[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you guys ever experienced death in a dream? The other week

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: 1448214516348.jpg (41KB, 592x404px) Image search: [Google]
1448214516348.jpg
41KB, 592x404px
Have you guys ever experienced death in a dream? The other week I had a dream where me and a few others we in really near death experiences but before I died I was transported somewhere else, then finally I guess I just had enough of it and accepted that I was going to die, so I asked the people who were hunting us to kill me and get it over with. He had a gun and before he shot me my mind just felt so in panic at the time. Then everything went black, all the pain went away, and iflt just felt like an off switch. It felt like nothingness, and it felt like the best thing I've ever felt. Just complete peace. And between that split second of blackness and me waking up I just had the thought "so this is death, huh?" I woke up and wrote down the dream in a book I keep.
>>
I died in at least 4 dreams that I can remember off the top of my head:
>shot in a mugging gone bad, left my corpse as it happened and was watching the aftermath from slightly above the scene

>was in a huge city that was being bombed. watched a big bomb explode in the distance high above the city which rained smaller bombs down. (Looked like raining fire) big bombs got closer until one exploded directly above me, was actually beautiful to watch and accept fate.

>jumped out of a parking ramp in a dream when I told my in dream buddy that I was dreaming. Motioned with his head that I should jump so I did.

>was in a car (not driving) in some severe winter conditions when the car hit ice. car slid sideways into a solid wall (I think?) probably going ~55
>>
>>18770584
Yes
>>
near the end of his life, Carl Jung published an article for a short book called "Man and His Symbols".

In this article he talked about death in dreams. He said it was normal for people to die in their dreams, but normally the dream ends right after you die. He then went on to say that of the hundreds (maybe thousands?) of psychotherapy patients he had during his career - anyone who died in their dream but the dream kept continuing died in real life shortly after.

He said he had no idea why this phenomenon exists and had always been wary to bring it up in any sort of scientific setting because it just seemed like absolute batshit craziness. even to him.

I remember he went through a few examples but there is one that I'll never forget. It was a guy who dreamed he was mountain climbing and slipped on some ice into a deep icy crevasse. He described the feeling of his limbs breaking as he fell and the sensation of death... but the dream didn't end. The man was shaken by this dream because he had a mountain climbing trip coming up that weekend. He died on that trip.. apparently he had slipped on some ice and fallen down a crevasse.

the book is a good read if youre interested
https://www.amazon.ca/Man-Symbols-Carl-Gustav-Jung/dp/0440351839
>>
>>18770584
dude i died a few days ago in my dream. Me and a friend were in Europe i think--I actually live stateside, never in Europe--and we took a shortcut through an alley. I said we shouldn't be he insisted. Long story short about 50-65 guys started chasing us and--while we had a little bit of a head start--they were closing quick. I hid in a staircase and my friend kept running upstairs. They followed him and I thought I was good when all of a sudden someone came up from behind me and shot me twice. Once in the ribs and once somewhere else in the stomach or something. I didn't really feel either--like pain or anything, but the shot to the ribs jolted my body. I didn't look at the shots, my body, or the guy for that matter, then I saw most of the people chasing us go to the plaza which the staircase I was in overlooked. It seemed apparent my friend was dead. I finally looked at my ribs and saw the blood--all of a sudden feeling my body, I asked the guy to kill me and he obliged waking me right up. When I awoke I wasn't scared or anything; whereas in past death dreams I have been scared or anxious. I was just really calm like I got a new insight. Then went right back to sleep
>>
Had a super realistic dream of being in a car wreck once.
>snowy road
>I'm driving
>wheel is in the back seat behind driver seat
>ask dad to move so I can see
>spin out of control on a bend.
>side of truck slams into a tree
>pain
>head shaking
>ears ringing

