in five minutes and send it back.

Something the size and as useful as the arecibo observatory has no reason to lie, they have prestiges and titles on the line, you can't say later that it was just a joke.
>>
>>18789155
There's a message that was received, but it wasn't by that observatory. The real message was received at Clovis AFB, New Mexico. Not an easy message to interpret, I'll tell you that.
>>
>>18789207
Substantiate your claims with a basic gestalt
>>
>>18789155
>We got your message and traveled across who knows many light years.

>Let's reply by hiding our presence for some unknown reason but at the same time bend corn to tell of our presence.

>Actually believe this plz.

If a group of psychologists engineered a test to find the stupidest motherfuckers alive, it would probably be a lot like this.
>>
>>18789155
>>>18789155
>>We got your message and traveled across who knows many light years.
>
>>Let's reply by hiding our presence for some unknown reason but at the same time bend corn to tell of our presence.
>
>>Actually believe this plz.
>
>If a group of psychologists engineered a test to find the stupidest motherfuckers alive, it would probably be a lot like this.
As far as I know, the message was supposed to take 25,000 years in order to reach the destination, maybe it crossed with a space ship flying around, decoded the message and decided to "reply" with that crop rectangle
>>
>>18789212
How do I do that?
>>
File: 5_5_chibolton_2000.jpg (145KB, 600x443px) Image search: [Google]
5_5_chibolton_2000.jpg
145KB, 600x443px
>>18789155

You forgot to mention that this crop circle appeared in the nearby field 5 days prior.
>>
File: Chilbolton2001daa_32.jpg (34KB, 265x501px) Image search: [Google]
Chilbolton2001daa_32.jpg
34KB, 265x501px
>>18789155
>>18790393

You also got to consider, what is the probability that hoaxers could:

a) be creative enough to construct a new type of glyph like that, involving rectangular "binary units" in the "Arecibo" response, and no circles,

b) repeatedly practice making the Arecibo glyph first, in some field(s), without these practice attempts being spotted from the air and reported

c) actually carry it out, producing all those right-angle corners in the Arecibo-like pattern, without making any mistakes

d) do it all in just a few hours overnight

e) do it without showing up on the security cameras there, one or more of which looked out towards the relevant direction …

f) do it without leaving undesired trampled stalks or stake holes, etc., behind, from having accessed the location along some tram line and laying out the surveying lines, etc., which would be necessary

g) not claim credit for it afterwards and not offer to show skeptics just how they did it by being willing to quickly reproduce the same designs within a pristine area of a wheat field while under the watchful eyes of veteran crop-circle researchers.

You can read more about the whole thing here: http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/circulos_cultivos/esp_circuloscultivos12.htm
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.