[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your thoughts on the Spear of Destiny? For the uninformed:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 9

What are your thoughts on the Spear of Destiny?

For the uninformed: It's the spear the Roman soldier used to stab Jesus as he hung from the Cross. It's believed to possess immense power and has been sought throughout history by many people, including Hitler.

There are several spearheads believed to be the real one. Many think it can be utilized to incredible potential.
>>
Dubious to say the least.
>>
>>18730649

Does the spear of destiny exist?

Only one gospel mentioned the event, but I'd say yes! Poking the corpse with a spear was a simple and effective way to check if somebody was still dead or alive. It's highly probable that it was done at some point before Jesus was taken down from the cross. Therefore, such a spearhead is likely to exist or have existed at some point in the past.

Does the spear hold supernatural powers?

Works of fiction suggest that it was being stabbed by Longinus that decisively killed Jesus, which in turn inspired the belief that the spearhead was actually the only weapon in the world fit for the task. However, nothing even in the big book suggests that Jesus was immortal or invulnerable, or that the weapon was in any way special.

Even crazier is the idea that the spear's holder would somehow become invincible or gain a luck bonus when commanding an army. "Longinus" is said to have been a regular Roman guard, not a general. Even if godly magic powers could be real, such qualities would've been unnecessary for the weapon's original task: to finish off the son of God.

So, no matter what, the spear would only be any good for killing what it impales. Which is kinda the whole point of spears.

Is one of the known spears the real deal?

Functionally, they might as well all be. Does it really matter?

What if there's still some of Jesus' blood left on the real weapon? In the legend of King Arthur, Galahad uses the spear to heal the legs of the crippled king Pelles, because the blood left on the weapon has the same healing powers as Jesus did. More modern is the idea that Jesus's DNA could be extracted from it and used for whatever.

But the Bible says only water came from the stab wound; Jesus was already dead. And let's be real, no soldier would fail to keep his weapon spotless! Blood is known to ruin metal quickly and Longinus would've no doubt carefully washed the tool his life could depend on.
>>
>>18730649

the spear itself has no power. They want it so they can get some samples of christ's blood
>>
File: 1472920576232.jpg (188KB, 426x500px) Image search: [Google]
1472920576232.jpg
188KB, 426x500px
>>18730649
I would much rather prefer to get my hands on Gungnir or that celtic myth spear that is probably just Gungnir anyways. There described as always hitting their targets when thrown with the ability to return to their user.
>>
looks like someone just watched the first librarian movie. fuck of kid, the adults have things to discuss.
>>
>>18730649
Jesus doesn't (didn't) exists, therefore it's all bullshit and lies.
Get back to the real world
>>
>>18730944
Maybe, maybe not. But this seems to be his actual origins.

The parallers between Dionysus and Jesus are quite baffling.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dionysus
>>
>>18730845
What the fuck is The Librarian? Sounds gay.

Dude could have just read history books since the Nazis were looking for Longinus' spear.
>>
>>18731074
Jesus wasn't born on December 25th, he was born in the spring. December 25 was adopted to make pagans into Christians. December 25 was adopted because of the pagan solstice celebration. Most Christian holidays fall on pagan days.
>>
>>18731074
There weren't three wise men in the Bible. There is no number given. It's just like with the fruit that Eve ate, it wasn't an apple, it was never specified.
>>
>>18730649
The spear is just a metaphor for man's mercy. Kinda makes sense that Hitler couldn't find it.
>>
>>18730649
I own the real one. Mainly use it for anal pleasure, but it's useful for winning at cards and mahjong with my buddies.
>>
>>18730649
This thread is retarded, he shot an arrow into Jesus not a spear
>>
>>18730649
If I learned something after all these years. Dear anon. Is to never take anything literally.
>>
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_Lance
>The Holy Lance in Vienna is displayed in the Imperial Treasury or Weltliche Schatzkammer (lit. Secular Treasure Room) at the Hofburg Palace in Vienna, Austria
>>
>>18731248
Mandingo affect confirmed.
>>
File: 1482473173561.png (607KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1482473173561.png
607KB, 1280x720px
If I ever found the spear of destiny I would have it melted down
>>
File: ssofassokhjvkgh3.jpg (137KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
ssofassokhjvkgh3.jpg
137KB, 800x600px
>>18730649
I got it.
>>
>>18730944
Most scientists agree that Jesus had in fact lived. I would advise that you get your head out of your ass, and do some actual research instead of spouting off bullshit.
>>
>>18731074
And what about actual historic similarities between Jesus and saint Issa in buddhism?
>>
>>18732066
Mind posting sources on that?
From what I've read no historian ever mentions jesus and all he was, was a fabrication.
I'd like to see where you're getting your information from.
>>
>>18730649
Bullshit. Everyone rekted who tried to use it's "powers".
>>
>>18732456
Sigh.

