[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any theory that the life/universe is not linear? Something

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: oleg-zherebin-japan1.jpg (767KB, 1700x1354px) Image search: [Google]
oleg-zherebin-japan1.jpg
767KB, 1700x1354px
Is there any theory that the life/universe is not linear? Something like that the universe at one point implodes and starts from "zero" once it reaches that point where everything repeats again the same way.

>pic unrelated
>>
>>18768231
Well I can tell you that there is an eventual end where heat will not be able to be exchanged. Heat death.
>>
I feel like time isnt linear, like everything happened/is happening at the same time.
>>
>>18768231
How does it matter if the universe happens once or repeats infinitely? We would never know the difference. Every time we would be starting fresh with no memory of the last time.
>>
>>18768231
Your pic is actually related. Imagine if the girl with the umbrella took the other road on the fork. That's another timeline.

Back to your question: The only "theory" I can think of is Hindu cycle of the universe
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hindu_cycle_of_the_universe

>The universe expands as Brahmā exhales and contracts as Brahman inhales
>Brahmā inhales and falls asleep again, ending the universe as it is known, but taking all its constituents back into himself.
>>
>>18768349
I often feel the same way. It's like we process time linearly and that matches up with with the continuity of memory, but underneath it's all going right now
>>
>>18768231
Yes there is, but i won't be the one to tell you.

Go and read ancient Greek philosophy and learn it yourself.
>>
>>18768231
I sort of reached the conclusion that space wants to contract infinitely and so the default state for the universe is a point with minimum entropy. The only explanation I can offer for why it's moving outward right now is because I exist to observe this expansion.
>>
Time and space is like a stretched rubber band, when it gets to its limit all comes back to the beginning and it repeats itself, as matter and energy remains the same.
>>
>>18768714
You know this theory is outdated and not supported by evidence right
>>
>>18768720
>supported by evidence
> /x/
choose one
>>
>>18768720

Wrong. Evidence shows that it is almost certainly true. Its basically proven.
>>
>>18768742
>>/x/

Okay, which theories have evidence, memer smart dood?
Pic your favorite pop science theory, and present it with its supporting evidence.

Protip: This is a trick question.
>>
>>18768773
Wrong. The common consensus among physicists is heat death. The big crunch theory is outdated.

Even if your theory is right, it would make no difference to us. >>18768501
>>
big crunch or heat death.. they both end in singularity
>>
>>18768231
Well, since this is x, here's a thread that wraps up all of the "conspiracy theories" rather nicely, while giving a metaphysical understanding of the universe that jibes with the big bang-big crunch idea. Interesting read, if you're into that kind of thing.
>>
>>18768231
>>18769126
Forgot link, haha. http://www.illuminati-news.com/00363.html
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.