[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's settle this once and for all, /x/: What does REALLY

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 8

File: off.gif (921KB, 320x213px) Image search: [Google]
off.gif
921KB, 320x213px
Let's settle this once and for all, /x/:

What does REALLY happen to our consciousness when we die?
>>
>>18749832
There is no death
>>
>>18749839
What happends then
>>
No one really knows, we have always existed, our consciousness starts when we exist so even trying to come to terms with nothingness its just impossible for our brain to do so.

We dont know.
>>
>>18749832
The amount of different theory is astronomical.

To pinpoint it with any accuracy would be near impossible at this point in time.

There will never be a settling "once and for all".
And quite frankly the idea is retarded.

There are religious, scientific, personal experience, comical, theoretical idea's to the big question.

What comes next?

I don't know, nor will you ever.
>>
>>18749844
Why don't you go to a gun store, make a purchase, and find out for yourself
>>
>>18749832
We share the earth with the living, and we exercise our will upon inanimate objects with poor results.
>>
>>18749857
Nah, not a depressed weeb like you /:
You should though, your parents would probably encourage it, I sure would
>>
>>18749881
>>18749857
Take your stupid /b/tarded bickering to /b/

>>18749865
That's ironically funny and i c wut u did thur.
n1 m8.
>>
>>18749881
Transcending this existence does not equate to depression
What you think is death is just the next stage
You can choose to leave everything behind and move on if you want to
Faggot
>>
>>18749892
Salty faggot ? you're obviously depressed, end it already
>>
>>18749902
I'm not here for anything, how could I be depressed
>>
>>18749907
You tell me. Daddy issues ?
>>
Just ignore/hide/filter him.

Anyways.

>>18749892
Can you explain why you believe that?
>>
>>18749832
Some of it is linked to your body and is separated from you the moment your body die. Other layers dissolves when you proceed to the state where you are stripped to the core and able to reincarnate.
>>
It goes up my butt, anon. RIGHT UP THERE.
>>
>>18749832
I personally think it just stops existing, our brain doesn't work anymore so it cannot keep on doing what it did, its work is done and so are our memories, emotions, thoughts and such, the brain with the rest of the body goes into dirt and physically becomes an integral part of the universe. It's not as depressing as it sounds when you think about it in a big perspective, but still, I think it's such a waste of something really unique
>>
>>18749832
heaven or hell
>>
>>18750436
Christian schill get the fuck out.
>>
Your consciousness is sent out to become a new flat earth
>>
>>18749832
It disappears.
>>
>>18749845

>No one really knows
>Spews a bunch of bullshit that has no evidence or merit as fact
>We don't really know

kek

>trying to come to terms with nothingness its just impossible for our brain to do so

Actually it's quite easy to comprehend nothingness. Have you ever been knocked out before, or experienced dreamless sleep? It is the same concept.
>>
>>18749832
>What does REALLY happen to our consciousness when we die?
You either go to heaven or go to hell.
>>
>>18749832
I hope it just vanishes.
>>
File: 1390388674962.jpg (28KB, 451x600px) Image search: [Google]
1390388674962.jpg
28KB, 451x600px
>>18749832
Depends on whether your buried or cremated.
Cremated your conscience is dispersed into the atmosphere where you become a part of a sleeping giant. (there is no heaven vs hell, it is the same for all of us). Buried you rot slowly into the earth and your energy is dispersed much slower into the ground but the result is the same.
>>
>>18750649
>implying you've experienced and can recall being unconscious after being knocked out

Also what specific parts of what he said are bullshit? Do you have any counter arguments that have evidence?
>>
>>18750649
No, the concept you have is the absence of time and space, in comparcion of being awake, after.

The record just skips.

You can't experience nothing.
>>
>>18749832
All I can say is that your soul is either delivered to salvation if you are bound to God through the Holy Spirit, much like a tether, or you will fall into suffering for the Devil drags you down and you have no strength to lift yourself up.
>>
http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-2718
>>
>>18750666
Satans lies.
>>
File: aishiteru.gif (162KB, 80x160px) Image search: [Google]
aishiteru.gif
162KB, 80x160px
>>18750701
>do evil shit
>the lord of evil punishes you

???
>>
>>18750701
Cristianism is shit on afterlife, im glad that it isn´t true to me.
>>
>>18749832
There are a lot of interesting accounts of near death experiences on nderf.org. Not all of them can be liars or fools, can they?

At the very least, it helps put the mind at ease.
>>
File: 1384293993133.jpg (45KB, 270x317px) Image search: [Google]
1384293993133.jpg
45KB, 270x317px
>>18750701
You read the wrong book.
>>
>>18749832
t b h
the most probable answer is just nothing, it will be like before we were born we are just nothing with no thoughts or feelings

but i (((personally))) believe when we die we just pop out of our bodies into a higher (or lower depending on ur vibration) dimension
>>
>>18750711
It doesn't care and is the prince of lies. It wants all people to suffer. It will use people as tools and throw them away. Its ultimate goal is to drag all to Hell, hence the apple.
>>
>>18750723
>nderf.org

Reads like a bunch of DMT trip reports, to be honest...
>>
>>18750711
I think it's less of punishment and more of consistency

Plus if you love doing evil, why would you not do evil to your followers? It wouldn't make sense to do good to them
>>
>>18750763
> i know and understand satan 100% its not like he was a fallen angel with semigod power and wisdom of eons.

