[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

With all the weak paranormal horror recently in film with more

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: EyeDontSeeWhatYouMean.jpg (43KB, 400x434px) Image search: [Google]
EyeDontSeeWhatYouMean.jpg
43KB, 400x434px
With all the weak paranormal horror recently in film with more of a focus on psychological or real life horror (such as that Get Out film), does any director seem apt for adapting something like Junji Ito's work as a sort of revival of good old fashioned paranormal horror? Less damaged people, more cosmic horrors.
>>
>>18769650
Feel like Junji Ito strikes the perfect balance between cosmic horrors and damaged people
>>
>>18769665
How is that a balance? What's the difference between cosmic horror & damaged people. Synonym existence.
>>
>>18769665
But the damaged people aren't always just that. With a lot of big name horror (at least in western media), it focuses totally on the psyche of the damaged. Junji's casts are normally driven by some indescribable supernatural force. Everything from Glyceride to his opus Uzumaki, there's something there behind it all. A threat that is literally incomprehensible is more scary than something you can explain. "Oh, he's got X disorder, so that's why he does this." does not equate to unfathomable horrors.
>>
>>18769650
Maybe Ben Wheatley?
>>
>>18769681
yeah, but those are also metaphors for damaged people, which makes it beautiful. It heightens the reality by turning to the supernatural, and suggests the answer is somewhere between the two, in a way that the "he's got X disorder" kind of works can't
>>
all of junji ito's longer graphic novels have already been made into films.

dont watch any of them though they all suck really hardcore. like they suck SUPER BAD. kinda ruined the stories for me. such a shame.
>>
Man, do NOT start reading that book at midnight. I got to the part with the dad and the circular bath and now that image haunts me.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.