[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

False nostalgia.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 65444.jpg (71KB, 618x418px) Image search: [Google]
65444.jpg
71KB, 618x418px
I often get flashbacks of extremely distinctive places that I've never seen or been to. It's not a fragment of a dream that I had or anything. Everything is too specific and clear in my mind when I recall these locations.

It's just, I have false memories of these super specific locations and they speak to me as if I've been there and as if they have a sentimental meaning to me.

The only thing that's freaking me out is that my memory is telling me ''Dude, you've absolutely been there, 100% , that's why you remember these places so well.'' and I really do feel that way, the same way I feel about the grocery store that actually I went to yesterday.

What's up with that?
>>
Autism
>>
>>18773506
I know you said that it's not a fragment of a dream or anything, but that's what my money is on.
>>
>>18773506
Hiraeth.
>>
I think we're all thinking the same thing: reincarnation or multiverse
But if you could provide us with detailed descriptions of your memories, that would be very helpful in narrowing it down.
>>
I've read in some ideologies that they could have been your other lives, and what you remember is supposed to help guide you in your current life or some shit. I have several of these 'memories' too; I don't remember ever dreaming about them and I don't remember when I first 'remembered' them. Only bits and pieces, they don't seem historically similar to the present.
>>
>>18773506
I get that too anon except when I try thinking about it more the memory just fades away. I just live with it and don't even question it anymore.
>>
>>18773506

Genetic memory. Also collective unconscious which is just another term for genetic memory... but nevermind that...
>>
Probably reincarnation. Ian Stevenson's research into the area has produced some rather convincing case studies.
>>
>>18773506
It is an immensely exciting topic: I myself have been experiencing this and wrote a novel about it. When I was doing my PhD, my topic was to deal with transgenerational traumas. Being a European, I constantly have flashbacks from having been in the USA. Although I have never been there, it turned out my great grandfather had..
>>
>>18773506
Here's some shit I've experienced relating to this. I do not believe in reincarnation, but I do believe it is possible to have memories, emotions, or feelings passed down from ancestors by DNA

>have a strong love for daiseys, the color orange, and valley landscapes covered in daiseys
>have memories of walking through an empty valley covered in organge-ish soil with daiseys everywhere
>I even have dreams about this landscape
>I always think "If I could just find that landscape, I would be at peace. Like that would bring peace into my life if I could just walk into that grassy valley covered in daiseys
>Always feel like it's an important place that I need to find
>my family grew up in California, immigrated from Italy
>I was born in Cali but moved away when I was 3
>Looking at photos of California and Italy
>See the fucking landscape that I always imagine and dream about

It is my fucking mission to go take a walk through this landscape. Pic related, what the landscape looks like
>>
>>18773506
When stuff like that happens to me I atribute it to having expanded my consciousness. Literally just having other peoples memories and feelings seep into my mind/soul.
>>
>>18779985

"You will live again, as a part of me!"
>>
It's your past life.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.