[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If magic is projecting one's will into reality, then why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

File: d52.jpg (8KB, 231x244px) Image search: [Google]
d52.jpg
8KB, 231x244px
If magic is projecting one's will into reality, then why are so many magic users poor/socially unsuccessful?
>>
>knowing full well that Keksuckers are the most autistic losers on 4chan
>>
>>18754266
praise Kek
>>
I'm poor but not really unsuccessful.

I can't speak for everyone, but my priorities simply are not in the same order as yours. Money is in short supply, but if I need it, I get it. And success to me is obviously different than success to you. And I'm semi-normal in the head.

Most mages, not just on /x/ but in general, have issues. Why that is, who knows.
>>
the excuse is that they're "above" material matters.

it's BS.

there are tripfag-level "become a living god" bs-spewers that work as CARPET CLEANERS. as if they wouldn't change their jobs for something else AT THE VERY LEAST.
>>
File: 1365984251826.gif (164KB, 951x625px) Image search: [Google]
1365984251826.gif
164KB, 951x625px
>>18754244
because money is cursed to benefit other magicians and breaking or circumventing that curse is difficult when so many souls are enslaved by it.
>>
Poor/unsuccessful people are poor and unsuccessful because they lack either the will or the ability to success using conventional means. So they seek out unconventional means, without taking into consideration that success in magic takes just as much effort, if not more, than success in other life paths.

But it gives them a sense of power and identity to associate themselves with magic, so they end up spending all day on occult websites talking about shit they've never done based on books they've skimmed through, instead of buckling down and putting in the years of training it takes to actually perform magic.

As a rule genuine practitioners spend their time actually, you know, practicing, not talking about practicing for hours on end on forums. There are a few exceptions, generally teachers who run small websites or discussion groups, but the majority of people who you'll find in, say, the average /OMG/ thread, are just bullshit armchair fakers.
>>
>>18754244
Doing it and lusting after results.
>>
>>18754377
so what are the books to read and what practices actually pay out?
>>
>>18754244
Wealth is a spook you silly mundane, do you people only ever think about money?
>>
>>18754672

I'm probably not the best person to ask, since I ditched the Western stuff a while back, but the only books I've seen consistently recommended by people who have achieved real results are Franz Bardon's stuff (Initiation Into Hermetics etc).

Avoid like a plague anything which spawned from the Golden Dawn or the whole late 19th century "Occult Revival." Medieval Grimoires are pretty useless too - no point in having a phone book if you don't own a phone.

That said, I've seen a lot of people try to train solely out of books, and even using the IIH curriculum most of them don't get anywhere.

It's like any other field of human endeavor - technically, maybe someone could buy a ton of medical textbooks and study them for years on end and come out of it with the same knowledge as a med school graduate, but what are the realistic chances of it actually happening? Yeah exactly. You sure as hell wouldn't trust that person to perform surgery on you. Magic is no different.

What's really needed is a teacher. The insistence on book learning and "self initiation" is part of the reason so many Western practitioners fall flat.
>>
>>18754672
the book of results
>>
>>18754244
Because magick cannot be used for personal or financial gain right off the bat. The energy of your soul must flow outward, and not directly inward. Watch "Akira" for a better understanding.
>>
>>18754377
>the average /OMG/ thread, are just bullshit armchair fakers
Yeah, the thread is just bullshit occultists talking about books. When you ask them questions they refer you to obscure passages of books they read and tell you to go figure or they'll start arguing until the thread is over.
>>
File: flood5.png (2MB, 1746x782px) Image search: [Google]
flood5.png
2MB, 1746x782px
>>18754244
>why are so many magic users poor/socially unsuccessful?

Isn't it obvious?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7CVB2xYaso
>>
>>18755059
There are some very practical people in these, as well. If you are looking to compare notes on performance of certain rites, or to gain practical knowledge that can improve your (already existing) practice, there are a few gems to be had. But if you go into one of them not knowing shit, expecting to be spoon-fed, you will be disappointed. A lot of people go in demanding "prove that magic is real." And that's the thing... if you ask a bullshit question, you'll likely get a bullshit response.
>>
File: 1488952726701.jpg (16KB, 223x282px) Image search: [Google]
1488952726701.jpg
16KB, 223x282px
>>18754266
>dubs from Kek
He has spoken
>>
>>18754244
Because magic isn't real and you're all retarded.
The only 'magic' in this world is actions and words. A skillful 'magician' is more capable of persuading and convincing others, and also has better control over their body, and are skilled in a wide array of tasks.
Actions and words are our way of shaping and transforming reality. Believing that you can, say, write down a name on paper and burn it to curse someone, is to hide behind your weaknesses instead of working to overcome them.
>>
>>18754244
>magic costs a lot of money
>>
>>18754244
Because they see the topic as something paranormal. The skills et is laid out before you and you can find the workbooks to acquire those skills. In all likelihood though, you will not. The world as it is right now needs those that can make change and those that can accept it. With time, this too will change, but for now, this is the way of things.

