[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>in meditation you stay still which lets your body rest a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: garfeld.jpg (30KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
garfeld.jpg
30KB, 320x320px
>in meditation you stay still which lets your body rest a bit so it's like a glorified form of napping
>soon religious groups decide to adopt napping because why not, it's better than doing rituals
>people start reporting that they feel better after a nap
>others agree and spread the word to be part of the hype
>researchers find out that napping is healthy
>the religious attribute mystical properties to napping and make up pseudo-philosophical reasons why it's great
>a few fall victim to hypnagogic hallucinations and think it's magical
When did you fell for the meditation meme?
>>
Did you jerk off before or after you posted this?
>>
>>18741155
Before
>>
File: 111111.jpg (3KB, 48x65px) Image search: [Google]
111111.jpg
3KB, 48x65px
>>18741149
Lol, meditation never worked for me.
>>
>>18741172
Because you are doing it wrong
>>
File: 11146.jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
11146.jpg
7KB, 225x225px
>>18741180
Its basically emptying your mind and focussing on nothing isn't it?
>>
>>18741190
No, dont suppress your thoughts just observe them without interacting with them, and you should focus on your breathing
>>
>>18741190
>>18741209
Thats only one way to meditate, after a while you can do chakra meditation, or skin breathing meditation, you can even practice elemental magic
>>
Meditation, when used correctly, can modify and alter the state of consciousness. While it is true that you retards can sit still and clear your mind to relax yourself, you're only dipping your toes in the water. If you can't even clear your mind and enjoy the chemical processes that occur, you need a fucking teacher or you have ADHD.

Similarly to chemicals that are released in the brain while you are very happy, imaginative, fearful, or while you are asleep, your brain can produce large quantities of these chemicals through altered states. Meditation is not these altered states, it is merely what 'drives' you to them. These states are literally drug-like, carrying extreme emotion and sometimes even forms of hallucinations. This process is through the 'shutting off' of senses, similar to sensory deprivation. Ever heard of people tripping ass in deprivation tanks? You can do that while sitting your lardy fat ass on your desk chair, I promise.

When you understand how your mind chooses to release these feelings, and when you realize that in a meditative state (a 'blank slate' so to say) you can cause your mind to release whatever you like, maybe you can also stop shitposting on anonymous cocksucker forums.

>b-but that's just a placebo!
No shit wise guy. Your mind will believe whatever the fuck is wants with nearly no limits if you allow it. Except the chemicals that are released into your system because of those beliefs are very, very real.
>>
Poor OP, stupid as fuck
>>
>>18741149
Here's a study proving that the jhanas have specific effects on the body's reward chemicals that are different from napping: https://www.hindawi.com/journals/np/2013/653572/
>>
>>18741331
"Reward systems" is probably a better term than "reward chemicals"
>>
>>18741149
wait what? You talked about napping but then you ask about meditation as if you are assuming religious people are saying napping/sleeping is meditation.

Im very confused but either way, there have been scientific studies done on meditation. So don't open your mouth until you have fully explored supporting and non-supporting evidence.
>>
>>18741180
What he means to say is that he was expecting some crazy mystical paranormal change to occur within his body or mind. When that didn't happen, he claimed no significant change without any actual measurements.

So what he is actually saying is, "I did it, i didn't notice anything, therefore I can conclude with 100% confidence that nothing is going on based on no evidence."
>>
File: 1488850828083.png (332KB, 388x566px) Image search: [Google]
1488850828083.png
332KB, 388x566px
>>18741341
>You talked about napping but then you ask about meditation as if you are assuming religious people are saying napping/sleeping is meditation.
Of course, friend, religious people would NEVER, EVER say such a low-bro activity like napping is anything like meditation or touch this subject within a ten-foot pole.
I, op, did it, I said meditation is in fact like napping, and by doing so I unraveled their entire scheme and blew meditation shills the fuck out.
For them, any less-than-stellar outcome in meditation is because you did it wrong and meditation is flawless. That's when they give you their long pamphlet on the ""right"" way to meditate. Don't fall for the scam, kid.
>>
>>18741456
What are you gaining by posting in this fashion?
>>
>>18741456
>For them, any less-than-stellar outcome in meditation is because you did it wrong and meditation is flawless. That's when they give you their long pamphlet on the ""right"" way to meditate.
Yeah, and every time I play the guitar it sounds like crap! Jimi Hendrix is a con artist!
>>
>>18741456
Do you do this every time someone asks you a serious question? I'm trying to treat you like a normal person but you are coming off as an passive aggressive know it all who can't be bothered to be misinterpreted.
>>
>>18741456
Have you considered that the meditation meme could be a coverup for a true and more powerful meme? Meditation is just to throw off the scent :^) all the religions of the world are in on it too, as far back as written history of meditation goes.
>>
>>18741456
So you are saying that religious people do indeed think sleeping=meditation? Or are you just saying that to make religious people look dumber than you?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (38KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
38KB, 1280x720px
>>18741456
>>
>>18741456
>there is absolutely no possible way i did this wrong, this is all fake
lol wtf
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.