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historicity_of_Jesus

>www.express.co.uk › News › Science

>www.biblicalarchaeology.org/daily/people-cultures-in.../jesus...jesus/did-jesus-exist/
>>
>>18732751
Is this bait? Those three sources are awful.
Try again, post real academic sources where scientists are coming forward and claiming Jesus was a real historical figure.
>>
immense power to curse you forever

fuckhead
>>
>>18732847
>Real academic sources.

You mean from the same people who claim shit like "there are 57 different gender identities"? Or maybe those claiming that "Science knows everything and can never be wron!111!!" Those were the best that I could find that were not overtly biased, or absolute shit. Perhaps you can find others, but I am not doing it for you.
>>
>>18732847
>I don't like these sources! Find me new ones, ones that fit my world view!
No, do it yourself
>>
Kind of defeats the purpose searching for the spear doesn't it?
It's magical because Jesus's blood was spilled with it, right?
Doesn't that mean that Jesus is the source of the magical power here?
I'm not even a christian, but I never understood the fascination with some random spearhead that stabbed a magical dude once.
>>
>>18730649
I was under the impression that at least most of the said spears are of far too recent make, as in, not what a roman soldier would've had 2000 years ago.

One of them supposedly has a nail hammered in that fits the time period, though.
>>
>>18732881
>>18732919
If you two little retards think those are good sources then you need say no more
This isn't a /pol/ things, there are two genders with the occasional genetic freak that has two reproductive organs, I'm not "that guy" if you think that's the sources I'm looking for
Be more objective and look for factual shit that has evidence behind it, your ancient book proves nothing, nothing we have proves the existence of Jesus
But keep your retarded fight going
>>
File: teltdtguiwmqdofobas6.png (269KB, 636x358px) Image search: [Google]
teltdtguiwmqdofobas6.png
269KB, 636x358px
>>18730649
It's on the moon.
>>
>>18730649
The Catholic church was established hundreds of years after the crucifixion, with the Council of Nicea. There is no way they have such artifacts.
>>
>>18730649
In one of (((their))) prophecies, one will pest their god after aquiring the power of approval and the Spear of Destiny.
This is one of the multiple prophecies that are all alternative ends.
They also try to prevent this from happening by any means necessary.

(((They))), of course hold all of the holy manuscripts and items that are known.
>>
Stab yourself with it and you get a stand ability
>>
>>18730944
is the v
>>
>>18733406
>t.Assmad Atheitard.

Reddit is down the hall that way, sir. Nobody here is going to spoonfeed you, or stroke your ego you self entitled little twat. Fuck off, if you do not wish to contribute to discussion.
>>
>>18730649
The real one is in the holding wing of a research lab in Geneva. It was "destroyed" in a resonance conductivity test checking its ability to channel different types of magical energy, and the remaining fragments are magically inert.
>>
>>18732055
BJ was the man.
>>
>>18733510
Wrong. It existed after the Resurrection. The Catholic Church was the same church that was founded by Peter after the death of Jesus. It became called the Catholic Church after the split between Catholicism and Orthodoxy.

These items were all over the place back then. It's not hard to believe that antiquities landed in the hands of the churches.
>>
>>18733571
Where did you hear this? Sounds like a comic book story.
>>
>>18733092
The nail it's one of those things.

In my opinion, the power of the spear it's symbolic, it comes from an old tradition and it's used as a baton to mark the transference of power.

It has meaning inside the european continent.
>>
>>18733649
>Where did you hear this?
Looking at the inventory archives for said research lab.
>>
>>18733569
No but you can think that
You made the claim that Jesus was real and that scientists agree
I asked you for proof
You then cited Wikipedia, a retard "news" site and a biased source

Stay stupid
>>
It left Earth with Unit-01, never to be seen again.
>>
>>18730788
I don't know if military discipline applied here, Longinus was past the point of no return there, he was no longer a Roman Soldier, but a faithful disciple of Jesus. It would be a understatement that he would preserve the blood in the blade for his devotion to Jesus, as he only stabbed him to relieve him from the mortal coil.
>>
File: xCapture.jpg (113KB, 1217x443px) Image search: [Google]
xCapture.jpg
113KB, 1217x443px
>>
File: Jesus zeitgeist.png (2MB, 1035x1121px) Image search: [Google]
Jesus zeitgeist.png
2MB, 1035x1121px
>>18731074
>>
>>18730649
Wolfenstein 3D was better to be honest.
>>
File: CouldItBe.jpg (63KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
CouldItBe.jpg
63KB, 1280x720px
>>18730788

You have misquoted the reference to what happened when Jeshua was stabbed by the guard. Since the King James Version of the bible was scribed by the master of language of their time, it is considered to be the most accurate.