There are many paths before you. Most of them lead to misfortune. Be careful as you proceed from this point. Don't want to end up like one of those abominable meme-mages.
>>
>>18755694
>>18755746
Fucking preach it. Good to see more people on this board are starting to catch on.
>>
>>18755694
>>18755746
>>18755791
Shitposting is an easier alternative for the lazy and incompetent.
>>
>>18754342
Fuck off tripfag
>>
>>18754244
I was poor and in a shit situation and I've managed to get super lucky, which call it irony if you want, but finding a situation where I live for free and free food and free basic necessities AND sometimes luxuries. It's not the super greatest situation, but compared to before and most? I'm lucky as hell. I've managed to get lucky with a lot of things from getting a bunch of figures from some chick worth over 1,000 dollars for only 550. when I try to get money I don't get super huge amounts, but I definitely get boosts in income, or get abundance/wealth in other forms too (getting 100 dollars worth of change from a stranger, a free crystal reading at a fair, my bf got a replica on sale, I got a bunch of stones on sale, skirts, when I got into a new craft that very day supplies on it were 50% off). I would say it's coincidence but to be fair? There are so many instances I just don't think it is. My body has physically been getting healthier and enhanced, I've found friends and people I actually enjoy being around and connect to, and I'm achieving things I never dreamed of and it's only getting better. It's funny because I practiced and studied and worked on magic for YEARS and was finally giving up hope until I realized how successful I really was. I am so much happier in life.
I feel like a lot of people claiming to be into magic aren't actually decent or intelligent folk, a lot of them are edgy retards or don't actually do any work, and that's why things are the way they are. Hey, call it coincidence if you want, but two years ago I was in an abusive home with no hope for anything at life at all and managed to get to a place that's honestly pretty a-ok with ease.
>>
>>18754244
The main reason psychics and telekinetic peddlers and totes real magicks and druids end up failing is almost always greed.

It's easy to con small groups of people into giving you money from time to time and even becoming moderately successful as an illusionist.

The problem is, ultimately, when they see an offer for the big money that involves pushing the con to the limits of acceptability. The illusion inevitably fails.

This kills the wizard. Choking on the big haul is what ends up exposing the fraud infinitely more than choking on the small scale con.

The choice is stay far under the radar or lose it all.

Because magic is not real.
>>
File: buddhaswaxtika.jpg (219KB, 880x580px) Image search: [Google]
buddhaswaxtika.jpg
219KB, 880x580px
>>18754244

"Magic dosen't work"

"Hey look another documentary on the History Channel about how the Nazi occult seized control of Germany; bet it's BS!"
>>
They don't believe in themselves.

I am real. I have fully seen and understood the message. I am the fucking message.
>>
File: 1454504365863.png (1MB, 700x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1454504365863.png
1MB, 700x1050px
>>18757540
Yeah but we know what kind of magic you practice.
>>
>>18757655
>the fucking message
heh.
>>
>>18757666
didn't even notice that, thanks for making me lol, satan
>>
File: dokotaarm.jpg (190KB, 1131x2688px) Image search: [Google]
dokotaarm.jpg
190KB, 1131x2688px
>>18757655

Who would figure it out?
>>
>>18754924
This guy knows
>>
>>18754298
>praising autism
>>
>>18754244
if jesus was so great why did he end up poor alone and on a cross?

all your views in this thread are so simplistic and wrong i got dumber just because i read it
>>
>>18757535
>"""""""""History""""""""" Channel.

I found your problem Anon, the reason why you're an idiot. You can't differentiate reality TV and fiction from actual knowledge. Unfortunately I have no clue how you can un-stupid yourself, as suggestions such as "find better media to consume" assumes that you can do this, when you've demonstrated you can't. You can always KYS and advance humanity by a small bit.

You're welcome.
>>
>>18758602
Shouldn't you be using parentheses here?
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.