Woke up a few seconds later. Not sure if I died in the dream but irl I'd be fucked up.
>>
>>18770584
Why the fuck did you wake up and waste my time by sharing this stupid shit ? Go back to sleep and don't wake up. Keep it to your fucking self.
>>
I died in Vietnam in a dream once. I heard the other soldiers yelling "They're launching an offensive!" and then the vehicle exploded.
>>
Died and came back dozens of times on one dream. This was ~14 years ago so I don't remember all the details anymore.
I was on a sort of life-size game board, like chutes and ladders or mousetrap.
At each 'station' I stopped at, someone from my life was there, waiting for me.
They all had something significant to say.
The only one I remember was this girl that I had a huge crush on in school, and sort of still do. She was naked and had a narrow stripe of yellow paint from her chin down to her vagina. She told me that the reason I was always unhappy is that I'm afraid of people judging me. Then, I layed down on a sort of dissection table and she tore me in half, from my crotch to the middle of the top of my head. I died. Then she stuck me back together and I came back. When I was dead, the dream went from first-person to a sort of floating at eye level perspective. When I came back, i got sucked back into my body.
I have no fucking idea what most of that means but I still remember it vividly.
>>
Well, for the first time in my life, I died in a dream a few days ago and didn't wake up instantly like I always do, a missile that came out of nowhere exploded me and my gf, everything turned black, I could still hear her talking to me, but it was as if her voice was in super slow motion, shortly after, I stopped hearing her and I thought: "this isn't so bad".

>>18770741
Does this mean I'm going to get blown up? I guess it really isn't that bad, it'll be quick and painless (I hope).
>>
>>18770584
used to die a lot in my dreams, mostly by falling from a great height. not so much anymore though. not sure why.
>>
>>18770741
That's pretty interesting. How long is this "shortly after"? I had at least five dreams where I didn't wake up after dying. First one I had was several years ago. I was fighting in the Black Gate battle and some faggot troll killed me but I after that I didn't wake up but instead went to some weird "heaven" where I could watch the rest of the battle. Does this mean I'm going to die soon? Or maybe I was supposed to die but for some reason I didn't?
>>
>>18770584
As a child I had such dreams almost every night.
2 dreams which came on again and again and again.

The first of these was me playing in the yard.
Suddenly agressive birds came down from the sky and ripped off my head.

The second one was me going to sleep in a barn on a stack of hay. Suddenly the lights went out and I could not move.
Then wolves came to eat me alive as I was paralyzed.

Both times I never woke up from it until much later.
The more I had these two almost always identical dreams the more I accepted them, aswell as my inevitable "being taken appart by forces well beyond me".

Obviously I am still alive. Yet I feel that these wolves are still taking me appart slowly, day by day.
Macabre allegory of a childs mind.
>>
Loads and loads, pretty much over it and don't get them at all anymore, usually you wake up but I've had some where I didnt, things get vague
>>
>>18771741
There was also another dream I remember and which happened very often to me.
This must have been when I was no older than 3 years old, and I still remember vividly every single detail of not only the dreams, but of everything that went on at my home.

I was lying in bed sleeping in my dream as suddenly a female entity lifted me out of bed, screaming into my face very loudly in a sick distorted voice, shaking me repeatedly until I forced myself to wake up.

The figure looked almost like the rotten samara from the horror movie "The Ring".
Nowadays I connect this dream to my ever sick relationship I always had to my mother.
>>
>>18771480
How did that dream change you?
>>
I had a dream once where I had fallen down a hole in the ground made by a snake, and he came in the top so I had no way out, and I couldn't move as the hole was narrow, but I paused and quit like it was a video game (I opened a menu).
>>
File: 1482847910323.jpg (51KB, 400x323px) Image search: [Google]
1482847910323.jpg
51KB, 400x323px
>>18770584
I still don't understand this picture. I see people always shrug it off and say she's just looking up and that it's perfectly normal.

