[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Couldn't green house gasses on a thicker scale allow for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

Couldn't green house gasses on a thicker scale allow for planets to have a warmer surface even as it gets distant from the sun.

That way planets like Jupiter could just be a relaxing 70 degrees.

I know this is half wrong but it just seems limiting to assume we can't SOMEHOW reliably effect global temperatures of worlds we locate.
>>
No your correct.

>source: I've played spore
>>
>>18771037
Earth isn't good enough so now we have to bring jupiter into fucking climate change too. Gawd! you fucking asshole.
>>
>>18771037
Jupiter is a bad example.
The entire planet is a ball of compressed gas.
>>
File: latest-4.png (319KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
latest-4.png
319KB, 1024x768px
>>18771110
It's now widely believed that all gas giants in fact have a core.

http://www.geek.com/news/geek-answers-what-is-at-the-center-of-a-gas-giant-1571039/
>>
>>18771161
>it's now

Nigga I've been in astronomy for years now and we've theorized it has a solid hydrogen core followed by heavier metals for at least 20 years when Black Science Man published the paper on it
>>
Why are you here?
Take this shit to /sci
>>
File: interior.jpg (145KB, 1667x505px) Image search: [Google]
interior.jpg
145KB, 1667x505px
They're computers. Liquid metallic Hydrogen is a super conductor, Jupiter emits twice as much energy as it absorbs from the sun. the ice giants are material storage. You can fill in the rest of the gaps pretty easy.
>>
>>18771247
computers are made using semiconductors not superconductors
>>
>>18771037

Well done Cuckbert here's a gold star for trying, now if you can make it through the day without touching yourself there you'll get a smiley face stamp.
>>
>>18771363
are you seriously implying that an alien planetary supercomputer has to work the same way human computers do?
>>
>>18771378
yes

you can't make a computer using only superconductors, yeah you can use them for data pathways but its honestly not worth the hassle
>>
>>18771382
anon you're too much inside the box

alien computers, should there be any, likely work in ways incomprehensible to us, using methods far beyond our current technology permits.
>>
>>18771382
D-Wave's computers use superconducting loops with Josephson junctions as qubits. Not agreeing with that that guy on the Jupiter thing but yes you can make computers with superconductors
>>
The reason why Venus is as hot as it is is because of its greenhouse effect, not because it is so much closer to the sun. I'm not sure in how far this could affect Jupiter, but I guess it might be possiblish.

>I watched the Cosmos series
>>
>>18771382
>>18771383
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flux_qubit
>>
>>18771383
There are still going to need to be discrete coherent structures to process logic. Whether you're arguing it's a quantum based logic or binary based logic isn't relevant to that statement. A large mass of superconducting substance isn't going to be a computer.

>>18771386
Josephson junctions still require non-superconducting material to function.
>>
>>18771203
Terraforming is spoopy?
>>
>>18771398
Normal computer require non semiconducting materials to function, whats your point?
>>
>>18772092
can't make a giant supercomputer out of purely metallic hydrogen
>>
>>18771037
>relaxing
>70°
try Celsius or Kelvin some time, it's better
>Implying that Jupiter has a surface
Other than that, you're basically right, although high enough CO2 levels can kill, so it'd be no use to us if a planet like Venus was out far enough to be earth temperature at the surface...
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.