[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just finished this. I have mixed feelings but I thought it was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

File: the-oa_66_27.jpg (286KB, 825x464px) Image search: [Google]
the-oa_66_27.jpg
286KB, 825x464px
Just finished this. I have mixed feelings but I thought it was pretty good. Anybody else who has seen it have any thoughts? Theories? I personally hope they leave it at 1 season.
>>
>>18784047
Whatever that is, it is beautiful, anon.
>>
>>18784062
It is a series on Netflix called The OA.
>>
File: Capa-The-OA.jpg (115KB, 810x360px) Image search: [Google]
Capa-The-OA.jpg
115KB, 810x360px
>>18784062
>>
It made me take up interpretive arobics as self defence
>>
>>18784047
I didn't make it past the first episode. I kept falling asleep every time I tried watching it. Even in the middle of the day. Pretty boring.
>>
>>18784115
It is a much different and very slow style of writing. I'll give you that. I still found it pretty intriguing.
>>
File: giphy.gif (189KB, 371x200px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
189KB, 371x200px
>>18784114
You want to go do interpretive arobics in the garage?
>>
>think the characters are going to use astral projection or teleportation to rescue the OA's friends
>[spoiler] they just dance real retarded to distract a 14 year old fedoralord shooting up a school with a full auto AR he somehow acquired/made in Cali fucking fornia so a cook can tackle him[/spoiler]
>>
File: dl54yyj.jpg (1MB, 3264x2444px) Image search: [Google]
dl54yyj.jpg
1MB, 3264x2444px
it is pretty fucking good, the pacing is glacial af and it was made to be binged watched 9/10
>>
>>18784047
>>think the characters are going to use astral projection or teleportation to rescue the OA's friends
>>[spoiler] they just dance real retarded to distract a 14 year old fedoralord shooting up a school with a full auto AR he somehow acquired/made in Cali fucking fornia so a cook can tackle him[/spoiler]

It's set in Michigan.
>>
>>18784333
I found it to be a kind of mixture between K-Pax, True Detective, and Silence of the Lambs.
>>
File: undefined[1].png (903KB, 1239x929px) Image search: [Google]
undefined[1].png
903KB, 1239x929px
>>18784047
CAN'T FIND A BETTER MAN
>>
It was stupid massive lead up to nothing paranormal just mad people in fish tanks twitching on acid
>>
>>18784327
Holy fuck haha I'm glad I didn't waste my time watching this
>>
>>18785209
Haha
>>
This is my favorite show of all time.
>>
>>18785340
I wouldn't say it was my favorite show of all time. That is reserved for Stargate SG1. But I will say I thought it was clever and well written. Hooked me pretty good. I am into some obscure movies that fuck with your head and leave you sad for days (Love Liza, Niagara Niagara, etc).

There is a difference between depression and sadness.... depression I feel is like quicksand and sucks the life out of everything. Sadness means you had a chance to get attached to something and then it goes to shit... but you still have that sense that there was something palpable.

I forgot I knew how to feel sad (I don't want to sound emo; I am definitely not). I guess I just don't get out much... I mean, I frequent /x/, so apparently I have a bit of a retarded set of social skills. All I am saying is that the series was pretty good. Left me with mixed feelings. Lotta mysteries.

I hope they leave it at 1 season. Not everything needs to be explained or have an overly happy ending. That is where a series loses me... leave me with an emotion I don't usually feel.
>>
I hope they don't leave it at season 1 - there are so many questions that need answering!

Like the first time Homer successfully fools Hap into thinking he's been gassed, he listens to a recording of people shouting at him to stop running; why? Where does Homer go? Is his nde a portent to the future?

Also, wtf was Prairies psychiatrist doing in her house alone at that time of night?

If there's another doctor preforming the same type of research, does the government know?
>>
>>18787023
See I really do get the whole loose ends angle... and people need closure.

I just think it would have struck me more as a loss if that is just where it ended. And it was refreshing that it ended in such a fucked up way. Cause that is how I view life. That is just how life is. Not everything has a skippy ending. Maybe it is just shit til you die... that is a palpable reality. I don't need anymore bubblegum storyline conclusions. Just don't see them as relatable. Not that my life is a disaster. But just to know that my life ending uneventfully is just a possibility and I have come to peace with that.

I don't know. Just food for thought. That's just how I view it.
>>
>>18786971
If you like obscure movies that fuck with your head, watch Enemy (2013) and comeback to discuss it here.
>>
I'm pretty sure season 2 is confirmed.
>>
>>18787848

Enemy ending > *holy shit this is a big gap* > OA ending
>>
File: 1486123474730.gif (3MB, 200x180px) Image search: [Google]
1486123474730.gif
3MB, 200x180px
couldnt get into it

thought it would be cool paranormal FRINGE show and it was just weird edgy teen drama
>>
>>18789493
I think they thought the teen drama might sell since Stranger Things was a hit. It's Netflix we're talking about.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.