John 19:34 KJV

"But one of the soldiers with a spear pierced his side, and immediately came there out blood and water."

YOUR INACCURATE QUOTE
"But the bible says only water came from the stab wound"

I wonder what or whom could have helped you do that?
>>
>>18730839

Where's the honor in that?
>>
Sometimes i think of that Roman Soldier and I think it was an act of Mercy to stab him.

Because a prolonged suffering on the cross to die of exposure / dehydration would be worse.
>>
i personally posses the spear
the spear is not in pieces, its a whole object
the spear itself has no special properties
>>
>>18731954
Just for the sake of being edgy?
What an autistic waste
>>
>>18730649
When it comes to christian relics I prefer The Holy Prepuce https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_Prepuce
>>
Why is it wrapped in gold
>>
>>18735244

King James version is a translation of a translation and known for its inaccuracy, though.
>>
>>18730649
>including Hitler.
Citations needed
>>
>>18730845
LOL!! Yeah this is some pretty important shit! Newfag beta
>>
The spear was made in medieval times, the carbon dating is clear. It also was never a weapon but used to carry the flag into battle. The "nail" of christ that is set into the blade is also a dufferent date.
>>
>>18731127
Lmfao how the fuck would you know that
>>
>>18732066
"Most scientists agree" is one of the stupidest, most uneducated statements ever.
>>
>>18732066
>Most scientists agree that Jesus had in fact lived
Citation needed
>>
>>18730944
Got any proof, ya fuckin fatso virgin?
>>
>>18733406
Are you retarded? I mean, like, literally retarded? I can't see any other explanation for what you are blubbering.
>>
>>18733782
Jocephus, fagtard.
>>
>>18733562
thats an arrow dummy
>>
>>18735839
Historians generally affirm that he existed, but it's up in the air as to whether he was the son of God or just a travelling magician who let things get out of hand.
>>
>>18733761
Link? Sources? Names?

C'mon, give us something we can work with, not just empty claims.
>>
>>18735362

My favorite gag is when a proper man pretends to be a dirty Jew then stops the whore mother from producing another disgusting braindead pumpbot through truly magical methods.
>>
>>18736552
SHUT UP NAMEFAG
>>
>>18736589

JOIN US!
>>
>>18736790

SHUT UP NAMEFAG
>>
>>18735978
(((Jocephus)))
Good goy, keep following their fabricated religion
>>
>>18731074
zeitgeist is utter shit my dude
>>
>>18732847
>who is Tacitus?
Fucking pleb learn some history
>>
>>18733782
Stay an ignorant, arrogant asshat. Come back when you actually want to learn something, and not act like some spoiled pompous prick who thinks he knows everything from reading scientology blogs on the Interwebs
>>
>>18735839
Most Historians and Philosophers agree that he had lived, they just don't know the exact details.
>>
>>18737174
>Genuinely thinks regurgitating /pol/ memes will help him blend in.

Hello Schlomo Goldsteinshekelberg. How may we help you?
>>
>>18732881
>"Science knows everything and can never be wron!111!!"
scientists don't actually say that and you know it. stop being silly. only humanities majors and shitty journalists who are looking for the next alarmist clickbait say that.
>>
>>18730944
If Jesus doesn't exist why are you using his name?

It's impossible to discuss something that doesn't exist
>>
>>18730649
That looks like the fakest shit ive ever seen. If there was a spear that stabbed Jesus it would be a basic ass Bronze or Iron spearhead. Not an elaborate one like that. They didnt have the craftsmanship for that design back in our Lord's day.
>>
>>18733782
>My (((teachers))) and (((professors))) told me wikipedia was bad and I believed them
Look at the sources that the wikipedia page uses. Their all at the bottom of the page, for your autistic viewing pleasure.
>>
Asuka best girl
>>
>>18730649
What 'potential' or 'power' do you claim it possesses? Also, if it has magical powers, then the real spear should be easy to detect. Hint: it is the magical one.
>>
>>18740770
Incorrect on the craftsmanship
>>
>>18740841
How so, friend?
>>
>>18730649
Your body might probably be destroyed because it will fill you with τελέω.Even saints can only handle low amount of τελέω because they are only replicas of Christ and his miracles.
>>
Speaking of spears, has anyone seen mine?
>>
>>18740852
Additionally,based on theories you can replace an angel if you know how to summon one and kill it with this.
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.