Who tilts their head back at that insane angle to look up? That is completely unnatural looking. It's like her neck is broken.
>>
I had a dream last year where my family and i were all on a plane speeding down a runway, something happened where the plane was now falling apart and my family was all screaming around me. After the initial surprise of the event, we were going faster and faster and I felt myself just accept it. I looked my mother in the face and accepted I was dying.
>>
>>18770584
I usually wake up before I die though I feel pain and get hurt all the time without waking up. Last night a guy attacked me with a f****** lawn mower and I did wake up just before it struck. This is the same exact issue I have with lucid dreaming, it's just my subconscious mind is too lazy to deal with what is about to happen it just pulls the plug.
>>
>>18771956
Thinking about it I can recall being shot and plane crashes and vehicle crashes without surviving. I've been mauled by dogs and bears as well. Nope drowned a couple of times too. The worst was getting shot by two people I knew and they just left my body in a gutter and walked away and then I woke.
>>
Watching other people die in dreams is worse than dying myself. My dreams tend to be so concept rich and Vivid that the subtext of whatever is going on makes watching other people's demises not only horrifying put truly haunting upon waking up and remembering dreams.
>>
I was shot in the chest during a dream once (I don't remember the circumstances).

What I DO remember is that I immediately woke up, and it felt tingly and numb in the exact spot I had been shot. It was almost as if my brain/body had interpreted what happened as a real event, and was trying to react to the bullet wound, but there was no actually injury since it was a dream.

Has anyone else had anything similar happen to them?
>>
>>18771997
I feel the sensation of pain as im experiencing it in the dream but nowhere to the extent or intensity of what it would be like during waking. The way pain feels in my dreams is sort of the way some of the Body Sensations feel when I'm doing salvia.
>>
>>18770584

dying in a dream usually means rebirth or rejuvenation
>>
>>18771910
I kinda sorta dated the girl for a few months. Also tried to be less worried about the peanut gallery, but I do still worry about how I'm perceived probably too much.
>>
Figure this is a good place to ask: every time I wake up from a negative dream (not a nightmare, just anything that's notnpositive) my mouth tastes like ozone for like 5 minutes. I asked my wife if she could smell my breath but she said it wasn't anything out of the ordinary.
Does anyone else experience anything similar?
>>
>>18771542
>>18771750
same as these anons, i've died in many dreams. typically on days i'll have ~3 dreams that I remember, and in a month i have at least 4 dreams where I die.
most recent was being grabbed by a lion on a cliffside, its weight ended up pulling us both off the cliff and i remember thinking "so this is how i die? i wasted so much time".

I've read about interpreting dreams, and the interpretations are for the most part subjective. When I was reading about what dying meant, it was some sort of change occurring in your life that you are unsure about. Rings true for me, not sure about others who experience those kinds of dreams.
>>
>>18770584
Where is that picture from? I've seen it SO MANY times but never once anyone has posted source. I am intrigued.
>>
>>18771979
Op
This is so true. I've had dreams about my mom's death (she's alive) and I woke up and cried a little. My dogs dies a long time ago, but I keep having dreams of them being around the house, one of them looking dead with ears hanging off and blood all over her and no one else in the dream knows that they died already(they still play with them and everything) but me and it really shakes me when I remember the dreams
>>
File: fo0sn9.gif (336KB, 600x512px) Image search: [Google]
fo0sn9.gif
336KB, 600x512px
>>18771997
Once I realized I was in a dream so I tried to do something sexual. I wanted this girl to give me a bj. So when she started I could feel a really sharp pain in my testicles. When I made her stop the pain stopped so I just started experimenting. I tried to make myself cum even though the closer I got to finishing the more it hurt. Then the pain just got too much for me before I was able to finish and I woke up and my testicles were hurting for the next minute irl. I tried to see what it was online but found nothing about it
>>
>>18770584
>Then everything went black, all the pain went away, and iflt just felt like an off switch. It felt like nothingness, and it felt like the best thing I've ever felt. Just complete peace. And between that split second of blackness and me waking up I just had the thought "so this is death, huh?" I woke up and wrote down the dream in a book I keep.
Yes and it was exactly as you described. Happened multiple times. I hope it's actually like that.
>>
Yes. And it was involuntarily, I had to die in a sense and then I continued living as a ghost throughout the rest of the dream. It was really weird but I could tell I was dead because only loved ones could see me and my body was always cold to the touch. I Aldo remember feeling bad for my family because they were alive I think in the dream death was better it was like more freeing of an expirence.
>>
Three times that were significant. Two times were while involved in alien interactions and once was during and after a native American 'dream state' meeting.

I'm at work. I'll get back later to post details and read the thread.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.