[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

From reading all the stories I've seen here and a few other

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

From reading all the stories I've seen here and a few other sites I've managed to compile a list of distinct creatures:

Skinwalker
>lives in the forest
>encounters range from lone creatures to packs
>average height is 8 feet, size varies as they can also shapeshift, can be as high as 12 feet when in its true form
>emits a metallic/coppery odor, probably a sign it's in the process of shapeshifting
>looks like a muscular, deformed human with a horrid face, reported to have fur in certain stories tho could have been a different creature
>shapeshifts to any human, can mimic voice but has a hard time mimicking behavior and grammar
>attacks its victim when alone
>infiltrates human groups often

Indian Witch
>mostly in Indian territory obviously (non American here, you burgers will have to help me out)
>live in solitude
>can shapeshift to any animal it's wearing its skin
>mostly malevolent

Crawler (never seen this creature being named)
>lives in forest
>pale, white, skinny, crawls on all four; kinda looks like Golum from LOTR
>can mimic voices
>intelligent enough to use simple mechanic gadgets or plan ahead
>easily frightened

Dogman
>lives in the forest
>encounters range from lone creatures to few
>social creature; can call for backup
>8 feet tall werewolf-like creature
>muscular and highly resistant to damage
>hates loud noises
>intelligent enough to use equipment

Gnomes
>exist throughout all of the world
>appear mostly in rural areas but not necessarily forest
>walk diagonally for some reason

Add any you know. We should probably compile an /x/ Cryptopedia for these creatures.
>>
Manticore
>known to appear only in suburb gardens or forests
>size of a bobcat, horrid human face with a body of a cat and pitch black eyes
>can paralyze with fear, sends some sort of ultrasonic waves when opening its mouth
>>
some gnomes travel diagnoally but most don't tbqh. especiallly here in england
>>
>>18730910
Skinwalkers don't live in forests. Skinwalkers are actually Native American Witches in their human form. Skinwalkers mimic human voices in order to lure victims to them. They're supposed to be a bit demonic due to their evil ways, hence the deformed form when not a human.
>>
>>18731157
I know the original meaning was the Native American Witch, but /x/ uses it mostly for the forest creatures, and that's what I meant. Should have been obvious since I've listed Indian Witches separately.

And don't tell me that those are Witches too, it wouldn't explain why they're muscular, 8 feet tall (or higher) and have trouble building sentences, if they're human after all.

The two are definitely different entities.
>>
>>18731455
also I'd like to add there are stories of them from different parts of the world, so there.
>>
>>18730910
Okay, you've got this skinwalker and indian witch thing backwards.

The things that native americans call skinwalkers (naagloshi) are Holy Men and magical practitioners who, through heinous crimes and profane rituals, gain the ability to shapeshift into different animal forms, but their spirits were corrupted. The corrupted Messengers from the Holy people (kind of a fallen Angel analogue) that taught the first Skinwalkers how 2 ebil are also sometimes called naagloshi by the natives, so presumably you could also call them skinwalkers.

The 4chan meme monster that took the name:

>lives in the forest
>average height is 8 feet, size varies as they can also shapeshift, can be as high as 12 feet when in its true form
>emits a metallic/coppery odor, probably a sign it's in the process of shapeshifting
>looks like a muscular, deformed human with a horrid face, reported to have fur in certain stories tho could have been a different creature
>shapeshifts to any human, can mimic voice but has a hard time mimicking behavior and grammar
>attacks its victim when alone
>infiltrates human groups often

Is often called a fleshgait.
>>
>>18733626
What do you know about the native american one? Anything else interesting?
>>
>>18730910
Lel
>>
>>18730910
What you need to do is do some further research, write up a full bestiary, and get it published. I'd buy it.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.