[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lucid Dreaming... Is it real or is it just a big joke? Is it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

Lucid Dreaming...

Is it real or is it just a big joke? Is it grossly over praised and isn't that good.

If it exists and is as good as everyone says, how do I experience them?
>>
>>18765710
Its real obviously.

>How to get them?
First you have to have good dream recall. You can't go right to lucid dreaming.
>>
>>18765710
>Anonymous
Is real.

You have to train your mind minutes before felt sleep.
>>
>>18765716

How do I know if I have good dream recall? If I don't how do I train it up?
>>
>>18765749
Easy. Start a dream journal, once you wake up write down what you recall.
>>
>>18765749
How will you know? Easy tou remember all your dreams.

If someone asked me what I dreampt about last night, I would say which one. An individual can experience any number of dreams a night, furthermore the dreams experienced aren't bound by time.

So it feels like an eternity from when you sleep and wake in the morning. To be quite honest its not something many can handle. Thats why the dreams are forgotten when awaking, the ego at the time of waking tries to over shadow your dremas with thoughts of its own.

What you have to do is realize you're not your ego, easier said than done
>>
Is astral projection literally just lucid dreaming?
>>
>>18766234
No its a different experience. Astral projection has duality. Lucid dreaming doesn't.

Lucid dreaming you know everything is you. What people call Astral projection is a complete different experience.

Of course you will get people who don't even dream that will try and explain the states, but you choose what you want to believe.

Alternatively, have the experience and find out yourself
>>
>>18765710
It is real, but it is also very hard to achieve.

And even if you achieve it, you might not have full control of your conscience and end up dreaming about the dumbest shit, or waking up as soon as you gain awareness that you're dreaming.
>>
It's real, and I've had a few of them, but they never last more than a few minutes, and my grasp on control and lucidity is tenuous. I'll forget that I'm in a dream and wander off doing normal dream things.

I get the feeling that my subconscious mind is trying to prevent me from getting too adept at lucid dreaming, because it knows I'm trying to gain more control over it through dreams, and we've always had a combative relationship.
>>
>>18766323
Maybe it's because you're unsure if you're in a dream or not so you try not to act too crazy just in case this might be real life.
>>
>>18766357

My dreams and actions definitely get weirder when I forget that I'm dreaming, not the other way around.
>>
File: 1487619364448.png (153KB, 350x406px) Image search: [Google]
1487619364448.png
153KB, 350x406px
>>18765710
You wont experience it until you've evolved enough spiritually, even then the conditions have to right.
It's not all that fun at first because it takes much time to master. It's very tiring (you feel like shit when you wake up from lack of deep sleep). Also you'll have false awakenings. Like inception style shit, you won't know if you're still dreaming or awake after a while.
And if you have a high star the beast will come for you. They wrap you up and try to pull you to the ground (through to hell?) The feeling is indescribable but is like someone ripping you apart at the atomic level. The only way to beat them off is through something deeper inside of us. I guess you'd call it love or light.
>>
>>18766460
You went from wise to autistic in the blink of an eye.
>>
>>18766499
Kek
>>
File: 1487957307501.jpg (63KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1487957307501.jpg
63KB, 640x640px
>>18766499
Just because you haven't experienced it doesn't mean it's not true. If you astral regularly and are not harassed by beings then you're lucky. Unfortunately I'm harassed by them quiet often, it's why I always shake myself out of sleep paralysis because I know where it is heading. I only have W.I.L.D.
>>
>>18765710
I trained myself over the course of a few months to recognize when i was in a dream (and to not get excited about the fact.)

Epic, bar the whole experience only happening about twice and lasting for what felt 30 seconds at most each time.

I ran down the street and jumped into the air and flew, and it felt fucking real.

I also jumped of a cliff of which i could not see the bottom and the feeling of weightlessness was crazy.

Smoking too much weed at the moment to reach the state again, good reason to have a break tho..
>>
File: study-thread-woman.jpg (251KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
study-thread-woman.jpg
251KB, 900x900px
>>18765710
I have pretty consistent sleep paralysis. I haven't had it in a long time but I can force myself to have it whenever I want to. When you have it it's extremely easy to slip into a lucid dream.

I also had an out of body experience from one a few months ago because I just decided to start floating during my paralysis. Not sure if it was a dream but I went down my stairs but kept re-appearing back on my bed if I went too far.

I'm not sure if my ability to do these is rare or not.

Anyway to answer your question: Yeah it's real as fuck when you're in it, but after you wake up you will remember it as if it were a dream with lost details over time.
>>
>>18766234
no even close. that shit is heavy not something to fuck with if you dont know what you are doing.
>>
>>18766305

>waking up as soon as you gain awareness that you're dreaming

This is constantly where I'm at. The moment I become aware, I get what I perceive as a few seconds before the waking world starts slipping in and poof.

Frustrating as fuck.
>>
I had my first near lucid moment the other night.

I dreamed my tooth was turned at 90 degree angle so i took my fingers and twisted it back into position and it started bleeding profusely. Then I noticed all my other teeth were loose and could wiggle back and forth and those started bleeding profusely.

Then I remembered that dreaming about your teeth falling out is supposed to be really common, like dreaming about flying or falling.
So I thought to myself "Wait....is this a dream?"

Then I thought "Nah, this is totally real."

So close.
>>
>>18766689

Body horror is usually a pretty good indicator, yeah. It's what got me to go lucid my first time.

I was in the dream version of the kitchen of a house I used to live in, and my hand had a huge chunk of it that had "rotted" into a weird chalky, cracked substance that sort of reminded me of floral foam (same color, at least), and so I started to wash the rot out in the sink. The stuff dissolved really fast and painlessly in water, and I was left with a third of my hand washed away.

That's when I thought "This doesn't seem medically possible, and I'm pretty sure I don't live here anymore," so I got a few minutes of lucid dream.
>>
>>18766726
Just got to get that extra step!
>>
>>18766756
Ive hade lucid dreams twice that can remember. Ages ago though.
I think I read somewhere that you can make habits and triggers when youre awake, that makes it easier for you to know when dreaming. But in a gentle way, so you dont instawake.
Some guy tattoed a few words on his wrist and made a habit of reading them relatively often. After a while he did it subconsciously. Also when he was dreaming. But in his dreams the words would sometimes change, or the letters would be in different colours, or just symbols without apparent meaning. This way he knew he was dreaming.

Supposed to work with the old kind of digital wristwatches too. Would show wierd symbols instead of numbers.
>>
>>18766820

Those are reality checks.

Some good ones are counting the number of fingers on you hand, looking at your watch for several seconds to make sure the numbers are consistent, and trying to breathe with your mouth closed and pinching your nose.

I successfully triggered lucidity once because I tried counting my fingers and new ones kept showing up or disappearing.
>>
Lucid dreaming is real and awesome nothing paranormal at all actually. But astral projection on the other hand is pretty nuts but i want it to be true
>>
>>18766460
>You wont experience it until you've evolved enough spiritually

A friend of mine lucid dreams a lot and he didn't even knew it was called that before I told him. He's also neither very religious nor very spiritual.
I also had a (short) lucid dream once that lasted for what felt like 2 minutes and it was fun, although I have no idea what "triggered" it because I certainly didn't try to have one that night.
>>
>>18765710
It's dope as fuck. I have a routine every night to try and force myself into lucid dreaming. Happens maybe 3-4 times a month.
>>
>>18765710
Had it once, I molested women and teleported.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.