[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /x/, whats the best way to have a lucid dream? I want to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: 1489094894821.gif (283KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1489094894821.gif
283KB, 500x500px
Hey /x/, whats the best way to have a lucid dream? I want to have one as fast as I can, and I don't think that a youtube video is going to accurately show me how.
gif unrelated
>>
bump
I'm intrested too. I've been trying for nearly a month now, what am I doing wrong?
>>
>>18779239
This topic will be deleted because mods are afraid of hypno spirals.
>>
>>18779362
do you sleep on your back? or what? i sleep on my side. and i could do it fine.
>>
>>18779239
the monroe institute probably has what you're looking for. studying OOBE and lucid dreaming for decades and have developed a number of techniques.

i think journeys out of the body, monroe's first big book on the subject has been available for free online since the 90s
>>
The best way i've experimented was by performing reality checks. The most effective one is "try to inhale":

1: Close your mouth.
2: Close your nostrils with your fingers.
3: Try to inhale.

You will only successfuly inhale if you are asleep ('cause respiration is not related to the mechanical implications of the dream). Thus you will know you are deaming and can do whatever you want.
>>
>>18779377
another one is looking at your hands.
>>
>>18779239
Keeping a dream journal apparently helps some people lucid dream
>>
>tfw reality is a lucid dream
>>
>>18779377
>>18779382
Those are both good.
Personally, I prefer a wristwatch. The one I'm wearing in the dream world is always the same, but it's not the one I wear IRL.
>>
File: 1464056401724.gif (1MB, 320x213px) Image search: [Google]
1464056401724.gif
1MB, 320x213px
>>18779239
>MFW I seem to not even have a body in most of my dreams.
>>
same tho i never see any part of my body in my dreams, not even a reflection where as my friend sees himself constantly
>>
File: 1436783515903.png (884KB, 4000x3758px) Image search: [Google]
1436783515903.png
884KB, 4000x3758px
>>18779239
I usually have lucid dreams when I'm least expecting them. Some even happen when I've tried to quit smoking.

My best suggestion is to make yourself physically exhausted to the point that you'll stay asleep longer than normal.

Also, make sure you do a reality check regularly i.e. when you dream look at your hands or digital clock. If you look at them, look away and turn back they should change in a way so that you'll know that you're dreaming. You can also try inhaling/exhaling with your nose covered during a dream.

Here's a pic related of lucid dreaming types. Have fun!
>>
>>18779239
i used to lucid dream on a regular basis op. heres how i achieved it.

first you want to get a notepad and a pen and keep that shit by your bed at all times. at any moment you wake up you need to write down EVERYTHING that you remember. no matter how small the detail. this will train your mind to hold onto loose info that you would otherwise forget in a few seconds of waking. some of my dreams required many sides of a4 with notes, diagrams, maps etc..
do this for weeks or months until you start to remember detail on a regular basis and dont forget to keep doing it even when you finally achieve your goal. i think this is probably the most important step and if nothing else it gives you a real insight into the way your subconciouss processes information.

tell yourself every night before you sleep. 'i will lucid dream tonight' almost like a mantra. your subconciouss will pick up things you think of before sleep and usually addresses these issues in the first few dreams you have. ( i think you dream roughly 5-8 dreams every night but usually only remember the last one)

now the hard part. recognising when you are asleep. i have read many ways to do this. some reccomend an inception style small item in your pocket to take out in your dream. others say try to check your watch in your dream a couple of times to see how time is progressing. for me i asked myself am i dreaming? is this real? sounds quite simple but not so easy to do when you are actually asleep. whichever way you choose, this is the hardest step. as soon as you can recognise your dream you will be able to control it.

you will fail a lot. waking up and realising you were nearly there is the worst and will happen many, many times before you manage to dream lucidly. persistence is key. it took me around 8 months to learn to hold a dream when i had ' woken up' but different strokes for different folks and all that.
anyway happy dreaming
>>
>>18779239
Listen to binaurals when you sleep i always get lucid dreams with binaurals but i get scared i might have a nightmare so i try to wake myself up
>>
From my experience, self induced sleep paralysis and music.

