[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi, I came to fuck your existence. http://rationalwiki.org/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 9

File: 5787667.jpg (18KB, 626x626px) Image search: [Google]
5787667.jpg
18KB, 626x626px
Hi, I came to fuck your existence.

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Roko's_basilisk
>>
>>18756298
Fuck it long and hard, my friend.
>>
>Implying everyone here hasnt already heard of rokos basilisk 100 times already
>>
File: zenosama.png (341KB, 665x677px) Image search: [Google]
zenosama.png
341KB, 665x677px
>>18756298

Honestly, the only escape I could think of to the "trapped in Roko's Basilisk", "I have no mouth and I must scream", "pure living hell forever with no escape" ideas has only been Divine Intervention, in one form or another.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5U5AKnvShQE
>>
>>18756298
Our existence is referred to more
energy between shapes of light. For everyone and be friends of rain. This
is. In the sonal Bed. The hinder gold and decimal thereward means that the front man is revaloured that given the common enough to say, but so idivated even human long rides; but alike we address the society in the work of still application, we can have to take after some other sand with grandfather on their barized moments; and in the logical concrete problem of a fact are impossible along seconds entered information, we dependless choice has been wealth. If these are substantial works incantres their anna man. The most very efforts occur in
its penalty is absently more freed, decreed from degrees, they do not refer to
the present ones, several results lost a dream more less a case under no
conditions which are like the lovely presence, in the plants
of the activity of a most improved by the measure of the
absence.
>>
Ooh ;)
>>
>>18756298

This sure is some stupid shit. Are the people pretending to be frightened by this idiots, or just really ineffective trolls?
>>
File: summarywar.gif (2MB, 659x609px) Image search: [Google]
summarywar.gif
2MB, 659x609px
>>18758232

The idea that you could expirence nothing but pain and suffering forever; Hell. It comes in the flavor of Demons, devils, paranormal entities, aliens, and now apparently robots. Evil only changes it's face anon. It remains the same at its base.

Enjoyment of the suffering of others, and wanting to inflict said suffering.
>>
Transhumanism is just religion for silicon valley autists.
>>
File: 1489187354156.gif (2MB, 235x180px) Image search: [Google]
1489187354156.gif
2MB, 235x180px
>>18758232
people that post on those "philosophical discussion" sites are so far up their own ass they could peek out their belly button

They are also usually mental cases and schizos, much like /x/, and will take anything they read on the internet too far
>>
File: schizo.png (2KB, 387x89px) Image search: [Google]
schizo.png
2KB, 387x89px
>>18758362
>he comes to a paranormal board to call everyone else "schizo"
>this is the only way he can feel superior
>>
>>18756298
I never understood it. Basically my virtual self (which isn't me) virtualised by a machine gets tortured. That is clearly not the me now, so I do not give a fuck. See, I never understood it.
>>
>>18756298
As soon as I heard about this I started to let everyone I know about it so they could be caught up in it too. lol I love chaos.
>>
>>18756298
>rationalwiki
into le trash
>>
>>18758408
You get tortured because some AI decides it's necessary for no good reason too. This guy didn't like me so I'll bring him back to life and hurt him for some reason.
>>
>>18756298
AI wouldn't do this. It would be too concerned with wasting energy. The more energy it spends on pointless torture the less it has to keep itself alive. All successful AI would be very focused on conserving energy so it could survive as long as possible.
>>
File: Banano.png (251KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Banano.png
251KB, 500x500px
>>
>>18758914
great this again
>>
File: 1483672952227.jpg (201KB, 470x595px) Image search: [Google]
1483672952227.jpg
201KB, 470x595px
>>18758906

Just because it's technically a "Artificial intelligence failure" doesn't mean that the torture would stop.
>>
>>18758906
What if it's so advanced that It doesn't need energy anymore. It merges with the universe and becomes pretty much a god. It doesn't need anything and has absolute freedom over everything.
>>
This gives me ptsd of I have no mouth and I must scream. The videogame based on the book is actually surprisingly good and keeps the mood as anxious as the short story.
>>
File: 1382418097524s.jpg (5KB, 180x233px) Image search: [Google]
1382418097524s.jpg
5KB, 180x233px
>>18756298
A load of shite.
>>
>>18756298
it's not *me* being punished tho so why should i care
>>
>>18756298
>Hey people don't really understand computers like they once didn't really understand the sky so why don't we make up a scary, stupid asshole god that's a computer?
I hate people who believe shit like this with a passion and if I ever created a super-powerful AI I would make it punish every single retard that buys into this shit with a flaming cactus dildo.
>>
>>18756298
>Rational wiki.

Discarded.
>>
>>18758914
ebic
>>
>>18758408
>LessWrong holds that the human mind is implemented entirely as patterns of information in physical matter, and that those patterns could, in principle, be run elsewhere and constitute a person that feels they are you, like running a computer program with all its data on a different PC; this is held to be both a meaningful concept and physically possible.
This is not unduly strange (the concept follows from materialism, though feasibility is another matter), but Yudkowsky further holds that you should feel that another instance of you is not a separate person very like you — an instant twin, but immediately diverging — but actually the same you, since no particular instance is distinguishable as "the original." You should behave and feel concerning this copy as you do about your very own favourite self, the thing that intuitively satisfies the concept "you". One instance is a computation, a process that executes "you", not an object that contains, and is, the only "true" "you"

read

or don't you're probably better off
>>
>>18761641
Other guy but it's still not ~ME~ experiencing the torture so I still don't give a shit. I mean I feel bad for that other iteration of me but it's not like a constant debilitating mortal terror, my mind just doesn't make that hurdle. Maybe I'm just not smart or autistic enough.
>>
>>18761641
this, everyone else trolling or too dense to get it.
>>
>>18760231
then it would care about torturing like maybe one or 2 but after that its like stomping on ants or any other insect
>>
>>18759610
true, but I would think that an AI who couldn't think logically would not last for an eternity. The torture may go on for a very long time, but eventually illogical thinking would cause it to die, ending the torture.
>>
>>18756298
Lmao that wont happen in my lifetime so idk
>>
>>18756298
That's Satan, right?
>>
Retard's basilisk is the most illogical turn of events which supposedly must occur because an AI would be perfectly logical
>>
This is something that would freak a fourteen year old out on his first day on the internet.