Fucking ignorant pig.
>>
File: heavenly_vehicle.jpg (14KB, 270x342px) Image search: [Google]
heavenly_vehicle.jpg
14KB, 270x342px
You first off must understand that to find out that answer, you would have to also believe there is a "you" inside your human body. The real you is not your human body, but rather the Mind occupying it. It is like your human body is a vehicle for the consciousness. There are layers of Truth that half to be discovered before you can assure your destination of the Mind. But otherwise, what you believe will happen is what you will experience even though it will be artificial until deeper Truth is revealed.
>>
>>18750800
have*** not half i was thinking about half when saying have and typed half. my mind is crazy.
>>
>>18750772
Yeah. It's up to you what to make of that. I don't want to make the impression that I know anything because I don't. I only know that reading some of those accounts helped me when I was worried about death myself.

Total certainty about what happens when we die can never be achieved while we are alive but I like to believe that we don't fade away into nothingness at least.
>>
>>18750793
Your hatred to others shows that something is wrong.
>>
>>18750723
I don't think they are liars but the experiences are caused by abnormalities in the brain.
>>
>>18750829
Or he's right and you're a ignorant peon with the pea sized understanding of your own religion.

Jesus Christ.

You Yaweh faggots are unbelievably gullible.
>>
>>18750845
That is the easiest assumption to make when we think all conscious experience is derived from the brain. There are cases of veridical perception where people had flatlined activity on an EEG and they were able to perceive doctors and nurses trying to resuscitate them. They described the process with a degree of accuracy that shocked the team doing the resuscitation.

Honestly I don't get into arguments about this anymore, I just present the anecdotes. Which are usually pushed away with anecdotes are not proof. Or calling the whole experience a hallucination due to hypoxia.

We will all find out one day, or not.
>>
religion is a tool to control the masses. stay woke

when you die, you die. Game over dude.
>>
>>18749832
Do you remember how it was before you were born?

Thats how it will be after you die...
>>
the instance you die, you wake up at judgement day as if no time passed.
>>
>>18750845
That's what I thought at first too, but then I heard the story of Eben Alexander. I don't want to argue and I've got nothing to prove. Look him up if you're curious. Ignore this post otherwise. You can have all the sources in the world but in the end believing in life after death comes down to faith.
>>
>>18750910
But fat balding german autists just go straight to hell
>>
>>18750941
good. then i wont go there.
im not balding.
>>
File: IMG_0151.jpg (10KB, 334x151px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0151.jpg
10KB, 334x151px
Alright I will tell you my personal opinion.
If your brain shuts down, you never know you existed, you never think, everything goes black but you don't know because your brain shuts off. So basically you never remember what your life was. So the past merely exists, the future is basically non existent, you don't exist, its all about now, all you have is the present. Really. Because the past is memory, and the future is really a fuzzy subject. Its like we're living a paradox.All you can truly prove is the present and the past. This is just a single theory I think about alot although Im a catholic man and all. But I am also open minded. Its just so weird. I leave and take some theories and logics from Truthcontest.com
Truthcontest.com - the present teaches you a lot about what happens at the moment and at death. Its well made. All Im asking you is to read the first 3 pages of it online and you'll be hooked.
It really moved a lot of people.
So if you feel really torn up, read Truthcontest.com.
>>
>>18750941
plus, judgement day happens before i die.
>>
>>18750872
That's why I want cameras in hospitals to see if what they saw while dead matches the video recording.
>>
>>18750943
The presumably more famous Hanz sure is
>>
>>18750695

>Implying

My point was that there is nothing to recall. It simply is before you were knocked out/passed out and if you are alive; after.

>>18750697

You're right to a degree. It's called being dead. Death is the ultimate in experience of inexperience. At that point you are no different from your pen as far as consciousness goes.
>>
>>18751188
>It simply is before you were knocked out/passed out and if you are alive; after.

Exactly, which is why you can't comprehend that state. Therefore it's not "quite easy to comprehend".
>>
>>18749832
Nothing. You die. You cease to exist. Hasta la vista, baby!
>>
>>18750523
Best
>>
>>18749832
Systemspace.link
See you in another System!
>>
>your brain shuts down
>you got to hell or heaven
>spaghetti monster eats you up
>>
>>18750763
>tfw evil man smites you because he's evil, but then the big strong nice man tjat loves you for literal eternity might also smite you?

Alright then
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XA2axbKxcoQ
>>
That's how you all become trees in your second life. Then they chop you done and print bibles out of you.
>>
File: image.jpg (85KB, 400x534px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85KB, 400x534px
21Martha then said to Jesus, “Lord, if You had been here, my brother would not have died.

22“Even now I know that whatever You ask of God, God will give You.”

23Jesus said to her, “Your brother will rise again.”

24Martha said to Him, “I know that he will rise again in the resurrection on the last day.”

25Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me will live even if he dies,

26and everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die. Do you believe this?”
>>
>>18749844
You wake up from your game, your friends around you congratulate on your play-through then you all have a space orgy for a few thousand years before going back in to give it another go.
>>
>>18752045
how does an orgy last that long?
>>
>>18750772

Coincidentally, the pineal gland releases a fuckton of DMT upon death

really makes you think
>>
>>18752013
>tfw double smited in both holes by two big strong dieties
>>
>>18752056
I think he implied we're immortal aliens with not much else to do running simulations for the lels
In which case why not fuck for thousands of years?
>>
>>18752082
It does in rats. We don't know if it does for humans but it kinda makes you wonder how that's something we don't know.
>>
>>18749832
there's no single answer
>>
>>18750649
my mind just sorta skips over that shit...
if my sleep is dreamless, the last thing i recall is always laying myself down to sleep
I don't want to die if it's nothing
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.