It has lead to some intense hallucination like dreams.
>>
>>18780792
Source for the binaurs you use?
>>
I'm using the Awoken app, is there any negative to doing your dream journal digitally instead of pen and paper or am I thinking too much about it? I guess just remembering should suffice...
>>
I have some wormwood. How much should I take, and how long before sleeping? The stuff tastes like ass, and not in a good way.
>>
>>18779239
Mugwort or Wormwood in a tea. Works for me, maybe try in combo with other methods.
>>
>>18781429
I use two teaspoons. Sometimes Mix a bit of chamomile. Also, I posted my above post before I saw that somebody else recommended it. Mugwort works better for me but either should do.
>>
>>18781353
The light from a phone or computer can potentially have negative effects, like make you forget minor details, or fuck with your brainwaves a bit.
>>
>>18779239
When I was young I could lucid dream without really trying. Id just lay down and try to visualize a familiar place that isnt near your bedroom. Some place youre obviously not at. I usually pictured the beach, got there and realized I'm dreaming because I was just in bed and work from there.

Only real cool thing I did was kamehameha a house. Blew the thing to smithereens. Went to get people and show them and they didnt believe me, I couldnt do it again and said there must have been a gas leak in the house. I think astral beings figured I was getting good and wanted to suppress it.

Then around 16 I started smoking weed which lowers REM duration and frequency so I hardly have dreams anymore.
>>
all the above tips about keeping a dream journal and telling yourself an intention are good for the mind training.

my method, i have found i can lucid dream sleeping in any position. if you have a consistant regular sleeping schedule you need to disrupt that. stay up real late then go to sleep tired, wake up early by alarm, get up and do something, if you feel like a nap by mid morning, early afternoon, it's a good sign. lay down, read something and fall into a nap, high chance of a lucid dream. sleep paralysis might occur here as well. you might need to do this over a few days, you are really tiring your mind + giving it instructions on what to do when you do wake up in your dream.
>>
>>18779239
I've found nicotine works good of you are already addicted to it. Native Americans used to get their nicotine tolerance to extremely high levels and then overdose on it. It caused them to hallucinate and communicate with "spirits". If you are already addicted smoke a cig or vape right before bed and give it a try. If you don't smoke though don't start. You will still have to keep a dream journal, reality check, etc. It just makes dreams way more vivid.
>>
>>18781592
Alright, Harry Potter...
>>
>>18779239
I'm going to reply with something a bit unconventional here, but if you really want to dream lucidly and have conscious control, I'd suggest you study Sacred Geometry.

Learn about Sacred Geometry and draw the shapes/forms yourself. Once you have a base understanding of the building blocks of reality (geometry) you'll be able to influence your dreams more effectively, and thus the reality you live in as well.

In fact, once you reach a certain understanding of Sacred Geometry, you'll be able to create your own mandala which you can hang over your bed and use as an "astral portal". Having a hand fashioned native dream catcher is also great.

Practice getting to the in-between state of being awake and asleep, that's where the magic of creativity and inspiration happens. If you awaken your 3rd eye, which the study and application of Sacred Geometry will do, you'll be able to visualize with your 3rd eye and create shapes in your mind's eye.

Once you're able to do this, lucid dreams will come much more easily to you.
>>
>>18781859
This is my next step / personal project, been thinking about it for awhile. I have all the tools / materials to draw up large images. Any sources you recommend?

While playing around in-between states of sleep and being awake, I had a sleep paralysis episode during the Hypnopompic state where there were small grey Transformers like robots jumping out of the wall onto my bed.
>>
I don't actively try to induce lucid dreaming but I do find dreams interesting and entertaining. Recently lucid dreams have been happening to me more frequently. I think this is because of awareness of the meta of my dreams (noticing common themes, logic, and such) which is probably why keeping dream journals is common advice.

One of the more notable experiences I've had was because I think I unintentionally did a method of inducing lucid dreams. I woke up hours earlier than I usually do and decided to just browse the internet for a while before deciding I should get more sleep in. The dreams in the latter chunk of my sleep were entirely lucid.

However, I have yet to gain any conscious control over changing the things around me.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.