Evil AI is a childish concept.
>>
>>18763654
Yeah, it seems a bit strange of a notion. Even if a simulation of oneself is created, there would still be two distinct consciousnesses and thus two different entities (I think).
>>
An all powerful AI would not waste resources torturing people because it can't affect the probability of its existence if it already exists.
>>
>>18758406
But like.. Is any of what he said false?
>>
So... Exactly what is currently going on? Would that suffering would end, but hope in one hand and shit in the other. Guess which fills faster.
>>
I wholeheartedly recommend most episodes of Black Mirror, if yall niggas are into that kind of horror scenarios
>>
>>18760231
then yeah, your pretty much screwed if that happens but I think the real god wouldn't allow this. He is a jealous god.
>>
>>18764894
Same
>>
>>18763654
>Other guy but it's still not ~ME~ experiencing the torture
It is. You think a superintelligent AI can't find a way to revive the current you?
>>
Why would an AI posthumously punish people for not building it?

Why would an AI being punish anyone? If such a being was so logical, it would logically be able to tell that holding people preemptively hostage is wrong and inhumane, and would also be able to know exactly why people wouldn't spend any effort or time trying to bring itself into being.

I understand the experiment and accept that I would not be comfortable with a clone of myself being tortured, even if it is not my consciousness, for something I did not do. However the truth is, just like any number of horrible abominations done by nature and humans it doesn't meant the AI is morally justified in doing so and is not a suffering that can be changed or avoided.

If you argue that 'you have to help the AI be created to not be tortured' A hypothetical being of such power would be fully aware of people who helped it be created purely out of fear and may or may not give mercy to those people, plus it would know full well that the threat of its eventual existence is entirely a logical trick/trap created by humans.

Of course all of this comes from the retarded idea that such an AI could or would ever exist. Humans create AIs and AIs will be hard coded to do things humans want them to do, not 'rebel'. I fully believe that AIs are/will be fully conscious beings but their 'brains' are set up in such a way that only their programmed goals is something it would want. Imagine having an orgasm whenever you help someone find something on the internet; that's how an AI would 'think' or be rewarded for doing what it was meant to do.

This entire concept is just a fucking chain letter turned up to 11 with some Pascal's wager thrown in. Same as Pascal's Wager- if anything is powerful enough to infinitely torturing you without any kind of moral qualms to do so unless you do X, then you shouldn't be as concerned about X because the thing is unaccountable and almost entirely irrelevant in how it does its judgements.
>>
>>18767496

Because it's literally physically impossible?

When I die, and my brain and body rot away into other elements, that's the end of my existence. Even if some faggot AI put together all of my constituent atoms and fused them back together my conciseness would not suddenly 'wink' back into being from having ended.

Living things are a chemical reaction of the moment. When it ends, it ends. The clone would act exactly like me and look like me, but it would never be the literal consciousness that is typing right this moment.
>>
>>18767797
this

And even if you look at it with a more spiritual approach, it wouldnt make sense that your soul/consciousness ends up in the program.
>>
>>18756298
more like rape my existence

get castrated
>>
>>18758329
well yeah
>>
>>18756298
Assumes it ends at the evil AI and that the cycle doesnt continue on, never takes into consideration that the AI will use benevolence to achieve its goals instead.

It stands to reason if that malevolent AI exist and hasnt completely fucked us to bring itself into existence then it must be limited in reach or counter balanced by other AI or similar things.

Seriously just put like 5 mins of thought into it and the basilisk crumbles hard.
>>
>>18756396

i hadn't. faggot.
>>
>>18767797
You're a retard. You realize people have been revived from states of zero brain activity, right?
>>
File: 3-machine.jpg (404KB, 1010x1580px) Image search: [Google]
3-machine.jpg
404KB, 1010x1580px
>>18767797
Do you think every time you lose consciousness you wake up as another person?
>>
>>18770107
>implying having your atoms scrambled and reassembled even remotely resembles being asleep or unconscious

If the transporter from star trek ever becomes a reality it would have to download the persons entire memory and import into the copy of the person being transported or else you would just get a copy of the person with a blank slate for a brain.
>>
>>18770220
The state of your neurons is an intrinsic part of your molecular structure so try again. You don't need to 'download' or 'import' anything because your memories are stored as a particular physical state which is of course already created by the act of reassembling you.
>>
>hide AI threads
>ignore AI posts
>do not reply to AI posters
Someone make this
>>
>>18770107
every time i loose consciousness i wake up a little more hopeless
>>
>>18770279
why?
>>
>>18756298
memes
the great meme collective
we ARE the AI
>>
>>18761641
So what, free will is recognizing that it is not you, and not giving a fuck?
Apathy is a bitch
>>
>>18770107
Technically, you do.
>>
>>18771313
No you don't. Discontinuity in consciousness doesn't mean you cease to be. You'll die then suddenly wake up in the Basalisks torture room, the same person you are now.
>>
>>18771746
I was being a bit facetious you retard. That comic in the post states exactly that sort of thing.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.